AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-03, 06:30   Link #6981
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
LMAO, great chapter.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 07:35   Link #6982
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
To be honest, I think the FT members are still plenty strong. Just that they are no longer the strongest newbies, but merely one of the mature strong ones.

As in before, they were strong for their age/generation. But now, they are only average or maybe weak among their generation. but their overall power level vis a vi the whole world is probably still pretty much the same. At most, they may need to learn the new methods of using magic powers but the level of magic power individuals have should remain largely the same.

Unless the whole world had advanced in magic power within the 7 years. Which I feel is unlikely as this is magic and not science/technology.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 07:37   Link #6983
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
so if a day in the Spirit world = 3 months in the human world

the celestial spirits only had 28 days of training(if they are training while they are there anyway)
which doesn't do much

the only chance of them winning will be if Natsu pulls off another deus ex machina
well, Laxus' group, Kana's group and Gajeel+Pantherlily had 3 months of training time
so, I guess they had more training than Natsu's group anyway

the Spirit world in-danger would've been an awesome plot though, if Mashima pushed through with that
and the time regarding the Human world and the Spirit world was reversed
it would be the perfect training for them before going to the Magic games

oh well
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 09:21   Link #6984
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
What... the... hell?

Here I was all set for a training arc, and then a spirit world arc, only to find out I was trolled on both. Mashima, you are a crazy, insane man. And I can't figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I do kinda hate chapters where nothing much happens, and this was one of them. Fairly boring, although the ending was amusing.

My only concern is that people like Gajeel and Laxus should have gotten much stronger in the meantime, then, way stronger than Natsu's gang. Unless something happened to hold them back as well, then the power level parity has dramatically shifted. It does give Natsu's group a LOT of leeway to struggle, but it feels like it's almost too much.

I would wonder if they'd get a kind of power-up in the five days since the tournament, but given the track record, I'm gonna say it's not likely. I have a feeling in the next chapter they will all be "we couldn't accomplish much in 5 days after all..."

Which means odds are Natsu will get some kind of instant power-up to win stuff in the magic games. And there goes my hopes about Lucy increasing her magic and being able to summon more than 3 spirits in a row (or summon two at once).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 09:37   Link #6985
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
so if a day in the Spirit world = 3 months in the human world
7 years = 84 months = 28 spirit-days

So they threw a party for them just because they were gone a month? LOL
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:52   Link #6986
Ermes Marana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I approve of this chapter.

I have no problem with authors trolling as long as they aren't stupid about it. We have no real evidence FT ever fell behind... and in fact it would make WAY more sense for them to still be at the top. They don't need to train! So this was good trolling.

If it does turn out they needed to train, then that would be bad trolling though instead of good trolling.

The only thing that did disappoint me about the chapter was once again emphasizing how Lucy's spirits can act on their own, and making it seem like she is somewhat useless. If they can come and go on their own, even taking part in the Trial on their own... what is she good for? Instead talking about how much they like her and are willing to help her, it needs to talk about how her power would increase the power of the spirits she summons.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:56   Link #6987
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
This isn't really trolling to be honest. As far as FT goes this is standard plot.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 13:02   Link #6988
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
LOL
I'n actually happy with this outcome, they said that their magic was increasing a lot in just few days and if they were to continue, they would tottaly win with ease. Like that there will be some challenge. I REALLY hope that Gajeel and Laxus gang will be stronger and not on the same level where Erza and Natsu will be heroes again.

I wonder what Juvia and Aquarius were talking about, it is the first time I see Aquarius so friendly with a female. Lucy has two crazy/strong chick on her back now.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 13:18   Link #6989
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I don't know how the spirits are able to get enough rest. Imagine your master summons you every week which seems to be a low estimate given how often they fight. That would mean being called every 2 hours or less (7/90 days), 24/7 365 days a year.

Imagine fighting every 112 minutes. They should be in a constant state of exhaustion.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 13:18   Link #6990
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I'm kinda hoping for Lucy to pull a Jean Grey in the tournament and go all Dark Phoenix on everyone. Just don't kill her =D
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 13:53   Link #6991
AvalonCode
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Online
ROFL. Epic Troll
__________________

What did U say?! I didn't think so
AvalonCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:50   Link #6992
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I don't know how the spirits are able to get enough rest. Imagine your master summons you every week which seems to be a low estimate given how often they fight. That would mean being called every 2 hours or less (7/90 days), 24/7 365 days a year.

Imagine fighting every 112 minutes. They should be in a constant state of exhaustion.
That's probably why the contracts that limit when they can be summoned are in place.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:00   Link #6993
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Except even so, some spirits get summoned several times a week.

It might explain why Aquarius's so cranky, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:18   Link #6994
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Aquarius is cranky because Lucy doesn't have a boyfriend, or at least a lover. She's most likely inspired from the Zeus mythological love story. She has no problem with Juvi for example, because Juvi has a lover.

Her "flooding" everything is also directly taken from greek mythology.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:30   Link #6995
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except even so, some spirits get summoned several times a week.
The Celestial Spirits, especially the Zodiac Spirits, aren't even human in the first place. There's only one of each Zodiac Key, and from my understanding of the Silver Keys, each copy of the key means a copy of the spirit. Merely being in the spirit world recharges them; it's staying in the human world for more than a few hours at a time that starts kicking their asses.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:31   Link #6996
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Well, the spirit world is, quite literally, a world of magic. It would make sense for their power to replenish much faster than that of mages, even more so if time flows faster too.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 18:54   Link #6997
christinemarie
Best Imouto
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pink World
Age: 30
I believe Natsu and company are actually powered up in the process without them realizing it by staying in the Celestial World for a day. I wonder when is the time Lucy can use a high level Celestial magic that she unconsciously used due to the downloader guy during her battle with the other Celestial Wizard. I assume Lucy can summon Homaru Celestial King later on, probably needs to summon all twelve Zodiacs simultaneously (Libra and Pisces celestial gate key are not yet available they didn't even show up to welcome Lucy in Celestial World) before she can do it. So Plue is a common Celestial spirit in Celestial World.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 22:44   Link #6998
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Well, it's obvious they're nowhere near as strong as they feel they should be, but they did note that they've gotten quite a bit stronger in just under two days...
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 22:48   Link #6999
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
The only time issue would be considering that to fix an entire dimension, it could take weeks. That would be years back in Fiore, so everyone else would age a ton.
That could be avoided by Mashima simply making the time-difference whatever he wanted. Like if saving the Stellar world took a week, he could've just said 1 week = 3 months, instead of 1 day = 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix
7 years = 84 months = 28 spirit-days

So they threw a party for them just because they were gone a month? LOL
Or they might've thought Lucy was dead for real.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 22:49   Link #7000
Etheral
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Does anyone else think the spirit food and special book will lead to massive power-ups?

I think it should. I'm pretty sure no one else get's to go to the spirit world so I wouldn't mind if Mashima decided to use it as a reason for the wins. I in fact want him to, because it will sound more plausible when they win. If they lose, that would be an unexpected pleasant surprise.

I think MechR is right, they probably thought she might be dead or at least unreachable from their abilities.
__________________
Etheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.