AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 11:26   Link #5121
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for latest chap:
I don't think Makarov knew that anyone could acquire Fairy Glitter like so or if it was possible at all.
I'm guessing that part of Mavis's soul resides within the grave where the magic is sealed and sensed someone capable/worthy of actually using it.
When Makarov was sat there nothing was shining, only when Cana approached did it start.
I'm also thinking theres a certain degree of fate involved in all this, always nice to a touch of fate thrown in

And yes Cana may have been pretty bitchy up to this point but she turned that around and she proclaimed in front of FT first master's grave what she really wanted and the old ghost accepted that. I figure if he's fine with it then so am I

@n0m@n: I think Cana not having the courage to speak up quite acceptable, she is just a kid and meeting her father for the first time I could only guess is something rather daunting plus with the surprise of him not recognizing her I think it all piles up.
And anyone would know that if you don't speak up at first it def does get harder as time goes on.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:01   Link #5122
Sinta

So that was unexpected...did anyone see that coming because I sure didn't.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:25   Link #5123
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
... I was not expecting that!

An another note, I can't wait to see what this "Fairy Glitter" can do.
Old 2011-04-26, 13:32   Link #5124
Ermes Marana

I really disliked this chapter.

It makes no sense why Cana KO'd Lucy in the middle of a war zone, and left her at the mercy of an opponent who planned to kill her.

Yeah, she deserves to be kicked out of the guild. But that isn't my point; my point is, why did she do it? I expected an explanation, but there is none. Lucy was her partner, not a rival.

And it also doesn't feel right to me that she is given a super-magic effortlessly like it was a toy. Although, we don't know how well she can use it yet. Hopefully she can't use it right and can't do anything against BN.

The father thing just feels random... my response was just "oh, ok."
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 13:39   Link #5125
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I figured it was something family related, though who her father was is quite the surprise.
That said, I can swallow that her associating becoming an S class mage with being able to confess to her father, but as noted above, it really doesn't excuse Kana's decision to knock Lucy out in a dangerous area.

Also, looks like Marvis' Soul still resides in his grave, so even if Blue Note got there, he wouldn't have gotten Fairy Glitter. Hopefully Fairy Glitter is something radically different from Fairy Law, maybe some super healing type magic?
Old 2011-04-26, 14:02   Link #5126
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Blue note says it's a merciless light that rejects the presence of the enemy, when talking to Natsu...sounds exactly the same as Fairy Law imo.
Old 2011-04-26, 15:13   Link #5127
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for latest chap:
Old 2011-04-26, 15:13   Link #5128
Slayerx

Ya, i disliked this chapter greatly... The back story itself CAN work in and of itself; like that idea that one does not feel worthy and being the child of a great person. Thing is, it really, really, really does NOT make up for Cana's level of idiocy. I don't think i need to elaborate on how stupid she was to pursue her S-class rank in this situation... as I'm sure i said before, the only thing that would make up for that level of idiocy is one HELL of a sob story, and this quite simply did not live up to it. Not to mention there is the idea that Lucy went along with this from the beginning; it just bugs me since you'd think someone would share the bit of sense that if your father really does care about you then it won't matter who you are; her father will love her no matter what rank she is... Really, the problem is that she NEVER NEEDED to be an S-rank mage, she just THOUGHT she did; and that in turn really kills our ability to sympathize and understand her actions

And then there's her obtaining fairy glitter; Really with her poor lack of build up it just feels so wrong that she of all people would be granted such a power... compare with say Lucy when she was temporarily given that spell she used to take out Angel; that worked well because we knew Lucy well and had been following her all this time... Really it would have worked better if Kana could have had more screentime and actually been able to do something significant throughout this series. Really, the level of kana's idiocy in these past chapters was so high that i have little-no tolerance left for her character... maybe if she had better role earlier in the series I'd be more forgiving but she didn't
Old 2011-04-26, 15:23   Link #5129
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I’m trying to think of something good that has come of this, but nothing comes to mind. Chapter was mostly garbage and the Kana plotline as well. The only semi-interesting thing was that she’s Gildartz daughter, but I look at it as more a point for Gildartz then her.
Old 2011-04-26, 15:48   Link #5130
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Im trying to think of something good that has come of this, but nothing comes to mind. Chapter was mostly garbage and the Kana plotline as well. The only semi-interesting thing was that shes Gildartz daughter, but I look at it as more a point for Gildartz then her.
I have to agree with that - the revelation was the best thing in this chapter.

I also agree with everyone who said that it's unfair for Kana to get a super-powerful magic spell so easily. Instead of being punished for endangering Lucy and betraying the guild to compensate for her own indecisiveness, she is being rewarded just because she realized what she had done at the last moment?!?

They could have at least made her fight with her own strength, get crushed and suffer a little bit before the old master bestowed that spell on her. That could have made her a little more sympathetic in my eyes.
Old 2011-04-26, 16:18   Link #5131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's pretty funny how much this weeks chapter matches up with this weeks episode.

But yeah, that was pretty NO WAY from me. Cana sure has a death flag now, though there's no way she'll die with telling Gildarts the truth. I am dying to see that scene now, because it'll be beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
I also agree with everyone who said that it's unfair for Kana to get a super-powerful magic spell so easily. Instead of being punished for endangering Lucy and betraying the guild to compensate for her own indecisiveness, she is being rewarded just because she realized what she had done at the last moment?!?

They could have at least made her fight with her own strength, get crushed and suffer a little bit before the old master bestowed that spell on her. That could have made her a little more sympathetic in my eyes.
I might be the only one here, though i've got nothing against Kana receiving a power-up in such a way. She came to terms regarding what she was doing was wrong in a sense, and wanted the power to make up for her mistakes. That typical shonen, and works yet again.
Old 2011-04-26, 16:20   Link #5132
Xellos-_^
Married

i am still trying figure how she can think the test is still under way when the island and her guild is under attack by Grimore Dark. Does she think that is part of the test or something?
Old 2011-04-26, 17:52   Link #5133
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
She came to terms regarding what she was doing was wrong in a sense, and wanted the power to make up for her mistakes. That typical shonen, and works yet again.
If you ask me, she lost her heart to darkness once she turned on Lucy and decided to go for the test despite the fact that the rest of the guild, as well as Gildartz for all she knows, could be dying any minute now. Really, what would Kana do if Gildartz died before she gets to talk to him again?
Old 2011-04-26, 18:35   Link #5134
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She made a bad choice (or several bad choices in rapid succession). It doesn't make her irredeemable. I mean, Laxus isn't. Why should she be?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 19:00   Link #5135
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

The thing I don't get was what she did to Lucy, I would have been fine with her still wanting to chase after the exam, that part is understandable altho like it's said before I do wonder why she would think it would still be on going.
Could have been done as Cana just running away or even taken Lucy with her.
I think Mashima just did the knocking out as a way of getting the 2 separated for the sake of plot, just in order to set up the fight with Kain.
The knocking out was dumb cause even lets say Makarov was still there waiting, Cana would have probably been disqualified for not having her partner with her.
Cana may be abit of edge but I don't see her making such a mistake if that were the case.

Quote:
Really, the problem is that she NEVER NEEDED to be an S-rank mage, she just THOUGHT she did; and that in turn really kills our ability to sympathize and understand her actions
I put that down to her just having her inner demons of sorts, which I've got no problem with cause it makes her have some character. Not every person should be so clean cut.
Old 2011-04-26, 20:19   Link #5136
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I put that down to her just having her inner demons of sorts, which I've got no problem with cause it makes her have some character. Not every person should be so clean cut.
Well like i said before, her backstory and inner demons in-and-of-themselves are fine; the problem is combining it with the blindly high level of stupidity she's been doing lately. Kana credibility has been sinking really far with her actions and the source of this was her reasons for wanting to become an s-class mage. For kana to get back that cred, her reasons needed to be great enough to help bring some reason to her actions; give her the kind of desperation that would lead to IGNORE a war, leave her friend SLEEPING when their are enemies about, and stupidly pursue a contest that person with half-brain would know would be postponed during an enemy attack. really if your doing all that then you better have one hell of an excuse... Something like a true and desperate NEED, not something like her own pride or person demons... Frankly i would not have a problem with her being driven by such personal demons if they did not drive her to such great lengths as they did. It works as a drive to become S-class, but no so much to risk the lives of her friends the way she did
Old 2011-04-26, 22:59   Link #5137
blewin

people can be pretty blinded when it comes to their personal reasons.. and so I buy Kana's actions, not that they are excusable though. Glad to see her redeeming herself and regrettng her actions.

didn't expect her to turn into the heroine of this arc though. I wonder whether Fairy Glitter would stay with her or it's just a one shot magic.

interesting that there are three great magic in Fairy Tail (magic that is transferrable!). What and where are the remaining 2 magic??

I think when Kana finally gets to tell Gildartz the truth, Gildartz would probably say something like 'you don't need bars in love', or he might go 'huh? when did I get myself a daughter?' It might turn out to just be one huge mistake after all. lol.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 23:58   Link #5138
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Gildartz and Kana should have just gone on Maury and got a DNA test. Would have been less stressful for everyone. XD

"Gildartz, in the case of Kana, you are NOT the father!"

"Really?!"

"That can't be right!!!"

~*~

But really, if we think about it, her daddy is THE Gildartz Clive (official Chuck Norris rep to Magnolia) and the badass S-class of Fairy Tail. Even if it doesn't make sense, kids want to feel that they can 'wear' their parents' shoes, or at least, feel worthy of them. Kana feels that the only way to be acknowledged as a true daughter of Gildartz is to be an S-class herself - (Like Father, Like Daughter). It would give them a bond on another level - something in common. She wants to be loved and accepted by her father by being an outstanding mage, as he is.

Everyone's got that 'one person' for whom they'll do anything for, even something stupid - its just the way it is.
Old 2011-04-27, 01:26   Link #5139
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She made a bad choice (or several bad choices in rapid succession). It doesn't make her irredeemable. I mean, Laxus isn't. Why should she be?
Laxus still hasn't been redeemed - there are only hints for a possible future redemption thrown around and he did get to suffer the consequences of his actions, although what he did was much worse than Kana, so I guess the comparison between the two is not very good.
Old 2011-04-27, 02:19   Link #5140
ShiroiRyu

And when you know Gildartz is so dumb he don't remember his guild or Mirajane in two years ... XD
And Cana, i have a good explanation : she love alcohol. **
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen