AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-06, 22:40   Link #1
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

something like "HANTSUKI"...

I was watching Utawarerumono lately, since it is popular and new. But action a little, a little... umm... Characters are cute and nice but...

I've seen it somewhere and watched Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora... It is very good. No... It is the best, waay better than Utaware...

Drama, please... I want to enjoy a story... Thanks
Old 2006-08-06, 22:54   Link #2
LostBlue
祭囃子

Kanon and AIR might be your cup of tea. I personally hated the AIR movie so I would avoid that, but the AIR series itself is one of my favorites. Kanon (created by the same people as AIR) will be re-animated again later this year (most likely winter as does take place then).

If you really really like an Epic Romance, I suggest Seikai no Monshou (星界の紋章) and Seikai no Senki I ~ III (星界の戦旗). I believe all the Seikai series is licensed under the title Crest of the Stars, Warbanner of the Stars I ~ III. I take my nick from the ED song of Crest (失われた青空 - Lost Blue Skies - although I drop skies when I sign on forums as from past experience I don't like being called lbs or #s >_<, anywho the lyrics to that song is awesome =)

Fantastic Children is another drama of epic scale. I believe the script is written by the person who wrote Akira.

All are very good roamance dramas.

Other romances that are good but don't have a strong dramtic story like the above (at least anime-wise) are Hana Yori Dango (I love the live-action) and I"s (new OVAs).

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-08-06 at 23:06.
Old 2006-08-06, 22:56   Link #3
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Its going to happen so ill say it first - Honey and Clover

Other than that, you might want to check out Koi Kaze, KareKano, Bokura ga Ita http://cakey.info/?cat=10 for my review so far of it, PlanetES and Rec.

Off the top of my head, those are some good romance w/ drama series. However, if you can commit to it, I would tell you to watch Crest/Banner of the Stars. It had quite possibly the most immersive experience I felt in a drama. The bond between Jinto and Lafiel grows every so slowly, but in the end, well.. go and see.
Old 2006-08-06, 23:32   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you will probably like

mahoraba

aria

honey and clover season II just started

nishi no yoki

princessprincess/mariasama ga miteru/strawberry panic

stellvia

I's pure

ah! my goddess

binchotan
Old 2006-08-07, 00:44   Link #5
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

I just wanted to say a few things. As Hantsuki is Love/Drama I suspect you were looking for the same thing.

Bincho/Aria have no storyline. Mahoraba/AMG isnt worth watching for the romance. Princess and Strawberry dont have any real story either. Stellvia has a good story and drama but the romance is not of the same caliber. I wouldnt call Maria a romance even if it is listed as such.

Of course, these are my opinions and you are free to not take them.

If you are looking for pure awsome story and could care less about romance, theres always Juuni Kokuki (12 kingdoms), Gungrave, and Chrono Crusade.
Old 2006-08-07, 01:50   Link #6
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde
I've seen it somewhere and watched Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora... It is very good. No... It is the best, waay better than Utaware...
It's pointless to even compare those two anime, but w/e...

Here are some nice anime...
Nana - really good romance/drama that is currently ongoing

Haibane Renmei - one of the greatest anime ever made (no romance)

I'll second Juuni Kokuki which is also one of the greats

Hachimitsu to Clover - very nice romance/drama/comedy anime... the second season is ongoing right now

Seikai no Monshou as mentioned is also good and has some romance... It's also just some great science fiction.
Old 2006-08-07, 10:31   Link #7
miaka

drama/romance
Kanon - just in case you haven't seen it. or you might want to wait for its remake version this October
To Heart, To Heart~remember my memory - from same creator of utawarerumono. It is based from dating game, set in school.
Lamune- very easy going anime
Saiunkoku Monogatari - comedy drama based from novel so expect story/character development
Bokura ga Ita - school romance/drama and currently ongoing
I'll second with Nishi no yoki majo (good witch of west) - fairy-tale style concept
Old 2006-08-07, 10:56   Link #8
Asfad

From what I can tell, Suzuka and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien would be close to what you want (with KgNE having more in common with Hantsuki and better than Suzuka imo). Both have the romance drama that you are seeking
Old 2006-08-07, 18:27   Link #9
Furudanuki

Several good recommendations already. But if you would like watching a drama/romance that leans more toward the bitter side of bittersweet than Hantsuki, I'd suggest taking a look at Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. This anime is not licensed, and torrents are listed on Animesuki.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Old 2006-08-07, 23:35   Link #10
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Thanks everyone.. and sorry for catching this late.

Actually romance was not i was looking for. so ill pass Air and Honey and Clover and -very confusing this is-...

Juuni Kokuki was great... but...

Maybe i dont really know what im searching...

I'm gonna try Aria and Nishi no Yoki Majo...
i think...
Thanks again for the

There are too many animes in this timespace...
Old 2006-08-08, 00:06   Link #11
rhyein

I'm not sure if this would fit your description, but Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsuki definitely has a lot of drama in it. It's a love story, and that's what moves the plot, 6 OVAs, and very well done imho.
Closed Thread