AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-10, 20:24   Link #7541
Deathscyther
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 26
I certainly hope Lucy will be able to get at least a tie out of this battle. I've been waiting for her battle. I hope her training really paid off. In other arcs Lucy has been shown to be quite a bit weaker than other main characters like Natsu, Erza and Gray. I'm not saying she was weak, but she wasn't as strong as the other main characters. She was always trying to catch up with them, but failed to do so in most cases. She usually ends up relying on the power of her friends or her own luck to survive.

I hope she surprises me in this battle. The next chapter will probably have lots of gags, boobs and comical moments before she gets serious in the end. I just hope that she delivers when she gets serious.

She's probably going to play a key role in the dragon slayer business later on, so it's about time for her stand together with the others, instead of trying to catch up with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
My problem is that Gray and Juvia did nothing. Gray has ice shields while Juvia has water prisons and is also able to hide in water. They just stood there and got slapped around, and Gray didn't find a counter to Chin-man in the end at all. I was disappointed because I wanted Hiro to show-case some new abilities or tactics for each character, but only Eve and Chin-man seemed to utilize any tactics, and only Rufus displayed any worthwhile ability. That left the impression that Leon, Yeagar, Beth, Juvia and Gray were just running around slapping each other.
I kind of agree with you. I understand Raven Tail and Sabertooth having strong members, but it was like the other teams didn't even try. Gray usually uses his creation magic in unexpected ways, but I haven't seen him use any of it. Same goes for Juvia, Leon, Yeagar and Beth though. Hiro is probably using this round to glorify Raven Tail and Sabertooth, while saving Gray's and Juvia's skills for a battle later on...
__________________
Deathscyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 20:39   Link #7542
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a Leo and Capricorn combo.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 22:12   Link #7543
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
If by FT you mean Raven Tail, then yes, so am I. But I'd rather see Fairy Tail take out Raven Tail, considering how they're apparently targeting FT alone.



It wouldn't be surprising if Flare or someone else in the tournament turned out to be a celestial wizard (or if more than one of them did), because Lucy still has two more golden keys to prove she's worthy of having. And as I have said once before, I want to see Lucy walk away with at least a tie. It's allowed, after all, and both teams would be awarded 5 points, which would keep the first day from being a complete and utter failure. Otherwise we'll have to wait for the start of the second day onward to see Fairy Tail turn things around.
Nope I mean exactly what I wrote. FT should not win this tournament and Sabertooth is most likely the guild to prevent that from happening. I don't really care about Raven's Tail right now because I want an arc just with FT and Raven Tail without the other guilds.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 12:11   Link #7544
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Lol I loved Mirajanes fantasy
Now I want to see the match between them even more, Mirajane clearly still has rivalry going on so she won't go easy on Erza.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:14   Link #7545
Pascha
Sacred Dome
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Grey sucks /end discussion.

Oh and Lucy is going to lose the next one too.
So just because he lost a fight where he was completely unaware of what was going on, especially regarding a new environment, he now sucks? Where a butt chined maniac was stalking him.
I guess you think most characters suck or something. Nice logic.

It's "Gray" btw.
__________________
Pascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:50   Link #7546
Pascha
Sacred Dome
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Age: 25
What "Sucks" that mashiro used him as a introverted punching bag in this chapter. What a troll that rat member from raventail is. lol.
__________________

Last edited by Pascha; 2012-02-12 at 01:37.
Pascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 08:33   Link #7547
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post
So just because he lost a fight where he was completely unaware of what was going on, especially regarding a new environment, he now sucks? Where a butt chined maniac was stalking him.
I guess you think most characters suck or something. Nice logic.

It's "Gray" btw.
You can say the conditions were more unfavorable for him than others (why?), but remember they all started out the same. He still came dead last without being able to do or even understand anything. Maybe he'd have come first or second in an ice sculpture contest, but that's pretty faint praise...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 09:23   Link #7548
Pascha
Sacred Dome
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You can say the conditions were more unfavorable for him than others (why?), but remember they all started out the same. He still came dead last without being able to do or even understand anything. Maybe he'd have come first or second in an ice sculpture contest, but that's pretty faint praise...
You are evidently missing my point. The gist of my argument is that poster said gray sucks (which may have been sarcasm, i don't know). I took an exception to that thus me arguing that he lost one match where the opponent's ability was better suited in regards to a glorified hide and seek game in a unfamiliar environment.

Yes I agree he could've been better, made better decisions, instead of being surprised every few seconds, however saying he sucks is downright laughable. It's like saying natsu sucks because he lost to gildartz.

I'm just waiting for him to take his "revenge", and beat some ***** up. I'll admit gray's my fav character so I'm being a bit oversensitive, whatever.
__________________

Last edited by Pascha; 2012-02-12 at 09:34.
Pascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 12:24   Link #7549
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
10 to 1 says Lucy is gonna loose. First in order to hype up raven tail, we can't have them loosing or even tying this early on. Second, a come from behind victory will be more interesting to see; as such fairy tail needs to loose these early fights so that they can remain the underdogs. Third, i doubt Lucy would be the one to give us Fairy tail's first solid victory; i'd be more expecting of Natsu or Erza to give us their first solid victory... with 5 days and two competetions a day, that means there is enough time for Fairy tail to perform poorly in the first 2 days and still come out well from behind by the end of day 5.

