AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 23:29   Link #11381
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
She rewind time by 1 minute, but before that minute, she was elsewhere.....and not cast the spell yet...........TIME PARADOX!

So after that minute, past Ultear will walk up to the same spot and see future Ultear's body and no need to cast Last Aegis = she lives!!!!
Pleeeeaaase don't give Mashima ideas x( It would really suck if such a calamity would claim zero lives from the good guys side. Not that I hate Urtear. She's quite an interesting repentant villain. For all I care Macao and Droy could stay dead, because someone has to Just to make things more realistic.

But then again, if Mashima really wanted Urtear to live he'd most likely go by Urtear's past self surviving.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 23:45   Link #11382
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Pleeeeaaase don't give Mashima ideas x( It would really suck if such a calamity would claim zero lives from the good guys side. Not that I hate Urtear. She's quite an interesting repentant villain. For all I care Macao and Droy could stay dead, because someone has to Just to make things more realistic.

But then again, if Mashima really wanted Urtear to live he'd most likely go by Urtear's past self surviving.
Actually you don't have to worry about that since Mashima used Hades to explain that Last Ages rewinds time for everything except the user, well since it uses the user's time (in other words life) to activate.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 04:18   Link #11383
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Let's not get into the Time Paradox silliness. Let's just assume it works.

It's pretty safe to assume that Last Aegis is a magic that has an incredibly high cost. 1-minute compared to the rest of someone's life is a pretty terrible ratio, but in this instance it worked because Gray (and a few others from the look of it) had just died.

But yeah, I think we all saw this coming.
Old 2013-06-15, 06:43   Link #11384
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Predictable, but mostly OP magic...assuming Ultear had another 60 years of life, it's enough for 31536000 minutes of individual consciousness. Can the FT world only have 3.15 million lives? If not, then this magic breaks the fundamental principles of equivalent exchange :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Isn't Ultear's technique a Rave Master reference? In Rave, "Last Ages" is supposed to be a spell that makes the user stronger, but also makes them age rapidly; they literally say the user sacrifices their "time".

Spoiler:
It is, cue to the book's source being the town of the time keepers from RAVE. Which may be the first direct reference to the rave master world :O
Old 2013-06-15, 08:56   Link #11385
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Why couldn't it be Jellal? *sigh* C'mon Mashima, free Erza of the torment.

Anywho, whether its Gray or Ultear, as long as they STAY DEAD and do not come back by wishing on the Seven Dragon Balls I will be content. Fairy Tail is long overdue a dead character that does not come back.
Yup i agree. Why can't it be Jellal. To be honest when i first saw Jellal i expected great things from him seeing that he was based on Sieghart but now i want him eliminated from the story.
Old 2013-06-15, 09:38   Link #11386
kitten320

I thought Pein arc in Naruto had taught authors a lesson but no! Mashima did almost exactly same thing as Kishimoto!

And if no one actually dies like in Bleach's war, this will be just.... UGH!

Just what are you doing Mashima?!
Old 2013-06-15, 09:46   Link #11387
Kafriel
Senior Guest

At least Mashima did it in one go, he didn't leave corpses lying around for 30 chapters just to revive them at the end of the arc...
Old 2013-06-15, 10:00   Link #11388
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
At least Mashima did it in one go, he didn't leave corpses lying around for 30 chapters just to revive them at the end of the arc...
It doesn't change the fact that it's a used plot.
Old 2013-06-15, 21:58   Link #11389
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I thought Pein arc in Naruto had taught authors a lesson but no! Mashima did almost exactly same thing as Kishimoto!

And if no one actually dies like in Bleach's war, this will be just.... UGH!

Just what are you doing Mashima?!
You do realize that Future Lucy is still dead, right? And that we were unlikely to finish this with more than nameless fodder dead regardless, right? Also there's a very big difference between four mortally wounded people being saved, and the sort of mass resurrection that Kishimoto did.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 22:06   Link #11390
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
It doesn't change the fact that it's a used plot.
What kind of plot isn't?

And to make it so that the previously dead people could see the future and avoid their deaths of their own volition, while not the way I would have liked it to happen, is not something I had in mind for what would happen, and certainly better than the scenario I feared the worst for.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 01:39   Link #11391
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Sounds like people here want an anime-Berserk type of ending... okay, maybe not one THAT harsh

And as for those complaining about Jellal... he will NEVER be killed off. And the reason for that is simple- Mashima regrets killing Seig off more than any other character he's ever created.

Of course, watch some asspull occur where Ultear comes back to life after all... I'm guessing I'm the only one who reads this and actually wants as few dead people as possible? (Then again, I'm also sure I'm one of the few who liked the ressurection in the Mai-Hime anime, but that's a completely different topic)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 05:53   Link #11392
Casshern

I don't like deaths in shonen either. Gray was too much. I would have been ok with Macao. I don't like that Ultear died. For the others, Droi and quattro puppy dude, I didn't really care tbh. Was Gajeel supposed to die too? That part confused me. I didn't want him to die either.

Actually I do hope that Ultear is brought back.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:08   Link #11393
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
You do realize that Future Lucy is still dead, right? And that we were unlikely to finish this with more than nameless fodder dead regardless, right? Also there's a very big difference between four mortally wounded people being saved, and the sort of mass resurrection that Kishimoto did.
Why should I care about future Lucy? She would be non existent anyway once the present got changed. Her death was sad but it didn't really change anything. Once future got changed, she would disappear.

Now if it was a present Lucy that died, we would have a different topic.

I don't want mass deaths but when you have massive dragons destroying everything in their way and everything is in ruins, it is really hard to imagine everyone surviving without any consequences.
Old 2013-06-16, 10:47   Link #11394
saravis

Quote:
Why should I care about future Lucy? She would be non existent anyway once the present got changed. Her death was sad but it didn't really change anything. Once future got changed, she would disappear.
Wouldn't that mean she wouldn't be around to warn...oh screw it, stupid time travel paradoxes.

As for the issue of Shonen cheapening deaths by unexpectedly bringing them back, One Piece, as much as I love that show, was the worst with that. I'm talking about the Hawk (or was it a Falcon) Guy. That sacrifice scene was one of the most touching scenes in all of anime and they brought him back with ZERO explanation as to how. So I can forgive Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tail, as they at least provide an explanation.
Old 2013-06-16, 15:45   Link #11395
Krono

Quote:
The future had already changed. Once she came back in time, history changed creating Future Rogue's future. She did not disappear. So yeah, the future changing was not likely going to disappear her.

Quote:
I don't want mass deaths but when you have massive dragons destroying everything in their way and everything is in ruins, it is really hard to imagine everyone surviving without any consequences.
As much fodder as Mashima wants can die off panel. He's just not interested in killing off multiple named characters just because. As it stands, he demonstrated how easy it would be for the battle to kill some of them, then rewound time to give them knowledge one minute into the future to save their lives.

It's also serving as the start of a butterfly effect. Giving people a one minute do over saved multiple people, and is going to turn the tide of the battle towards the humans. Basically the sort of critical changes to history that Future Lucy and Future Rogue accomplished by time traveling using the great power of the Eclipse Gate, Ultear just accomplished entirely on her own.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:23   Link #11396
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
As for the issue of Shonen cheapening deaths by unexpectedly bringing them back, One Piece, as much as I love that show, was the worst with that. I'm talking about the Hawk (or was it a Falcon) Guy. That sacrifice scene was one of the most touching scenes in all of anime and they brought him back with ZERO explanation as to how. So I can forgive Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tail, as they at least provide an explanation.
So I guess I really am the only one who LOVED that the falcon guy lived? And then there's the character who really did die, and on-screen too, but that's for the One Piece forums and as a friend pointed out to me, there was an EXTREMELY good reason for his death.

There's really only two times that I like characters dying in shounen: the evil SOB's who deserve to die (ultear doesn't qualify as she was reformed... hell, I suppose that at least half of the bad guys have been reformed in this series), and then the old characters who can still kick plenty of ass, who sacrifice themselves taking out armies of characters (which is still one of the most epic ways to die ever)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:39   Link #11397
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So I guess I really am the only one who LOVED that the falcon guy lived? And then there's the character who really did die, and on-screen too, but that's for the One Piece forums and as a friend pointed out to me, there was an EXTREMELY good reason for his death.

There's really only two times that I like characters dying in shounen: the evil SOB's who deserve to die (ultear doesn't qualify as she was reformed... hell, I suppose that at least half of the bad guys have been reformed in this series), and then the old characters who can still kick plenty of ass, who sacrifice themselves taking out armies of characters (which is still one of the most epic ways to die ever)
Fullmetal Alchemist had some damn great deaths.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:39   Link #11398
G147

On Mashima's twitter on 12 June.
[来週も悲しい話かもしれない。] - Next week may be another sad story.

So maybe we can expect something that can make us cry this week as well.
Old 2013-06-18, 12:33   Link #11399
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
On Mashima's twitter on 12 June.
[来週も悲しい話かもしれない。] - Next week may be another sad story.

So maybe we can expect something that can make us cry this week as well.
The "next week" he was talking about then was chapter 335.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:13   Link #11400
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The "next week" he was talking about then was chapter 335.
Chapter 335 was released on June 14, why the hell would he write "next week" when it's going to be release in 2 day after the tweet.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen