AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-04, 23:09   Link #1
PorcObby

Catgirls! Or the like...

Does anyone know a good anime with a catgirl or multiple catgirls? Or just a character with that type of playful, bouncy personality? Preferably generally comedic with serious undertones. Similar to Ouran Host Club, or perhaps a bit more serious? The character doesn't necessarily have to be female.

Thanks!
Old 2006-08-05, 00:29   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

hmm... Fruits Basket maybe. Sort of similar to Host Club in that it's mostly "hot" guys all with varied personalities and a girl main character. There's comedy but more serious drama than found in Host Club. The main girl is always cheerful... perhaps you'd like it. (I also suggest reading the manga, which is even better)

Oh, just to clarify... thare are no catgirls, lol... but there is a guy that turns into a cat...
Old 2006-08-05, 02:17   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

After reading your post I suddenly remembered All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
Old 2006-08-05, 03:34   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
After reading your post I suddenly remembered All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
lol, the summary looks pretty interesting... I like the idea of the evil villain being his mom
Old 2006-08-05, 03:59   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I created a thread here with the exact same question...
I made a little list in the first post of the thread... of every scrap of information provided... enjoy ^__^
Quote:
  • Anime with catgirls...
    • Mahou Shojo Neko Taruto Probably the best...
    • DearS
    • Tokyo Mew Mew
    • UFO Princess Valkyrie
    • Pita Ten
    • Da Capo (season 1) - only several Episodes *I'll try and post them here... when I find them*
    • Escaflowne
    • Pilot Candidate also known as Candidate for Goddess
    • Nadesico in Episode 23 A Place We Call Home
    • Ichigo Mashimaro in Episode Unknown
    • Kage Kara Mamoru in Episode Unknown
    • Shuffle! in Episode 22 To a New Tomorrow
    • Ai Yori Aoshi
    • Neko no Ongaeshi also known as The Cat returns
    • Card Captor Sakura in Episode 8 Sakura`s Rival Appears!
    • Samurai Pizza Cats
    • Gekijouban Di Gi Charat: Hoshi no Tabi
    • Akazukin Chacha in Episode 17 The Return of Nyandaber and Episode 74 Wedding Announcement Rumble!
    • Hyper Police
    • Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken
    • Loveless
    • Samurai Girl Real Bout High School in Episode 5 Attack of the Raging Wind!
    • Rizelmine in Episode 13 Hafuun!! Big Transformation by Adult Goods!?
  • Anime with Human Cat people...
    • Ranma 1/2 Shampoo
    • Bleach Yoruichi Shihouin
    • SailorMoon Luna

Honorable mention...
  • Elfen Lied
Link To Thread
Unfortunately many of them are licensed in the US... so they're not listed on AS... also some are quite hard to find... well you still should be able to buy them
DearS has a cute and playful catgirl... but she's there more for comic relief... and somehow I get the feeling she's a lion-girl because of the little fur on the tip of the tail (well... lions are still cats )

Mahou Shojo Neko Taruto seems to be the only recent anime that has cat-people... the main character seems to be a catgirl... but I haven't watched it yet... :'(
Old 2006-08-05, 04:17   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
lol, the summary looks pretty interesting... I like the idea of the evil villain being his mom
It's a pretty silly show actually (I like it still) nothing to take too seriously.

As a side note:

Some of the animes in BlackCatXIII's list do not have catgirls per se, instead, they have girls dressing up as cats.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, while on the subject of girls dressing up as cats, Dont forget to check Digi-Charat as well.
Old 2006-08-05, 10:36   Link #7
sedukshun
kimee ~

Utawarerumono ;D i think...as shown in Daniel E's signature ^^

erm are they cats? or little puppies ahhaa

hmms yeah i think they mite be little dogs... but still just as cute as little cats =P the girl blushed when the guy stroked her tail LmaO (no ecchi btw lol)
Old 2006-08-05, 11:15   Link #8
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedukshun
Utawarerumono ;D i think...as shown in Daniel E's signature ^^

erm are they cats? or little puppies ahhaa

hmms yeah i think they mite be little dogs... but still just as cute as little cats =P the girl blushed when the guy stroked her tail LmaO (no ecchi btw lol)
Eruruu and Aruruu (the girls in that picture) are human/canine hybrids. However Karura, another character from Utawarerumono, does appear to be a human/feline hybrid.

Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Old 2006-08-05, 12:41   Link #9
jedinat
フリーター

They are foxes, not dogs...
Old 2006-08-05, 13:38   Link #10
Cyz
"Show it to me"

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, I recommend it to you. It has tons of cat girls in it.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-08-05, 13:51   Link #11
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
They are foxes, not dogs...
I have not seen conclusive proof that they are foxes (I'm not saying that it is not out there, just that I have not seen it ). But since there has been some debate about the subject I should have referred to Eruruu and Aruruu as human/canid hybrids instead of human/canine. Dogs are canines and foxes are vulpines, but both dogs and foxes are canids. Probably a better term to use regardless...
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Closed Thread