AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-06-14, 05:08   Link #1481
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
You know the similarities between FT and OP are that obvious that people forcibly tend to distinguish the two . Still both have qualities that the other one hasn't and i guess you could try to compare them, rate which one's "better" or accuse FT to be a rip-off but i think at the end of the day both are enjoyable pieces of entertainment that are distinguishable enough for both to be popular.
Hey, I never said one was a rip-off of the other.

In fact, for me being similar to One Piece is a very positive thing, since One Piece is my favorite manga. Of course, they are two distinct pieces of work, but one cannot help but note the many similarities between the two. Nevertheless, this doesn't prevent either from being enjoyable.
Old 2009-06-14, 07:46   Link #1482
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Of course, I know some of this can be said about all shounen, I think One Piece and Fairy Tail are much closer in terms of the spirit they are trying to convey - an optimistic, adventurous feeling, which I don't exactly get from Naruto, Bleach, D. Gray man etc...
lol! D. Gray was so damn depressing, with more dead characters than the Eureka 7 genocides. It does have the nakama theme, but it seemed more like they fought moreso out of deperation rather than love for their nakama.
Old 2009-06-14, 09:43   Link #1483
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quoting:
Quote:
which I don't exactly get from Naruto, Bleach, D. Gray man etc...
Gotta agree, DMG is too depressing, although the plot's great.
Old 2009-06-17, 13:20   Link #1484
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Spoiler for 139 RAW:
Old 2009-06-17, 14:29   Link #1485
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Lol, I wish Ur was still around, I'd love to see people's reaction to HER stripping down like that in the middle of a fight.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:33   Link #1486
Xellos-_^
Married

i wonder if Ur daughter (urtear) has the same tendency toward stripping
Old 2009-06-17, 14:46   Link #1487
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i wonder if Ur daughter (urtear) has the same tendency toward stripping
if i remember her last appearance right ...

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 14:57   Link #1488
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Now THIS is how a real battle's meant to be like! That archive magic sure looks nifty, wonder if he can pull a Matt Parkman and plant thoughts in other people's heads too...that would make for another fun fight
Old 2009-06-17, 15:22   Link #1489
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
if i remember her last appearance right ...
the battle between Grey and Urtear will be a stripping contest
Old 2009-06-17, 15:54   Link #1490
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

LOL, so Hibiki's magic can upload information into people's brains at a distance. How cool is that? I wish I could partner up with him during exams.

Also, Racer is all sorts of awesome, with the whole motorcycle theme and everything. Plus, he can take 2 strong mages at the same time. I desperately want him to join Fairy Tail. He has the most unique character design and a great personality to boot! I know he's doomed to lose and I like things to move fast, like they've been doing in this manga, but I don't want him to lose in a lame way.
Old 2009-06-17, 16:02   Link #1491
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Now I want Erza x Lucy...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 16:11   Link #1492
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Last chapter is a bit stupid - making two motorbikes that he is faster on foot. The second one just so his enemy can meet with more people in order to deafet him Oo

This speedracer has just proven to be cliche arrogant villain that shows off so long untill the heroes finds his weakness Oo
Old 2009-06-17, 16:11   Link #1493
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
LOL, so Hibiki's magic can upload information into people's brains at a distance. How cool is that? I wish I could partner up with him during exams.

Also, Racer is all sorts of awesome, with the whole motorcycle theme and everything. Plus, he can take 2 strong mages at the same time. I desperately want him to join Fairy Tail. He has the most unique character design and a great personality to boot! I know he's doomed to lose and I like things to move fast, like they've been doing in this manga, but I don't want him to lose in a lame way.

he will slip on a banana peel
Old 2009-06-17, 16:19   Link #1494
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
This speedracer has just proven to be cliche arrogant villain that shows off so long untill the heroes finds his weakness Oo
Couldn't disagree with you more...

He has a cool character design, cool power and a somewhat carefree attitude - all good points in my book.
Old 2009-06-17, 16:26   Link #1495
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Couldn't disagree with you more...

He has a cool character design, cool power and a somewhat carefree attitude - all good points in my book.
I agree on the design, but the more you see him acts the more it goes into arogant, boosful villain that just tounts his enemies by saying "you can't deafet me" untill they do. This happens a lot to the villain that they shift into cliches. They just seem to not be able to stop falling for cliches, like e.g. explaining his master plan to the fallen hero so he can recover instead of killing him when he has the chance.
Old 2009-06-17, 16:30   Link #1496
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I agree on the design, but the more you see him acts the more it goes into arogant, boosful villain that just tounts his enemies by saying "you can't deafet me" untill they do. This happens a lot to the villain that they shift into cliches. They just seem to not be able to stop falling for cliches, like e.g. explaining his master plan to the fallen hero so he can recover instead of killing him when he has the chance.
Name one shounen villain who doesn't do that.

Shounen is all about cliches. You know the only thing that matters: the Rule of Cool. If it looks cool, it doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not (well, it does, but not as much).

In any case, since originality is rare when it comes to shounen, what's important is the way things are presented. Even though Racer has the stereotypical arrogant villain characteristic, the way he goes about to show it is unique.

Besides, his boasting is completely justified, since he doesn't claim he is the strongest or anything like that. He claims he is the fastest - and nobody else comes close. Anyway, let's see how Gray and Leon will deal with him next chapter.
Old 2009-06-17, 16:32   Link #1497
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he will slip on a banana peel
Or an ice patch. Or possibly an ice banana peel.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 16:38   Link #1498
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Name one shounen villain who doesn't do that.

Shounen is all about cliches. You know the only thing that matters: the Rule of Cool. If it looks cool, it doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not (well, it does, but not as much).

In any case, since originality is rare when it comes to shounen, what's important is the way things are presented. Even though Racer has the stereotypical arrogant villain characteristic, the way he goes about to show it is unique.

Besides, his boasting is completely justified, since he doesn't claim he is the strongest or anything like that. He claims he is the fastest - and nobody else comes close. Anyway, let's see how Gray and Leon will deal with him next chapter.

Just once i like to see a Evil Overlord use the 100 Evil Overlord list of do and don'ts.

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
Old 2009-06-17, 17:37   Link #1499
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Hmm i think his weakness could be a tunnel vision due to his extreme speed making it impossible for him to see attacks from the sides. For example when he chased Natsu+Wendy he didn't see Gray's spell coming but when both Leon and Gray cast on him simultaneously in front of him this chapter he easily dodged their attacks so all they have to do is split up, one attracts his attention the other attacks, it's that easy .
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 17:43   Link #1500
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Hmm i think his weakness could be a tunnel vision due to his extreme speed making it impossible for him to see attacks from the sides. For example when he chased Natsu+Wendy he didn't see Gray's spell coming but when both Leon and Gray cast on him simultaneously in front of him this chapter he easily dodged their attacks so all they have to do is split up, one attracts his attention the other attacks, it's that easy .
Hmm, that's a good idea but I think there's more to it than that. For instance, he already proved that he could handle 2 opponents at the same time.

One idea that I have is that it seems he bounces back and forth in a zig-zag motion. Maybe he's so fast that he has trouble stopping once he gains momentum. So maybe if they eliminate all obstacles around him he'll have no support to direct his attacks.

Of course, that's just a wild guess really. We'll see what it turns out to be.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen