AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-01-19, 08:23   Link #12201
classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
Laxus's squad rarely gets screentime.. And when they do its against someone obviously above their level(Tempesta) they're out of commission because they were infected by his curse
One can make people into stone, another can take control over their bodies, third is able to write runes which even guild masters can`t undone and is able turn himself into a demon with powerfull abilities. Pretty much high level if you ask me. But yeah Mahima should have cheat and got rid of them and Laxus by using "curse".
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 09:42   Link #12202
Eragon
I got you babe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Oh wow... an official yuri pairing in FT? That's new.

And for those who are not happy with yuri... why? Gays are part of our daily lives just like straight people. Where I live I see gays almost every day. Denying gays in fiction is the same as denying them in real world - discrimination.
Just because someone is gay doesn't make them less human or whatever.
Just get over it.
I would be the last person to ever complain about gay characters in anime but, what I find really aggravating is Mashima's portrayal of them. He introduced a gay pairing (can we even call it that yet ?) in a group of devils (like literally). He has had an infinite number of opportunities to introduce a gay pairing in FT till now - hell, ErzaXMira is more legit than this Jellal-Erza shit - and he didn't.

What this tells the audience is that, gays can only exist in groups like Tartaros. Normal people can't be gay.

So, yes I do have a problem with his placement of these characters rather than their existence (unlike some others).
Old 2014-01-20, 15:55   Link #12203
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Um, okay... 0.o I think you're reading something that just isn't there. Expressing disdain over an imagined slight doesn't help anyone. Honestly, grow some thicker skin instead of being susceptible to every little thing that offends you.
Old 2014-01-20, 17:40   Link #12204
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I would be the last person to ever complain about gay characters in anime but, what I find really aggravating is Mashima's portrayal of them. He introduced a gay pairing (can we even call it that yet ?) in a group of devils (like literally). He has had an infinite number of opportunities to introduce a gay pairing in FT till now - hell, ErzaXMira is more legit than this Jellal-Erza shit - and he didn't.

What this tells the audience is that, gays can only exist in groups like Tartaros. Normal people can't be gay.

So, yes I do have a problem with his placement of these characters rather than their existence (unlike some others).
What about Freed? He likes-likes Laxus and in that omake, he looked pretty interested in the nude spread of Blue Pegasus' males. Also, you have to look at this from the timeline of the series. It's medieval times, and of course something that in this day and age is mostly accepted, back in the day, anything that was different was classified as being from the devil, so in a way, Hiro's portrayal of Kyouka and what'sherface being a couple, implicitly, fits with the train of thought of medieval times, JEZEBELS! HARLEQUINS!, and the devil they work for, or created from, Zeref.

Edit, kinda off-topic: looks like Hiro is going to start a new series: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...w-manga-series

Last edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!; 2014-01-20 at 18:07.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 21:09   Link #12205
Eragon
I got you babe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Um, okay... 0.o I think you're reading something that just isn't there. Expressing disdain over an imagined slight doesn't help anyone. Honestly, grow some thicker skin instead of being susceptible to every little thing that offends you.
Of course this was the response I was gonna get. If you don't see such portrayal as problematic - whether deliberate or not - its your prerogative. I find it problematic because I have seen it way too many times, not just in anime. But hey, when you don't see a problem nobody else should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
What about Freed? He likes-likes Laxus and in that omake, he looked pretty interested in the nude spread of Blue Pegasus' males. Also, you have to look at this from the timeline of the series. It's medieval times, and of course something that in this day and age is mostly accepted, back in the day, anything that was different was classified as being from the devil, so in a way, Hiro's portrayal of Kyouka and what'sherface being a couple, implicitly, fits with the train of thought of medieval times, JEZEBELS! HARLEQUINS!, and the devil they work for, or created from, Zeref.

Edit, kinda off-topic: looks like Hiro is going to start a new series: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...w-manga-series
Freed's wink-wink nudge-nudge is just that. He's used as a comic relief character and nothing else. And just because the setting resembles medieval doesn't mean it has to have the same prejudices. FT is also a fantasy land whose rules are upto Mashima to make.

Anyway, I don't read FT for its social commentary. Mashima and his editor will obviously shell out stuff that they think will make them bucks - which I usually enjoy. That doesn't mean that there won't be times that I or someone else doesn't like the way certain characters get portrayed.
Old 2014-01-21, 00:51   Link #12206
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, don't worry, there's gonna be tons of moments where all the readers aren't gonna agree on something, just wanted to point that out. Topic change, I wonder what Hiro's new series will be about? Part of me wishes he'd continue the monster hunter orage chapters he did, but I know that was just a short.
Old 2014-01-24, 05:10   Link #12207
ShiroiRyu

So ...
It's a future Gray ?
Anyways, i would have returned for Lisanna.

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 05:18   Link #12208
Esclair

New chapter out. No idea how the arc is gonna go now.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 05:22   Link #12209
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
So ...
It's a future Gray ?
Anyways, i would have returned for Lisanna.
That would be interesting to see how Mashima will explain it. If he has any idea who Natsu is, then it would be possible.

Also, is Jellal dead? And more importantly, is everyone happy now?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 05:42   Link #12210
II Maestro

So Jellal will die? And Elfman will destroy FT on the inside?
Old 2014-01-24, 05:55   Link #12211
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

And next chapter is where everything starts turning around and things start going FT's way again.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:04   Link #12212
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea this is definitely odd. So Silvers connection to gray may not be family FT appears to be screwed Jellal is seemingly dead so how will they turn this around
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:25   Link #12213
Jellal
Anime Critic

I'm one of the strongest mages in the universe, do you think I'd lose so easily?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:27   Link #12214
n0m@n
too tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
I'm one of the strongest mages in the universe, do you think I'd lose so easily?
If I think about it, Jellal lost most, if not, all of his battle so far despite being very strong.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:42   Link #12215
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
Well Jellal didn't really lose, he just got blasted through by surprise.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:58   Link #12216
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

dafuq...... NOO!!! I want my Erza X Jellal!! Don't kill Sieghart again, Mashima!! He always and always be my favorite character in every manga you made

and also... considering nothing happen so far between Natsu and Lisanna... maybe Natsu isn't a normal healthy boy after all

It seems only Kana is able to see Elfman through... as expected as one of longest-serving member in FT.. He knows everyone deep down...

poor Erza... She's going to break down soon (physically and mentally coz of Jellal)

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:00   Link #12217
Meltyred

How many times will Mashima kill Jellal?
maybe a few dozen times, he won't die when he is killed... ever.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:21   Link #12218
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and also... considering nothing happen so far between Natsu and Lisanna... maybe Natsu isn't a normal healthy boy after all

poor Erza... She's going to break down soon (physically and mentally coz of Jellal)
u do realize that this girl was tortured in the tower of heaven as a child I suspect she's received abuse just as bad when she was their I wouldn't be concerned about that.

as for natsu when u were raised by dragons you lose all ideals of normal right there. Most of us here would've nailed her two or three times before now if we were natsu. (Whether you think lisanna or lucy deserves to be with natsu idc but u cant deny that both are very attractive I personally give lisanna a slight edge in the attractiveness)
Plus his hands are tied literally and figuratively.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:26   Link #12219
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Jellal got killed/seriously injured by a Dragonball homage, of all things...
Old 2014-01-24, 07:58   Link #12220
Eragon
I got you babe.

Jellal is going to die ?........YES! YES! YES!

Much better chapter than the last few.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen