AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-11, 10:31   Link #7781
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Poor Meredy, being used like that
But since her tormentor was Ultear, I have a feeling that she secretly enjoyed it. I'm glad that Ultear stayed alive.

So a bad future is waiting Lucy? Am getting curious...
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 14:54   Link #7782
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
This makes me wonder, has Levy been narrating this entire arc?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 04:13   Link #7783
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
You know...for once I'd like to see an exam or a tournament in a shounen manga that doesn't get interrupted halfway...
I honestly can't remember seeing a tournament or an exam arc not being interrupted by some major evil since the end of the original Dragonball...What's so wrong with having something like that without some major conspiracy in the background for a change?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 04:36   Link #7784
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
^Because its boring. Well most likely it'd be. Though a good writer could make it work. But manga artists or drawers and not writers (well a lot of them anyway).
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 06:43   Link #7785
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
^Because its boring. Well most likely it'd be. Though a good writer could make it work.
uh...huh...right

Well as for it being boring...who knows. Basically the fact that we don't know what the other games are still keeps things interesting. Plus there's nothing stopping the author from executing the evil conspiracy afterward.

I believe some think it would be boring because in a tournament you already know "There will be one winner, most likely the MC/MC's crew" but that kind of applies to most evil conspiracy plots as well...you basically know that in the end the bad guy will get punched in the face by the good guy, or something along those lines (good beats evil most of the time).

Dragonball's world tournaments were actually to me the most entertaining parts of the whole show, and some of the most memorable. Even Cell's tournament in DBZ was only tampered with but never really interrupted for a big evil conspiracy plot, and it was also another memorable arc. Infact the interrupted tournament during the Buu arc has left a bad taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
But manga artists or drawers and not writers (well a lot of them anyway).
I'm...not really sure what you're trying to say here...is it that Mangaka aren't writers because their draw their stories, ergo they are not as capable as novel writers and such?
If so then that is completely untrue. Rather it is much more complicated to write a story weekly and keeping it interesting, while also finding time to draw it, than writing a full book and releasing it at once.
There are great examples of mangaka that are incredible storytellers, though of course it varies with each reader's taste but mangaka like Eiichiro Oda, Kentaro Miura and Yoshihiro Togashi (just to name a few) are largely considered great storytellers with their manga often gaining more respect from their stories rather than their art. Not everyone is capable of developing a story every week over several years and still keep their readers coming back for more. Just because their stories cater to a certain younger audience (like like young teens for example) does in no way weaken their plots.
Mashima has show to be capable of great storytelling, he still has a way to go when compared to some of the names above but he is in no way a weak writer and quite capable of pulling off a straightforward tournament, if you will.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 09:41   Link #7786
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I wonder if something will happen with Gajeel and Raven Tail, and Levy decides to go with him leaving a message for Lucy.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 13:25   Link #7787
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You know...for once I'd like to see an exam or a tournament in a shounen manga that doesn't get interrupted halfway...
I honestly can't remember seeing a tournament or an exam arc not being interrupted by some major evil since the end of the original Dragonball...What's so wrong with having something like that without some major conspiracy in the background for a change?
Flame of Recca
Yu Yu hashuko
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 13:29   Link #7788
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
uh...huh...right

Well as for it being boring...who knows. Basically the fact that we don't know what the other games are still keeps things interesting. Plus there's nothing stopping the author from executing the evil conspiracy afterward.

I believe some think it would be boring because in a tournament you already know "There will be one winner, most likely the MC/MC's crew" but that kind of applies to most evil conspiracy plots as well...you basically know that in the end the bad guy will get punched in the face by the good guy, or something along those lines (good beats evil most of the time).

Dragonball's world tournaments were actually to me the most entertaining parts of the whole show, and some of the most memorable. Even Cell's tournament in DBZ was only tampered with but never really interrupted for a big evil conspiracy plot, and it was also another memorable arc. Infact the interrupted tournament during the Buu arc has left a bad taste.



I'm...not really sure what you're trying to say here...is it that Mangaka aren't writers because their draw their stories, ergo they are not as capable as novel writers and such?

If so then that is completely untrue. Rather it is much more complicated to write a story weekly and keeping it interesting, while also finding time to draw it, than writing a full book and releasing it at once.

There are great examples of mangaka that are incredible storytellers, though of course it varies with each reader's taste but mangaka like Eiichiro Oda, Kentaro Miura and Yoshihiro Togashi (just to name a few) are largely considered great storytellers with their manga often gaining more respect from their stories rather than their art. Not everyone is capable of developing a story every week over several years and still keep their readers coming back for more. Just because their stories cater to a certain younger audience (like like young teens for example) does in no way weaken their plots.

Mashima has show to be capable of great storytelling, he still has a way to go when compared to some of the names above but he is in no way a weak writer and quite capable of pulling off a straightforward tournament, if you will.
Well we don't even know if it will be interrupted or not. Most likely it will be, which is cliche, but its an easier way to move the plot along. If it was just a tournament, then wouldn't the ending be a guild (Most likely Fairytail) winning number 1 and that'd be it? Its probably easier for the mangaka to move the plot along afterwards by tying it into something major or evil that happened in the previous arc.

Of course there are great storytelling mangakas, but that's not everyone. Many of the mangakas follow cliched plots and formats for their stories. Many started off drawing rather than writing stories.

As far as Mashima, i think he's pretty good on both accounts, but there are times he makes us all scratch our head out of confusion.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 18:45   Link #7789
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Well, time for speculation ahoy!

The 'for my beloved Lucy' note from Levy thing is rather interesting. First of all, it's likely not with any romantic shipping intention, and it's just signifies them being rather good friends. However, it also does seem to imply that something rather serious has happened. As far as I can recall, the two of them are often very casual with one another, with Levy usually referring to Lucy as Lu-chan as opposed to her name. In addition, there is the fact that Levy has written this in 'note' form, as opposed to simply telling Lucy means that for some reason, they are unable to contact the other. The 'beloved' actually kind of makes me feel that Lucy died/Levy is dying at the time the note is being written, but I actually find that somewhat unlikely. Also, it seems to be passing on some sort of information about some things that happened during the games/right after the game, so it can be assumed that Lucy doesn't know it. From this, I think that Lucy will either die (unlikely as mentioned), get knocked into a coma, or get kidnapped/vanish. Either that or Levy herself gets kidnapped, and is sending a message to Lucy to explained what happened.

Of course, this be all speculation. Thoughts?
I'm thinking time travel. Levy is sending the note to the past somehow. Or attracting Charles' precog.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 01:56   Link #7790
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I agree with Randrak42. Would be awesome to actually see a complete tournament without interventions :O That would be so epic.

As for the last 2 sentences of the latest manga ...

Kinda hard to think that Lucy would die MAINLY because well. She's 'part' of the main team * and she serves to be around Natsu for the general purpose of [i've no idea where im going with this]

My money would be that Levy is on the verge of dying/disappear so she's writing to Lucy in a departing manner.
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko

Last edited by xKeir; 2012-03-14 at 05:16.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:08   Link #7791
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Hmmm, but if she's trying to send the note back to the past or trying to get Charles's attention, wouldn't it be better to address it to Charles instead?

Also, random off-topic thought, but Fairy Tail's almost caught up to Rave Master in length by now. In fact, at around this chapter in Rave Master quite a decent number of people have died already, the final battle is starting, and the main leads have made their feelings for one another known, while for Fairy Tail, I actually don't see it ending any time soon.

Some extra irony I found funny. The same chapter in Fairy Tail (264) where Erza and Jellal have that long talk with Jellal talking about his will to live or whatever, is the chapter in Rave Master where
Spoiler for Rave Master Chapter 264:

Just something I found kind of amusing.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 04:43   Link #7792
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir;4050396
Kinda hard to think that Lucy would die MAINLY because well. She's 'part' of the main theme and she serves to be around Natsu for the general purpose of [i've no idea where im going with this

My money would be that Levy is on the verge of dying/disappear so she's writing to Lucy in a departing manner.
I understand ya

As for Levy, that's my guess. Well, guess based off of 2 lines.
But if it is true, prepare for me to be bawling my eyes out.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 16:58   Link #7793
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Well since 1. Fairy Tail seems to run on the "None of the main good guys can die. No matter how screwed they look" rule that Bleach and One Piece (used to) use and.
2. Levy was initially a minor character that got bumped up in prominace because the author took a liking to her (which is why her Shadow Gear teammates dropped into the background and she didn't.) I'm thinking it's highly unlikely Levy's gonna die. She might look like it. But probably not.

But then again I said the same about One Piece and after a decade of zero deaths someone important finally died. So I could be wrong.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 10:58   Link #7794
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
I have the feeling Lucy will get abduced and Levi will something to do with this.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:19   Link #7795
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Latest chapter out.

God Damn did i not expect that Cana scene. Macao was right .. Gildarts really would kill that asshole if he found out.

Just like Fairy Tail to rise from their defeats in good morale. Loved how they showed Jellal sitting out sulking.

I didn't quite comprehend the Lucy-Gray scene. DAFUG did i read ... And it all turned out to be me trolled by Juvia...

Charles' vision = Holyshitballs.

Seems like Erza is up for the next fight.
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko

Last edited by xKeir; 2012-03-16 at 09:31.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:29   Link #7796
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Lucy x Gray is official...
Spoiler for 275:
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:33   Link #7797
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Lucy x Gray is official...
Spoiler for 275:
Chances are it'd be Erza, seeing how they set the fight up in this chapter with the Bar confrontation scene. And the Majesty was saying 'er .. er ...' presumably 'Er..za'

Though the first thing that came to mind when i saw transformation was Elfman / Mirajane. Read the chapter again and my money's on Erza :3

I realized 'Transformation' could probably refer to Erza's different armor transformations. I feel like i got trolled several times in this chapter ... especially the Lucy x Gray. Didn't see that coming at all too.
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:47   Link #7798
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler:
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:48   Link #7799
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Chances are it'd be Erza, seeing how they set the fight up in this chapter with the Bar confrontation scene. And the Majesty was saying 'er .. er ...' presumably 'Er..za'

Though the first thing that came to mind when i saw transformation was Elfman / Mirajane. Read the chapter again and my money's on Erza :3

I realized 'Transformation' could probably refer to Erza's different armor transformations. I feel like i got trolled several times in this chapter ... especially the Lucy x Gray. Didn't see that coming at all too.
Spoiler for 275:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 10:59   Link #7800
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Spoiler for 275:
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.