AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-06, 15:06   Link #7281
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Oh, I'm not doubting Mira - she's my favorite character and I thinks she's awesome. It's just that she and Erza used to be dead even when they were younger according to flashbacks but then Mira was out of commission for several years which gave Erza the time to forge ahead a little. I'm just seeing this as an excuse to put them back on that dead even trail, Makarov mentioning her as someone he wanted to be sure they'd win cemented it for me. I don't think it's an accident Mira has has 3 months to train and Erza had Ultear's "help" which didn't actually do much since she apparently already had at least some access to her second container. Although, all of this goes right down the toilet if Mashima had them get raped by Raven Tail which I have a creeping suspicion about
Anything that gives me more of Mira's demon form, I approve.
I've stated the 5 I'd like in the team, however for a sure demolition of every other guild the team should have been Gild, Luxus, Erza, Mira, Natsu...then again we have no idea what the challenges are xD
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:23   Link #7282
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Anything that gives me more of Mira's demon form, I approve.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:22   Link #7283
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
for random change challenge Lucy definetly is useful. maybe not as strong as the others but strong enough to take a place instead of one of the stronger fighters.
Wendy, well, that's a different story, Wendy I suppose is there to appease the lolis, Mashima's inner one included
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:31   Link #7284
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
well next chap is sky labyrinth ...so it's safe to assume her powers will be of some use?
Wendy's still got Grandine's scrolls, should be fun to see what else she can do now.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 17:29   Link #7285
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
oh rite, those... take cover, loli ownage incoming
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:10   Link #7286
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Anybody but me thinks that Wendy's Milky Way attack will be like her version of a Full Restore?>v<. And it's gonna be cool imagining her say Metsuryu Ougi: Shoha Tenkusen (Ultimate Slayer art *it's not really a secret technique if you yell it to your opponent-v-* Shattering Light: Sky Drill). Hmm, a friend of mine said something I didn't take into consideration that may be one of the roads this arc can take. What if, the whole 12'o clock thing in the room, is actually a trap? That may be one way for the other FT members that were training to get their shot.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:25   Link #7287
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Ooooook, so first thing is I've always liked Juvia's first hairstyle but then when she joined the guild and changed it, I really liked it then but then she changed back to her old style. Then just a while ago we got that colour spread and had Juvia with best hair style yet(one I wish mashima would use) but now we got a new style and god it's great!(still 2nd best to the other tho) but the slightly messy hair look is <3

Oh yea, gotta admit I approve of the Gray X Juvia X Leon love triangle, if just for the lolz
Still tho, always want my Gray X Harem.

Next is I'll always welcome more Bisca after she seeing her on that cover page a while back, bonafide hawt milf is always welcome!
Think I'd welcome her more than most other girls now

Interesting thing here, unless the translation is off, these 2 DS were taught by the same dragon?
As they refer to it as just "dragon" instead of "dragons".
So guess they also have the same type of DS magic?

Looking forward to whats to come, altho I'm hoping that the trials won't be simple battle contests and something more intersting so we can see the gang use their magics in different ways instead of just fighting.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 00:13   Link #7288
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
...I'm still trying to figure out some general thought lines on how these two rate against Natsu and Gajeel. Since they boast both 'Dragon' Lachryma' - which basically allows them to absorb and manipulate a particular element to their whim, and also trained on how to utilize that power fully by an actual dragon - they very well may indeed be more powerful than Natsu has ever been, even when in his Dragon Force mode.

If those two can utilize Dragon Force as well, they would have to have been taught by a real dragon - that would be their 'proof' for me.

We know how strong the 'Dragon Lachryma' can be because of Cobra and Laxus, but they were never taught the true techniques and methods on how to utilize that power by a real dragon of a similar elemental alignment. Maybe those two were smart enough to figure it out from just one dragon explaining it to them...

And it's obvious that Sting and Rogue didn't grow up having a Dragon with them - if they did, they wouldn't have been able to kill the one(s) who raised them from when they were young children. They must have found one...somehow... Mrrr, it's still too little information.

Just where is this Dragon Lachryma and how is it made and where can I get some!?!?
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:06   Link #7289
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Wherever it's made tempest, I can guarantee you, it'll eventually be in Wal-Mart.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 02:22   Link #7290
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
If those two can utilize Dragon Force as well, they would have to have been taught by a real dragon - that would be their 'proof' for me.

We know how strong the 'Dragon Lachryma' can be because of Cobra and Laxus, but they were never taught the true techniques and methods on how to utilize that power by a real dragon of a similar elemental alignment. Maybe those two were smart enough to figure it out from just one dragon explaining it to them...

And it's obvious that Sting and Rogue didn't grow up having a Dragon with them - if they did, they wouldn't have been able to kill the one(s) who raised them from when they were young children. They must have found one...somehow... Mrrr, it's still too little information.

Just where is this Dragon Lachryma and how is it made and where can I get some!?!?
Dragon lachryma is very expensive, Ivan wants to kill Luxus for that money. About the 3G DS, I assume they weren't really raised by dragons, but instead someone took them while they were fanboying over Natsu and Gazille and traded the lachryma on whatever conditions. As for the dragon slaying part...could be just a big fat lie. Nobody knows where the dragons are, so anyone can claim they killed one. Bet they'll say they killed Igneel and Metallicana, then get their asses handed to them.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 06:53   Link #7291
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
I'm sure the dragons that taught them is a fake dragon... lol

anyway, poor Erza... being left alone like that.... (after what happen in previous chapter, Erza need more love... ^^ )
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:04   Link #7292
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I found the answer to the dragon question:


__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 14:50   Link #7293
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Really? Nobody came back so it's going to be those 5? -.-

I mean Wendy? Really? Lluvia is there, a potential S-Class who almost nobody can harm, why go with the little girl?
Well both Lucy and Wendy may have some logic to them, namely from the fact that the competitions are not necessarily combat. Essentially what Wendy and Lucy lack in raw power they can make up for it by bringing more flexibility to the team. Without knowing what competitions that might pop up variety may be an important factor. Wendy in particular can not only heal members and restore their stamina during and in between matches, but she also possesses magic that can enhance their abilities and make them and herself stronger. also i see nothing that suggests that ALL of the potential contests will be solo matches which means she could prove to be valuable support during some of the multi-person contests

Though still, i'm not too fond of this... honestly the team is FAR too typical. Fairy tail Has so many great characters and it does get rather tiring to see the same characters in the frontline over and over again when we could be seeing others... it also hurts more when Mashima has to stretch things to make SURE the typical line up gets up front; hearing that most every other S-class mage and potential S-class did not come back in time for the competition just feels rather contrived. Not to mention that Levi was considered a potential s-class and got the same boost as everyone else, but she has been overlooked in favor of the traditional team.

If they had to bring the usually characters got their screen time i might have preferred they find another way to work it in... Like maybe Erza could sit out the competition(thus openning another spot) in favor of investigating the abnormalities around the competition. Basically while the others are in the competition she pursues a sub plot that will in turn lead us into the plot for the next arc. Or something like that... frankly i just feel like i could use a break from the usual cast in favor of more time for others.
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:01   Link #7294
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
The only...ONLY thing I agree with this current team is that Natsu, Gray, Erza and Lucy are actually used to teaming up and probably have better teamwork than with others.

But still it's one pro vs plenty of cons
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:47   Link #7295
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well both Lucy and Wendy may have some logic to them, namely from the fact that the competitions are not necessarily combat. Essentially what Wendy and Lucy lack in raw power they can make up for it by bringing more flexibility to the team. Without knowing what competitions that might pop up variety may be an important factor. Wendy in particular can not only heal members and restore their stamina during and in between matches, but she also possesses magic that can enhance their abilities and make them and herself stronger. also i see nothing that suggests that ALL of the potential contests will be solo matches which means she could prove to be valuable support during some of the multi-person contests

Though still, i'm not too fond of this... honestly the team is FAR too typical. Fairy tail Has so many great characters and it does get rather tiring to see the same characters in the frontline over and over again when we could be seeing others... it also hurts more when Mashima has to stretch things to make SURE the typical line up gets up front; hearing that most every other S-class mage and potential S-class did not come back in time for the competition just feels rather contrived. Not to mention that Levi was considered a potential s-class and got the same boost as everyone else, but she has been overlooked in favor of the traditional team.

If they had to bring the usually characters got their screen time i might have preferred they find another way to work it in... Like maybe Erza could sit out the competition(thus openning another spot) in favor of investigating the abnormalities around the competition. Basically while the others are in the competition she pursues a sub plot that will in turn lead us into the plot for the next arc. Or something like that... frankly i just feel like i could use a break from the usual cast in favor of more time for others.
Quoting to say I agree with this assessment. It would have been nice to leave Erza out, or up the team allowed to say, 6 or 7 members. Add in at least Levi and Gajeel(unless he's gonna pop up with Raven Tail). Or perhaps have a mass qualifying run and thus have some people flunk out while others pass. Sorta like DBZ does with it's tournament, flunks out the lessers and leaves 8 or so people for the main tournament.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:58   Link #7296
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Levi was considered a potential s-class and got the same boost as everyone else, but she has been overlooked in favor of the traditional team.
not true, Mashima had her shine by having her bring her quickread glasses.

oh well, you'r rite, poor girl
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 19:33   Link #7297
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I don't even care anymore I just flick through the chapters for the fanservice, Mashima's one strength. There are plenty of manga with better fight scenes afterall.


Still how the hell do 2 potential S class mages Levi and Juvis lose out to Lucy and Wendy especially since all 4 had the "power up".
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 22:12   Link #7298
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Simply put, Wendy has more uses that Juvia does. Wendy is not only a Healer, she also comes with Party-wide Status Buffs.
Ahhh, I bet some people forgot that, eh?

Increase AGI, Increase STR, etc. Ring a bell, anyone?
And thanks to the upgrade, she has a much larger MP pool to cast them. I bet she can even cast something to take away their fatigue. While I doubt she approaches game-breaker lvls, her potential to add to the team is great.

With Erza, she is half-immune to illusions and she also possesses a keen mind (able to figure out how things add up insanely fast, except when it comes to Jellal).
Natsu, well, will never give up...
Gray can create things to overcome obstacles...(a moat in the way, make a bridge; need to get to a higher place, create a ladder or stairs).
Lucy has her Stellar Spirits as well as her own way of thinking through problems.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is right now.

Mind you, this is the same setup that defeated Master Hades (with the help of 3 badassed kitties).
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 22:13   Link #7299
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Quoting to say I agree with this assessment. It would have been nice to leave Erza out, or up the team allowed to say, 6 or 7 members.
Hey, you never know, something bad could happen to Erza while she's waiting alone at the inn...
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 23:05   Link #7300
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
(with the help of 3 badassed kitties).
The team should have been, Happy, Lilly, Charururururu and...that's it cause the 3 kitties would pwn everything and then FT could go "Yea, our cats can kill you, imagine our mage!"
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.