AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-09, 02:22   Link #3061
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Spoiler for 191:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:44   Link #3062
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
^Let's not forget some epic Edo Erza stances. I seriously hope this isn't the end of her after this arc.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 06:20   Link #3063
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^Let's not forget some epic Edo Erza stances. I seriously hope this isn't the end of her after this arc.
no way. Dragonslayers are the key to finding the dragons. I bet we'll see more Dragonslayers rather than have them disappear - for a long time yet.

I'm more interested in what Grey and Lucy would do though.
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 08:04   Link #3064
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
+1 respect point to Wendy from me. Her support magic is actually quite cool.

I wonder what Mistgun wants to do..
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:00   Link #3065
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
+1 respect point to Wendy from me. Her support magic is actually quite cool.

I wonder what Mistgun wants to do..
If I had to hazard a guess, rally the edo Fairy Tail members for war.....well I hope he does.
I don't want to see some sorta forbidden deus ex spell of some sort being used, that sorts all the problems out, that would be just too lame.

and yea points for Wendy here, I like how her magic works.

and hell yeah more Erza on Erza action!
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 14:59   Link #3066
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
somehow i doubt thats her sky dragon magic, mainly because shes using chants for her spells, where as it has seemed to be more natural(even though the atacks have names) for Gazille and Natsu.

That, and natsu has stated that dragonslayer magic is for combative purposes.


Nevertheless, pretty cool this chapter. You need someone like that in a battle.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 15:04   Link #3067
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
somehow i doubt thats her sky dragon magic, mainly because shes using chants for her spells, where as it has seemed to be more natural(even though the atacks have names) for Gazille and Natsu.

That, and natsu has stated that dragonslayer magic is for combative purposes.


Nevertheless, pretty cool this chapter. You need someone like that in a battle.
Actually when Wendy first revealed that she has sky dragon magic, she said her magic is for support and healing.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 18:47   Link #3068
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Could be a dragon slayer thing specific to the wind dragon. After all, there's that barrier debacle with Laxus to remember, age is a screwy thing for dragon slayers. Why else would her mirror version be an adult? Everyone else merely had different personalities.
Ya i'm really thinking that maybe the dragon slayers actually spend a very long time with their dragon companions, though while they are with them, they enjoy a very long last youth... or something like extremely slow aging

Wendy was like only 5 years old, when she was separated from the sky dragon... It seems really ridiculous that she could learn dragon slayer magic, she could babrely get to spend a few years with the Sky Dragon... hell i don't think most people even remember what was like at 4 years old or 5... Though it does feel like it would make more sense if she happened to spend like 100's with the sky dragon and just didn't age a day past 5... It could even be the case that because they were so young at the time, they didn't really ever realize how much time was going by... they just busy living life, having fun and never paying attention, or counting the days as they went by...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 12:53   Link #3069
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya i'm really thinking that maybe the dragon slayers actually spend a very long time with their dragon companions, though while they are with them, they enjoy a very long last youth... or something like extremely slow aging

Wendy was like only 5 years old, when she was separated from the sky dragon... It seems really ridiculous that she could learn dragon slayer magic, she could babrely get to spend a few years with the Sky Dragon... hell i don't think most people even remember what was like at 4 years old or 5... Though it does feel like it would make more sense if she happened to spend like 100's with the sky dragon and just didn't age a day past 5... It could even be the case that because they were so young at the time, they didn't really ever realize how much time was going by... they just busy living life, having fun and never paying attention, or counting the days as they went by...
Maybeh that's the reason she can't fight like the others can. She could have done alot of healing and supporting when she was young instead of learning to use it for combat purposes. Maybeh we'll find out when the Dragon arc starts if there is going to be one. But I wonder when we'll get to see more dragons, since we've only seen like...what....1 or 2?
__________________
"Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, and Today is a Gift, that's why they call it The Present"
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 23:23   Link #3070
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
But I wonder when we'll get to see more dragons, since we've only seen like...what....1 or 2?
I think the only dragon we actually saw was Natsu's but we "heard" two talking.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 02:24   Link #3071
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
I think the only dragon we actually saw was Natsu's but we "heard" two talking.
I thought that was a "human" or something that was talking to that dragon. And i thought we got a glimpse of it. That was the one that was in/on that mountain right?
__________________
"Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, and Today is a Gift, that's why they call it The Present"
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:21   Link #3072
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
The second one was Grandine, Wendy "teacher" and in this chapter (101) we also learn that the dragon will see each other at the festival of the Dragon King.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:27   Link #3073
gloh79
Sashimi Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Glad to see Wendy getting into the action. Now all fights shall start off like WoW.. "Buffs pls"
gloh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:01   Link #3074
sumowow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloh79 View Post
Glad to see Wendy getting into the action. Now all fights shall start off like WoW.. "Buffs pls"
As someone who's played WoW before i found that statement hilarious. Let's just hope it doesn't get into the state where everyones going "Heal plz"
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:35   Link #3075
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 25
Most MMO-holics can identify with that one, lol. "Buff plis", "gtfo n00b", "ress plz" and "munnies after i rezz pls" are phrases we're all too familiar with haha.
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 15:11   Link #3076
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY, USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
I love Fairy Tale ^_^ It was made by the same mangaka that made Rave, Mashima Hiro. Actually in a way it has almost the same flow as Rave did but the creativity this guy has in creating the different kinds of magic and what not is amazing to say the least.
__________________
Sin of Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 18:45   Link #3077
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Speaking of dragons, since earthland has them shouldn't Edo have dragons as well?
________
CREAMPIE GLORYHOLE

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 06:15.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 19:56   Link #3078
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Speaking of dragons, since earthland has them shouldn't Edo have dragons as well?
There aren't any Dragon Slayers so there's a high chance there are no Dragons, otherwise Edo wouldn't need the Earthland Dragonslayers.
__________________
"Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, and Today is a Gift, that's why they call it The Present"
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:44   Link #3079
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
No dragon slayers doesn't neccesarily mean no dragons. Remember, the dragon slayers were trained in order to fight Zeref, or that is my hypothesis anyways. Since zeref doesn't exist or is completely different in edo then there would be no reason for dragons to train dragon slayers and since dragons like to be hidden and isolated the king would never know about them.
________
No2 vaporizer review

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 06:15.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 22:01   Link #3080
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
No dragon slayers doesn't neccesarily mean no dragons. Remember, the dragon slayers were trained in order to fight Zeref, or that is my hypothesis anyways. Since zeref doesn't exist or is completely different in edo then there would be no reason for dragons to train dragon slayers and since dragons like to be hidden and isolated the king would never know about them.
Thats true but he said theres a high chance there wouldn't be any dragons in Edoras which I think the same.
Tough call really, could say we may never actually find out a answer to that but then for all we know it could very well be answered in the next chapter.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.