AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-26, 03:07   Link #1821
Frailty
God-General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I would. It was one in Rave.
Out of Topic!
I know Sieghart tried to use a magic with poison but it doen't necessarily mean to be an element

anyway, Sky & Steel aren't elements either

so I think Dragons&Dragon Slayers really doesn't have a certain element but rather a magic they have... the will to control an attribute via magic, and they can eat it as well

well theories are just theories
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 03:37   Link #1822
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Reminds me of
Spoiler for one piece ID arc:
, as for the element I think got them listed somewhere according to Ruby from Rave in his fight with Drew, but they COULD have changed since this is a different manga, be it from the same author. Btw Midnight does look girly in this chapter, and just wow, I never expected Cobra to be a DS, that's what I call a twist...be it a small one for me:P

EDIT:Wind-thunder-ocean-fire-light-dark-infinity plus one more whose kanji I can't read, from rave ch.132 p.08
__________________

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-08-26 at 13:42.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:22   Link #1823
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
anyway, Sky & Steel aren't elements either
Metal and air are classical elements, though for different classics.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2009-08-27 at 01:14.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 22:22   Link #1824
Xhokhusmak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
it only means Cobra is just gonna turn out a good guy in the end of the arc

=\
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 02:54   Link #1825
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Why the sad faces, if the good guys manage to perfect nirvana or cancel the side-effects they'd get Cobra on their side and he'd kill Brain and Midnight for them! (well someone's gotta stay evil)
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 03:26   Link #1826
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I bet this might happen:
Natsu honestly asks about Cobra's dragon teacher, distracting him, and when Natsu sees the chance, he tries to attack, but fails due to Cobra's listening.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 05:38   Link #1827
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
At the begining a Dragon Slayer used to be an uniqe person, so unless next arc will be Dragon-Slayer-reuinion-with-their-Dragons-and the-whole-mystery arc I'm worried about the series. It's strange that for something spirits magic is only 12 gold keys to europeans zodiacs and nobody pretty much uses anything else.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 06:14   Link #1828
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
spirits magic is only 12 gold keys to europeans zodiacs and nobody pretty much uses anything else.
You find this lacking variety? The concept of the series is generally very simple to begin with so there is no reason to expect more flavor than actual story.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 11:09   Link #1829
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
It's strange that for something spirits magic is only 12 gold keys to europeans zodiacs and nobody pretty much uses anything else.
Nobody uses anything else? Just a few chapters ago we had Angel pwning gold key spirits with a silver key spirit. An obscure one, Caelum the Chisel no less.
Krono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 11:22   Link #1830
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Keep in mind we've also seen no two mages with the same magic... with Dragonslayers, it's subdivided, which is how I count that. And besides, there are still very few DS out there, especially compared to the spirit keys... and I'm guessing that DS >>>>> all other magic
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 11:53   Link #1831
Direwolf18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
One dragon slayer is cool, two is coincidence, three is getting towards bad writing. Four however... Something is going on.

Either the author is just throwing in dragon slayers like DBZ did super sayans or there is an actual reason that these obviously special kinds of people are starting to run in to each other on what appears to be a common basis. Maybe thats the whole point, that each of the Dragons has a Disciple, a slayer who has an aspect of that dragons power, and they are all supposed to meet up, especially now that the dragons are apparently having a meeting as well. I think something is going on and them running in to each other is on purpose. Maybe there is this dark dragon/group or something that the slayers are expected to fight.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:51   Link #1832
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
looks like the Feast of the Dragon King is coming up.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 14:09   Link #1833
D Lusion AL
......
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
One dragon slayer is cool, two is coincidence, three is getting towards bad writing. Four however... Something is going on.

Either the author is just throwing in dragon slayers like DBZ did super sayans or there is an actual reason that these obviously special kinds of people are starting to run in to each other on what appears to be a common basis. Maybe thats the whole point, that each of the Dragons has a Disciple, a slayer who has an aspect of that dragons power, and they are all supposed to meet up, especially now that the dragons are apparently having a meeting as well. I think something is going on and them running in to each other is on purpose. Maybe there is this dark dragon/group or something that the slayers are expected to fight.
Well we wont be certain until later. But I was under the impression that dragon slayers were rare to come by as well. So I hope there is some reason behind it, coincidence is just too annoying
D Lusion AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:09   Link #1834
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
It is obvious there is a reason behind it, just like there is a reason for the Dragons all disappearing at the same time, and all of the Dragons apparently having their own "Dragon Slayer" apprentices.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 01:01   Link #1835
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And let's not forget the July 7 part either (I think that's the date). I sus[ect that Lucy is going to get a big part in this when it goes back to that topic, as not only did the dragons all "disappear", but her mother died on that same date as well (and there's too much going on to call it a coincidence)
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 03:12   Link #1836
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That's because Lucy's mom was a stellar dragon, which makes Lucy a stellar dragon slayer. Soon, she'll build a spaceship and go eat stars.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 03:23   Link #1837
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
I'd say it's all connected very nicely, there are enough hints to have it all coincide (but not too blatant as if we're retards), although I do wonder what happens next. The main theme of the story is guilds, not dragons~
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 06:56   Link #1838
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Don't forget there's still that Big Bad wizard around, thought to be dead by the guild, but supposedly alive.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 15:36   Link #1839
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
The main character is rare DragonSlayer of Fire. Then he meets Steel DS. Then he teams up with Steel DS to fight Thunder DS from the same guild. The next arc we get Wind DS and Poison DS (anyone read ID arc from One Piece).
At least Gerard isn't a Dragon Slayer.

I'd say the next arc should be about Dragons because it's better to introduce more DragonSlayers durring such arc instead of giving one or two in something completly irrelevant again. I know that this big arc seems like summing it all up and wraping it all up with all those special mages, but I guess the story can go on. Like steen and thunder dragonslayers are now on their own, so after this big arc all others DS could get to their own buissness.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:24   Link #1840
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, here's a little list of what we're being given insight into, but do't know very much abiut, and hopefully everything will make sense and be tied together when this things comes to a close:

-Dragon Slayers
-Dragons themselves
-Gerard (though this is mostly a case of 'when will he die' and 'why are there more than one of him?')
-July 7 (my next question... if I remember things correctly, isn't this also Tanabata in Japan?)
-Zeref... though this guy I count as Final Boss material, and therefore don't expect to see too much of him till the ending
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.