AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 14:50   Link #701
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Spoiler for Heavens Feel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
I found Saber the more interesting part of the anime. How about the manga?
Well, you'll see for yourself, but as others said play the VN. For example Kotomine gets many times more interesting in HF.
Not to mention the exceeding amount of Shirou development you experience in the routes.
Old 2009-11-22, 15:10   Link #702
straferd
Toushi

I will give it a try next weekend.

If I have understood it correctly from all the warnings here, if I like Saber then I shouldn't play the HF plot? Recently I have seen couple of sad anime and I think it would be wise for me to stay away from sad moments for a while..

The anime ending gave me a tear or two as well..

Goddess: Kan'u
Favourites: 1. Lucy 2. Revy 3. Yomi 4. Nina Wng 5. Jo 6. Teresa 7. Saber 8. Shiki 9. Alphard 10. Chidori 11. Sousuke 12. Shana 13. Yin 14. Natsuki
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:29   Link #703
Aqua Knight

Play all the routes.
Though I played only UBW and HF, because I'm not a fan of Shirou x Saber and have seen enough it in the anime.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:33   Link #704
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
lol.
Well, I had almost nothing against the Shirou X Saber pairing, but I wanted to know more about the Nasuverse and I heard FSN is a quite good story.

And well, HF is a bit "mean" with Seiba-san, but I think she still really had her role in the story. It isn't like she was almost ommitted from the plot.
Old 2009-11-25, 12:47   Link #705
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
Killing the one who was originally tasked to protect you... reminds me of what Pope Clement V did to Jaques du Molay and the rest of his order. If you don't know where I'm coming from, read up on those two. (Jaques du Molay was literally the second most powerful man in medieval Europe, as the only person who could order him was the Pope)
Old 2009-12-08, 22:22   Link #706
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i would of loved an edning to this where Emiya went back with saber to help her.
Old 2009-12-29, 05:44   Link #707
Crisis
Rock on ^^

This was a tragic anime. .. just like Chrono Crusade.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 09:58   Link #708
DrMooN
Suigintou addict!

Tragic one.. indeed.

btw awesome OST and storyline.

IMO, they kept it short to make it unlike those with 200++ episodes. e.g. one piece, naruto... blah..blah..blah.. [did i smell the rage of the fans?]
DrMooN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 05:50   Link #709
superdivapz

Thumbs up FSN rules!

• General impression of the series.
    Firstever anime that touched my heart and it rocks!
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
    Great story...liking the romance...love the fighting ways
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
    Generally for the 21st century
  • Characters.
    fave ones are Saber and Rin
  • Whether there should be another season.
    There should be more seasons to come
  • Whether there should have been more episodes or less.
    Theres should be 1000 episodes
  • What the show meant to you.
    It is like that this showed me my fighting spirit not just as a woman but a person willing to sacrifice for the other
  • What could the creators/animators/writers could have done better.
    More romance please
superdivapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 15:51   Link #710
Whiska

I watched this years ago and I just watched it all this week again, still just as awesome. Though I feel confused. I could have sworn the ending was different.

Spoiler for Ending:

What other anime have I got this confused with?! I distinctly remember it happening on a bridge.
Whiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 16:07   Link #711
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiska View Post
I watched this years ago and I just watched it all this week again, still just as awesome. Though I feel confused. I could have sworn the ending was different.

Spoiler for Ending:

What other anime have I got this confused with?! I distinctly remember it happening on a bridge.
Pretty sure that's the end of the first Bleach movie.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 17:33   Link #712
Whiska

Oh yeh thanks, hehe now i feel a tad stupid.
Whiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 17:27   Link #713
[AegiS]

I just finished watching this show....oh my gawd. Sadest ending nooooo arggg wtF saberrr whYyy diD you haD to leaVe, although this was going to happen..

Anyway.. can someone enlighten me on history of the downfall of king arthur. i was a bit lost here and was ultimetly confused, as to why did the country betrayed Saber after she did eveything in here power to protect it.

Not good when it comes to history but if someone can explain it, it would most likely clear up some confusion for me.
[AegiS] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 17:31   Link #714
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by [AegiS] View Post
Anyway.. can someone enlighten me on history of the downfall of king arthur. i was a bit lost here and was ultimetly confused, as to why did the country betrayed Saber after she did eveything in here power to protect it.
My knowledge of the Arthur legend is kind of spotty, so I might be wrong about a few details, but from what I remember he lost favor with Avalon because of his decision to support the new ways of life instead of keeping loyal to the old traditions. He also had Mordred, his son, who hated him for abandoning the old ways (and possibly other ways, depending on which version of the legend you believe with how Morgane got pregnant...)

Basically, when Lancelot returned to France Arthur was pressured to go after him, and while he was gone Mordred seized control of the land and caused disrest. Auther returned to fight Mordred, and was ultimately killed in that battle.

(I say the legend of Arthur, but I'm referring to Saber since she's a female version of Arthur, heh.)
Old 2010-03-23, 22:10   Link #715
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The 'final battle' is usually Mount Badon. Excalibur is usually returned to the lady of the lake, either by Pellinor, Kay, or Bedivere.

Arthur apparently rode to avalon, never to be seen again. (Avalon = Corbenic. Corbnic = castle where the holy Grail was kept. Holy Grail = Grail War... anyone else see the connection?)

It all depends on what version you are reading. The older ones tend to be more about the gaul occupation, while more recent is romantisizing the epic.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 10:39   Link #716
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
It all depends on what version you are reading. The older ones tend to be more about the gaul occupation, while more recent is romantisizing the epic.
True enough, heh. The version I'm most familiar with is where he returns to the kingdom to fight Mordred and is killed, and Bedivere throws Excalibur into the lake so that the Lady of the Lake can reclaim it.
Old 2010-03-24, 13:05   Link #717
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
The 'final battle' is usually Mount Badon. Excalibur is usually returned to the lady of the lake, either by Pellinor, Kay, or Bedivere.
Actually, Mount Badon is the second to last battle (which is a genuine historical battle), where the Britons stopped the Saxon advance for a good 50-60 years. The final battle, which in Arthurian tradition was fought against Mordred and his rebels, is the battle of Camlann. That's where he died (along with Mordred and virtually all of the Knights of the Round Table).

Since we're talking about Saber in particular here, Bedivere is the one who returns Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake. I'm not sure who it is in more general legends, though.

Quote:
Arthur apparently rode to avalon, never to be seen again.
In the version I read, he went by boat (because Avalon was an island). In the FSN version, Saber never goes anywhere. She just lies there and dies. Also, Avalon has nothing to do with the Holy Grail, either in Arthurian tradition or in FSN.

Quote:
Gaul occupation?

I think you'll find you mean Saxon, actually. Arthur was a native Briton (or, alternately, a Britonised Roman) fighting the Saxon invaders (who are the ancestors of the English). Arthur succeeded in stopping the invasion in his lifetime, but the Saxons eventually took over (except for Wales and Cornwall, which held out for another 750 years, until after the Saxon rulers were overthrown by the Normans).

His story started out as a Welsh legend, but it was appropriated by the English in order to reduce his effect as a Welsh rallying point (the legend is that he'll return to defend his country, so any Welsh leader who was so inclined could have claimed to be him in order to garner support), and since the English weren't too hot on the idea of a hero who fought against them, they emphasised his quest for the Holy Grail, and invented the idea of Arthur being a Chivilrous knight, fitting in with the Norman idea of how knights should act (the concept of Chivalry is a 10th century French invention, and so Arthur wouldn't have even heard of it).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 14:37   Link #718
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quite correct! I felt stupid after reading up. Mount Badon was the second to last battle. Also, the version I have is quite vague of how Arthur 'went' to avalon. he simply 'Rode' there, whether on horse or a boat is up in the air.

The Saxon occupation, then. Also, i'm familiar with how Arthur became a legend. I simply haven't read up on it for awhile, last night I did though.

Sorry for the mistakes. xD
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 14:33   Link #719
[AegiS]

Anyone know a site where i can go read Fate/Zero pre-quel Novel for FSN?
~Thanks
[AegiS] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 15:48   Link #720
Cherry_Lover

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...itle=Fate/Zero

That's the site for the English translation (which is what I assume you're after). It's not finished yet, though (they're at the end of the third book, out of four).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote