AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 17:10   Link #201
Liallo
lost in own world

If Jin is such a good actor... then perhaps he was acting the whole thing out too? Some sick, twisted idea to gain trust and then ... poof along with Sana, Jo (who is wounded, but because of careful consideration, is useful) and Vulcan project?

... probably not.... Now all that is left is a hope that they won't brainwash jo...
Old 2006-09-28, 07:42   Link #202
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

woah this i'll be fun till the end yay. Poor Jou thought

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 22:33   Link #203
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just watched Ep07. The darker side of Jin becomes more apparent, and Jo finally makes a decision that opposes Jin. I still have no concrete idea on what Sana's secret is, but I am guessing it has something to do with the Gladiators. Maybe she contains the secret to their weakness?
Old 2006-09-30, 09:29   Link #204
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
They always cut through the interesting parts . 5 more episodes to go ? .

Jin is too creepy, I dont know if revenge is really his true motive. If he's so heartless i doubt he would care about his father.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 11:57   Link #205
Izzile

I hate Jin now. Crushing Sana's feelings = unacceptable. Even if he is just acting.
Izzile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 15:22   Link #206
carsony

What's that piano song called?

Does anyone know what that piano music that they keep playing is? And does anyone where u can find it or download it?

Thank You
carsony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 17:54   Link #207
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im starting to really like this series now as more and more things are reveled seriously mad at Jin right now after that stunt with the Piano poor Sana shes so cute. well seems like we do for some seriousl action our heros have to get Sana back and i dont think the baddies are going to let them walk through the front door and just give her back
Old 2006-09-30, 23:46   Link #208
tempest3991

Well, after episode 8 this show can go in two directions.....

1.) A really good one

2.) Fall to pieces in a flaming wreck

Of the two main characters, one is supposely killed, and the other one is now a villian? Oh lord, this could go in many directions, and i'm fearing that neither of them is good.
tempest3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 23:58   Link #209
coba

I don't think Jo will die easily though. Also, I do have a question thoug: in the opening song, we can see Jo with a redy eye (like he is in the seed mode). Is there any important stuff with that ? I suspect it is somehow related to the increasing in ability for piloting the gladiator.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 01:15   Link #210
kauldron26
Med Student

just saw episode 8... wow... never saw that coming... i love it when a show has to balls to go in a totally different direction and rip the rug off ur feet.
Old 2006-10-01, 03:19   Link #211
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest3991
Of the two main characters, one is supposely killed, and the other one is now a villian? Oh lord, this could go in many directions, and i'm fearing that neither of them is good.
Oh, come on, Jou can't be dead, it's just the 8th episode. Someone will help him (that Steve guy? he doesn't seem too psycho). Besides, we all know that Jin has a sob story to tell. Someone this pretty couldn't have born this heartless. I predict that we'll hear his story next week, then while we all feel sorry for him, he'll slowly realize that he has feelings, after all (maybe while he's being pitted against Jou? the two of them have to fight somewhere along the line), and in the end he'll die in Jou and Sana's arms, possibly while repenting.

Anyway, I hadn't had high expectations for this show when I started to watch it, so it's been surprisingly fun so far. As long as it remains this enjoyable, I'm not complaining.

>coba
I don't think the red eye is of any significance... Jin's eyes are blue in the op (instead of the usual creepy yellow). I guess it just looks good and stylish.

As for the piano music, I don't think it's original... it sounds like they lifted it off of an impressionistic composer. But then, who knows, maybe it's an original work, the music composer for this show is definitely good.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 11:57   Link #212
Dernhelm
High on Jin

now the ED song is starting to make sense. i mean... it sounds so much like a farewell song because of the haunting sad melody. and the lyrics kinda fit too. if we were to follow it, or if it does give hint to the end of this show, there'll be some kind of reconciliation along the way, but it wouldn't be too pretty. like kuromitsu suggested, it could involve someone dying with regret.

(i knew it, i had suspicions about the way the characters were positioned in the ED song. Jin seems to be thrown away from Jo and Sana, or Jo seems to be flinging him away from her. and i dunno if it bears any significance but there's also Toraji seeming like he's spearing Jin with his katana...)

about Jo's condition now, hey don't count Gora out! i think he's barely in one piece somewhere, but he'll definitely come. they didn't show him in pieces at least, plus he's just been Jo's newest friend lol. as someone i know says, Gora's the other person who's made Jo respond to as much. ^^

but poor Jo indeed. the feeling of betrayal is nasty indeed. especially if it's the person you literally only opened up to.

EDIT: and OMG, the stab i was just joking about became true! X_X

edit2: methinks two people will fight to the death, ending with one person dying in one's arms (like someone brought up), regretting all the horrible things he's done. actually, that's being too optimistic even, the series could end with slamming Jin as a really evil remorseless person, period. x_X

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 13:02   Link #213
kauldron26
Med Student

lmao i was studying the ED too... it seems jo is protecting sana from Jin. And guys if u think jin is preteding u are sadly mistaking. Not only did he kill Sana's father but he also cold bloodedly killed the guy on the plane during that first mission. He also shows no emotion when he gets out of the gladiator.
Old 2006-10-01, 18:02   Link #214
Guido

Forfeit

Adults embark on abominable acts as a mean to serve an end and never to become part of any others' plans. This is what I interpret now that I have watched episode eight; what Drake and Phantom did to Sanas' "brothers" was an unspeakable horror to come up with the Gladiators, but what Jin did to both Sana and Jo to serve his goal is UNFORGIVEABLE.

I have to give thanks to kuromitsu's posts regarding Jin, and good that before this episode I never held high hopes on him. Honestly, I think that the Jin both Sana and Jo knew never existed at all; he was a facade to get all the proper pieces in one place.
Talk about the Aizen's complex.

Spoiler:

I would not like to jump on early conclusions, but I can safely say that there's no hope for Jin and doesn't deserve forgiveness. I'm just wondering if his alliance with Drake will later turn out into a power struggle to witness whose become the final boss.

Jo must have something in him to be able to pilot the Gladiator without jeopardizing his emotions that make him human. Of course, the side-effect manifests as the tears he sheds once he's done with battle.
In some ways and manner I'm strongly believe that Jo's also a child.

Thankfully, as the title for next episode suggests both Jo and Gora will be bailed out by Toraji. And it looks that.....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 20:03   Link #215
Dernhelm
High on Jin

ah, the aizen complex.

i'd also like to know if Sana's father had anything to do with turning her into a "mother", or that he had any idea of the Gladiator technology involving the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26
Not only did he kill Sana's father but he also cold bloodedly killed the guy on the plane during that first mission. He also shows no emotion when he gets out of the gladiator.
that was more or less reasonable because the guy intended to kill Jin in the first place, as indicated by the dramas, just because Jin he got mad at Jin for losing his arm when he was trying to save him.

lastly, looks like there's going to be a swap in alliances. the good guy side lost Jin, and probably in exchange, the Phantom mercenaries will come to their senses and Steve and co. (along with Lenni) will turn over from the bad guys.

Old 2006-10-02, 13:28   Link #216
Dernhelm
High on Jin

this just in...

wow, this is just too bizarre. remember how the Death Note artist got arrested for carrying a huge knife? people then were joking about how he's been consumed by his dark character, Raito/Light. something along the same lines has happened to Takahiro Sakurai, Jin's VA/seiyuu, and we all very well know by now what just happened to Jin in the last episode (8), ne?

according to this post in the seiyuu lj comm, it seems that Sakurai has landed himself into some serious trouble. long story short, "it seem like Sakurai-san imitated (adapted?) some of 三谷幸喜's work and used it as his own drama play."

a colleague kinda makes it sound all too familiar: "he always thought Sakurai was a nice person very well mannered and so on."

my, what strange coincidence.

Old 2006-10-02, 14:20   Link #217
JerseyDevil
Eating cattle since 1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest3991
Are you kidding? I love the way things are headed right now. Jin turning into an evil mastermind? Awesome. Jo, the loyal dog, must now kill his best friend/master? Awesome. The Phantom crew losing their faith in the organization and possibly revolting? Awesome.

What I'm afraid of is that it'll sink back in to typical cliches, like Jin just pretending to change sides to dig them out of their predicament or something.
JerseyDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 14:35   Link #218
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Or Jo will take them all on!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 16:59   Link #219
Shades
Kali Kompton Hoodlum

Ouch...interesting. I'll keep to spoiler tags, since all of these at least partially reference events up to ep 8.

Spoiler for Jin's motives:

Spoiler for op/ed insights:

Spoiler for Jo's gladiator:
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:21   Link #220
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades
Spoiler for Jo's gladiator:
It explains that Jo maybe becomes one with the childs' emotions, and he does not try to fight them back like the other pilots do, but instead his subconscious connects with the child's psyche.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action