AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-04, 07:18   Link #41
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
D:

Is it bettar than Tsuyokiss? LAWL.
Probably not... (but tbh I liked Tsuyokiss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
However, the entire anime reeks of laziness. It's like whoever is directing or animating this was forced to with a gun to their heads. It's semi-apparent why people would drop this, considering the overall presentation just feels so...stale.
Well said; laziness...
Old 2007-01-04, 11:32   Link #42
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

LAZINESS IS FINE TOO

(I liked Tsuyokiss as well ... but I know people can handle this. I mean, LIME handled the subbing of Okusama wa Joshikousei, and it was REALLY BAD, too. If anyone wants a QCer, I'm here to help. )
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:17   Link #43
Cyprene

GinIro No Olys-something or other

So we (Shinsen) released this thing. It's like Gundam Seed's retarded stepchild, but we did it anyway. Gotta love completeness.

Anybody know anything about it, like whose horrible idea it was to make it? I think I heard it was a series of light novels, does anybody know if that's true?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:30   Link #44
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
So we (Shinsen) released this thing. It's like Gundam Seed's retarded stepchild, but we did it anyway. Gotta love completeness.

Anybody know anything about it, like whose horrible idea it was to make it? I think I heard it was a series of light novels, does anybody know if that's true?
Wow, yeah. Seriously, it does sound like it just from the summary I read.

Shame I'm not a mecha fan, or my masochism just might support it.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:33   Link #45
Guido

Quote:

From what I heard (rumors maybe) that anime was an overall failure to attract mainstream mecha otakus in Japan.

I repeat maybe were RUMORS that I heard and read.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:34   Link #46
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
From what I heard (rumors maybe) that anime was an overall failure to attract mainstream mecha otakus in Japan.

I repeat maybe were RUMORS that I heard and read.
And an American cult favorite is born: It's so bad you HAVE to like it, or else you're not cool.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 20:24   Link #47
NaweG
Just some guy

OK, if it's that bad, can I assume that these 6 episodes are all that will be subbed? If I'm going to hurt myself, I'd like to at least hurt myself completely...
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 22:06   Link #48
Cyprene

Yes, we're subbing the whole thing.
Old 2007-01-24, 00:19   Link #49
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Giniro no Olynssis

Well i was watching it and while i was watching the intro. I was like hmm this intro seems familiar. So i kept on thinking and then it hit me! its like Gundam Seed! the chick looks like Lacus same outfit hair. the guy might as well be kira yamato. IDk is it just me but some of the intro sequences seem the same too! Is it just me? Sorry about making a new thread. I'm glad i'm not only who is thinking about gundam seed when i see the intro. Dude there is guy who looks like athruan (sp) as well its kinda funny and ridiculous all in the same time.

Last edited by Witacume; 2007-01-24 at 00:28. Reason: didn't see there was a thread already
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 01:26   Link #50
jpwong

I saw the first few episodes of this when it first came out, and promptly dumped it. I'm really not surprised if it did poorly.

I don't know how much expertise Toei Animation has in the giant mecha area, but to make what seems to amount to some wierd crossover of Gundam Seed Destiny and Fafner almost immediatly after destiny ended using virtually identical character look alikes screams to me as a bad plan of action.
Old 2007-01-24, 01:57   Link #51
Cyprene

I swear to God I heard it was based off a series of light novels, and they just snagged "Hirai-sensei" (Whoever that is. I guess it's the GS char designer?)
to do the character design.. Mecha light novels? Does that work as a genre?
Old 2007-01-24, 02:58   Link #52
aardvark

Quote:
I swear to God I heard it was based off a series of light novels, and they just snagged "Hirai-sensei" (Whoever that is. I guess it's the GS char designer?)
Check on the first page of the thread, it says it's based on a series of light novels. The illustration on the first page is also by Hirai. So maybe he was involved with the novels before the anime.

And yeah, I watched the first episode of this when it aired and jsut couldn't go on. Just horribly average in every way possible....
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 05:55   Link #53
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I thank Shinsen-subs from the bottom of my heart. This was one anime I just had to see to believe. YES! Ohohoho~
Old 2007-01-24, 10:33   Link #54
anavrin

Talking

Juz wanna ask those who have watched it. How do u find the series? is it good? would u recommend to others to watch it? Coz I haven't watch it yet... thinking whether to start watching the series or not.
anavrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 10:56   Link #55
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I won't say it's a guaranteed classic like Death Note, because it definitely isn't, but if you're not too much into animation and can tolerate a decent story, my answer for that is 'why not?' Let me tell you, however, that the animation is subpar and the story is only decent. I'm still watching this series, however.

Why don't you try just the first episode and see for yourself?
Old 2007-01-24, 11:30   Link #56
hikarikokoro

hmm, somehow i just feel the character designer for this anime should put in more effort in his design...I mean they really look like the gundam seed main characters...its kind of disappointing. He should have experimented or added some interesting features to his characters in this anime...
hikarikokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 12:24   Link #57
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's not the character designer's fault ... if it was as well-animated as Code Geass we wouldn't have any problem at all. Personally, I think it's the animators' fault.
Old 2007-01-24, 13:14   Link #58
NeoSam

Quote:
Based on a male oriented light novel thats serialized in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Maoh.

The first volume of this light novel got released last month (12/2006), and the light novel is still ongoing in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Maoh.

Here's the cover of the first volume:

Shounen/Seinen light novel
Serialized in: Dengeki Maoh
Old 2007-01-24, 13:24   Link #59
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
ATHRUN X LACUS REDUX!!!

Seriously, that guy needs to learn how to make differentiating character designs.
Old 2007-01-25, 05:16   Link #60
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:

Uhm this is a difficult reply because I'm grateful to Shinsen for having "released this thing" but, at the same time, I don't like the tone you're referring to it at all.
I mean: the characters' design is pretty similiar to the ones of Gundam Seed, that's a fact. Ok, the characters' design could be a little more original, that's for sure. But, aside from that, is the plot, the sound, the animation so bad? I don't think so: it's not a master piece, like others have already wrote, but it's not that bad. It's an average anime: not too good not too bad, good enough for mecha fans and for people who have already seen all of the master pieces out there.
I wrote to make forum readers know that there are people who actually like this anime and it isn't only hated.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mecha, romance, seinen