AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 44.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-10, 08:02   Link #41
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
You don't mean... "squishing part"?

Anyway, that's was great. It' a shame they didn't put in the anime at least her last words to Sounkasu, and the way she was refering to Hakuoro.

I would love to see Eruruu's face...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-10, 08:55   Link #42
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Seriously, it seems like all the "Evil Overlords" are just insane. I was expecting the guy to have mad magic skillz, a "flower power" if you will. You know, you see pretty flowers, then suddenly... the flowers attack! @_@
Old 2006-08-10, 09:20   Link #43
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

I think Suonkasu was more delusional and obsessed than insane seeing how he had a fixation on Karura. After all the whole rebellion thingy had been manipulated so that he could make her come back in Nan-Tunku...but apart from that he doesn't show any evil that could live up to Yue/Niwe's standards.
Maybe Karura just messed up his hormonal chemistry when she squished the little Suonkasu Twins...

BTW, those flowers - do they have red petals underneath the white ones or what? When Suonkasu was struck to death by Derihourai the flowers around him suddenly turn red but I see neither blood in the water or red spatters on the nearby stones...so I'm wondering...unless of course they cut down the suggestive blood pool to the bare minimum (so much for Niwe's death, then)...or they just forgot about it.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Old 2006-08-10, 10:02   Link #44
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
His blood changed there color to red .. In anime i guess there a curtain kind of flower that grows on rotting corpse ... Same thing that happened on Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater.
Old 2006-08-10, 11:47   Link #45
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
You don't mean... "squishing part"?

Spoiler:

either way it's broken right? lol
from what I've read about the game it would be nice if we could see
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-10, 14:13   Link #46
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I don't know if it's because the past episode were so good but episode 19 was...bland.Hakuoro and co come in castle,kill insane emperor,peace comes back,the end.Some nice fighting scene but nothing really original.

It was funny to see Oboro trying to follow the girls around though
Old 2006-08-10, 17:13   Link #47
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think Oboro has the hots for that angel girl XD
Old 2006-08-10, 18:00   Link #48
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
I think Oboro has the hots for that angel girl XD
Yea, but he's definately creepy. I think he is making Aruruu especially uncomfortable. Crazy Oboro.
Old 2006-08-10, 18:17   Link #49
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol i feel sorry for him XD hes now the weakest fighter of the gang
Old 2006-08-10, 20:15   Link #50
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haven't finished watching the episode, but just saw a scene that just seemed weird to me... Karura hits a soldier with her fist, and apparently knocks his head off. But there's no blood, no sign of the head, just her fist where his head was supposed to be. That scene just looked utterly stupid tbh. If they don't want to have scenes that are too graphic, they're better off leaving stuff like this out. :P
Old 2006-08-10, 20:18   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Haven't finished watching the episode, but just saw a scene that just seemed weird to me... Karura hits a soldier with her fist, and apparently knocks his head off. But there's no blood, no sign of the head, just her fist where his head was supposed to be. That scene just looked utterly stupid tbh. If they don't want to have scenes that are too graphic, they're better off leaving stuff like this out. :P
DVD,

no more steam and more blood.
Old 2006-08-10, 23:06   Link #52
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
DVD,

no more steam and more blood.
Was it supposed to have blood?

The reason why I watch japanese version in the 1st place is cuz I don't want to see anything edited out. I call that an edit right there! I might as well watch dubbed anime if possible.
Old 2006-08-10, 23:44   Link #53
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo Send a message via Skype™ to Jinsoo
I was kinda disappointed. That was such a cheap death D:
Old 2006-08-10, 23:57   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke13
Was it supposed to have blood?

The reason why I watch japanese version in the 1st place is cuz I don't want to see anything edited out. I call that an edit right there! I might as well watch dubbed anime if possible.
The tv ver is not edit. Just that the DVD ver will have stuff add in.
Old 2006-08-11, 00:45   Link #55
Guido

There's a bitter gum that left me a sour taste in my mouth while watching this episode.

For me I think the problem was that the pacing built no momentum; lacking life-drama or engaging in more interaction between Karura and Derihourai missing.

It was just matter request by force-literally beat sense on the leader of the rebellion-have ready a battle plan-storm the castle-kill the wussy dictator-and last pack then go.

And I want to know where the heck did Karura gain her superhuman strength?
She's a powerhouse and juggernaut at every battlefield where she goes, and her one-kill hits made me bored to watch in the episode.

Karura's too much certain on herself, that I'm getting old on her. I'll better switch to Touka for a change.
Old 2006-08-11, 01:52   Link #56
Cardiac Glycoside

This episode would have rated higher for me if--it didn't have such a lousy climax. Deri smacked that he-bitch a couple of times and that was the end of it.

I also don't get how killing the ruler somehow means automatic win. For Inkara and Niwe it made sense; the former had enough of his subjects pissed off to overthrow him and the latter was just suicidal and nuked his own city. We don't really see how mililtarily powerful Na Tunk is other than it is at least strong enough to beat back the rebellion. (The fact that Hakuoro's Harem (Karura, Touka, Urutorii, Kamyu, Aruruu + Friends, Eruruu and of course, Hakuoro himself) was enough to turn the tide shows how kick-ass his hero units are).

At least Kamyu and Urutorii are no longer window dressing.

Ah, I finally get to see the evil-bunny people *played the minigame*
Old 2006-08-11, 01:58   Link #57
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well I think this is supposed to be like a feudal system. Basically all of the soldiers dont specifically fight for the country, but for the emperor or ruler at the time. So when he dies, basically they have no reason to fight. So the opposing force wins.
Old 2006-08-11, 04:18   Link #58
Wacky

This episode was bleh, just more of the the "Lazy emperor with many wives" as Kuuya put it.

Preview is interesting though: Kuuya without her mask thing, and ... a giant white robot (!?)

I didn't skip the OP this time and noticed something really weird - Kuuya and her bodyguard are right at the top of the bad guys section of the OP (!!??)

Well, I'm sure she'd be a lot more interesting than the random insane overlords so far, but seeing how she may turn out to be a religious nut, I'm not too hopeful.
Old 2006-08-11, 04:19   Link #59
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
And I want to know where the heck did Karura gain her superhuman strength?
She's a powerhouse and juggernaut at every battlefield where she goes, and her one-kill hits made me bored to watch in the episode.

Karura's too much certain on herself, that I'm getting old on her. I'll better switch to Touka for a change.
Her strength is inheritent to her race, the Giriyagina.
Giriyagina is genetically superior in strength to other races.
It also helps that she's a daughter of the most powerful Giriyagina.
Her brother didn't have proper traning as a Giriyagina, and has a lot to work on.

Likewise, the Evenkuruga (Touka's race) is genetically superior in combat.
Onkamiyaru (the feathered kind) are superior in magic.

The backgrounds on why these races are this way is a core part of the story, and would be a major spoiler bomb, so I'll avoid it.
Old 2006-08-11, 04:25   Link #60
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

I felt this arc was a good arc. It revealed most of the mystery around Karura. However, there is one mystery of hers that was not revealed. The chain "necklace" she wears... Why is it unlockable? Is it locked by magic? Who has the keys to it? Why does she insist on wearing it, even after she has given herself to Hakuoro?

It seems the reason she "ran" away in the end is because she has moved on with her life and does not want to go back to it. She probably has a lot of bad history, so if she became queen again, that history could be pulled out in the open. Besides, she is now under Hakuoro forever, as she promised, so being a queen with a master would not work well either.