AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-24, 09:33   Link #9441
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
It wasn't as awesome as I imagined but I'll take it.
__________________
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:15   Link #9442
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Good chapter. However very tame and "fan safe" I guess.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:45   Link #9443
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
1. who is the girl on the cover?
2. I don't that is Zeref under the hood.
3. i think gemma is weak. Remember sabertooth didn't became a strong guild till after tthe 2 slayers join.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:50   Link #9444
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. who is the girl on the cover?
2. I don't that is Zeref under the hood.
3. i think gemma is weak. Remember sabertooth didn't became a strong guild till after the 2 slayers join.
1.) One of the main characters of the Fairy Tail movie
2.) Who knows, we will have to wait and see
3.) Actually they didn't become strong until all the 5 of it's current tournament team members (Unless Minerva was a part of ST, from the beginning) joined them, apart from that, you're claim is most likely correct.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:18   Link #9445
unameit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
It's a good build up and ending overall but I got one major problem.. the way natsu dominating them.. That's just a usual punch, kick and roar and they easily got hit.. wtf?!

it didn't make sense a while ago natsu got all owned up by dragon force and minutes later without any 'change', he got no problem dealing with 2 of those...

It would be far more logical if he enters some kind of mode to dominate those 2 dragons or an explanation on why he suffered the dragon force hit in the 1st place, he could say he was just wanted to tested out df power so he played dumb that time..

But if it's the latter option, than natsu is way overpowered and sabertooth is a joke..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:24   Link #9446
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
it didn't make sense a while ago natsu got all owned up by dragon force and minutes later without any 'change', he got no problem dealing with 2 of those...

.
he wasn't own.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:24   Link #9447
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Poor idiots from RT, the lack experience, just because you have a gun it doesn't makes you a cowboy .

Again, I really think their dragons got killed only because they even tried to protect themselves and let the idiots to kill them.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:34   Link #9448
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
It was fairly obvious how this chapter would go, but I have one major problem with it...

According to Mavis, there is a wall with just power, but that can be overcome with feelings... what the hell was wrong with Lucy, then? Didn't her feelings count for something? In that case, it looked like power was greater than feelings. I kinda hate it when author's use sentiments like these, because they never apply them equally or consider the larger ramifications.

I really wish Mashima hadn't used her just as a blatant plot device to anger Natsu. He didn't need to. He would have been fired up enough over Yukino, and ST's general attitude.

Anyway, apparently either a different Zeref, or someone like Zeref, is coming. Back to wondering what will happen next.
No, Lucy really lacks own power, without her keys everyone can guess how it ends for her. She really needs more proper magic to use herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Gajeel should have been the one to fight here and overpower Sting and Rouge. I mean, Natsu is going to get his hands on Big Bad anyway, why not make this Gajeel's fight? His feelings are the same as Natsu's. I liked Natsu's final attack though.
What if the Big Bad happens to be Lucy after joining dark side?

Then really will be a wall there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
got to agree with this one whole heart. if the power of feelings was true, lucy's feeling of being beaten up shoulld have brought everyone of her spirits to give minerva beating of a lifetime.
Like Aquarius did?

__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:14   Link #9449
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Eclaire cover <3 Possible Zeref comeback, since nobody (else) cries at the sight of Natsu, cool fight. So, Natsu held his word and kicked both their asses solo after seeing their moves, loved it. CRY LECTOR, CRYYYY! Apparently their Dragon Force was incomplete, wonder if they'll be given any more focus after this tournament...

Btw, final score:
- Fairy Tail 45 pt.
- Sabertooth 44 pt.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:59   Link #9450
Lunarskylar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon
it's odd, because this is the first time i can recall natsu actually dominating in a fight, not strugglinggg like hell.

didn't like the chapter, only because it felt too short... i got gotten too used to the 28+ chapters

also don't like how all of hte backstory is dedicated to sting, no reason for rogue's motivation, but i guess when he heel-face-turns, we'll get that story

yea the lack of lightning dragon force is just wow, but i guess natsu had some internal power up, like.... resolve? kubo's been creeping on mashima's studio again. or even natsu channelled us, the fans' desire to see an asswhooping, and channeled that into firepower (see what i did there?)

i know mashima's emphasizing the whole, "fighting for other's gives you more strength than just fighting for yourself' theme, as well as the fact that natsu is more experienced than them both, and i guess you can factor in that they had used up alot of their strength getting asswhooped earlier (plus, did they even use dragon force this chapter?) but, it still feels like an asspull win, how exactly did natsu accomplish this?

maybe zeref will explain it to us though, so it stops tasting so much like an overdose of deus ex mashima

*reread it, and wow they were in df mode the entire chapter... couldn't tell
__________________

Last edited by Lunarskylar; 2012-08-24 at 14:09.
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:05   Link #9451
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I think Sting and Rogue dragon parents fake their death so Sting and Rogue wont spend their life looking for them.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:13   Link #9452
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
it still feels like an asspull win, how exactly did natsu accomplish this?
I'd like to say that 2nd origin is just THAT strong. Don't forget, Lucy was about to pull hax magic too, but as always magic nullification is on another level...Kana also activated Fairy Glitter properly this time, so it's not too hard to imagine Natsu being strong enough to handle the ST duo.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:18   Link #9453
Lunarskylar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd like to say that 2nd origin is just THAT strong. Don't forget, Lucy was about to pull hax magic too, but as always magic nullification is on another level...Kana also activated Fairy Glitter properly this time, so it's not too hard to imagine Natsu being strong enough to handle the ST duo.
yes, but at the same time i was under the implications that the reason they needed 2nd origin is because all the fighters of the current era had unlocked it themselves over the past 7 years. in fact it was implied that erza had already unlocked hers (which is why she wasn't in any pain after ultear unlocked hers), so everyone on the erza s-class level should have 2nd origin

so naturally, the top 5 of sabertooth should have unlocked their 2nd origins too, it would be weird for them to be at the top without it
__________________
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:21   Link #9454
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
I understand people's gripes but I am thankful that Natsu didn't struggle for once. We all knew from the start of Fairy Tail that Natsu was going to be one of the strongest characters by the end of the series.

Also, there is no proof how strong Sting and Rogue really were since Fairy Tail was gone for 7 years and this is the first time they were actually tested that we know of! Just because you run your mouth a lot doesn't make you the strongest. Sting and Rogue talked the talk but Natsu walked the walk lol.

Ultear gave Natsu what probably amounts to a HUGE powerup. Since Natsu probably has one of the highest potentials in the entire story, he really should be showing signs of really powering up big time.
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:48   Link #9455
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So, what did the white and shadow dragons die of? Laughter?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:56   Link #9456
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Hey guys, I wanna invite you all to the campfire over at OM right now, SO MUCH flames of hate for this chapter over there, I love it^^. Anyhoo, back on topic, I think Mavis kinda crossed the fourth wall there and basically said to all the haters, yeah we trollin, you mad? Hell, I think her reaction to the Dragon farts of these 2 was like, *monotone*omagah, dragon force, better look shocked to sell this.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:00   Link #9457
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
yes, but at the same time i was under the implications that the reason they needed 2nd origin is because all the fighters of the current era had unlocked it themselves over the past 7 years. in fact it was implied that erza had already unlocked hers (which is why she wasn't in any pain after ultear unlocked hers), so everyone on the erza s-class level should have 2nd origin

so naturally, the top 5 of sabertooth should have unlocked their 2nd origins too, it would be weird for them to be at the top without it
Uhm...no. I don't know what you read, but 2nd origin has only recently been discovered. NOBODY other then the FT people who got upgraded by Ultear have 2nd origin. Natsu, Erza, Wendy, Lucy and Gray (maybe Jellal) are the ONLY people in the tournament that have 2nd origin.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:30   Link #9458
classic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
.

Also, there is no proof how strong Sting and Rogue really were since Fairy Tail was gone for 7 years and this is the first time they were actually tested that we know of! Just because you run your mouth a lot doesn't make you the strongest. Sting and Rogue talked the talk but Natsu walked the walk lol.
We had the proof in last chapter. Rember this great doublepage explosions by Sting and Rogue which blew arena like bubble-gum while Erza, Gray and other were mumbling about how powerfull they are. But what we see? For Natsu it is just piece of cake.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 17:11   Link #9459
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
man... I still can't get over how Natsu can beat these guys so easily after a timeskip with lack of training.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 17:53   Link #9460
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Well, you know how Igneel, Metalicana, and Grandiney taught their kids other stuff besides fighting? They were like their school, teaching them all about language, history, etc. That was Sting and Rogue's mistake. They killed their dragons because they didn't want to go to school, that's why their thinking and logic capabilities are at dur hurr hurr level.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.