AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 11:45   Link #8001
classic

Spoiler for 280:
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 11:48   Link #8002
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Kagura you just earned yourself a fan.
Old 2012-04-20, 12:12   Link #8003
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ohh another Erza but this time with a Hime cut, do think I'm in love!

This was a great chapter, Kagura was awesomea and seems Yukino's role in the arc could be a big one.
How come I never noticed this before but what Wendy and Lucy say about Erza's comment is so true, never noticed that before even tho she's alwasy said those odd things

Now all I need is a Erza vs Kagura showdown!
Old 2012-04-20, 13:45   Link #8004
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

And it's clear now, that dude needs key users, doesn't matter who exactly. And here I thought there was more to Lucy than that.
lol that's why i thought it was strange he was going after her when he could have gone after any mage. However, i wonder if the number of keys they have will have anything to do with it since Lucy does have 10 and the last 3 are Yukino's.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 13:47   Link #8005
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Am I the only one who thought that Yukino was dead for a second there? You know, laying on the ground, eyes wide open...damn, so close to an actual deathmatch!

So, final keys. Pisces were indeed the fish from the other world, Libra stayed true to the original design and, as some here had speculated, we got an Ophiuchus key...all owned in a few pages :P

Really liked this chapter, it made the tournament a lot more interesting. At first I thought that Quatro Cerberus and Mermaid Heel would be fodder guilds for everyone else to look cool, but Bacchus and Kagura really put up a fight. This chapter also gave Sabertooth a chance to refrain from becoming the "win-all-fights" guild; they're human too and can lose on occasion (hadn't really counted Sting's game due to its nature and the character exposure it provided).

Looking forward to next week!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 13:50   Link #8006
Ushio the Omega

LOL, steller spirit mage = fodder completly pointless and over hyped.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 13:55   Link #8007
kitten320

I think I just read the most hilarious translation... First words Mira said were "I feel I was super sexy just now"
Old 2012-04-20, 15:48   Link #8008
Nvis
Where are the good animes

There is no way Erza can beat Kagura. She cut metal without even unsheathing her sword.

This is just totally on another level.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:50   Link #8009
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
There is no way Erza can beat Kagura. She cut metal without even unsheathing her sword.

Well we actually haven't seen Erza fight yet since the power-up.

But i was wondering why she was so worried over Kagura's attack. I guess it doe really kill if unsheathed.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 16:24   Link #8010
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:

Erza has already beaten a person who can cut things without touching it.

edit: i meant with speed that looks like as if it wasn't touching.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 17:05   Link #8011
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Ah... Master Mavis gets her weekly appearance. But wheres the other D-S of Sabertooth, Rouge? Anyways, another awesome chapter of FT. as expected =D
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 17:10   Link #8012
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Except Erza has already defeated a person with such an ability back in her own arc as pointed out already.

Also, she is Erza.
Old 2012-04-20, 17:25   Link #8013
classic

Quote:

There were no way her beat Azuma? but with nakama power even Natsu can overcome his motionsicness.
Erza beat Aria in one attack cutting through air O_O
and she beat Ikaruga in the Tower of Paradise with one hit although she was loosing the majority of their battle.
Personally, i dont like Erza`s fights cause all her opponets are much more stronger and her way of winning always seems unlogical.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 17:33   Link #8014
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Really, I don't see how people think her fights are illogical.

vs Aria, he was simply that much weaker then Erza
vs Ikaruga, she abandoned her defenses (which were useless against her opponent) to maximize her attack.
vs Azuma, he was using Fairy Tail's own magic to attack a member of Fairy Tail, hence why him blasting her with the power of the Tenrou tree did absolutely nothing but help her.
Old 2012-04-20, 18:23   Link #8015
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Awesome.

Didn't expect to see another Spirit mage show up like that, in Sabertooth no less. And with 3 special keys, not two. Guess there really was a 13th key. But this doesn't bode well for Yukino... they apparently need a Spirit Mage, and it doesn't quite matter who, but I guess one that has enough magic power. And since opening the gate will kill the spirit mage... I sense bad things in the future for Yukino. I gather she'll get sacrificed instead. Or perhaps sacrifice herself for Lucy, or the two will join powers and thus both come through alive.

And as someone mentioned, the tournament ends on July 7th, which was the day the dragons disappeared... and Lucy's mother died. My earlier theory about Lucy's mother dying to open the Eclipse gate before, might have some basis, and would mean FT is really starting to move into endgame and reveal those secrets that have been building.

Awesome. All that remains is to see how Lucy ends up with those final keys.

Kagura is awesome, too. I'm glad Mermaid Tail isn't a throw away guild, and has some power to it. I do hate when third parties and secondary characters are merely toss-aways, usually to show how strong the good guys and bad guys are. And the hooded girl seems to be the cat-girl that was the friend of Erza's back in the Heaven's Tower arc, Millianna.

But I'm guessing Kagura will face Erza at some point, most likely. Depending on the run length of the manga, though, it might just be an unfinished fight or draw now, to be resolved later. Of course, if he doesn't plan for a mage to fight twice, then Erza just might face Milianna, who would have to be stronger at this point. But I don't consider that too likely, so the only remaining option is for Milli to be beat by someone (possibly from Sabertooth), which means Erza will be thinking about vengeance. And after this, Sabertooth might be looking for some payback to inflict on Mermaid Tail, especially if Kagura takes Yukino in to their guild.

Anyway, this arc has me really hooked, more so than any other arc so far. If I'm reading all the signs right, this arc promises to be a real eye-opener.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 18:27   Link #8016
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

Am I the only one who thinks that Sting has something for Yukino, if you know what i mean
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 18:50   Link #8017
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And as someone mentioned, the tournament ends on July 7th, which was the day the dragons disappeared... and Lucy's mother died.
Common misconception. The date Lucy's mother died is unknown, only the year is known.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 18:58   Link #8018
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Common misconception. The date Lucy's mother died is unknown, only the year is known.
Point. But considering she died the same year, I'm willing to bet there is a connection.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 19:41   Link #8019
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...Wow, That fight was much awesomeness. Kagura has instantly shot up in the rankings because of this...XD

Kagura reminds me of someone from one of the console RPG games but I can't remember which one... Anyway, I was wondering why Mashima was going to focus on this fight and I see it was to showcase both these lovely girls. I must say this, even if Mashima's story skills aren't S-rank, his characters/ creation skills certainly are.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-04-20 at 20:13.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 01:18   Link #8020
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Common misconception, Layla disappeared, she didn't die (despite having a tombstone). Bet she was needed to cook at the dragon's feast :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen