AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-21, 18:00   Link #1541
ukanimemike
Love Animes !
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Age: 40
Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
hello everyone,

Thanks very much for all of your kind helps.... I also like Full metal panic series very much. It' really good to know there are many anime fan in UK and I am able to keep in touch with you guys here.....

In my town , we have a local comic shop but they only sells US comics books, DVDs and figures. The other day, i went into that comic shop and ask about if they do any Japanese's figurs, books or DVDs, they thing i am taking the micky out of them and they think i am am messing around...... so I never go into that shop again......

It's very hard to find Japanese's Anime store in UK, the closest one are those small shop either in China Town London or in what used to called "Oriental City" (shopping Mall in Burnt Oak - Egware)....there used to be a very big Japanese's book store in the Oriental City Shopping mall however, the other day when i visit it again , it closed down.....how sad

About the Signature, i have been looking on the internet but it's hard to find any good small anime picture at this size, does anyone know i can find good quality small anime pciture ??

Thanks sooo much again. Hopw you all have a nice and happy week

Mike
ukanimemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 18:11   Link #1542
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanimemike
In my town , we have a local comic shop but they only sells US comics books, DVDs and figures. The other day, i went into that comic shop and ask about if they do any Japanese's figurs, books or DVDs, they thing i am taking the micky out of them and they think i am am messing around...... so I never go into that shop again......
Don't let that bother you, there are many good non-manga comics, although I must warn you that collecting them can turn out to be a pricy hobby
And keep bothering them until they start selling those manga goodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanimemike
It's very hard to find Japanese's Anime store in UK, the closest one are those small shop either in China Town London or in what used to called "Oriental City" (shopping Mall in Burnt Oak - Egware)....there used to be a very big Japanese's book store in the Oriental City Shopping mall however, the other day when i visit it again , it closed down.....how sad
The UK should have more than a few decent online stores where you can get the goodies you want, if you're interested check the DVD&Licensed forum, it has a "Where do I buy thread". In fact usually these online stores are ALOT cheaper than your local store is.


Oh, before I forget,

A warm welcome, enjoy your stay at the forum

PS Read the rules before the monsters lurking in the shadows of these forums (aka mods eat your posts
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:16   Link #1543
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Surrey, England, land of rubbishness.
Age: 36
Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakeDesu
Also, yes, I checked out jAppi's profile, and well, am worried what some might think of me, being his older sister...
1) I am not as much of an arsehole as him. If anything, the label you can apply to me is "spammer." Though, I am getting help, and hope to one day, stop the spam. Remember, friends don't let friends spam. Spam is bad--and all that.
I think most of the forum, certainly the admins, will take you as you are, rather than pre-judge you, so don't worry too much. And hello.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 03:06   Link #1544
elniro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, UK!!
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to elniro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanimemike
hello everyone,

Thanks very much for all of your kind helps.... I also like Full metal panic series very much. It' really good to know there are many anime fan in UK and I am able to keep in touch with you guys here.....


It's very hard to find Japanese's Anime store in UK, the closest one are those small shop either in China Town London or in what used to called "Oriental City" (shopping Mall in Burnt Oak - Egware)....there used to be a very big Japanese's book store in the Oriental City Shopping mall however, the other day when i visit it again , it closed down.....how sad

Mike
yo to another UK anime fan, there's also an oriental city in colindale, havent been there in years so dunno if it's any good.
And if you want to know good places on internet with cheap anime and stuff pm or add me to msn

later on
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 05:04   Link #1545
MegaEvils
[M7]MegaEvils
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado, ask if you want more info.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to MegaEvils
Hey

Hey people,

Ive been downloading from Animesuki for a while but never paid a visit to the foums till now, but I've decided to join and talk with the people who bring me such awsome anime and in such good quality.

I really dont have much to talk about. I usually dont post in fourms much so I'm a Newbcake at this. But look for me in the fourms and drop me a PM if you wanna talk Tech. or Anime ^^;;

Later.
MegaEvils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:39   Link #1546
Baleog
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Let us have a drink.
Baleog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 06:09   Link #1547
JoeHigashi
Crazy angel
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Porto-Portugal
Age: 30
Hi ^^ Im Joe from Portugal ^^
JoeHigashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 12:49   Link #1548
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleog
Let us have a drink.
Sure, you bring the beer, I'll bring the anime

Welcome to the forum
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 14:44   Link #1549
Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke
Am NEW so be NICE..!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke Send a message via MSN to Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke Send a message via Yahoo to Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke
hi..
am new here..
am 18 yrs old and am in my 2nd yr at college.. i love swimming, reading and meeting or chating with people from all around the world..

Am from the middle east- UAE (United Arab Emirates)..


and i would love to have fun in this forum..
Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 21:16   Link #1550
PiggyCanHack
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver BC,Canada
Send a message via AIM to PiggyCanHack Send a message via MSN to PiggyCanHack
Sup guys?
I am PiggyCanHack.
Most people might know me around Ragnarok Online, Other things and I'm trying to start my own fangroup now so Yea. If you want to join just email me
I think we can do it.
Anyways Hello to you all and nice to meet you^_^
This forum looks nice and fun and I'm looking foward to post lots here.
PiggyCanHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 00:11   Link #1551
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Hello PiggyCanHack, welcome to the forum, but unfortunately your signature isn't welcome. It's simply too big and is likely to get deleted by a forum Moderator... like me. You should read the Forum Rules. For more specifics on banner limitations and what you can get away with you should read this classic post by xris.

If you don't shrink down the file size of your banner (and some of the text) it's likely to get deleted soon.

As for the rest of you newcomers, MegaEvils, Baleog, JoeHigashi and Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke welcome to our forum also! Hope you have fun here. As a matter of fact, I might just add to the rules that you have to have fun here since I don't like it when people don't have fun. Just don't have so much fun that the swat team needs to be called in to suppress your party.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 04:12   Link #1552
Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke
Am NEW so be NICE..!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke Send a message via MSN to Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke Send a message via Yahoo to Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke
Thanx alot..

Am new to this Anime World 2, and am not a fan of Cartoons either, so i thought it wouldnt be that fun.. but i was surprised by the fact that animes are really cool and am actually watching three animes at the moment..!!


and dnt worry, i think that this forum is really cool and i am having fun..!!
Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:27   Link #1553
Himura
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
hi all im new ^^

hi all im new here ,
supz

my name is eliran and im from israel ,
so im sorry if i will have bad spelling !

recently i wached the sites torrents zone and i loved it
so i wanted to join the forums and help if i can .

i have a quistion :
if someone ask's a link for some series can i bring him
a torrent from other site ?
or its forbiden here ?

btw - nice to meet ya all

btw2 - the naruto torrent of eps 110-111 is isnt working for me ,
its saying i got a prob and i really want to wach it ,
do u got that prob too ?
Himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:47   Link #1554
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 36
It depends on the series. If the show is licensed you are NOT allowed to post links for it. If it isn't licensed, then you may... Having said that, if it isn't licensed we're probably listing it already...

Regarding your other comments: 1) Welcome, check the General Chat forum for the introduction thread and 2) check the Download Help forum for download related questions .
__________________
🐾
…to be bold, to be brave; it is the thinking that the heart can still be saved.
And the darkness can come quick. The danger's in the anger and the hanging on to it.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:51   Link #1555
Himura
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
It depends on the series. If the show is licensed you are NOT allowed to post links for it. If it isn't licensed, then you may... Having said that, if it isn't licensed we're probably listing it already...

Regarding your other comments: 1) Welcome, check the General Chat forum for the introduction thread and 2) check the Download Help forum for download related questions .
oh ok thank u

by the way where sshould i say my prob about naruto's torrent ?
Himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 12:07   Link #1556
elniro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, UK!!
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to elniro
If u got a prob about downloading Naruto using BitTorrent, then you should post in "download help"
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 12:11   Link #1557
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himura
btw2 - the naruto torrent of eps 110-111 is isnt working for me ,
its saying i got a prob and i really want to wach it ,
do u got that prob too ?
110-111 is very recent, it should still be seeded, if it still doesn't work ask the question in the Download Help forum. Be sure to describe which torrent client you are using and what exactly the problems a re (which error msg, if you can connect to seeds, stuff like that, ...)


Apart from that, welcome to Himura, Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke and Piggy can Hack
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 15:30   Link #1558
Himura
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
110-111 is very recent, it should still be seeded, if it still doesn't work ask the question in the Download Help forum. Be sure to describe which torrent client you are using and what exactly the problems a re (which error msg, if you can connect to seeds, stuff like that, ...)


Apart from that, welcome to Himura, Uchiha_Itachi_Sasuke and Piggy can Hack
ok i will , thanks !
Himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 22:30   Link #1559
Ziggurat 8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Little question, from new user...

Hi,

I'm just signing here, in this forum and I'm not realy used to it. It is realy for talking about RPG that I signed up. Actualy I like Anim to, but that is not my prime interest.

Anyways, I want to know If it is a good forum to talk with peoples about various RPG. If it isn't I would be glad if someone could tell me where I could find a forum who will fit with my need.

Oh, by the way, I talk in french generaly so... be kind with me, I know that my english could sometime sound odd.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-26 at 01:01. Reason: Threads merged
Ziggurat 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 01:08   Link #1560
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggurar 8
Hi,

I'm just signing here, in this forum and I'm not realy used to it. It is realy for talking about RPG that I signed up. Actualy I like Anim to, but that is not my prime interest.

Anyways, I want to know If it is a good forum to talk with peoples about various RPG. If it isn't I would be glad if someone could tell me where I could find a forum who will fit with my need.

Oh, by the way, I talk in french generaly so... be kind with me, I know that my english could sometime sound odd.
While we have a Games Forum it is mostly devoted to Japanese games or anime related games. (Though there is a decent smattering of other stuff.) This forum's main focus is on anime. Still, we are a varied bunch and you do like anime also. It is worth hanging around long enough to find out if you like talking with us. After that you can blow us off if you don't like the things we talk about.

Incidently, did you misspell your username? I'm guessing that it was supposed to be Ziggurat 8. Like the character in Xenosaga. If that was an error, drop me a PM and I'll change it for you. (Though you'll have to remember to sign on with the new username if I do.)
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
introduction, new members

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.