AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-05, 22:18   Link #1741
DeadlySoldier37
The players president
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Annandale, Virginia
Age: 26
All thats missing is for Gerard to come back with a halo on top of his head.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:22   Link #1742
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
*holds lucyXloki flag
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:36   Link #1743
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
um... unless my memory of fairy tail is really messed up, exactly how many times has Gerald come back to life? All I can remember is the recent Wendy heals Gerald.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:57   Link #1744
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
um... unless my memory of fairy tail is really messed up, exactly how many times has Gerald come back to life? All I can remember is the recent Wendy heals Gerald.
Its not so much we're with the small technical details, its really all the same anyway, its just the fact he keeps coming back like so.

plus having this Gerard out of the picture permanently, gives more focus to the more interesting Mistgun.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:05   Link #1745
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Its not so much we're with the small technical details, its really all the same anyway, its just the fact he keeps coming back like so.
I honestly have no idea what you mean by this.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:11   Link #1746
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
um... unless my memory of fairy tail is really messed up, exactly how many times has Gerald come back to life? All I can remember is the recent Wendy heals Gerald.
Twice if you include mistgun as "coming back to life"

Really i don't know why people keep saying he keeps coming back to life when he only came back once really... it's just that their feels like there's a lot of him... we had gerald of the council, Gerald of the tower, mistgun gerald, and now gerald ressurected... and now we are back to just mistgun Gerald

y'know, it feels like mashima only did this because he felt Ezra had no closure with gerald... but honestly, with her monologue at the end of the tower of paradise ark, i felt she had the closure she needed... but that was ruined with mistgun... and this is pointless as the existence of mistgun kinda prevents ezra from getting true closure
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:13   Link #1747
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
um... unless my memory of fairy tail is really messed up, exactly how many times has Gerald come back to life? All I can remember is the recent Wendy heals Gerald.
Just once. He was appearently killed during the Tower of Paradice arc, then there is the mystery of how Mistgun got his face, and now it appears that Gerad sacrificed himself to stop another tower from coming into play. Also, Wendy is still there so he might get healed again before this arc is done.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:26   Link #1748
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
On a different topic, I am slightly surprised at how this arc turned out. Nirvana is pretty much destroyed, without any dramatic confrontation/battle between the oracion seis and the guild alliance as Nirvana activates, and no dramatic Natsu battles. Of course, this arc isn't over yet, and there are still three members left, so I may end up regretting my words...
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:41   Link #1749
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
It would appear that of the remaining Oracion Six that can still fight, Midnight would be the one to cause the largest amount of problems for the remaining team.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:48   Link #1750
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
Indeed, but their main target, Nirvana, is pretty much destroyed, unless they somehow manage to stop the self-destruct magic. Keeping in mind that their objective is destroyed, they've essentially lost half their force, with one of their former members switching sides and strengthening the opposite side, this might be a good idea to retreat and regroup. Of course, there's a high chance of them keeping on with the attack, simply because, this is for lack of a better phrase, a shounen manga.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:01   Link #1751
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
y'know, it feels like mashima only did this because he felt Ezra had no closure with gerald... but honestly, with her monologue at the end of the tower of paradise ark, i felt she had the closure she needed... but that was ruined with mistgun... and this is pointless as the existence of mistgun kinda prevents ezra from getting true closure
I thought Erza had too much closure after Tower of Paradise. It resolved her life conflicts so neatly that I was worried she was spent as a character. So I was relieved when Mistgun's face created new mysteries and threw her back into turmoil. But now bringing back Gerard himself is just overcompensating

Incidentally, I have a theory that it was Mistgun who saved her at the end of Tower of Paradise. He's skilled at moving magical energy around (like when he restored Makarov's energy in Phantom Lord), and Erza's funeral dream could've been one of his illusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
they've essentially lost half their force, with one of their former members switching sides and strengthening the opposite side
Depending on what the color-change of Nirvana's light means, Hoteye could turn evil again. Also, Lucy didn't get a chance to loot Angel's keys, so she could be back for revenge later.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:08   Link #1752
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
True, but with Nirvana taken out, would not the effects from the tower be reversed. So that would mean that Hoteye would be returning to his normal self.

Plus, I am hoping that Midnight is cut from the same cloth as Lucia from Mashima's previous work (Rave Master), in which he does not care that his groups objective has been destroyed but just destroys lives/property/ect as he sees fit for his own personal enjoyment.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:22   Link #1753
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I wouldn't go that far with Midnight- Lucia was Final Boss material in Rave (plus we had the raregroove-glory "connection" with all the generations of the two families, but that's anothet topic), and while Midnight is probably the most powerful of the Oracion Seis, he's merely a Boss, not Final Boss

On a side note with Gerard- I think the problem people have is that he starts out as a Scheming Bastard with the Council, goes full-fledged Bad Guy, messes with Erza's head, and is one general huge pain in the ass... and then supposedly makes up for it all by heroically sacrificing himself in order to save Erza. However, him coming back kinda negates the heroic sacrifice part, and even if he's done pretty much all good since he came back, he'll still be viewed as pre-Etherion Column Gerard; i.e. a pain in the ass
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:40   Link #1754
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I wouldn't go that far with Midnight- Lucia was Final Boss material in Rave (plus we had the raregroove-glory "connection" with all the generations of the two families, but that's anothet topic), and while Midnight is probably the most powerful of the Oracion Seis, he's merely a Boss, not Final Boss

On a side note with Gerard- I think the problem people have is that he starts out as a Scheming Bastard with the Council, goes full-fledged Bad Guy, messes with Erza's head, and is one general huge pain in the ass... and then supposedly makes up for it all by heroically sacrificing himself in order to save Erza. However, him coming back kinda negates the heroic sacrifice part, and even if he's done pretty much all good since he came back, he'll still be viewed as pre-Etherion Column Gerard; i.e. a pain in the ass
I have to agree with you on Gerard's past sins are not going to be erased by this current act of heroism. Also, Mashima is going to have to do a good job on explaining how Mistgun has Gerard's face.

As for the comparison, would Doryu be a better example than Lucia. I am just wanting a fight that requires a full team of mages to take on just one lone guy. Mashima did a great job with the Doryu fight, and I am hoping to see something similar his current work.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:41   Link #1755
Xhokhusmak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
wow, Aya Hirano is voicing Lucy in the anime
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:53   Link #1756
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
So am I the only one who's gonna comment on the awesome first page of this chapter? -nosebleed *_*-
I think this is pretty cool, if Mashima regretted resurrecting Gerard, he fixed it now...plus, nirvana's gonna go down with him, so it's all great I just wonder who will be taking care of the remaining oracion seis.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 01:47   Link #1757
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 29
I'm thinking that one of the Oracion Seis (Midnight probably) is going to stop the self-destruct just to show how dangerous he is. Which basically means that Gerard's role here is to prove that these guys are more powerful mages than he was (jobbing), although indirectly.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:51   Link #1758
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Twice if you include mistgun as "coming back to life"

Really i don't know why people keep saying he keeps coming back to life when he only came back once really... it's just that their feels like there's a lot of him... we had gerald of the council, Gerald of the tower, mistgun gerald, and now gerald ressurected... and now we are back to just mistgun Gerald
Don't kill off Jesus Gérard just yet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 04:14   Link #1759
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'm thinking that one of the Oracion Seis (Midnight probably) is going to stop the self-destruct just to show how dangerous he is. Which basically means that Gerard's role here is to prove that these guys are more powerful mages than he was (jobbing), although indirectly.
I'm really not gonna like it if that happens. Gérard's death will be rendered meaningless if it does and it would really make his character look weak. This was the one who almost turned the whole magic world upside down. I really wouldn't like it that Gérard is brought to an abrupt end right after he was brought back.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 12:23   Link #1760
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Spoiler for 147:
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.