AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-07, 09:09   Link #501
cpxmay
Gensokyo Adventurer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Cheers~
I'm definitely watching this on 13/3.
School holidays, guess it's gonna be pretty crowded.
__________________
cpxmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 20:26   Link #502
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxmay View Post
Cheers~
I'm definitely watching this on 13/3.
School holidays, guess it's gonna be pretty crowded.
Shounen-toting schoolkids of this age and Eva? I'll hold on that...

Anyways I'll be going with a true fanatic of the franchise on opening week(sorry, but I'm not one), so I guess I can beg him to write a comprehensive review that doesn't compose of "OMFG REI! 10/10!", if you guys like.

If Tormenk doesn't get to it first?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 01:16   Link #503
Shadow X
Stargazing
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 26
I just watch this morning in Singapore. I was amazed by some of the fighting scenes (especially the fifth angel part). Sad though, sometime the subtitles are hard to see due to the lighting of the scenes.

Hopefully Cathay will show the rest of the parts in Singapore when it is release.
__________________
Shadow X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 05:56   Link #504
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
*WanderingKnight covers his ears*

Lalalalalalalala, I can't hear you~

Seriously, I can't wait for the moment the DVD gets released in Japan.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 06:50   Link #505
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow X View Post
I just watch this morning in Singapore. I was amazed by some of the fighting scenes (especially the fifth angel part). Sad though, sometime the subtitles are hard to see due to the lighting of the scenes.

Hopefully Cathay will show the rest of the parts in Singapore when it is release.
Hey, did you stay to the end of the credits? I watched it last night, and at the end they cut the preview out. You can hear Misato start narrating the preview for like half a second before it cuts off to the end black frame with the copyright logos at the bottom right. :/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:44   Link #506
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hey, did you stay to the end of the credits? I watched it last night, and at the end they cut the preview out. You can hear Misato start narrating the preview for like half a second before it cuts off to the end black frame with the copyright logos at the bottom right. :/
Watched it 2 hours ago, and indeed, I was waiting for the preview simply because I knew there was one, only to find that they cut it out. Darn. To think they showed Death Note Live Action movie 2's preview back then at the end of 1.

This has got to be the most successful anime movie release in a while(Ghibli aside, of course.). I was in for 1st week screenings of Tokikake, Paprika and Vexille, and none of them were packed to capacity. Today it was.

I LOVE THE SCORE. Shiro Sagisu is epic win.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:52   Link #507
Shadow X
Stargazing
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hey, did you stay to the end of the credits? I watched it last night, and at the end they cut the preview out. You can hear Misato start narrating the preview for like half a second before it cuts off to the end black frame with the copyright logos at the bottom right. :/
Ya I did stay until the end, darn they cut it. :\
__________________
Shadow X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 14:37   Link #508
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Watched it 2 hours ago, and indeed, I was waiting for the preview simply because I knew there was one, only to find that they cut it out. Darn. To think they showed Death Note Live Action movie 2's preview back then at the end of 1.

This has got to be the most successful anime movie release in a while(Ghibli aside, of course.). I was in for 1st week screenings of Tokikake, Paprika and Vexille, and none of them were packed to capacity. Today it was.

I LOVE THE SCORE. Shiro Sagisu is epic win.
Wow, it was packed today too? It was packed at all the screeings when i went too. I checked all the time slots on the internet booking service for both Orchard and The Cathay, and pretty much all the timeslots were filled. I still got pretty good seats though.

Yeah the score's wonderful. I think the preview was cut because they're unsure if they'll bring in the subsequent movies, but after this premiere screening's results I think they would be really dumb not to.

I really like how Cathay's catering well to the anime movie crowd. I caught Tokikake too, great show. I skipped Paprika because I got the blu-ray instead, and Vexille just isn't my thing. Tokikake wasn't anywhere as popular as this was. It's a pity they didn't pick up Sword of the Stranger, but I'm getting that on blu-ray next month anyway, so I'm glad they're showing the movies that I can't get in high definition in my own home. ^_^
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 06:14   Link #509
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Wow, it was packed today too? It was packed at all the screeings when i went too. I checked all the time slots on the internet booking service for both Orchard and The Cathay, and pretty much all the timeslots were filled. I still got pretty good seats though.

Yeah the score's wonderful. I think the preview was cut because they're unsure if they'll bring in the subsequent movies, but after this premiere screening's results I think they would be really dumb not to.

