AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-19, 04:50   Link #11921
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
None, END is still in the book and is their leader.
that makes zero sense at all. all the demons are from the book and END is their master I see zero reason to believe that END isn't alive and well.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 04:55   Link #11922
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
destroyed council isn't surprising... we never see their actual power... maybe they're not really strong at all
and... Fairy Tail doesn't have reason to be angry... Council isn't their nakama... just abandon them..

well, the true identity of Tartaros members as demon isn't surprising. Mashima loved to put demon as final opponents.
I don't like this kind of sudden development... it didn't give any vibe as last battle... should put a more careful and proper step-by-step development in every arc like what Mashima did in RAVE master.

9 powerful demons means they will face Erza-Jellal (they should teamed up), Gray-Juvia (should teamed up as well), Natsu, Lucy, Gajeel-Levy, Mirajane, Luxus, Gildartz-Kana, Wendy
good setup actually...
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 05:56   Link #11923
G147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Why go for such plain and boring pairings, go for a different one will ya, like Erza-Kagura, Natsu-Sting, Gajeel-Rogue, Gray-Lyon/Rufus, Lucy-Yukino, etc. Have the GMG opponents team up with each other.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 07:23   Link #11924
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
There is going to be Erza-Minerva pairing in every sense of the word Mashima just about confirmed it with their last fight.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 11:35   Link #11925
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Seeing how everyone was talking about Sabertooth, I say the odds of them appearing in this arc have increased exponentially.

Also, I was wondering: seeing how Kyouka looks kinda like Mira's Satan Soul form, wouldn't it be crazy if Mira fought her and it turned out Kyouka knew the demon Mira got her powers from?
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 14:08   Link #11926
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
It would be worse if Mira 'stole' the demon powers from one of Kyouka's younger sisters.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 08:23   Link #11927
ReinhartX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
so the current head count?

Dark Guild
Tartaros 9 Demons + E.N.D Leader
Oracision Seis 6 members (i assume they are returning)
Raven Tail
Minerva + Daddeh

vs

Light Guild
Fairy Tail
Mermaid Heel
Blue Peaguses
Lamia Scale
Sabertooth
should i count puppy??
Jellal and Meredy

To be confirmed
4 Gods of ishval (i honestly dont think all 4 are good guys)

lets the blood spill begin =w=
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 10:36   Link #11928
G147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
so the current head count?

Dark Guild
Tartaros 9 Demons + E.N.D Leader
Oracision Seis 6 members (i assume they are returning)
Raven Tail
Minerva + Daddeh

vs

Light Guild
Fairy Tail
Mermaid Heel
Blue Peaguses
Lamia Scale
Sabertooth
should i count puppy??
Jellal and Meredy

To be confirmed
4 Gods of ishval (i honestly dont think all 4 are good guys)

lets the blood spill begin =w=
Ravel Tail already got disbanded so out of the equation. I doubt Oracion Seis would team with Tartaros at this point. Minerva and Jiemma, not sure what happened to those two. The Legal Guild are probably around that of your list unless Tartaros disposed/eliminated some of them. As for the 4 Gods of Ishval, they are probably just some crazy old geezers like Walrod Cken.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 01:14   Link #11929
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Ravel Tail already got disbanded so out of the equation. I doubt Oracion Seis would team with Tartaros at this point. Minerva and Jiemma, not sure what happened to those two. The Legal Guild are probably around that of your list unless Tartaros disposed/eliminated some of them. As for the 4 Gods of Ishval, they are probably just some crazy old geezers like Walrod Cken.
I don't think Raven Tail is out of commission just yet.
I do agree about Oracion Seis though. I even think some of their members will shift to the good side (like Cobra and Angel)
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 01:23   Link #11930
Candeloro1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Mashima maid genderbent Leone from Akame Ga Kiru.

Jackal looks exactly like Leone if she would be male.
Candeloro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 02:22   Link #11931
ALPHA-Beatrice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I don't think Raven Tail is out of commission just yet.
I do agree about Oracion Seis though. I even think some of their members will shift to the good side (like Cobra and Angel)
True, that's always a possibility. But IMO this season's shaping up to be real good. Potentially Tenroujima-like Arc all over again .

Speaking of Tenroujima, I feel like the loss of Grimoire Heart was far too early if Mashi was gonna go for this mega dark vs light war.

In fact, it would have been better to write Zeref as this dark evil-maniac(Instead of half-somewhat, half not) and joining Grimoire. I mean, after all, he created these super demons of destruction.

I don't buy the crap that he suddenly has remorse for his epic killing powers. Besides, we need a true big bad in the series.

Perfect Cell(DBZ), Light Yagami(Death Note), Aizen Sousuke(Bleach). Those animes wouldn't have nearly been as good without those characters. (Freeza as well to a great extent).

All animes need their major antagonist. Especially if he's well-written and developed. Minerva had a bunch of potential, but Mashi killed her off too fast(besides, a female antagonist would be awesome).
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 12:34   Link #11932
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and... Fairy Tail doesn't have reason to be angry... Council isn't their nakama... just abandon them..
There are people being killed because of the whims of a few assholes. Fairy Tail always gets angry when people get killed by the whims of a few assholes. That's just who they are.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 15:26   Link #11933
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
Minerva had a bunch of potential, but Mashi killed her off too fast(besides, a female antagonist would be awesome).
Pretty sure that Minerva's not dead, and she was never major antagonist material, much less final villain material anyways.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:48   Link #11934
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
All animes need their major antagonist. Especially if he's well-written and developed. Minerva had a bunch of potential, but Mashi killed her off too fast(besides, a female antagonist would be awesome).
Why'd you give up on Minerva so fast? Why assume she was unworthy of that demon lady's power?
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 11:02   Link #11935
CamDaDarkWizard
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Pretty sure Minerva was behind Kyouka in the last page of chapter 356.. She's still an antagonist to Erza..
CamDaDarkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 11:10   Link #11936
CamDaDarkWizard
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
True, that's always a possibility. But IMO this season's shaping up to be real good. Potentially Tenroujima-like Arc all over again .

Speaking of Tenroujima, I feel like the loss of Grimoire Heart was far too early if Mashi was gonna go for this mega dark vs light war.

In fact, it would have been better to write Zeref as this dark evil-maniac(Instead of half-somewhat, half not) and joining Grimoire. I mean, after all, he created these super demons of destruction.

I don't buy the crap that he suddenly has remorse for his epic killing powers. Besides, we need a true big bad in the series.

Perfect Cell(DBZ), Light Yagami(Death Note), Aizen Sousuke(Bleach). Those animes wouldn't have nearly been as good without those characters. (Freeza as well to a great extent).

All animes need their major antagonist. Especially if he's well-written and developed. Minerva had a bunch of potential, but Mashi killed her off too fast(besides, a female antagonist would be awesome).

Cell and Aizen? You give them too much credit.. Cell was a great villain(till he became "perfect") but Frieza was the best villain in the series and one of the best in anime/manga imo. Everything after him went from very good(Cell) to very bad(Buu)

Soul Society Aizen was a great villain.. After that his personality and character dropped because of Kubo trying to hard to make Aizen " the perfect villain" then condom and Butterfly Aizen happened and well Aizen lost his former glory..

Minerva is alive(obviously) Hiro would've never hinted at a big battle between them if she couldn't handle Kyouka's reinforment magic
CamDaDarkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 18:52   Link #11937
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
And let's face it, Minerva needs the powerup given how she was beaten up by a wounded, exhausted Erza during their last major fight in the tournament.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 19:09   Link #11938
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
Pretty sure Minerva was behind Kyouka in the last page of chapter 356.. She's still an antagonist to Erza..
Minerva's a demon from the Book of Zeref?

Unless there are actually eight members of the "Nine Demon Gates", two of whom are expressly stated to be absent from that shot.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 22:27   Link #11939
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
Pretty sure Minerva was behind Kyouka in the last page of chapter 356.. She's still an antagonist to Erza..
I thought that at first but no, that's not her
she just look like her
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 21:30   Link #11940
ALPHA-Beatrice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
Cell and Aizen? You give them too much credit.. Cell was a great villain(till he became "perfect") but Frieza was the best villain in the series and one of the best in anime/manga imo. Everything after him went from very good(Cell) to very bad(Buu)

Soul Society Aizen was a great villain.. After that his personality and character dropped because of Kubo trying to hard to make Aizen " the perfect villain" then condom and Butterfly Aizen happened and well Aizen lost his former glory..

Minerva is alive(obviously) Hiro would've never hinted at a big battle between them if she couldn't handle Kyouka's reinforment magic
Really? Given the last chapter I read, I thought Kyouka killed her off-screen. Well, good to see if she's still alive.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I acknowledge the flaws in Cell/Aizen, but they were at the time of their creation pretty badass characters.

I also agree that Butterfly Aizen degraded Aizen. Not even using his Shikai, let alone any such techniques. I feel like the fight was poorly written, the characterization of butterfly Aizen was also horribly done.

If you wanted to go with the angelic/god-theme, then try actually making him look as such .

Maybe Perfect Cell wore off initially, but when Cell revived and became Super Perfect Cell, you can't tell me you didn't get the chills.

"I am the universe's end!"

I just like characters that are epic(even arrogant) and pose a threat to the protagonist.

Kid Buu only had one of these(epic) and the plotting of the fight wasn't all that good but chaotic neutral characters are awesome.

(Okay, so this is becoming more of an anime general post than a FT Post).

The reason I loved FT is because Mashi put alot of effort into the characters, the story of FT made me think of what it means to belong to a family and how we all gotta stick together.

I thought FT hit it's climax at Tenroujima. Then it declined up until hopefully this point.
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.