AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-28, 03:52   Link #7221
akire_and_atem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mexico
Age: 25
my feelings exactly TT^TT

you IDIOT!
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 03:55   Link #7222
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
nearly as funny as Jellal's "fiance"
I have no idea why, but for some reason when I heard Jellal say "fiance" I immediately thought of Ultear.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 04:01   Link #7223
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I have no idea why, but for some reason when I heard Jellal say "fiance" I immediately thought of Ultear.

Because it would totally make sense
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 12:30   Link #7224
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I dont think it makes any sense at all. Though, to be frank, I dont think it makes any sense that he even forgave Ultear. She drove him insane with mind magic and pushed him to enslave his best friends so he could wipe out almost the entire planet to bring Zeref "back." He even killed Simon because of her, which is something he still cant forgive himself for even though it was her fault. But Im not surprised, if everyone could forgive that psychopath Laxus then its set in stone that ANYTHING in FT can be forgiven.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 13:06   Link #7225
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I dont think it makes any sense at all. Though, to be frank, I dont think it makes any sense that he even forgave Ultear. She drove him insane with mind magic and pushed him to enslave his best friends so he could wipe out almost the entire planet to bring Zeref "back." He even killed Simon because of her, which is something he still cant forgive himself for even though it was her fault. But Im not surprised, if everyone could forgive that psychopath Laxus then its set in stone that ANYTHING in FT can be forgiven.
Makarov never forgave Gajeel for the stuff he did when he was in Phantom Lord. He just wanted them both to move on. I don't think Jellal forgave Ultear either; he never said he forgave her, he said he put it behind him. I think that was a result of his encounter with Erza after he had amnesia. If not for her speeches to keep living and struggle, never expecting to be forgiven for their crimes, he probably would have kept despising Ultear and Crime Sorciere would never have been formed.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 13:12   Link #7226
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Makarov never forgave Gajeel for the stuff he did when he was in Phantom Lord. He just wanted them both to move on. I don't think Jellal forgave Ultear either; he never said he forgave her, he said he put it behind him. I think that was a result of his encounter with Erza after he had amnesia. If not for her speeches to keep living and struggle, never expecting to be forgiven for their crimes, he probably would have kept despising Ultear and Crime Sorciere would never have been formed.
Makarov let Gajeel into the guild then trust him enough to be a double agent. I think Makarov forgave Gajeel just fine.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 13:36   Link #7227
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I guess when it comes to forgiving gramps might be a bit special though

then again, what it boils down to is Mashima not giving a **** if the psychology adds up. not in the least. hence no point even tlaking about it imho. read those parts for the occasional laugh, then forget them. quickly.
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 15:19   Link #7228
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Makarov let Gajeel into the guild then trust him enough to be a double agent. I think Makarov forgave Gajeel just fine.
No, Makarov pretty specifically said he would not forgive Gajeel for harming the guild members while he was in Phantom Lord. He's just giving Gajeel a chance to improve himself, learn from his mistakes, and become a better person, rather than stand by and do nothing as Gajeel becomes a worse person due to lack of chances/decent influences.

Basically love the sinner, hate the sin.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 16:33   Link #7229
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
No, Makarov pretty specifically said he would not forgive Gajeel for harming the guild members while he was in Phantom Lord. He's just giving Gajeel a chance to improve himself, learn from his mistakes, and become a better person, rather than stand by and do nothing as Gajeel becomes a worse person due to lack of chances/decent influences.

Basically love the sinner, hate the sin.
So, while not forgiving him, he will give him a place to be, trust, and guidance (such as it is). What would he have thrown in if he had forgiven him?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 17:46   Link #7230
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
^ A chance at S-class?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:49   Link #7231
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
I don't know if this is the best time to mention it, but you know how the next chapter's title is called "Crocus"? Well, looking at one of the fictional maps in the series, Crocus is the capital of Fiore. I'm guessing we're finally going to get to delve into what these games are.

By the way, are we getting a chapter this week? I've been kind of thrown off since the release of the latest chapter.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:53   Link #7232
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I dont think it makes any sense at all. Though, to be frank, I dont think it makes any sense that he even forgave Ultear. She drove him insane with mind magic and pushed him to enslave his best friends so he could wipe out almost the entire planet to bring Zeref "back." He even killed Simon because of her, which is something he still cant forgive himself for even though it was her fault. But Im not surprised, if everyone could forgive that psychopath Laxus then its set in stone that ANYTHING in FT can be forgiven.
Hmmm, it's been awhile since I've said this...

Two words-

Angry Sex.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:58   Link #7233
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, it's been awhile since I've said this...

Two words-

Angry Sex.
...is what Makarov needed to forgive Laxus? I dunno mate ....
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 23:22   Link #7234
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
...is what Makarov needed to forgive Laxus? I dunno mate ....
Trust me, it'll totally work! I've seen it!
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 23:37   Link #7235
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
...is what Makarov needed to forgive Laxus? I dunno mate ....
At first, I thought he was talking about Jellal/Ultear...

And I'm pretty surprised that Erza didn't even give Ultear an 'evil eye' glare or something. At the very least, make Meldy do a Sense Link between Ultear and Erza so that Ultear could feel what Erza has gone through because of the 'Zeref' Gambit she played with Jellal.

But...that might want to make Ultear commit suicide all over again... It's one thing to have someone ranting and raving, screaming and crying about how you've ruined their life and chance at happiness - it would be another dimension all together to actually feel all the raw emotion, pain and suffering that goes with it.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 23:48   Link #7236
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I mean it's not something I'm up in arms about. I like Ultear, she's my second favorite character so she can pretty much do no wrong in me eyes. Laxus on the other hand...
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 00:21   Link #7237
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
At first, I thought he was talking about Jellal/Ultear...
I was, but I decided to play along anyway
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 02:03   Link #7238
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I got the feeling that Mashima didn't want to overload the Erza and Jellal confrontation drama by having Ultear being confronted about it as well... Especially since the weight of her deeds are actually more significant than Jellal's.

Could've been better, but I think the Meldy-Ultear scene from the previous arc was supposed to represent all of the repressed lash-out towards Ultear and how Ultear herself felt about it... minus the yuri, of course.

As for Jellal himself, I'm actually glad Jellal is a little bit of a dork. His characterisation has always been way too dramatic for his own good, and it's rather nice that he has a... fun side to him, even if it's a rather morbid manner to it.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 06:44   Link #7239
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
At first, I thought he was talking about Jellal/Ultear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was, but I decided to play along anyway
I knew he was but decided to play around anyway
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 16:35   Link #7240
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Is there a new chapter this week?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.