I really like how Cathay's catering well to the anime movie crowd. I caught Tokikake too, great show. I skipped Paprika because I got the blu-ray instead, and Vexille just isn't my thing. Tokikake wasn't anywhere as popular as this was. It's a pity they didn't pick up Sword of the Stranger, but I'm getting that on blu-ray next month anyway, so I'm glad they're showing the movies that I can't get in high definition in my own home. ^_^
At this rate, I won't be surprised if the seats were filled for this whole weekend.

And it's great that they're serious in engaging this group of fans. I actually emailed Cathay's Customer Service regarding whether they're bringing in certain anime movies, and it was great that I wasn't turned away with something like "You are not privy to our marketing plans" kind of thing. So, I'll be looking forward to supporting their future offerings.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:32   Link #510
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Shounen-toting schoolkids of this age and Eva? I'll hold on that...

Anyways I'll be going with a true fanatic of the franchise on opening week(sorry, but I'm not one), so I guess I can beg him to write a comprehensive review that doesn't compose of "OMFG REI! 10/10!", if you guys like.

If Tormenk doesn't get to it first?
The irony is that I was in Japan during on the 13th so I couldn't catch it on the first day. Pity.

On the other hand, I did manage to get my hands on the OST of ReBuild...

__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 11:01   Link #511
Chrono Helix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
At this rate, I won't be surprised if the seats were filled for this whole weekend.

And it's great that they're serious in engaging this group of fans. I actually emailed Cathay's Customer Service regarding whether they're bringing in certain anime movies, and it was great that I wasn't turned away with something like "You are not privy to our marketing plans" kind of thing. So, I'll be looking forward to supporting their future offerings.
Wait, so what DID they say to you?
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 11:20   Link #512
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
Wait, so what DID they say to you?
Basically they gave me a pre-announcement about them bringing the movie into Singapore.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 13:04   Link #513
songz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I was there at the 3 pm show on Saturday at Cineleisure. The seats were FULLY BOOKED. I went to make my purchase for tickets at 1:30 pm and the counter gal told me that all seats except light blue were reserved.

And yes, given such a response from the local fandom community, I do hope Cathay attempt to bring Eva 2.0 in faster ! And I was also hoping for the omake but no dice. They cut it off.
songz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 13:19   Link #514
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Seems like the local market is quite supportive to have full seatings even after a week. Though I noticed some regular movie-goers going at the end and it that cause some slight concern whether it will affect future airings of 2:0 and such.
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 03:57   Link #515
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oz
Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
I cant wait till I can watch this!!
__________________
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:41   Link #516
songz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Seems like the local market is quite supportive to have full seatings even after a week. Though I noticed some regular movie-goers going at the end and it that cause some slight concern whether it will affect future airings of 2:0 and such.
Well trying to squeeze 180 minutes worth of plot into 90 minutes is not good. Sure they remove the "minor parts" but this greatly weakened character development.
songz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:53   Link #517
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by songz View Post
Well trying to squeeze 180 minutes worth of plot into 90 minutes is not good. Sure they remove the "minor parts" but this greatly weakened character development.
With doubt, some things have to be done in length to have the proper impact later on but nonetheless in ReBuilt's case, it seems reasonably made up with the retelling of events. Shinji's resolve, as seen when he picked up the rifle again after being blown away by the Angel's counterattack and the scenes thereafter, was a very nice touch for me. I'm already anticipating some of the possible changes down the road.

That said..I assume 2:0 will air sometime this year?
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 21:53   Link #518
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by songz View Post
And yes, given such a response from the local fandom community, I do hope Cathay attempt to bring Eva 2.0 in faster ! And I was also hoping for the omake but no dice. They cut it off.
I don't think Cathay can work faster than Gainax/Khara though...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 15:09   Link #519
_gallo_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 28
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ake-of-its-own
I don't know what to think about this news. I mean, it seems that at Khara they want to keep milking their cash cow. I wonder when they'll make 1.02 version..
__________________
Animelist :: Lastfm :: Library(incomplete) :: Twitter(italian only) -Sorry if my english is not really good

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 16:00   Link #520
Iriliane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ake-of-its-own
I don't know what to think about this news. I mean, it seems that at Khara they want to keep milking their cash cow. I wonder when they'll make 1.02 version..
All it means is that they've made a bunch of improvements for the DVD release and they're putting it back in theatres to keep it fresh in peoples minds for when 2.0 comes out since it seems to be taking longer than originally anticipated. Milking the cow would be if they'd waited a year or two and then released a new DVD with these changes.
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie, remake

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.