AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the most canon
IchigoxRukia 198 46.81%
IshidaxOrihime 22 5.20%
UraharaxYoruichi 86 20.33%
ShunsuixNanao 29 6.86%
HitsugayaxHinamori 34 8.04%
MatsumotoxGin 54 12.77%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-04-14, 22:27   Link #501
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
During a life or death battle, you have to think about the here and now. Worrying about the future can wait til after the fight. Besides, it was a selfish fear, not a selfless one like you make it sound.
orihime wasn't in a life or death battle. she was watching a "life or death battle."
incidentally, neither participant died in said battle anyway.
Old 2010-04-14, 22:33   Link #502
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
orihime wasn't in a life or death battle. she was watching a "life or death battle."
incidentally, neither participant died in said battle anyway.
at the time it was though. if grimjow had won, Ichigo would be dead. If he died, also at that time they though rukia & chad may be dead. So at the time she was thinking about it, it was life or death.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 23:03   Link #503
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well whatever just go ahead and just ignore everything and put your own spin into the situation.
You're doing the exact same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Using Rukia as a foundation for Ichigo's relationship only seems fanbased, which is half-true. She gave him his powers, thus being his connection to all of his troubles. But as a result he wasn't powerless and could fight there on. But getting any romantic relation out that is twisted, it was a life and death situation. As Randumo said You don't worry about the future.
Whether it was a life or death situation / they had no choice / that doesn't matter right now. That one event resulted in Rukia and Ichigo getting closer to each other.

Quote:
The same goes for SS arc, what? Saving a friend from imminent execution is romantic? Rather it can be considered and viewed as such, but not really. Thing is, Tite Kubo doesn't really think and probably just used female characters unknowingly. Maybe he actually thought out Rukia from a start for the SS arc... chances are, no.
Ofcourse it's not romantic, nobody ever said it was. What's important is the reason WHY he goes out to rescue them. Why did he go off to rescue Rukia? He didn't have to do it, he had only known her for a small time. So why did he still feel he had to go through the trouble of retrieving her? Because she changed his life and gave him the chance to fight. Because he's thankful to her.

Now, why does he go out to rescue Orihime from Hueco Mundo? Is it because it's Orihime? I don't think so. It's because she's just his friend, and Ichigo's thought process is "I must protect my friends". If Uryuu or Sado had been kidnapped he would have done the same.

The point being, he saves Rukia because she's Rukia, and he saves Orihime because's she's a friend.

I'm not a fan of shipping and definitely not saying that any of these people will ever come together. But Rukia and Ichigo being closer to each other then Orihime and Ichigo is something you can't deny, in my opinion.

Quote:
They were captured, he set out to save them. Thus he did. How they were captured or why is irrelevant in the scheme of things. You can choose to believe differently, but the plot is simple.
If you're going to ignore the details and circumstances, there's no way to discuss anything.
Old 2010-04-14, 23:04   Link #504
kamyu

Quote:
at the time it was though. if grimjow had won, Ichigo would be dead. If he died, also at that time they though rukia & chad may be dead. So at the time she was thinking about it, it was life or death.
doesn't change the fact that orihime was not in the battle. she was an observer. she was in a position where she could worry about what happens after.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-04-14, 23:09   Link #505
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
doesn't change the fact that orihime was not in the battle. she was an observer. she was in a position where she could worry about what happens after.

Spoiler for manga:
it's not about what happens later, she was worried about herself.
Old 2010-04-14, 23:19   Link #506
kamyu

Quote:
it's not about what happens later, she was worried about herself.
/facepalm...

everything about her thoughts "happens later."

from going to help rukia and chad to possible dangers of ichigo's hollow side, it is ALL about what happens later.

btw, i hope you realize how quickly you flopped from her being worried about her friends (rukia and chad) to just worrying about herself...
Old 2010-04-15, 00:19   Link #507
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
/facepalm...

everything about her thoughts "happens later."

from going to help rukia and chad to possible dangers of ichigo's hollow side, it is ALL about what happens later.

btw, i hope you realize how quickly you flopped from her being worried about her friends (rukia and chad) to just worrying about herself...
no, i said it was life or death because as far as she knew, Ichigo was the last one able to help her. her worrying is what was selfish, not the situation. You should really pay attention before you criticise.
Old 2010-04-15, 00:45   Link #508
kamyu

Quote:
no, i said it was life or death because as far as she knew, Ichigo was the last one able to help her. her worrying is what was selfish, not the situation. You should really pay attention before you criticise.
she was worrying about the situation (ichigo turning hollow, her friends dieing).
you can't have it both ways (one selfish, one not).

and how is it that she is being selfish for wanting ichigo to help her help their friends? helping their friends is selfish?

my god, i should've taken the advise from a couple pages ago and not bothered...
Old 2010-04-15, 00:48   Link #509
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I readvise it.
Old 2010-04-15, 00:52   Link #510
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
she was worrying about the situation (ichigo turning hollow, her friends dieing).
you can't have it both ways (one selfish, one not).

and how is it that she is being selfish for wanting ichigo to help her help their friends? helping their friends is selfish?

my god, i should've taken the advise from a couple pages ago and not bothered...
you're not paying attention and taking things out of context. i never said she was worried about her friends dying, i said that they were thought to be dead. Thus defining her situation in what the result of Ichigo/grimjow battle. all of that wasn't what she was worrying about during her inner monologue.
Old 2010-04-15, 08:45   Link #511
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
lol, frustrating ain't it? Especially since the anti-Orihime faction is deadset on believing that she's a evil-selfish-whiny-bitch who's only goal is self-gain
Old 2010-04-15, 11:13   Link #512
Haak
F**k my life...

Quote:
lol, frustrating ain't it? Especially since the anti-Orihime faction is deadset on believing that she's a evil-selfish-whiny-bitch who's only goal is self-gain
Whiny, yes, but evil selfish and a bitch is a little much...
Old 2010-04-15, 11:21   Link #513
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
i think you're misunderstanding my intentions. I was talking about the time during the Ichigo/grimjow fight. btw, i think she is a nice girl, but she does have selfish behavior plenty of the time. i never said evil, because that is not true.
Old 2010-04-25, 20:05   Link #514
Boo Radley

All the married couples....
I think that Ulquiorra and Orihime or Ichigo and Rukia have the most canon relationship because they both came to a mutual understanding.

About Orihime, I love her but she has made many poor choices in the manga that stem from her immaturity B(
Orihime is human and like a lot of human romances, there are times when love can and will be selfish. Thats just the way it works love is selfish, give and take.
Spoiler for maybe offensive to people who like IchiHime:

Orihime is not a bitch or secretly evil or vain, but she has her whiny moments and most definitely her selfish moments. But it's all a matter of personal interpretation and the moral standards each individual lives by. I personally think Orihime's dependency on Ichigo is making her weak as a person, I think she needs to grow up and realize what she needs more than any man right now is a friend to help her get through these issues.
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 20:17   Link #515
Randumo24
Banned

that's a pretty good take on it imo.
Old 2010-05-14, 19:24   Link #516
kraken

I have view an interview of the anime staff about the first movie and they said they wanted "to give to Ichigo an affective life" and they wanted "to show Ichigo losing someone that he loves"

So for the anime, another canon pairing would be Ichigo/Senna
kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 22:23   Link #517
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I still wonna know why exactly there is NO OrihimexIchigo?
Old 2010-05-15, 22:45   Link #518
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

The thread starter was a TERRORIST. That's what you want to hear right?
Old 2010-05-15, 22:46   Link #519
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I still wonna know why exactly there is NO OrihimexIchigo?
Because Ichigo doesn't like Orihime that way.
Old 2010-05-15, 22:48   Link #520
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Stop trolling