AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-09, 08:44   Link #61
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
ummm...

1. no more uber uber gay pwning gundams : i.e Strike-Freedom, Akatsuki, Infinite Justice is okay tho

2. Strike-freedom killing the whole zaft....
__________________


Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 09:08   Link #62
neilz
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
1. Lessen the Army size or give Lacus Faction more allies.

2. Change the Gundams in Lacus Faction since they are designed to combat large armies into at least small scale battle. If point 1 is applied.
neilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 13:26   Link #63
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Personally, the reason I feel the only way to improve GSD is by making it Akin to "Kill Them all" Tomino's Zeta was because of how successful they were. Ideon managed to start this whole gloomy robot series, Zeta everyone loved along with most of the UC. Dunbine many liked. I mean how else is GSD going to attone itself, maybe have both Shinn and Kira kill each other (or even Athrun) as well as Luna dying. That would have made GSD fitting.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 14:36   Link #64
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Personally, the reason I feel the only way to improve GSD is by making it Akin to "Kill Them all" Tomino's Zeta was because of how successful they were. Ideon managed to start this whole gloomy robot series, Zeta everyone loved along with most of the UC. Dunbine many liked. I mean how else is GSD going to attone itself, maybe have both Shinn and Kira kill each other (or even Athrun) as well as Luna dying. That would have made GSD fitting.
Actually I think Zeta (and Victory) are two of the worst Gundam series in existence, so please don't speak for everyone.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 14:42   Link #65
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Personally, the reason I feel the only way to improve GSD is by making it Akin to "Kill Them all" Tomino's Zeta was because of how successful they were. Ideon managed to start this whole gloomy robot series, Zeta everyone loved along with most of the UC. Dunbine many liked. I mean how else is GSD going to attone itself, maybe have both Shinn and Kira kill each other (or even Athrun) as well as Luna dying. That would have made GSD fitting.
BARF. This is a thread about ideas that would improve Destiny, not ideas on how to make it a lame series. After I finished watching Zeta, the only thing that came to mind was "Thank god that's over", because as "real" as death is, it's not so real if you kill 90% of the cast. It just becomes a caricature of real life and only further establishes that it's a cheap gimick used by Tomino to try and pass off a good story. I think the Zeta movies prove that he is out of his mind and doesn't quite know what he's going for. The only difference between him and Fukuda is that he just knows how to cover his tracks better when he tells a crappy story.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 14:50   Link #66
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Personally, the reason I feel the only way to improve GSD is by making it Akin to "Kill Them all" Tomino's Zeta was because of how successful they were. Ideon managed to start this whole gloomy robot series, Zeta everyone loved along with most of the UC. Dunbine many liked. I mean how else is GSD going to attone itself, maybe have both Shinn and Kira kill each other (or even Athrun) as well as Luna dying. That would have made GSD fitting.
The "Kill Them all" thing is just one of many things that make Zeta a good series(I haven't seen Ideon or Dunbine).

Puting it in GSD may help or kill it a bit if it's done right.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 14:52   Link #67
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
There is no right way to tell a good story with "Kill 'em All" mindsets.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:00   Link #68
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Why is that?
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:05   Link #69
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Mostly because of everything I said in my previous reply.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:10   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Aw, come on. It'll be great for a third season! Gundam Seed: Buckets of Blood.


(Seriously: wanting all the characters to live happily ever after is childish. Wanting them all to die is adolescent.)
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:10   Link #71
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Fine, have it your way. But Kill Them Tomino is what made gundam work.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:14   Link #72
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Aw, come on. It'll be great for a third season! Gundam Seed: Buckets of Blood.


(Seriously: wanting all the characters to live happily ever after is childish. Wanting them all to die is adolescent.)
Not really. They're about equally as childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Fine, have it your way. But Kill Them Tomino is what made gundam work.
Someone alert the presses then, because thanks to others Gundam has kept working and has improved since he left the franchise.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:16   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Stop with the killfest, its not going to make a good show if you will just kill off all the main cast in the end. I cant see that improving anything. (someone should die from 'teh good team' but not all.) Like Cagali.

I personally hate when all the cast start dying. You dont like happy endings ? good for you, there are far more bitter-sweet and unhappy than happy ones, might as well enjoy the happy ones.

Altho i dont know what is so happy about it anyway - millions of people were killed anyway, the fact that 3 main characters and their girlfriends survived is nothing to cry over about. (Yea, and one GF died earlier and another got replaced, so not so happy after all for everyone. The only ones who got out dry are Kira and Lacus, but thats Lacus dust and Freedom figure sales for you )
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 15:24   Link #74
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Fine, have it your way. But Kill Them Tomino is what made gundam work.
Actually war, conflict and teen pilots is what made gundam work.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 00:11   Link #75
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Yes the one hit KO needs to go.

Demongod I'm pretty sure there is lots of Lacus x Mia hentai if you need to get your fix. If you find some PM me the link.
Hentai? Ewwww...angel bath hot springs? TEH WIN!
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 00:35   Link #76
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
This has slightly diverted from it's original intention....(( Means that Shinn would still be owned in record time, but changing the dialogues and method of presentation to make it look convincing. Some of the ideas presented here would mean that GSD would have to add like an episode or 2. ))

Whatever.

Anyway, this whole Kill Them All mindset to improve GSD is totally bull. To me, character deaths are only meaningful when they serve a true purpose and are emotionally captivating and powerful at the same time. Killing a character for the sake of adding the kill count/for the heck of it is pathetically dumb of an idea.

X was good. Turn A was good. G was good. Did all of that employ Let's Kill Them All? No.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 00:39   Link #77
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^You ain't got to kill'em all, but goddamnit kill one of 'em...

Hell I rather you "kill'em all" than "flashback'em all..."
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 01:19   Link #78
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Sorry, I'd rather have my cast mostly alive and have a bunch of flashbacks than have most of them dead.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 07:25   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^You ain't got to kill'em all, but goddamnit kill one of 'em...

Hell I rather you "kill'em all" than "flashback'em all..."
Great quote material here.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 08:44   Link #80
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
The only death I would add into Destiny would be to have Luna go between Athrun and Shinn in the last episode to try and break it em up, but it's too late and Shinn ends up killing her by accident. This kind of almost happened except Shinn was legitimately trying to kill her and Athrun stopped him. If it was accidental like Amuro killing Lalah, it would totally mind fuck the hell out of Shinn and probably make him a better person in the end.

Of course Shinn would still probably find some way to blame Cagalli, Orb, or even Athrun for that and any good development would be shitcanned before it even got off the ground.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.