AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-31, 22:23   Link #1
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
M.u.g.e.n

Anyone here play MUGEN? A great 2d fighting game with all sorts of characters, stages, and layouts.

If you're wondering how it looks, here's a little vid I made featuring some characters from Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_W4KNWuJvsE

Last edited by CrYsYs; 2006-08-02 at 09:28.
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:44   Link #2
Idle Eve
Tip of the Brink.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Idle Eve Send a message via MSN to Idle Eve
To be honest, I tried pulling up a Mugen game on my PC, but hah ;_;... It was a failure. You do have a nice video though! I love your Shiki!
Idle Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:59   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
i have mixed opions about the system. when you take the characters from other games and such and change them its fine, but when its a straight port of the exact same thing thats questionable. I thought about making some backgrounds and characters few years ago but never got around to it.
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 02:32   Link #4
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ah MUGEN, i tried it once at a con... someone brought it in on a laptop with some PS2 controllers hooked up... they had a very wide variety of characters many from japanese games like melty blood, who i never saw before that day, not to mention a few incredibly cheap ones like psyco shredder and the unbeatable f1 key =P

Oh ya, by far, the most entertaining fighting game i had ever played... The characters were so mixed up and some of them were way off balance... You'd be crazy to take a game like it seriously, you can't help but just laugh and have fun... i don't like most fighting games, probably because i'm not really good at them; and i can only take loosing for so long... but MUGEN makes my lack of talent not matter... win or loose it's all good ^^... not to mention, it's the only way i can play with characters that you would only find in games that never make it to the states ( i vaguey recall loving to play as ciel from melty blood, as well as the girls from kanon)...

Unfortunatly, i was never quite able to get it to work on my PC... not sure why, maybe i just had a crappy copy of the install files... seriously, after i played it i wanted to jump right into it the moment i got back home...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 02:34   Link #5
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Ah MUGEN, i tried it once at a con... someone brought it in on a laptop with some PS2 controllers hooked up... they had a very wide variety of characters many from japanese games like melty blood, who i never saw before that day, not to mention a few incredibly cheap ones like psyco shredder and the unbeatable f1 key =P

Oh ya, by far, the most entertaining fighting game i had ever played... The characters were so mixed up and some of them were way off balance... You'd be crazy to take a game like it seriously, you can't help but just laugh and have fun... i don't like most fighting games, probably because i'm not really good at them; and i can only take loosing for so long... but MUGEN makes my lack of talent not matter... win or loose it's all good ^^... not to mention, it's the only way i can play with characters that you would only find in games that never make it to the states ( i vaguey recall loving to play as ciel from melty blood, as well as the girls from kanon)...

Unfortunatly, i was never quite able to get it to work on my PC... not sure why, maybe i just had a crappy copy of the install files... seriously, after i played it i wanted to jump right into it the moment i got back home...
You sure you were using the right version for your computer? (there's a windows, linux, and DOS)
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 02:37   Link #6
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs
You sure you were using the right version for your computer? (there's a windows, linux, and DOS)
not sure, it was awhile back, but did have windows

i might have tried using DOS, but knowing my lack of comp tech no how, i probably didn't know what to do... or something...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:07   Link #7
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You can get mugen for windows here: http://unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org/

And some tuts here.
http://www.mugenfury.com/tutorials/aides/help.htm
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:20   Link #8
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Wow. This is oldskool. Last thing I heard of it was that it that the project was closed. It was pretty fun. There are some pretty good char's out. Especially the Dark Ken and the Dark Ryu char. Where great I forgot who made them tho. ^^;;; The thing I liked most from this game was the 2v2 mode. Pretty cool if you have 4 joysticks, but the char's just arent adjusted for each other which makes it kinda gimp. I'd rather just play samurai shodown or go to my Tekken5/Soul Caliber 3.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:23   Link #9
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Lol though thing I love about this game are the matchups too. A bunch of variety if we're talking about characters.
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:38   Link #10
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs
Lol though thing I love about this game are the matchups too. A bunch of variety if we're talking about characters.
Yeah but my thingy was just millions of chars I skimmed of the net. I know its kinda my own fault when you get Vegeta and a gundam fighting with Dark Ken and Hanzo. That things get off balanced, but meh what can you do if your searching cool chars. (^^, )
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:59   Link #11
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
Yeah but my thingy was just millions of chars I skimmed of the net. I know its kinda my own fault when you get Vegeta and a gundam fighting with Dark Ken and Hanzo. That things get off balanced, but meh what can you do if your searching cool chars. (^^, )
XD Haha you can't help but....catch em all o.O
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 11:18   Link #12
Astrayred
-=ARX-7 Arbalest=-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Send a message via MSN to Astrayred
Tried playing MUGEN after sawing the Yuki Nagato character avaliable for download.However a lot of the moves are very difficult to capture and i bet some of them are impossible to use.I guess i am better off with FPS games...
__________________
Astrayred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 14:20   Link #13
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well actually Yuki Nagato is VERY difficult to use, compared to the ones I used in my vid :P
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 15:37   Link #14
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
The Windows version sucks. The DOS version is good. Of course, DOS on WinXP is not such a good idea.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 07:23   Link #15
Shini_GamI
YuI
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs
Well actually Yuki Nagato is VERY difficult to use, compared to the ones I used in my vid :P
hah, by changing some codes on Yuki's Strength, Health etc.... like the one i saw in a video in youtube, would make it invulnerable ^_^
__________________
Currently watching: Negima!, Kanon, Death Note, Ouran Host Club, Lovely idol, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
My favourite anime: Fate Stay/Night

"I was sued after pressing two buttons on my keyboard."
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 23:23   Link #16
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
But noone likes cheaters. =]
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 09:48   Link #17
Super Ska Master
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I wish there was a mac version.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 01:15   Link #18
CrYsYs
殺害
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Lol heres a new vid by me showcasing shiki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbacfRJmDc
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 05:05   Link #19
serialies
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
i didnt find a thread in the fate/stay area for this...but neway

i have a type-moon char pack for those who want it...has quite a few people, even emiya-archer...(if someone has saber please send to me ;_

http://rapidshare.com/files/62518831..._char_pack.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/62647497...ars_pack_2.rar

EDIT: this doesnt count as posting warez does it? o_O...these are fan rips so it should be ok right *gets anxious*

Last edited by serialies; 2007-10-15 at 05:42.
serialies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 13:00   Link #20
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I love M.U.G.E.N, mostly used it for DBZ and other anime. You know all the street fighter vs. games, Someone should make a street fighter VS. Disney with M.U.G.E.N. I can see it now, bambi Vs. Ryu lol
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=61131&dateline=120669  0977
gohanhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.