AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 02:59   Link #12241
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nice chapter, so much stuff going on all at once! Natsu still doing nothing though kinda funny that Silver would give an entire article to Lisanna but not a measly ol' scarf to Natsu...anyway. Elfman doesn't have what it takes to blast the guild, but since he brought home some nukes, the situation changes. It's been awfully one-sided for a while now, so just maybe this will result in an Elfman vs Canna (who, of course, follows fishy Elfman to investigate his suspicious behavior).

Erza is not just getting tortured, her sensitivity to pain has been increased many times over...at which point, a single punch must be like getting hit by a car. I'd count her out for this arc. No clue what happened to Mira yet, either.

Aaaaand for the big finish, Jellal gets hit by Zero's special beam cannon At least it didn't pierce his heart, so he can survive this...just a flesh wound.

On Silver's identity: being future!Gray or even a parallel universe version is plausible, but why not stick to good old daddy figure? Simple is often the best style to work with.
Old 2014-01-25, 03:41   Link #12242
cyberdemon

Future gray isn't really possible since they destroyed the gate
Old 2014-01-25, 04:06   Link #12243
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Time travel can take place at any given time in the present, because in one of the possible futures, other forms of time travel may have been discovered - it's always kind of messy though.
Old 2014-01-27, 21:35   Link #12244
immblueversion

I brought this up in the anime thread, but I didn't want to go into detail at the risk of spoiling those who still haven't read the manga, so I'll do that here:

The upcoming anime has a new website that seems to pretty much confirm the already obvious: it will be picking up where the first anime left off in the middle of the GMG arc. It even has a cast page confirming more than just the returning actors for the main characters; it's listed practically everyone from Fairy Tail, some of the Sabertooth guys, and then some. But what I've found most intriguing is the inclusion of Flare, even though she doesn't show up again in the GMG arc after the first anime's cap-off point (her apology scene with Lucy at Ryuzetsu Land already showed up in the fifth OVA). This could mean at least one of two things: either this is a subtle confirmation that the new anime will continue past the GMG arc and cover at least up to the Sun Village arc; or it will somehow work Flare into the GMG arc, possibly to reinforce how she and Lucy parted on good terms for those who missed the OVA. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Lucy to be as defensive of Flare as she is when she shows up at Fairy Tail.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 06:43   Link #12245
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Erza is not just getting tortured, her sensitivity to pain has been increased many times over...at which point, a single punch must be like getting hit by a car. I'd count her out for this arc.
I wouldn't. Massive damage is usually Erza's cue to do something balls-out badass, and she needs to recover some cred here Plus there are too many demon generals that need matchups.

I have to wonder if the pain setting only works when Kyouka's exerting it, or if it sticks around when she leaves the room. Maybe her suicide move makes it permanent (if it isn't already). That would suck.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 10:25   Link #12246
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I brought this up in the anime thread, but I didn't want to go into detail at the risk of spoiling those who still haven't read the manga, so I'll do that here:

The upcoming anime has a new website that seems to pretty much confirm the already obvious: it will be picking up where the first anime left off in the middle of the GMG arc. It even has a cast page confirming more than just the returning actors for the main characters; it's listed practically everyone from Fairy Tail, some of the Sabertooth guys, and then some. But what I've found most intriguing is the inclusion of Flare, even though she doesn't show up again in the GMG arc after the first anime's cap-off point (her apology scene with Lucy at Ryuzetsu Land already showed up in the fifth OVA). This could mean at least one of two things: either this is a subtle confirmation that the new anime will continue past the GMG arc and cover at least up to the Sun Village arc; or it will somehow work Flare into the GMG arc, possibly to reinforce how she and Lucy parted on good terms for those who missed the OVA. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Lucy to be as defensive of Flare as she is when she shows up at Fairy Tail.
Interesting. They don't list the rest of Raven Tail either, so it can't be for purposes of recapping that they list her.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 10:39   Link #12247
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Interesting. They don't list the rest of Raven Tail either, so it can't be for purposes of recapping that they list her.
Then again, they also don't list Orga and Rufus, or anyone from Lamia Scale or Blue Pegasus besides Ichiya.

Old 2014-01-28, 11:40   Link #12248
Krono

Quote:
Then again, they also don't list Orga and Rufus, or anyone from Lamia Scale or Blue Pegasus besides Ichiya.
Hmm, true.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:30   Link #12249
immblueversion

I read the latest Crunchyroll chapter, and Jellal's "last words" were translated as "We are..." I thought Mangastream translated it as "Well" when I first read it, but upon closer inspection, they actually translated it as "We'll", or "We will".

So, could this give weight to the "magic double" theory?

Old 2014-01-29, 21:49   Link #12250
G147

Taken from Mashima's twitter.
今週号の感想ありがとうございます。来週は大変な事態になりますよ。

Translation:
Thank you for your thoughts and comments for this week's issue. Next week, things are going to get bad.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 06:30   Link #12251
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
So, could this give weight to the "magic double" theory?
Oooh so that means Gerard could still be alive
Old 2014-01-31, 04:43   Link #12252
II Maestro

Chapter 369

So it was just an Midnight's illusion and Jellal's true heavenly magic sema is crazy if Jellal used that in the grand magic games wonder how Jura would defend himself with that.

Kyouka sure is a demon killed the ex-chairman now that he has the key to face.
Old 2014-01-31, 05:15   Link #12253
ImperialFlameGod8190

This chapter to me was incredibly bad.
Spoiler for 369:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 05:30   Link #12254
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Chapter 369

So it was just an Midnight's illusion and Jellal's true heavenly magic sema is crazy if Jellal used that in the grand magic games wonder how Jura would defend himself with that.

Kyouka sure is a demon killed the ex-chairman now that he has the key to face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This chapter to me was incredibly bad.
Spoiler for 369:
I really liked the chapter because a lot of things went really really wrong. I liked the development with Jellal, and I thought that what happened with the chairman was predictable... though I question the demon's decision of not keeping Super-archive for later...

Yeah so Silver might be from the alternate world because he knows Lisanna...

Maybe if the demons get released the dragons do as well... if that were true, then they'd have a fighting chance...

I liked this chapter a lot actually, more than the few previous ones. I can't wait for the next chapter: "Demon's Reincarnated"
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 05:58   Link #12255
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I really liked the chapter because a lot of things went really really wrong. I liked the development with Jellal, and I thought that what happened with the chairman was predictable... though I question the demon's decision of not keeping Super-archive for later...

Yeah so Silver might be from the alternate world because he knows Lisanna...

Maybe if the demons get released the dragons do as well... if that were true, then they'd have a fighting chance...

I liked this chapter a lot actually, more than the few previous ones. I can't wait for the next chapter: "Demon's Reincarnated"
A bit amusing your reasoning for liking it is because everything went wrong. I suppose I understand as well

The problem is the whole chapter was fairly predictable and the development with jellal is simply he's alive.

Silver lets not rush to judgement quite yet.
Old 2014-01-31, 06:53   Link #12256
Meltyred

Jellal finally doesn't lose.
Congrats I guess?
Meanwhile the whole world is in deep shit yay.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:12   Link #12257
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
A bit amusing your reasoning for liking it is because everything went wrong. I suppose I understand as well

The problem is the whole chapter was fairly predictable and the development with jellal is simply he's alive.

Silver lets not rush to judgement quite yet.
Jellal did lose his eyes... right? Or can he get them back? There was one picture where he looked like he had them, but I couldn't really tell.

Yeah, with Silver it's still somewhat ambiguous, but even though this chapter was predictable, I'm liking it because of the major set-up we are getting.

FT almost always ends up not being predictable which is why I like it.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:14   Link #12258
Avaricia
My Lord

No hentai fanservice excluding Natsu nudist beach nipples? Best chapter of this arc!!
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:16   Link #12259
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Jellal did lose his eyes... right? Or can he get them back? There was one picture where he looked like he had them, but I couldn't really tell.

Yeah, with Silver it's still somewhat ambiguous, but even though this chapter was predictable, I'm liking it because of the major set-up we are getting.

FT almost always ends up not being predictable which is why I like it.
he crushed his eyes so he's blind.

Silver is ambiguous the major setup was coming its just a matter of when.

As for FT the problem isn't as much predictability as the many deus ex machinas that happen to the popular characters. Natsu for example has had plenty. Jellal has had quite a few. Erza had a few notable ones as well.
Old 2014-01-31, 08:29   Link #12260
CamDaDarkWizard

Quote:
he crushed his eyes so he's blind.

Silver is ambiguous the major setup was coming its just a matter of when.

As for FT the problem isn't as much predictability as the many deus ex machinas that happen to the popular characters. Natsu for example has had plenty. Jellal has had quite a few. Erza had a few notable ones as well.

I fail to see how this chapter was bad.. Plus it seems you need to learn the definition of a deus ex machina cause Midnight using an illusion was clearly not one

You pretty much didn't like the chapter because Jellal lived. That's fine but don't call it something it isn't
CamDaDarkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen