AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-03-04, 16:33   Link #4801
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe she inherited them the way Lucy did. But yeah, she's way too young.
Not really. Remember, Natsu, Erza, Gray, etc, all started working as wizards when they joined the guild. Even though they joined at roughly ages 10-12. Erza and Mirajane were hitting S-class at probably ages 15-16, if not sooner, and Cana's been up for S-class since she was 13 or so. Plus the mention on Cana's guild card that the drinking age is 15.

The bottom line is that Fairy Tail's taken the shounen standard of "it's normal to have pre-teens/kids barely into puberty running around beating the crap out of stuff" to it's logical conclusion and set the age of adulthood at 15. So it wouldn't be all that surprising for Lucy's mother to have worked as a mage for a few years, then retired to do something else. Heck, Mirajane worked as mage from ages 13-17, making S-class in the process, then retired after the incident with Lisanna, and took up barkeeping at the guild instead.

The only odd thing in this is the fancy clothing Lalya was wearing and setting the parting with Caprico took place in. By the description that occurred when she was 16, which doesn't really match with the modest look of the merchants guild she joined afterwards.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 17:03   Link #4802
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Not really. Remember, Natsu, Erza, Gray, etc, all started working as wizards when they joined the guild. Even though they joined at roughly ages 10-12. Erza and Mirajane were hitting S-class at probably ages 15-16, if not sooner, and Cana's been up for S-class since she was 13 or so. Plus the mention on Cana's guild card that the drinking age is 15.

The bottom line is that Fairy Tail's taken the shounen standard of "it's normal to have pre-teens/kids barely into puberty running around beating the crap out of stuff" to it's logical conclusion and set the age of adulthood at 15. So it wouldn't be all that surprising for Lucy's mother to have worked as a mage for a few years, then retired to do something else. Heck, Mirajane worked as mage from ages 13-17, making S-class in the process, then retired after the incident with Lisanna, and took up barkeeping at the guild instead.

The only odd thing in this is the fancy clothing Lalya was wearing and setting the parting with Caprico took place in. By the description that occurred when she was 16, which doesn't really match with the modest look of the merchants guild she joined afterwards.
I didn't mean too young to be a mage. I meant too young to retire (unless she also had an accident) and, mostly, too young for her husband to have gone from poor to filthy rich.

Though if she was from a wealthy family, and married (out of money, instead of into) only after quitting the mage business, it would indeed make some sort of sense.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 22:52   Link #4803
Slayerx

The young age of the characters always did have a way of bothering me; mainly because the utter lack of older members in the guild... i mean considering the guild has been around long enough to have had 3 masters there should be plenty of mages who are in 30's, 40's and possibly 50's... and yet out of all the mages we've met in fairy tail only 4 mages are over the age of 30 and the vast majority are below the age of 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
actually i think she was 19... she retired at 16, and gave away her keys at 19
Old 2011-03-04, 23:00   Link #4804
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Maybe the older members retired.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 23:22   Link #4805
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^ Maybe the older members retired.
Layla had the excuse of having some kind of poor health that forced her to retire...
But we are talking about people who are only in their 30's and 40's...
Old 2011-03-05, 12:45   Link #4806
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Got 3 spoiler pics & summery with unknown accuracy for ch 225 posted

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2011-03-05, 12:46   Link #4807
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-05, 14:35   Link #4808
Ryus
The One Eyed King

HOLY SHIT GUYS!!! Just realized something about the spoiler pics... bad news... maybe...

Spoiler for ch 225 spoiler pic:
Old 2011-03-05, 15:19   Link #4809
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Well it seems the chapter is already out and that spoiler summary is dead wrong.
Kana is apparently being something of a bitch when it comes to wanting to become S-class... hell even she finds the grave first she won't become S-class as its obvious that Makarov would disqualify her for abandoning her friends; a serious lack of priorities... She's gonna need an unbelievably good reason to become S class to save her

Also that has to be one of the most convoluted riddles ever...
Old 2011-03-05, 15:31   Link #4810
Ryus
The One Eyed King

It's not like Master is waiting for Kana at the end of E... So why the hell did she do that? After all if no one witnesses her "win" then how can she become an S-class.

Something's not adding up with Kana's actions and her desire to win IMHO. She's either gone crazy or she has an agenda beyond what we know, after all defeating your teammate isn't part of the contest, so why do that here and now (defeating the other teams maybe... but not your teammate)? Logic dictates that she needed Lucy to witness her victory to become the S-class mage.

Plus we can now call Lucy's hand being the hand seen in Charlie's vision.
Old 2011-03-05, 15:41   Link #4811
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. The Master's officially suspended the exam. So what does she want? Is Zeref "the one she wants to meet"?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 15:41   Link #4812
KrimzonStriker

Most likely answer would probably be Lucy's own objections to prioritizing finding the grave in the middle of an exam, hence why Kana took her down. But yeah, I seriously don't understand anything Kana's doing, hopefully we'll get an exposition but things aren't looking good for Lucy right now
Old 2011-03-05, 16:09   Link #4813
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for end of chapter 225:
Old 2011-03-05, 16:24   Link #4814
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

So Mira won't be the dead one. That hand of Lucy's is the same one from Charles vision right? I might be disappointed if no one in FT dies when this arc is over.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:29   Link #4815
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Kana…you bitch!
Old 2011-03-05, 16:30   Link #4816
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Spoiler for end of chapter 225:
Spoiler for fat guy wearing a BDSM suit:

The resemblace is uncanny
Old 2011-03-05, 16:43   Link #4817
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm,ok...did anyone get Ultear's power explanation, because I totally missed it. Also I kinda thought her magic doesn't work on humans?
Anyways, Kana sure got some handy magic there Too bad she just left Lucy in a ditch for phatboy to play with At least Charlie's vision came true without anyone dying...as for her motives, I think she knows about the part that follows and just wanted to keep Lucy out of it.
Old 2011-03-05, 16:51   Link #4818
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm,ok...did anyone get Ultear's power explanation, because I totally missed it. Also I kinda thought her magic doesn't work on humans?
She makes balls and hits you with them.

Seriously tough, she made the alternate futures of her ball come into being and then made them all share the same future. The one where they hit Natsu.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:23   Link #4819
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

btw correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first time Natsu is fighting a girl? Erza doesn't count.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 17:34   Link #4820
haegar
mangaviking

his nose has a clear recollection of beating the shit out of this girl once before ...

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen