AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 16:56   Link #7081
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
One year's no cakewalk either, especially if you think about how much the wardens loved him^^
Urtear and Mererdy more then made up for that
Old 2011-12-09, 17:06   Link #7082
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Especially with Meredy's power...
Old 2011-12-09, 17:07   Link #7083
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well, now I'm jealous of the lucky bastard...one year in prison and then freedom+ teh girlz!
Old 2011-12-09, 17:21   Link #7084
akire_and_atem

No matter how many people hate him I will ALWAYS love Jellal <3

I really like this chapter, especially
Spoiler for spoiler:

Was it my imagination or did Mashima forogot Levy-chan on the cover??? :/?
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 17:43   Link #7085
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I think we've had this discussion before, and it ended in "yes a lot of people die (just not anyone too important)" ;P Just to give an example for this case, didn't some of Erza's other friends die?
Just one. Two if we count flashbacks. But Fairy Tail deaths seems to just not be gory enough to stick in peoples minds. Case in point, this past arc ended with Zeref murdering Zancrow and Hades, and Azuma and Zoldeo being consumed by their power, Azuma turning into a tree, and Zoldeo melting/dissolving into nothingness. Yet we still get people saying "Nobody dies in Fairy Tail."
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:35   Link #7086
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
-The idea of an independent guild is great. I thought something like that existed, just didn't know the name. Still hoping for Lucy to leave with some members and form an independent guild. haha so cool.
The council most likely considers them to be a dark guild, even if they aren't taking the sort of criminal jobs that dark guilds normally do.
Old 2011-12-09, 19:47   Link #7087
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The council most likely considers them to be a dark guild, even if they aren't taking the sort of criminal jobs that dark guilds normally do.
That would be my guess they would be officialy declared a dark guild by council and be squeezed out of existance since probably both normal and dark guilds would view them as an enemy. Work would be very hard to find since they don't want to do normal dark guild work and people with legit jobs would just go to a regular guild.

Also I was wonder what sort of dragom slayer Rogue Cheney and Sting Eucliffe Old Style Dragon Slayer, New Style Dragon Slayer, Old Style Dragon Slayer that also has Dragon Lacrima of another element to enhance there abilities, or a New Style Dragon Slayer with multipe Dragon Lacrima allowing them to do more then one kind of dragon slayer magic.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:19   Link #7088
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
That would be my guess they would be officialy declared a dark guild by council and be squeezed out of existance since probably both normal and dark guilds would view them as an enemy. Work would be very hard to find since they don't want to do normal dark guild work and people with legit jobs would just go to a regular guild.
I think they are listed more as Gray then Dark.

These Ind Guilds are usually make up of only a few people. So as a whole they are not a threat to the Council. Also being on the outside, if the council needs something done but can't do it themselves they can hire these Ind Mages for the job.
Old 2011-12-09, 20:30   Link #7089
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Ultear looks a bit old for me now. Still hot, but way into adulthood....likely Gray considers her an older sister now.

Sexy Meredy, give me a piece of that!!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:33   Link #7090
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Still hot, but way into adulthood....likely Gray considers her an older sister now.
maybe not.
Old 2011-12-09, 21:17   Link #7091
GundamFan

Quote:
I think they are listed more as Gray then Dark.

These Ind Guilds are usually make up of only a few people. So as a whole they are not a threat to the Council. Also being on the outside, if the council needs something done but can't do it themselves they can hire these Ind Mages for the job.
You got a point there a group like the Council is going want some people they can go to that are outside official legitmate magic community in some situations since that way if things go south they can keep there hands nice and clean.

I have a question what does nakama mean I can tell from the context that it's used it's either friend or family but I'm not sure which.
Old 2011-12-09, 21:20   Link #7092
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Also I was wonder what sort of dragom slayer Rogue Cheney and Sting Eucliffe Old Style Dragon Slayer, New Style Dragon Slayer, Old Style Dragon Slayer that also has Dragon Lacrima of another element to enhance there abilities, or a New Style Dragon Slayer with multipe Dragon Lacrima allowing them to do more then one kind of dragon slayer magic.
Hard to say, though when you consider that 7 years they would have been about Wendy's age, them being a Old Style DS is in the realm of possibility.
Old 2011-12-09, 21:36   Link #7093
immblueversion

Quote:
Hard to say, though when you consider that 7 years they would have been about Wendy's age, them being a Old Style DS is in the realm of possibility.
Well, they have Exceed partners like Old Style DS Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel do. They never really explained the true significance of that. Well, the did explain it, but that turned out to be a fake explanation (what with the phony "hunt the Dragon Slayers" mission and all). So if Sting and Rogue turn out to be bona fide dragon-raised Dragon Slayers, perhaps they can take the time to explain the true relationship between Dragon Slayers and Exceeds, if there even really is any. Then again, they (or at least one of them) were supposedly taught by Gajeel, so that may end up being an entirely different story. Then again, how were they raised by Gajeel, anyway? Were they members of Phantom Lord, or maybe they met around the same time or after Gajeel split up from Metalicana? Because if the latter is the case, then I'd love to see some mini-Gajeel action.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 22:21   Link #7094
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, they have Exceed partners like Old Style DS Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel do. They never really explained the true significance of that. Well, the did explain it, but that turned out to be a fake explanation (what with the phony "hunt the Dragon Slayers" mission and all). So if Sting and Rogue turn out to be bona fide dragon-raised Dragon Slayers, perhaps they can take the time to explain the true relationship between Dragon Slayers and Exceeds, if there even really is any. Then again, they (or at least one of them) were supposedly taught by Gajeel, so that may end up being an entirely different story. Then again, how were they raised by Gajeel, anyway? Were they members of Phantom Lord, or maybe they met around the same time or after Gajeel split up from Metalicana? Because if the latter is the case, then I'd love to see some mini-Gajeel action.
The "Gajeel's apprentice" thing was a translation mistake as the word apprentice was never used. What they actually used was a word for "clique; faction; school" slapped onto the end of Gajeel's name, and Sting said Rogue was part of that. This should give you and idea of the sort of things that word being used as a suffix works out to. Though based on the context of Sting talking about being a fan of Natsu when he was a kid, what he was probably saying to Rogue was "Weren't you a fan of Gajeel back then?"

So odds are they have Exceed partners because Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel had Exceed partners therefore Sting and Rogue sought ones out for themselves in imitation.
Old 2011-12-09, 22:26   Link #7095
Xellos-_^
Married

was MS' translation always this bad or was i just not paying attention?
Old 2011-12-09, 22:39   Link #7096
GundamFan

Quote:
Thanks for the information.

Quote:
The "Gajeel's apprentice" thing was a translation mistake as the word apprentice was never used. What they actually used was a word for "clique; faction; school" slapped onto the end of Gajeel's name, and Sting said Rogue was part of that. This should give you and idea of the sort of things that word being used as a suffix works out to. Though based on the context of Sting talking about being a fan of Natsu when he was a kid, what he was probably saying to Rogue was "Weren't you a fan of Gajeel back then?"

So odds are they have Exceed partners because Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel had Exceed partners therefore Sting and Rogue sought ones out for themselves in imitation.
That makes alot of sense about Gajeel the guy only somewhat toleerate other members of his own guild before he joined Fairy Tail so I didn't see how he could have had an apprentice or why he would just left him rather bring him with him.

As far as the Exceeds go I agree it's most likely they got them because Natsu and company had them remember Gajeel didn't even start looking for one untill after he was around Wendy and Natsu with there's. Also with the entire Exceed population living on earth land now it wouldn't be that diffcult thing for someone to get.
Old 2011-12-09, 22:57   Link #7097
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
It just hit me that Ultear probably used her Time Arc on herself, Jellal, and Meredy to power their magics up like she's about to do to Natsu & Co.
Old 2011-12-09, 23:01   Link #7098
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It just hit me that Ultear probably used her Time Arc on herself, Jellal, and Meredy to power their magics up like she's about to do to Natsu & Co.
I guess she'd have to in order to know just how gratuitously painful the process is...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 23:57   Link #7099
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Hey I only just noticed this as I seem to have missed or simply can't remember it(going with the latter) but where and when did Natsu get that scar on his neck?
Old 2011-12-10, 00:05   Link #7100
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He had that scar from before the story started - he usually keeps his scarf around it though.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen