AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-06, 15:16   Link #1
OutInTheRain
テレビの愛のため

Seen a lot, want only the best

Haven't been here in quite sometime!

Well, where to begin, below is a list of what I seen, and how well they are ranked in my opinion...

Now there's a couple I haven't ranked yet since I didn't entirely watch them.
(clover and slam dunk, and its cuz I didn't like them after 2-3 episodes.)

I've been watching anime since I was 15, so I've seen quite alot. Now I want to make an important point I don't want some random anime you "kinda liked". First I want you to get a feel for what I like, see what I've seen and suggest something you really liked and you think I would too.

I've had bad experience in the past for suggestions, that's why I'm being a little picky, so I'm sorry if I sound impolite, but please don't recommend anything if you don't think your style of anime isn't simular to mine.

That's all, thanks for your help, and I look foward to your recommendation!

Edit : No meccha and please stick to series that are complete.

Spoiler:

Last edited by OutInTheRain; 2006-08-06 at 17:29.
Old 2006-08-06, 15:53   Link #2
LCeh

You can give "Fantastic Children" a try. Excellent romance/sci-fi.
Old 2006-08-06, 16:45   Link #3
Scorch

I don't see the first Kenshin OAV on your list (aka Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal). It's amazing, although it's in a completely different style than the Kenshin series.
Old 2006-08-06, 16:56   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Well I don't see Hellsing on there... Watch that if you like vampires.

I also don't see RahXephon which was probably my favorite mecha anime. Gundam Seed was also quite good.

Kaleido Star - if you want like something different.. very feel-goody.

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu - hilarious. nice if your in the mood for something light.

Aishiteruze Baby - very good slice-of-life/romance type anime.

Kamichu! - I really liked this one, just finished watching it.

Seikai no Monshou - great science fiction... has a couple sequel series also.

There's alot more I could suggest, but I'll stop there... I'd give all of those at least a 9/10. I couldn't really gauge what you'd like though... cuz you have anime from my top 5 favorites in both your 5 star and 1 star categories, lol.

EDIT: for some reason "find" wasn't finding correctly, lol, had to edit out a few

Here's some anime that haven't been completely released yet.

Karas - awesome, awesome animation... worth watching just for the eye candy

Mushishi - great sort of fantasy/x-files-ish anime

Blood+ - nice vampire action anime...
Old 2006-08-06, 17:11   Link #5
OutInTheRain
テレビの愛のため

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Well I don't see Hellsing on there... Watch that if you like vampires.

I also don't see RahXephon which was probably my favorite mecha anime. Gundam Seed was also quite good.

Kaleido Star - if you want like something different.. very feel-goody.

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu - hilarious. nice if your in the mood for something light.

Aishiteruze Baby - very good slice-of-life/romance type anime.

Kamichu! - I really liked this one, just finished watching it.

Seikai no Monshou - great science fiction... has a couple sequel series also.

There's alot more I could suggest, but I'll stop there... I'd give all of those at least a 9/10. I couldn't really gauge what you'd like though... cuz you have anime from my top 5 favorites in both your 5 star and 1 star categories, lol.

EDIT: for some reason "find" wasn't finding correctly, lol, i'm editting my post
To jedinat

I forgot to say no meccha. That rules out rahxephn and gundam.

Other then that, seeing you suggested Hellsing, an anime I'm very sceptical about, I'll look up how well rated the other animes are on animenfo, download the one that interestests me most, and If I like that one, I'll try your other suggestions.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Edit: Currently downlaoding Kamichu

To Scorch

seen it -

To LCeh

I've heard that its the most retarded drawing style ever.. haha, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I might not be trying that one.

Last edited by OutInTheRain; 2006-08-06 at 17:28.
Old 2006-08-06, 17:37   Link #6
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutInTheRain
To jedinatOther then that, seeing you suggested Hellsing, an anime I'm very sceptical about, I'll look up how well rated the other animes are on animenfo, download the one that interestests me most, and If I like that one, I'll try your other suggestions.
LoL, you're taking this so seriously. Eventually you'll end up downloading and trying every single semi-known anime anyways that is, if you are anything like me.

Oh, and the info site I linked you to for each anime is way better than animenfo.
Old 2006-08-06, 18:53   Link #7
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

You should listen to LCeh

I looked at your list and you rated nearly everything like I would have. And youve watched all the good ones already. Then I thought "wait... wheres Fantastic Children? WTF its not on the list, I`ve found a 100% candidate!". Scrolled down only to see it being recommended at first place.
If you still miss on this one, you might as well give up asking for help.
Old 2006-08-06, 19:24   Link #8
LCeh

Well, everyone has different tastes. He has Now and Then, Here and There on first star list, which was a series I thoroughly enjoyed. The drawing style of Fantastic Children can indeed turn a lot of people off, but then if you are looking for pretty drawings, you wouldn't be watching a series like Fantastic Children anyway. Maybe that's why he didn't like Now and Then at all, since they had some similarities between their drawing style.
Old 2006-08-06, 23:44   Link #9
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i find it odd you ranked somedays dreamers a 1 considering the high rating you gave other similar fantasy shows.

try kannaduki no miko it fits yoru tastes but the show is average
Closed Thread