Granted fairy tail B team, might see a bit more luck in the battle depending on who they are matched up against. If its sabertooth, then they are certain to loose for the same reasons as above for Lucy loosing, plus the fact that sabertooth needs to furthar prove their strongest guild status before that status can be challenged... if its anyone else, then they have a chance. But i'm thinking that B team will end up against Sabertooth to help hype them up. Both sabertooth and raven tail are essentially playing the role of antagonist in this arc.
__________________

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-02-12 at 12:59.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 18:36   Link #7550
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post
You are evidently missing my point. The gist of my argument is that poster said gray sucks (which may have been sarcasm, i don't know). I took an exception to that thus me arguing that he lost one match where the opponent's ability was better suited in regards to a glorified hide and seek game in a unfamiliar environment.
Explain how Gray's power was less suited than Leon's. Or Juvia's, or, well, anyone's.

Quote:
Yes I agree he could've been better, made better decisions, instead of being surprised every few seconds, however saying he sucks is downright laughable. It's like saying natsu sucks because he lost to gildartz.
He only got curbstomped like that by the Sabertooth guy, along with everyone else. But he lost to everyone else because, in this instance, he was less clever, less adaptable and less determined than the others. He's had nice victories where he did display intelligence and resolve. But this time, he was passive and dumbfounded from beginning to end. Maybe they should have put a gun to his head or something.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 22:45   Link #7551
Pascha
Sacred Dome
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Explain how Gray's power was less suited than Leon's. Or Juvia's, or, well, anyone's.

He only got curbstomped like that by the Sabertooth guy, along with everyone else. But he lost to everyone else because, in this instance, he was less clever, less adaptable and less determined than the others. He's had nice victories where he did display intelligence and resolve. But this time, he was passive and dumbfounded from beginning to end. Maybe they should have put a gun to his head or something.

You are still missing my point of what the merit of my argument is. Ugh. I guess I'm going to have to convey my argument more concise and clearly:

When I meant his opponent I obviously meant nulpting. He was strictly up against him. Sure lyon, juvia were his opponents, but the most damage was dealt by that raven tail member. As you can see lyon and juvia (whom both got points, gray had 0) weren't all that better in contrast to gray.

Nulpting has the ability to completely alter his body to whatever he wants which is again a big time overcoming advantage in what is evidently a glorified hide and seek match whereas clones are produced. Has shown to have a greater agility than his appearance was perceived to be and planned his ideas on what to do better compared to gray's. Where to one point was basically stalking him and being his only one objective. Where gray was looking out for the other opponents and not realizing nulpting was primarly only after him.

I blame this all on hiro!

Nulpting is probably what we have seen is raven tail's smartest member so far as well. Also it seemed like gray underestimated that troll (yes that is gray's fault), and was basically thinking about fighting lyon (even if he didn't mention it). Nulpting finally also has the ability to enhance his perception on finding out who the original being is, to a point which even made erza an s class member shocked.

Again he could've faired better, but we haven't seen the tournament end and what gray will be doing next

Agreed with the second part, even though you put it bluntly. This will all be mostly forgotten if he gets his revenge on rufus and nulpting.

This is probably gray's second loss of the series If I'm not mistaken.
__________________

Last edited by Pascha; 2012-02-12 at 23:12.
Pascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 23:25   Link #7552
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But he lost to everyone else because, in this instance, he was less clever, less adaptable and less determined than the others. He's had nice victories where he did display intelligence and resolve. But this time, he was passive and dumbfounded from beginning to end. Maybe they should have put a gun to his head or something.
I'm pretty sure that Gray losing to everyone else had less to do with being less clever, less adaptable, and less determined than them, and more to do with that he had one guy unerringly attacking him every minute and a half and the others didn't.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 08:08   Link #7553
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I hope lucy wrecks this crazy chick. She bugs the HELL out of me.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 08:34   Link #7554
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
I still sense Lucy will lose the coming match, even though she might pull out some surprises and her big guns. Now, whats more interesting to me at the moment are the people in Fairy Tail's B Team.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 09:34   Link #7555
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
She might loose to fuel Natsu =/
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:07   Link #7556
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Do you guys actually want FT to win this tournament? I would hate to see that.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:11   Link #7557
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Do you guys actually want FT to win this tournament? I would hate to see that.
Win? I wouldn't mind to see them come in 2nd or 3rd place. Trash Saberooth? Oh hell yes.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:48   Link #7558
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Do you guys actually want FT to win this tournament? I would hate to see that.
Are you seriously expecting this tournament to actually last till the end? I'm about 97% expecting one of the naughty people to crash the party...be it Zeref, Raven Tail, Fairy Tail or the freakin' Pumpkin-man.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:54   Link #7559
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Are you seriously expecting this tournament to actually last till the end? I'm about 97% expecting one of the naughty people to crash the party...be it Zeref, Raven Tail, Fairy Tail or the freakin' Pumpkin-man.
I actually expect it to have a deciding winner. Never thought about a scenario like the Chunin exam.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 17:28   Link #7560
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I'm not bothered about Ft winning the tournament, just want the FT dragonslayers to beat sabretooth's and an epic victory for Lucy at some point.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.