AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Old 2012-03-02, 12:18   Link #7701
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
But wait...wouldn't Jura of all people be able to recognize Jellal's Celestial-type magic!?!?! 0.0 They were both Wizard Saints at one point...hrrrr, interesting...
Luckily for FT, Jura is a nice guy and wont snitch after getting his ass kicked.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 12:22   Link #7702
Xellos-_^
Married

with Sherry engage to Ren that leaves Leon open to Jubvia and a GreyXUrtear shipping.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:30   Link #7703
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Bah, I think only Juvia is destined for Grey at this point, especially with the "mine" line that Grey let slip by accident.
Old 2012-03-02, 15:38   Link #7704
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Bah, I think only Juvia is destined for Grey at this point, especially with the "mine" line that Grey let slip by accident.
Hope not, I'm pretty much fine shipping Gray with anybody except for Juvia. I think she was cute in the beginning, then it became slightly annoying and then I simply disliked seeing her at the screen. If her mind didn't consist of being obsessed with Gray and actually showed more care about other things she wouldn't be my least favorite character.

Anyway, the chapter was interesting, hope those fights get expanded in the anime. Looking forward to Jellal's battle, although my best anticipated fights mostly turn out to be disappointment but... we will see.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:14   Link #7705
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Huh, Sherry is engaged to Ren now, eh? What happened to her crushing over Leon? It feels like they are doing this to free up Leon to add more drama to the Gray/Juvia/Leon triangle.

Natsu wants to see Lucy in the shower? Hmmm...

Making the assumption that Orga and Laxus will face each other eventually. Laxus will have trouble eating black lightning like Natsu had trouble eating black flames, but will eventually do it and power up, thus defeating Orga. Too obvious?

Jellal vs. Jura. If there is anyone who would keep Mystogan's secret, it would be Jura, but I have to wonder about this... FT has been losing a LOT, and while it's a trope to show the heroes in a bad spot so they can come from behind to win, I have to figure they are gonna start winning eventually. This seems as good a fight as any to start doing that. And it's team B.

Overall, decent chapter. The panels near the end showcasing the individual despair of particular members, was particularly well done. Each has been shaken up. As I said before, I presume this is to set them up for rematches to win against those that beat them.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 20:46   Link #7706
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Huh, Sherry is engaged to Ren now, eh? What happened to her crushing over Leon? It feels like they are doing this to free up Leon to add more drama to the Gray/Juvia/Leon triangle.
Perhaps, but Sherry/Ren started back in the Oracion Seis arc. So if Mashima's doing this to free of Leon for a love triangle, he's had it in mind for a couple years now.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:33   Link #7707
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Her crush on Leon obviously amounted to nothing and like Krono reminded us, Mashima gave a little tease with Sherry/Ren towards the end of the Nirvana arc. And apparently, Sherry/Ren is approved by both their respective guilds who obviously love the duo being together.

Sort of a "...HUH!?" moment for me is the emergence of Natsu's perverted side. First he openly wants to peek at the girls in the bath and now he tries to rush back in to catch Lucy in the shower. And Erza's not even upset that he wants to go peek!
Old 2012-03-02, 21:40   Link #7708
MechR

Quote:
Making the assumption that Orga and Laxus will face each other eventually. Laxus will have trouble eating black lightning like Natsu had trouble eating black flames, but will eventually do it and power up, thus defeating Orga. Too obvious?
"Too obvious" is my bet. Maybe they'll team up against something else.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:43   Link #7709
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
you mean the Gray/Urtear/Leon/Jubvia Square

Old 2012-03-02, 22:35   Link #7710
Casshern

I don't really get this GrayxUltear pairing. I get they have a deep connection but if anything it's more like brother and sister. Ultear was the mature woman type to begin with, and with the time-skip she's also considerably older than him, not to mention there's Meredy and the nature of her relationship with Ultear is unclear to say the least.

If Ultear did end up being paired with someone other than Meredy, I'd argue that Leon is a much better match than Gray. To me Leon always gave the impression of an older kid than Gray, kind of like a big brother, which fits Ultear's type alot better (unless she's a shota-con). He also seemed to have a crush on Ul, so you never know how his emotions will react when he finally meets Ultear. Iirc Leon has never encountered Ultear (at least not without her Zalti disguise), and Gray has never told him about her, so he might be completely unaware of her existance. If Hiro doesn't push for MeredyxUltear, then LeonxUltear is waiting to set sail.

Just please stop trying to ruin my GrayxJuvia otp.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:46   Link #7711
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I don't really get this GrayxUltear pairing. I get they have a deep connection but if anything it's more like brother and sister. Ultear was the mature woman type to begin with, and with the time-skip she's also considerably older than him, not to mention there's Meredy and the nature of her relationship with Ultear is unclear to say the least.

If Ultear did end up being paired with someone other than Meredy, I'd argue that Leon is a much better match than Gray. To me Leon always gave the impression of an older kid than Gray, kind of like a big brother, which fits Ultear's type alot better (unless she's a shota-con). He also seemed to have a crush on Ul, so you never know how his emotions will react when he finally meets Ultear. Iirc Leon has never encountered Ultear (at least not without her Zalti disguise), and Gray has never told him about her, so he might be completely unaware of her existance. If Hiro doesn't push for MeredyxUltear, then LeonxUltear is waiting to set sail.

1. As for Urtear being older, she doesn't look it and she has time magic.

2. Grey did tell Leon are Urtear or at least had a discussion about her when Grey got back form.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:51   Link #7712
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Sort of a "...HUH!?" moment for me is the emergence of Natsu's perverted side. First he openly wants to peek at the girls in the bath and now he tries to rush back in to catch Lucy in the shower. And Erza's not even upset that he wants to go peek!
Well, Natsu does surprise her at her home constantly. Not to mention Erza did make him and Gray take baths with her before.

FYI, Erza is a bit of a pervert herself.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:54   Link #7713
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Well, Natsu does surprise her at her home constantly. Not to mention Erza did make him and Gray take baths with her before.

FYI, Erza is a bit of a pervert herself.
not a bit she is a BIG pervert.. *dodge a rain of swords
Old 2012-03-02, 23:00   Link #7714
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post

Way I look at shipping is you don't really need to get pairings, just have to understand that others will(keeps you from thinking too hard about it all if you don't like certain pairings)

Gray X Ultear has always been on the table ever since it was revealed she was Ur's daughter, no matter if you like the idea or not.

Shipper's minds work in many many different ways and you'll never be able to understand them all and really there no point most of the time as most of it is for fun.

I for one don't want triangle or square or pentagon here always aimed for Gray harem

As for the chapter it was not bad, I guess, wasn't particularly great but not bad either.
Natsu wanting to take a peek at Lucy in the shower...again was rather amusing
Now then whats to come of Jellal vs Jura?
Just noticed something reading 273 but this is the only time I can say I actually really like Jella, when he's disguised as Mystogan.
Old 2012-03-02, 23:20   Link #7715
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Way I look at shipping is you don't really need to get pairings, just have to understand that others will(keeps you from thinking too hard about it all if you don't like certain pairings)

Gray X Ultear has always been on the table ever since it was revealed she was Ur's daughter, no matter if you like the idea or not.

Shipper's minds work in many many different ways and you'll never be able to understand them all and really there no point most of the time as most of it is for fun.

I for one don't want triangle or square or pentagon here always aimed for Gray harem

As for the chapter it was not bad, I guess, wasn't particularly great but not bad either.
Natsu wanting to take a peek at Lucy in the shower...again was rather amusing
Now then whats to come of Jellal vs Jura?
Just noticed something reading 273 but this is the only time I can say I actually really like Jella, when he's disguised as Mystogan.
I bet you never thought you'd actually be rooting for Jellal to win something.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 23:23   Link #7716
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
My memory isn't good, but I don't recall the "fake" dragon slayers like Laxus who use Lahcrima eating their elements. Could be that they can't?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 23:29   Link #7717
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Cobra, the "fake" poison dragon slayer ate the poison of his pet snake.
Old 2012-03-03, 00:04   Link #7718
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Only because I can't see his face... >.> If he is unmasked, I'll hate him all over again. XD

as for GrayxUltear - Ultear called him the 'favored pupil of her mother' along with Leon, they make the only 3 people that we know who know Ul's style of Ice Alchemly. And since we have no indication that Leon and Ultear even know of each other, for the line of Ul to continue, Gray seems like the 'logical' choice. And even if Ultear is older, doesn't hurt to have an older woman after you now is it.
Old 2012-03-03, 00:08   Link #7719
Casshern

Quote:
I know, you're right. It's just that when these new ideas det discussed alot and become trends I always get paranoid that the author will use it to troll his readers.
Old 2012-03-03, 01:32   Link #7720
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Quote:
Only because I can't see his face... >.> If he is unmasked, I'll hate him all over again. XD
I agree with both of you . I really miss Mystogan.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen