AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-24, 22:34   Link #1481
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Shinji and Manservice, as defined by Inukami!, do NOT mix well.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 09:41   Link #1482
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
We need to ask Asuka about that
__________________

Tsundere Asuka is a Turn On. No one can deny that faggots!
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 13:07   Link #1483
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Valencia, Venezuela
Quote:
Originally Posted by romari View Post
[redundant]

DUDE No matter what you say...its the same stuff lol

Its like saying an elephant is not the same because he is upside down or because he has more bugs stick than yesterday....honestly....
If this is your opinion on 2.0, I'd love you hear your take on Endless Eight...

I take Sadamoto's manga had no reason to be either, then? Because after all, it was 'the same stuff', too...
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 17:30   Link #1484
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
I just wanted to say I believe that Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone was extremely awesome. I longed to watch it on a big screen (I finally got my wish at Otakon) and it bought back so many happy memories of one of my all time favorite animes! I am so close to dusting of my NGE Platinum Collectors set and re-watching the series.

Even though I knew exactly what was going to happen it still felt fresh to me

<3 Asuka. Can't wait for 2.0 Advance.
__________________
Life is not so much random chocolates,
as it is a can of sour soda that we open up, and guzzle down.
We know it is sour, but we will drink it anyway.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 21:40   Link #1485
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
I just wanted to say I believe that Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone was extremely awesome. I longed to watch it on a big screen (I finally got my wish at Otakon) and it bought back so many happy memories of one of my all time favorite animes! I am so close to dusting of my NGE Platinum Collectors set and re-watching the series.

Even though I knew exactly what was going to happen it still felt fresh to me

<3 Asuka. Can't wait for 2.0 Advance.
Yeah...seeing it on a big screen makes all the difference, doesn't it? I saw both 1.0 and 2.0 at the kick-ass Sunshine Cinemas in Ikebukero, and they both blew me away.

I bought the 1.01 DVD, but it just ain't the same...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:51   Link #1486
stefcn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Isn't it getting a bit too much? That's what I think anyway
stefcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 08:15   Link #1487
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcn View Post
Isn't it getting a bit too much? That's what I think anyway
How do you mean?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 09:22   Link #1488
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
How do you mean?
Aaaaaambiguous baiting and complaining without good reason?
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 20:34   Link #1489
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Aaaaaambiguous baiting and complaining without good reason?
That's what I figured, but it's nice to be sure.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 20:42   Link #1490
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Me and a friend had an interesting conversation about Eva earlier. We disscussed the fact that because the show shifts so much, starting about the time of the 12th angel, you can have two types of fans for the show. The fans who favor the earlier part where the show is a giant robot show with mysteries, a lot of great charecters, some sinsister conspriecy, and a whole lot of school and home life comedy. Then you've got the later psychologically driven, very dark apocolyptic with lots of strange imagry later part of the show. So witch are you? And yes it is possible to like them both.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:43   Link #1491
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
I'm both, but more to the latter than the former. Big robots don't interest me; it's the pilot(s) behind the wheel that interest me.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:45   Link #1492
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm an old-school fan, so I'd say both.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:56   Link #1493
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 29
I like both, but I prefer the former.

The part when Asuka arrives and when the pilots team up to take out all the different Angels is what I consider the golden eps of the series. It was just great to watch.

Its been admitted that the religious imagery and terms dont have really any meaning other than Anno thinking they were cool. I do like the psychological aspects of the show but many believe it becomes pretentious later on - more of an exercise of how to make Shinji cry in this episode, rather than actual progression on how to deal with their issues.
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 23:37   Link #1494
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Me and a friend had an interesting conversation about Eva earlier. We disscussed the fact that because the show shifts so much, starting about the time of the 12th angel, you can have two types of fans for the show. The fans who favor the earlier part where the show is a giant robot show with mysteries, a lot of great charecters, some sinsister conspriecy, and a whole lot of school and home life comedy. Then you've got the later psychologically driven, very dark apocolyptic with lots of strange imagry later part of the show. So witch are you? And yes it is possible to like them both.
I love the former, but it was the latter that make me sit up and say, "This is the greatest mecha anime EVER!"
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 00:41   Link #1495
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
I like both, but I prefer the former.

The part when Asuka arrives and when the pilots team up to take out all the different Angels is what I consider the golden eps of the series. It was just great to watch.

Its been admitted that the religious imagery and terms dont have really any meaning other than Anno thinking they were cool. I do like the psychological aspects of the show but many believe it becomes pretentious later on - more of an exercise of how to make Shinji cry in this episode, rather than actual progression on how to deal with their issues.
^This. I pretty much loved the series around those golden episodes, and everything past that is just kinda 'eh' to me.

I felt like it was a better study of the characters in the first half than in the second, where it just felt messy and awkwardly paced. Just my opinion of course.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 00:43   Link #1496
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
^This. I pretty much loved the series around those golden episodes, and everything past that is just kinda 'eh' to me.

I felt like it was a better study of the characters in the first half than in the second, where it just felt messy and awkwardly paced. Just my opinion of course.
What do you think of the pacing in the movies so far?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 04:02   Link #1497
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
For movies, they're paced better than expected, though my friend commented on 2.0: "What, an Angel? AGAIN?"
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:15   Link #1498
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 35



In case you are wondering what all these are, those are designs from a seperate novelization of EVA where things gets really epic, like you have EVA going into space to fight Angels. Apparently, Gainax has plans for them now.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:37   Link #1499
GaijinOtaku
Yuri Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington U.S.A.
I'm waiting to see 1.0 when FUNi releases the DVD. I don't want to watch a low quality version on a small screen online. But I'm praying that 2.0 gets a North American release like 1.0 because Iwill pay so much money to see it. I wish I lived in Japan so I could see it now, but I don't and I'm a poor white teenager. TT
__________________
Are you a fan of Azumanga Daioh? Then check us out! http://z8.invisionfree.com/Grim_AzuBastion/index.php
GaijinOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 18:05   Link #1500
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinOtaku View Post
I'm waiting to see 1.0 when FUNi releases the DVD. I don't want to watch a low quality version on a small screen online. But I'm praying that 2.0 gets a North American release like 1.0 because Iwill pay so much money to see it. I wish I lived in Japan so I could see it now, but I don't and I'm a poor white teenager. TT
And since your far from the only one who wants such a thing, I think it's a safe bet that all of rebuild is going to be brought over. Unless 1.0 flops horribly in sales, I see Funimation making a decent amount of change. Shame Rei's dub voice is going to be different though.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie, remake

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.