AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-01-28, 03:52   Link #481
Siegel Clyne

A Number of Veteran Mainstream Seiyuu Have Done Ero-Anime (Hentai Anime)

A number of veteran seiyuu (40 years and older) have voiced characters in ero-anime (hentai anime) and they went on to voice characters in anime targeted at general, family and children's audiences: Inoue Kikuko, Mitsuishi Kotono, Imai Yuka, Nishihara Kumiko, Kanai Mika, Koorogi Satomi, Yamaguchi Kappei, etc.

Takada Yumi, the "Queen of Ero-Anime," successfully juggled roles between non-ero-anime and ero-anime for many years.

Younger seiyuu who have done eroge (hentai games) or emerged from the eroge field include Nabatame Hitomi, Gotou Yuuko, and Itou Shizuka.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-01-28 at 04:18.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 06:32   Link #482
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
Excellent! I don't know if any other movie releases did the same thing but, it appears they're copying the "5 Centimeters per Second" LE. This LE release is cheaper by around 1000 Yen, though. The LE edition due in April is going to have a film strip cut from the actual movie reel! It'll also contain the movie disc, bonus disc, a glossary booklet and of course, packaged in an LE box.

Now I'm tempted to get it in Japanese except my brothers will want to watch it too so, IDK

Haven't watched the CAM version yet because if I do, I'll probably end up not watching the DVD release when it's out.

Edit
Ah wait, forgot Brave Story also had a film strip with its LE

Last edited by Xcomp; 2008-01-28 at 06:57.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 15:01   Link #483
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Haven't watched the CAM version yet because if I do, I'll probably end up not watching the DVD release when it's out.
I watched the cam version last night, and it left me wanting to see the DVD version asap. I could tell the cam version really took away the shine from the animation (it looked like the old EVA TV series almost lol), so now I'll be very impressed when I see the HQ version... can't wait to see the shiny HQ frames
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 12:12   Link #484
Ottocycle

For the Singaporean Eva fans, I've got reliable correspondence from within Cathay that they are planning to release 1.0 here within the next few months. Keep a lookout.

I wonder have Hk and Taiwan shown it though...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 23:46   Link #485
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
I watched the cam version last night, and it left me wanting to see the DVD version asap. I could tell the cam version really took away the shine from the animation (it looked like the old EVA TV series almost lol), so now I'll be very impressed when I see the HQ version... can't wait to see the shiny HQ frames
I want to see this movie bad, but I can't bring myself to watch the Cam Version because of that reason but I might have to soon.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 09:01   Link #486
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
LOL, yeah. CAM versions are like that really but what can one do when one wants to watch it ASAP but there's no alternatives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
For the Singaporean Eva fans, I've got reliable correspondence from within Cathay that they are planning to release 1.0 here within the next few months. Keep a lookout.

I won't be surprised if they show it in other Asian countries before the DVD release considering it appeared at the Korean Pusan International Film Festival. It had Korean and English subs already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
I want to see this movie bad, but I can't bring myself to watch the Cam Version because of that reason but I might have to soon.
You can hold back. It's only two months away

I might actually try and get a hold of the LE after all but the problem is how hard will it be to get it. It's got a very big fan base after all so it could end up selling out first day never mind reaching import stores.
Old 2008-02-03, 09:02   Link #487
Tormenk

Quote:

That's really good news. Woo!

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 09:22   Link #488
Ornette

Quote:
I might actually try and get a hold of the LE after all but the problem is how hard will it be to get it. It's got a very big fan base after all so it could end up selling out first day never mind reaching import stores.
I preordered it from cdjapan, $40 something dollars.

Also, possible 2.0 premier? http://contents.innolife.net/news/li...=6&ai_id=81091
Quote:
Japan this winter, the upcoming sequel EVANGELION: Division
Ornette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 14:43   Link #489
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornette View Post
I preordered it from cdjapan, $40 something dollars.

Also, possible 2.0 premier? http://contents.innolife.net/news/li...=6&ai_id=81091
$40? You're ordering the regular edition then I presume? Well, they don't cover import taxes so, I don't really want to risk it. Last time I ordered an Anime DVD from Amazon JP, I got charged £15 (US$30) customs and handling fee.

As for that site, it reports how the import companies in Korea are currently considering whether or not they should show the second movie in their cinemas too, after the success of the first movie. Nothing about the première date.

Edit
Ah wait, YesAsia has them up for pre-order. They cover tax so that's good

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1010043631/ (Regular)
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1010043634/ (LE)

Last edited by Xcomp; 2008-02-04 at 21:36. Reason: Found place for DVDs.
Old 2008-02-04, 23:04   Link #490
Ottocycle

Quote:
I won't be surprised if they show it in other Asian countries before the DVD release considering it appeared at the Korean Pusan International Film Festival. It had Korean and English subs already.
For the R1 market, let's allow ADV some time to raise the funds to license it.IIRC there failed bids for D&R and EoE. If I'm right they won't want to repeat that. Bad publicity?
But big movies(ie. Ghibli and stuff) typically take just a few months to get here these days. For a recent example, Kadokawa's 2006 blockbuster movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time got to other East Asian territories pretty far earlier before it's license by Bandai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post

That's really good news. Woo!
Yep, great news indeed. Good that it piggybacked on the disappointment that Kara no Kyoukai will not be coming...
And alleviated it a little.
Old 2008-03-03, 09:10   Link #491
Tormenk

SG fans rejoice! Project ReBuild will be available in Singaporean cinemas starting from the 13th of March!

Old 2008-03-03, 18:47   Link #492
Ottocycle

Quote:
SG fans rejoice! Project ReBuild will be available in Singaporean cinemas starting from the 13th of March!
Eh where you see one ar? NPNT. LOL

Translation: Where was the notice put up? Cineleisure? The Cathay? The Papers?
Old 2008-03-04, 00:12   Link #493
Tormenk

Quote:
Eh where you see one ar? NPNT. LOL

Translation: Where was the notice put up? Cineleisure? The Cathay? The Papers?
Cathay cineleisure movie poster while I was out yesterday. I found the link with the pic but not too sure whether I can link it here.

Edit: Oh well here it is here. If anything's wrong, PM me and I'll remove the picture and link asap.

http://www.cathay.com.sg/cp_comingsoon.html

Old 2008-03-05, 01:23   Link #494
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well like every year, I rewatched all my Evangelion DVDs, only to realize that I'm still waiting for the movie like last year when I rewatched it. This waiting is quite agonizing and painful.

So I'm guessing America is not going to be able to purchase the DVDs will they? I hate DVD regions...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:21   Link #495
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave Send a message via Skype™ to Arcwave
I was actually lucky enough (through my film career) to see Evangelion 1.0 at the American Film Market (AFM) last year in Santa Monica, CA. Man, what an awesome experience...

They had representatives from ADV as well as Manga Entertainment there. They indicated that we should know a license date by the end of Winter '08. That is very soon, people.

I just hope they keep their word.

/j
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:28   Link #496
Kisuke06
I see...

Damn, I'll need to fly to Singapore this month.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 07:26   Link #497
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
Damn, I'll need to fly to Singapore this month.
Next month? I'm sorry but you might be right in time for the end of the movie run, or end up catching no movie. Commercial movie screenings usually run for about 2-3 weeks per title, 1 month max.

For whoever's seriously thinking of doing that. I presume there's actually some out there...

Old 2008-03-06, 07:45   Link #498
Tormenk

Quote:
Next month? I'm sorry but you might be right in time for the end of the movie run, or end up catching no movie. Commercial movie screenings usually run for about 2-3 weeks per title, 1 month max.

For whoever's seriously thinking of doing that. I presume there's actually some out there...

Singapore's the only country to get a commercial screening in Asia outside of Japan?

Old 2008-03-06, 08:16   Link #499
Ottocycle

Quote:
Singapore's the only country to get a commercial screening in Asia outside of Japan?
I have no idea about Taiwan, or Hongkong, but both should get earlier screenings than we do, if Cathay's record with niche anime movies from Japan are anything to go by.

But I asked and got no answer...

Oh, I'm quite sure South Korea's getting a screening soon, or is already showing it in theatres. Forgot where I read that.
Old 2008-03-07, 08:51   Link #500
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:

Wait, I didn't say next month, I said this month(march). =p
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, remake