AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 21:22   Link #1421
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
just as long as he doesn't FT its all good in the end I guess.
tell that to mist gun

maybe if Gerard become good, maybe he'll join Luxus? meh~ I dunno

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 21:38   Link #1422
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont really care wether Gerad becomes good or bad, I just dont want him around lol.

He is cool sure, but he always seems too get in the way of our hopes for Natus.
Old 2009-06-01, 21:45   Link #1423
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Wonder what the big announcement will be next issue. I'm with the translator here and hope it's news about an upcoming anime adaption

as for the actual chapter:

Spoiler for 137:
That's what I'm wondering as well, and I just finish having a discussion about it. Damn! All signs points to an anime adaptation. My guess Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto) would be handling it.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 22:10   Link #1424
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
That's what I'm wondering as well, and I just finish having a discussion about it. Damn! All signs points to an anime adaptation. My guess Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto) would be handling it.
And if your guess holds true... then hello end/point/use-less filler arcs.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 22:16   Link #1425
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Wouldn't be so sure about that. I can't think of any Weekly Shōnen Magazine series that were done by Pierrot. I'd say Toei has better chances.

Studio Deen handled Rave Master's anime but I'm not counting on a second Mashima series for them
Old 2009-06-01, 23:19   Link #1426
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
I hope not, otherwise, we'll get crappy animation very soon.

I hope Sunrise does the adaptation, though it's a long shot.
Old 2009-06-01, 23:37   Link #1427
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Wouldn't be so sure about that. I can't think of any Weekly Shōnen Magazine series that were done by Pierrot. I'd say Toei has better chances.

Studio Deen handled Rave Master's anime but I'm not counting on a second Mashima series for them
Toei? Yeah...I don't think that's gonna work for obviously reasons Also GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka was published in Weekly Shonen Magazine and the anime was done by Pierrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
I hope not, otherwise, we'll get crappy animation very soon.

I hope Sunrise does the adaptation, though it's a long shot.
Sunrise wouldn't touch it with a hundred foot pole, it's not even popular enough to warrant it. For everyone dissing Pierrot it could be worst, BEE TRAIN? GONZO?

Last edited by FruitsPunchSamurai; 2009-06-01 at 23:50.
Old 2009-06-01, 23:42   Link #1428
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
And if your guess holds true... then hello end/point/use-less filler arcs.
Dude, any fillers with more Erza and Lucy in them are more than welcome. Fairy tail hasn't got the cliff hanger edge that some other mangas do ( at least for me it doesn't) I actually like the magic, humor, and hot chicks more than anything so (and I don't say this often) I'll even watch the fillers..
Old 2009-06-01, 23:51   Link #1429
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Sunrise wouldn't touch it with a hundred foot pole, it's not even popular enough to warrant it. For everyone dissing Pierrot it could be worst, BEE TRAIN? GONZO?
Why not? They did Inuyasha, Kekkaishi, Gintama. They don't do only Gundam shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Dude, any fillers with more Erza and Lucy in them are more than welcome. Fairy tail hasn't got the cliff hanger edge that some other mangas do ( at least for me it doesn't) I actually like the magic, humor, and hot chicks more than anything so (and I don't say this often) I'll even watch the fillers..
I don't watch/read anime/manga for the hot chicks, so I would prefer no fillers - though it's probably inevitable, depending on when the anime starts.

Besides, there are hot chicks in other anime with filler too, and it doesn't make it any less boring.
Old 2009-06-01, 23:57   Link #1430
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Why not? They did Inuyasha, Kekkaishi, Gintama. They don't do only Gundam shows.
Well Inuyasha and Kekkaishi were published in Shonen Sunday and Gintama in Shonen Jump and since they're gonna pretty damn busy this year I find it hard to believe they'll pick it up since it isn't as popular as the titles you just listed, but you never know I would like them to animate it but let's just lower our standards for now
Old 2009-06-01, 23:59   Link #1431
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Suntise has a tendency to do Mecha anyways... and this sure ain't a mecha series. That, and hal the time if it's not Gundam or other franchise that's been around for a long time, Sunrise can't seem to do it right *coughCodeGeasscough*

The possible studios I'm seeing: SHAFT, Xebec, Toei, or maybe Geneon... some long-shots are 5pb, Lantis (I think they're a company), or Pony Canyon... and at the rate they've been going, gods help us all if GONZO gets their hands on this...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 00:00   Link #1432
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Fillers would actual help give some development to the multitude of secondary characters in the guild and if they make it interesting it really wouldn't be all that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Suntise has a tendency to do Mecha anyways... and this sure ain't a mecha series. That, and hal the time if it's not Gundam or other franchise that's been around for a long time, Sunrise can't seem to do it right *coughCodeGeasscough*

The possible studios I'm seeing: SHAFT, Xebec, Toei, or maybe Geneon... some long-shots are 5pb, Lantis (I think they're a company), or Pony Canyon... and at the rate they've been going, gods help us all if GONZO gets their hands on this...
Good suggestions but I just don't see Toei working on another shonen from shonen magazine after Air Gear bombed and since they're already sitting on a cash-cow, why bother doing something else that's not as popular. There's also TMS Entertainment who did D.Grayman....
Old 2009-06-02, 00:22   Link #1433
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Wonder what the big announcement will be next issue. I'm with the translator here and hope it's news about an upcoming anime adaption

as for the actual chapter:

Spoiler for 137:
An anime adaptation would be most welcome. If Gonzo gets to direct, I am going to write a protest letter. I am not comfortable with the idea of SHAFT directing too, because they often add unnecessary images. Crossing fingers for either Xebec or Toei

Hopefully Gerard won't be a villain again, because seriously,I am getting really bored looking at him. But it is a different story if he is not. I am hoping for a love triangle between him, Ezra and Mystogan
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 01:28   Link #1434
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Well Inuyasha and Kekkaishi were published in Shonen Sunday and Gintama in Shonen Jump and since they're gonna pretty damn busy this year I find it hard to believe they'll pick it up since it isn't as popular as the titles you just listed, but you never know I would like them to animate it but let's just lower our standards for now
It's actually pretty popular among manga readers - more popular than Kekkaishi at least, and I don't know about Gintama or Inuyasha. Anyway, it was just a wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

It is a common misconception that Sunrise only does mecha. The shows I mentioned are just some examples of non-mecha shows they do. Besides, they are one of the few studios that do long-running shounen, apart from Pierrot and Toei.

I don't think the studios you mentioned do any long-running shounen titles. It would be ideal if Bones or Production I.G. or Madhouse were to pick FT up, but I know that's not going to happen, since they don't do any long-running shounen (well, Madhouse did Monster, but it was an exception), so I think Sunrise is a more probable option.

Anyway, we shall see...
Old 2009-06-02, 01:54   Link #1435
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
It's actually pretty popular among manga readers - more popular than Kekkaishi at least, and I don't know about Gintama or Inuyasha. Anyway, it was just a wish.
Don't get me wrong it's popular but not as big as Inuyasha was back a decade ago or Gintama but it usually outsells most of the manga featured in shonen magazine and sunday with the exception of Negima and Detective Conan but it can't compared to the big three of WSJ which usually outsells most manga titles when released and Fairy Tail is usually released afterwards to pick up the top spot. It probably won't get a big named studio like Sunrise or Toei so that's why I suggested either Pierrot or TMS given their status on long running shonen titles, but like you said we'll see infact we maybe getting ahead of ourselves with it being an anime
Old 2009-06-02, 07:49   Link #1436
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Big news next chapter...could it be....
Spoiler:

hopefully not
Old 2009-06-02, 08:24   Link #1437
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Xebec
Dunno. What they did to Negima made me lose any confidence I had in their capability to make any kind of adaption.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 08:56   Link #1438
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Have you seen pandora hearts? It's supposed to be dark and all but I think they overdid it on the "toning down" part.
Old 2009-06-02, 09:41   Link #1439
Knight Hawk
Lurker

I'm i the only one that doesn't want a anime adaption just yet? Fairy Tail's arc's are told in a quick manner that if you aren't paying attention, it will just go SWOOOSHH~! past you. I think they should wait until it has at least 30 volumes. Lastly, Xebec can fucking suck it, bastards butchered Negima.
Old 2009-06-02, 09:56   Link #1440
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, feels kinda early, I suppose they'll do it in a three-arc 26 episode format, if they make one that is...and come back later with OVAs, a second season would need a lot more chapters than this.
P.S: glad I never watched negima, manga ftw^^

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen