AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-04, 05:58   Link #1
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Your favourite scene in a Gundam series.

What is the favourite moment that you've experienced in a Gundam series, movie, ova/ona and manga/novel? What moved you to tears, made you feel happy, made you feel hot-blooded, etc!

Series: Turn A Gundam
I have a lot of favourite moments for this series but i'll only name a few. Episode one when Loran ran up the hill and dug out his flat then screamed to the Moon telling the Moonrace to come down. And the epilogue of the series, that was really awesome, it managed to wrap up everything and give a happy-end for everyone. It was the only gundam that made me feel very empty when it ended....i just loved the characters so much that i didnt want it to end.

Movie: Char's Counter Attack
When Amuro and Bright were explaining the tactics for the upcoming NZ war. Afterwards this really emotional orchestral music starts to play and Bright says "I'm sorry everyone but please let me borrow your lives again" and he salutes together with Amuro and every member of Londo Bell salutes back. This scene made me think "at the end most of these people who saluted wont come back" and its also really nice to see how Bright and Amuro have matured together and are working well together.

OVA: 0080 War in the Pocket
When Chris and Bernie were talking after Al slept, "next time call me Bernie" and Chris replying with the best smile drawn in anime history "alright, you too, call me Chris next time". Not a really gundam moment...more like those HIgh school drama stuff but i still like it. The ending was also one of the best moments when Al was crying and the kids were cheering him up about the next war. You can see how Al has matured compared to the beginning of the film, complete contrast.

I havent read enough Gundam Manga, only CDA, Ecole, Astray, Edge and Origin. All i can say is i like Origin the best, well drawn, well drafted and covers up a lot of holes as well as changing some details for the better.

Last edited by jonli; 2006-08-04 at 06:09.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 08:09   Link #2
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

Some of my favorites are...

When all the White Base crew uses their Newtype telepathy to help Amuro escape in the last episode, and also when Char tells Garma "blame it on the misfortune of your birth" when Garma dies.

In 0080 I love the scene when Al watches the video Bernie left behind for him.

And in Seed I love the scene when Kira saves the Archangel at Alaska when the GINN is about to take out the bridge, and also when Mu dies at the end (back when it was truly his death).

Destiny didn't have that many memorable moments but I liked the scene in Episode 42 when Kira returns from space just in time to save Cagalli from Shinn's boomerangs. That was awesome.
Old 2006-08-04, 10:27   Link #3
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Gundam Wing
The final battle when Zechs and Heero both charged at eatch other and slash! That was badass!

8th MS team
When Norris shot out his heat rod to pull his sword back to him. That guy was a great pilot.

Seed
When Kira and Athrun both charged at eatch other and Kira blocked Athrun then cut his arm of. That was a realy good move.

Destiny
When Kira and Athrun charged at eatch other and Athrun tried to pull out his beam saber but Kira cut his arm first.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 11:24   Link #4
X207
Gamyūsa

the meteor scenes destroying the nukes even if the reused frames for the other side. also nicols last charge before it exploded (damn why did they get rid of blitz )
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 11:33   Link #5
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!

SEED

The scene where Kira saved Archangel with his new Freedom Gundam

Destiny

The scene where Kira imitated one of the scene in Char's Counter attack when he released his dragoons and yelled "当たれいっっっっ!!!!!!!!!!!" (ATAREIIIIII!!!)

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 11:49   Link #6
Zechs Merquies
Lightning Count

Send a message via AIM to Zechs Merquies
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 At the end when Gato told his men they had to survive, then gato charged the federation fleet by himself. That was badass.
Zechs Merquies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 11:53   Link #7
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
The scene where Kira imitated one of the scene in Char's Counter attack when he released his dragoons and yelled "当たれいっっっっ!!!!!!!!!!!" (ATAREIIIIII!!!)

- Tak
Oh yeah! that was badass! I wish Shinn got say that.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 12:03   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

in Wing when Quatre was piloting Wing Zero and that colony was hooting at him and he was saying "What, you are afraid to die ? Then, you shouldnt be fighting in the first place !" *Blast the colony to bits*

Aegis VS Strike was bad@ss - when Athrun and Kira were chopping each other up.

Athrun pwning Destiny - it was nice
Old 2006-08-04, 12:07   Link #9
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The first time Turn A used the Gundam Hammer, that fight was short, but just too cool. A whole lot of fights in Turn A was insane, Harry just owns too much with his SUMO, Turn A vs Turn X fights were intense as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 12:39   Link #10
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

My favorite sceene is the battle between wufei and heero. when the fought over earth. it was awsome.
drgntig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 12:57   Link #11
AirMaster
キャシャーン

Send a message via MSN to AirMaster Send a message via Skype™ to AirMaster
Zeta Gundam: The O vs Hyaku Shiki vs Qubeley.
AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 13:08   Link #12
SlugZilla
woofles

Zeta Gundam episode 12 - Jaburo was about to get wiped off the map thanks to the timed nuclear bombs, but Kamille and Quattro were still in the base. After rescuing Reccoa and Kai, Kamille boards the ship but Quattro was behind. Quattro boosts his Hyaku Shiki for the final jump but he doesn't have enough to reach the ship but the Mk-II grabs his hand in time. Seconds later Jaburo is engulfed in a flash and Quattro narrowly escapes death.

Gundam X episode 38 - Jamil's speech at the DOME. "I've travelled here to find out just who I am. I still haven't found the answer. But I can say this for certain. Newtypes are not gods. They are not tools of proganda either. Furthermore they don't exist to serve oldtypes! No one has the right take the life of a newtype and turn them into this!

08th MS Team episode 12 - Where the little Shiro attacks Kiki but she tells him that he doesn't have to take his name back and hugs him.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 13:26   Link #13
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

lets see. (brainstorm mode; not in any order whatsoever!

Shiro procedes to club the Gouf Custom with an arm (gold!)
Kamille rammin Scirocco with Waverider
Injured Athrun slices off Destiny's arm in a SEED vs SEED clash
Everything that invloves Heero falling off something high (there are a few scenes)
Kira stopping Shinn's ASSword attack with his palms + point blank railgun fire
Sandrock/Deathscythe/Heavyarms entrance and fight in EW
Kampfer vs NT1 (who doesnt like that?)
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 13:51   Link #14
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

No order...

- Like above, Ez8 clubbing Gouf Custom with its arm XD

- Miguel flying out of the forest in the hovertruck, screaming his lungs out while an Acguy fires at him.

- Final Satellite Showdown with the Chestbreak/Hermit Crab and Double X with the blast wiping out the satellite system.

- Garrod firing 2 threatening shots at the Colony Laser, getting Tifa back with the promise of leaving them alone, then destroying it anyways ("Too bad I'm a liar, Old Man Excellency!") XDXD

- Using the Microwave Laser to blow up that lake to destroy the enemy ship

- The Gundam X and GX Bits all firing their Satellite Cannons at the same time in the prologue.

- The showing of the Dark History in Turn-A Gundam with scenes from all the available Gundam shows/movies.

- Double Zeta completely slicing Psyco Gundam Mark II in half followed by slicing open the head.

- The final slash between Double Zeta and the Qubeley.

- The final slash between Wing Gundam Zero and Epyon

- The final slash between Victory 2 and Rig Contio

- Char revealing himself to Garma before he dies

- Char blowing off Kycillia's head with a bazooka

- The impaling of the Gerbera Tetra (good riddance, wannabe!!) on the Dendrobium Orchis's mega beam cannon and firing at point-blank.

- The Full Vernian Zephranthys separating and stabbing the Val Varo.

- big bullet casing bouncing on the ground and whacking the woman in the head in the beginning of F91.

- Geara Dogas joining in to help try to divert Axis away from Earth.

I could keep going on and on, lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 15:02   Link #15
Scorch

08th MS Team: Shiro fires at Norris with everything while falling down the side of a tower, missing entirely. Norris "Well, that looked impressive."
Actually, I just love that fight in general. <Norris fan
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 15:07   Link #16
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, that's a bit understandable (considering he was wiggling all over and such)...it would've been even funnier had he been standing across from him and Norris was standing still XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 15:34   Link #17
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207
nicols last charge before it exploded (damn why did they get rid of blitz )
I didn't like what happened to Nichol and Blitz. But I like that whole scene for two things:
1. Nichol's sacrificial act due to friendship and his faith in Athrun.
2. It starts off a chain of events dealing with Kira and Athrun's characters.
I can't think of any other gundam scene that made me so sad yet happy at the same time. Oh wait, there's War in the Pocket as well. Yeah that show was really endearing.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 16:41   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I can't really decide my best scene. There are just so many cool ones. lol
Old 2006-08-04, 18:22   Link #19
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1

Oh man, that was really something. I guess it's true; the best weapons is yourself put's a whole new meaning to "use your hands"

hmm, let's see....Gerbera mentioned it too, when RX-78GP01FB seperated and stabbed Val-Walo, man the Val-Walo guy really had it won if Kou had say, any other gundam without a core fighter

And, I like the scene in Seed when Kira and Athrun had their final fights in their first gundams (Strike and Aegis). The "ATHRUUUUUUUUN!" - "KIIIIIIIIIIRAAAA!" screams was amazing, two people bringing out one of war's true emotions: losing a friend.

In Destiny, hmm....when the DOM Troopers arrived. Nothing better than having legs and not using them, instead: hovering.

There are other scenes from 0083, the Neue Ziel vs. Dendrobium fight, nothing better than having a laser labeled as useless , then there's jabbing Cima with the Dendrobium's mega beam canon, last but maybe not least, Gato suiciding on a Salamis class ship. We miss you, Gato

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 18:51   Link #20
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1

Actually, my favorite part in that scene was the dialogues.

Shiro: "I AM GOING TO LIVE. I WILL LIVE, AND I AM GONNA MARRY AINAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Now, 'that' was golden.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2006-08-04 at 20:15.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote