AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-15, 18:59   Link #161
mlai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
That particular doujin always makes me more sad. But as far as FSN doujins go, that one is still the very best one I've encountered. Sword Dancers is awesome but its story is very deviated from FSN.

I tend to have a more dramatic vision of The Throne of Heroes. It's not a "cryostasis prison" and it's not a paradise with golden apples. As Agent Smith once paraphrased, humans cannot handle utopia. So The Throne of Heroes is anything but a tranquil relaxing place, IMO.

Here's the opening of my own amateur effort. Not as detailed. But when the planned story is 300 pgs rather than 8 pgs, I think I can be forgiven.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5..._001_final.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5..._002_final.jpg
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 19:34   Link #162
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
hehe, to me it is official. Saber died, Archer died. They are getting "jiggy with it" in the after life. Screw the Avalon stuff that only Saber can go too!

besides, there are multiple endings where Saber doesnt die and Shiro either. Since the game ends there you can create whatever you want afterwards.


Besides, in hollow ataraxia, all the servants are alive and well, including Saber.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 19:42   Link #163
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
That particular doujin always makes me more sad. But as far as FSN doujins go, that one is still the very best one I've encountered. Sword Dancers is awesome but its story is very deviated from FSN.

I tend to have a more dramatic vision of The Throne of Heroes. It's not a "cryostasis prison" and it's not a paradise with golden apples. As Agent Smith once paraphrased, humans cannot handle utopia. So The Throne of Heroes is anything but a tranquil relaxing place, IMO.

Here's the opening of my own amateur effort. Not as detailed. But when the planned story is 300 pgs rather than 8 pgs, I think I can be forgiven.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5..._001_final.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5..._002_final.jpg
hey

mlai, those 2 pages are actually pretty good! with those skills, it makes me really want to see some doujins of fsn from u, cuz i think they would be awesome. But im not forcing u or anything. and that doujin that made u sad? yeah it kinda made me sad too to see how pathetic the storyline of the fanfic is going along right now. FSN shouldn't have any "utopias" or wonderlands, it should have stuck to the original atmosphere of the anime.
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 07:01   Link #164
mlai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
@ Danny:
I think there's a high possibility that Shirou can't be with Artoria even after he dies.
And FHA is a dream, not reality. And it wasn't even Shirou.

@ S-gan:
I'm putting the story online after I'm done with 3 chapters. Halfway there.

Quote:
yeah it kinda made me sad too to see how pathetic the storyline of the fanfic is going along right now. FSN shouldn't have any "utopias" or wonderlands, it should have stuck to the original atmosphere of the anime.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 15:44   Link #165
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
@ Danny:
I think there's a high possibility that Shirou can't be with Artoria even after he dies.
And FHA is a dream, not reality. And it wasn't even Shirou.

@ S-gan:
I'm putting the story online after I'm done with 3 chapters. Halfway there.


I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
ok trying to say that fanfic, as of right now, is pathetic, not trying to insult anyone cuz the art is good, but the storyline is not realistic. A heaven where all the servants go to? wat the hell? and emiya should be there yet, he is still alive and well in the real world, it just doesn't fit witht he original story of fsn anime.but that just my opinions, for i'd like to see more of this, if u know where to find more, plz tell.
and also, im looking forward to yur story be sure to give me a link when yur done!! and FHA wasn;t a dream, it was reality created by avenger, no more spoilers
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:15   Link #166
mlai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
That 8-page doujin has a plausible, if wishful, storyline. I think you don't understand it entirely.

That doujin is assuming that Avalon is the same as The Throne of Heroes, which is why all the Servants went there after the War. Realistically, there should be tons of other heroes there milling about. The doujin doesn't show it other than having a woman who looked like a valkyrie.

There's nothing wrong with a grown-up (and dead) Shirou being there, because Avalon or ToH is timeless. Heroes from the past present and future all go there, "at the same time." Saber's nap was pretty long though; everyone else was already partying and she was still sleeping.

Depending how you look at it, FHA can be seen as a dream. Because it didn't last, and it wasn't the true reality.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 19:01   Link #167
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
That 8-page doujin has a plausible, if wishful, storyline. I think you don't understand it entirely.

That doujin is assuming that Avalon is the same as The Throne of Heroes, which is why all the Servants went there after the War. Realistically, there should be tons of other heroes there milling about. The doujin doesn't show it other than having a woman who looked like a valkyrie.

There's nothing wrong with a grown-up (and dead) Shirou being there, because Avalon or ToH is timeless. Heroes from the past present and future all go there, "at the same time." Saber's nap was pretty long though; everyone else was already partying and she was still sleeping.

Depending how you look at it, FHA can be seen as a dream. Because it didn't last, and it wasn't the true reality.
yes, dats exactly why i disliked that doujin, it is too perfect, just out of place for FSN.
plus, shirou's new look in that doujin disturbs me greatly, i don't like THAT personality compared to the original anime's and FHA, u can say it was a dream or not, i personally think it wasn't due to all the sample CGs ive read on beast's lair translated, they really explained the changes ( even though it didn't make sense) tha happened in half a year, but even that, I can understand why its a dream, i guess i could agree with u.
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 22:50   Link #168
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
Only way Shirou will every see her again is in the afterlife, if you don't believe in that then well, they never meet again.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:59   Link #169
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Only way Shirou will every see her again is in the afterlife, if you don't believe in that then well, they never meet again.
we all believe in different things tiger, i'd like to keep these things out of forums as to not accidentally insulting someone.
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:31   Link #170
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
Why I took both sides. Why I did not say one was definate and the other not.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 14:27   Link #171
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
ok. im just keeping my fingers crossed on that sumthing of a continuation will apprear...just hoping...
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 08:38   Link #172
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The world of Anime.
Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
I LOVED the Anime, but I didn't like the ending. Shirou and Saber should have stayed together!

Why did they have to make an ending like that? ='(
__________________
<3 Saber, Teresa, Clare & Horo
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54797&dateline=117756  8489
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:01   Link #173
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
I LOVED the Anime, but I didn't like the ending. Shirou and Saber should have stayed together!

Why did they have to make an ending like that? ='(
u know what? dats the first person ive seen that shares EXACTLY my thought, like exactly the same...wow...thank you....im not alone
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 07:47   Link #174
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The world of Anime.
Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan0619 View Post
u know what? dats the first person ive seen that shares EXACTLY my thought, like exactly the same...wow...thank you....im not alone
Yay! I found another person too! <3
__________________
<3 Saber, Teresa, Clare & Horo
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54797&dateline=117756  8489
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 17:22   Link #175
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
Yay! I found another person too! <3
hey jamezster, got AIM? i have sum fsn news that ive found that u might be interested, plus, i wanna talk with someone that's not a fan who thinks the series should just end like this.
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 00:08   Link #176
Xyte
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
My Reaction

I just finished watching the final episode early this morning. Well for me, the ending kind of broke my heart. Its like watching samurai xs directors cut, where kenshin eventually died. Well, in FSN, at least the ending was in a positive way, but nevertheless it was kind of sad that the ending happened that way. I really hope and wished that a sequel will be released where, somehow and someway, shirou and saber will be together in a sensible manner that wont go over the boundaries of the story. T T
Xyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 06:49   Link #177
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The world of Anime.
Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Exactly how I feel.
__________________
<3 Saber, Teresa, Clare & Horo
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54797&dateline=117756  8489
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 14:54   Link #178
sharingan0619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
ahh...another believer under me...i feel so good...not alone anymore. xyte, got AIM? ew could discuss share fsn news with each other as i have been with jamezterr.
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 14:31   Link #179
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
Don't get me wrong. I wished they could have stayed together. But Saber was King Arthur. She was mortally wounded and wished she could have lived a different life rather than be King. Which is how she became Saber. Shirou made her realize she had to accept her fate, which was death. So when they completely destroyed the grail and catalysit(No more wars) she was sent back to her world.

King Arthur was mortally wounded at Battle of Camlann(Which is shown at the end). Arthur had Bedivere give Excalibur back to the lady of the lake. Then Arthur passed one when Bedivere returned to confirm the sword was gone.

I would have loved her to live, but since the makers chose Saber to be King Arthur, it would have been odd to have her live. That would have completely re-written British History.

It was trully a tragic love that was never meant to be. But there is more to the myth. Arthur was told he/(she) was going to be killed but was also told that after that he/(she) would have a paradise of whatever he/(she) wanted for his/(her)self.

One corny way of looking at it(What I think happened) was she made that paradise in Shirou's soul. Remember at the end when he said they were so far apart yet he felt like their hearts were together? I took it as she decided to be in him.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 15:20   Link #180
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The world of Anime.
Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Would of still been great if Shirou left with her too or something, or she woke up in Avalon and he was there, something! If they stayed together, thats all I would need to be happy.
__________________
<3 Saber, Teresa, Clare & Horo
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54797&dateline=117756  8489
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.