AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-07, 11:34   Link #1621
elniro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, UK!!
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to elniro
sup new members

and alexcha even if you put joke after that cuss word i think the mods will still find it a bit offensive so best to edit it or something so you dont get banned or nethin
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 11:38   Link #1622
Alexcha17
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BERLIN!!!
AHA!!! A new follower! hail to me newcomer!!! and serve Darkness in the name of this forum! welcome...
Alexcha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 16:20   Link #1623
elniro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, UK!!
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to elniro
I bow to u alexcha

elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 19:24   Link #1624
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexcha17
Hey Im new. Bow to me worthless members(except me) of this FORUM!!!
wow. hope you are perm-banned.

i would have given you a welcome, but you dont seem at all pleasent.

elniro - welcome to the forums! but dont forget to rate someone elses' post in the Rate your avatar/Signature threads.

and also conform to the expanded signature forum rules.

Quote:
Welcome Cold.As.Hell and Tr4nce! I hope you both have a great time here. There are a lot of great people on this forum and the moderators are all really nice except for that NoSanninWa person who is always grumpy and humorless.
wow! what an extreme typo! you added N, o, a, n, n, and w and forgot the X, and R!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 20:21   Link #1625
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 39
Welcome to the new people (Cold.As.Hell Elniro and Tr4nce) except for Alexcha who managed to mess up a dozen thread sin one day, I hope it's a permban .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
There are a lot of great people on this forum and the moderators are all really nice except for that NoSanninWa person who is always grumpy and humorless.
Yes, new people watch out for this dangerous specimen of the moderator breed. He/she (gender still undecided/unknown) can be recognised by the nasty scar on the cheek, probably a leftover from an encounter with aggressive banned users
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:01   Link #1626
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Caster's Magic Ball ^^
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Welcome Cold.As.Hell and Tr4nce! I hope you both have a great time here. There are a lot of great people on this forum and the moderators are all really nice except for that NoSanninWa person who is always grumpy and humorless.
LOL! Don't listen to them, guys. NoSanninWa is the coolest (topped only by Xris, the most lenient of the mods ) Anyhows, a big hello to Cold and Trance as well. I'm sure you'll have great fun here. I've been away for a really, really long time, actually. Were it not for Eva, I may have given up on anime altogether. Anyhow, AmBlu's back in action. May the good times roll again!
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:45   Link #1627
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexcha17
Hey Im new. Bow to me worthless members(except me) of this FORUM!!!
wow. hope you are perm-banned.
It happend almost as soon as you wished for it. Quick, huh? xris is a champion at the sport of speed-banning. Everyone wave goodbye to Sid_Burn again.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 12:49   Link #1628
elniro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, UK!!
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to elniro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins

elniro - welcome to the forums! but dont forget to rate someone elses' post in the Rate your avatar/Signature threads.

and also conform to the expanded signature forum rules.

thanks, although i've been here for 2 or 3 weeks i think, thanks for the welcome anyway.

Yea i read the rules but i cant make any decent sig for the requirements
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 20:13   Link #1629
CyanicCypher
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York City
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to CyanicCypher
How To Post New Torrents?????

First off I would like to say hi to everybody.

I Just joined the forum and would like to know what I have to do if i want to post a new file.

How do I configure Azureus?
What info do post in the forum for user to be able to access that file?

Thanks;

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-09 at 00:40. Reason: Threads merged!
CyanicCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 00:39   Link #1630
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanicCypher
First off I would like to say hi to everybody.

I Just joined the forum and would like to know what I have to do if i want to post a new file.

How do I configure Azureus?
What info do post in the forum for user to be able to access that file?

Thanks;
Welcome to the forum. The subject of welcoming new members has its own thread, so I'm merging this post into it. That brings me to my first point, please SEARCH for a topic before you create a new thread.

Heck, just SEARCH before you ask any question. Notice the word search in the list of links across the top of this page? Use it. If you had, you would have found this important "sticky" thread: _Sin_'s Ultimate (?) Download Guide with Azureus!

As for submitting new torrents, I'm sure you can figure that out yourself just by taking a look at how other people do it in the Torrent Submission forum, but you might want to take a look at the "sticky" thread in that forum also! Among other things it warns you not to submit licensed anime.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:56   Link #1631
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Do you really give a damn?
Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It happend almost as soon as you wished for it. Quick, huh? xris is a champion at the sport of speed-banning. Everyone wave goodbye to Sid_Burn again.
You haven't banned his I.P. Address yet?! Damn, does some other common posting member have the same I.P. address on this forum or something, or are you too busy laughing your ass off at him trying not to be caught?


By the rate he keeps coming back it should be a sport. I would call it Sin_Burn hunting and it will be host quad-monthly. The winner would some rep, a warning removed, and possibly a muffin.

Here's some tips on how to catch him:

1. If he says something about him being Sid_Burns servant, it's him trying to be someone who knows him.

2. He'll post something you bowing down to him and being great.

3. Check his information and compare it with Sid_Burn's.



One day I'll get that muffin, but I have the fastest time for banning a member for another account in a time of less than 12 hours (actually I disabled the account, and he was finished minutes later by hobbs). :Sigh: At least Sid_Burn more of a challenge to find. (but not by much.)
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 19:24   Link #1632
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33


LOL! Razer, with 25000+ members I think they do a most awesome job.

When there is like 100 members to a forum it is much more easier.

And you can't just block IP's willy nilly lol it doesn't work like that, other than actually tracking their IP you also have to contemplate whether or not it is a home computer and not a UNI or cafe computer, also even if it is a home computer that computer may have multiple users like brothers/sisters and such.

I'm not positive but I'm sure a lot of thought goes into it before an actual IP gets banned.

Don't get me wrong though, from what I can see you are doing a decent job over at Crazed Hearts forum. Keep it up.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 07:48   Link #1633
Qlash
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Qlash Send a message via MSN to Qlash
Post

Hello!

I was looking for this kind of thread for a while
My name is Martin and I'm 20 years old, living in Sweden
Currently studying at university and spending free time playing poker or watching way to much Anime (If that's possible)
Nice to meet you everyone!
Qlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 12:07   Link #1634
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Do you really give a damn?
Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay


LOL! Razer, with 25000+ members I think they do a most awesome job.

When there is like 100 members to a forum it is much more easier.

And you can't just block IP's willy nilly lol it doesn't work like that, other than actually tracking their IP you also have to contemplate whether or not it is a home computer and not a UNI or cafe computer, also even if it is a home computer that computer may have multiple users like brothers/sisters and such.

I'm not positive but I'm sure a lot of thought goes into it before an actual IP gets banned.

Don't get me wrong though, from what I can see you are doing a decent job over at Crazed Hearts forum. Keep it up.
So, It's a lot more compicated that I thought, and you were the one who gave a neg rep. (Damn, I love that rep message so much. <3 )

And the rest of you can't see it! :starts taunting members about a neg rep:

It was worth it....

EDIT: And thanks for the support of my moderating abilities over at Crazed Hearts, but no one has done crap bad enough to get banned yet, unlike the first forums.

EDIT 2: Wait a minute! If it wasn't Shay it could be NSW! (NotSafeforWork)

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-12-11 at 12:33.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 15:00   Link #1635
elniro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, UK!!
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to elniro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlash
Hello!

I was looking for this kind of thread for a while
My name is Martin and I'm 20 years old, living in Sweden
Currently studying at university and spending free time playing poker or watching way to much Anime (If that's possible)
Nice to meet you everyone!
Welcome welcome Qlash
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 03:39   Link #1636
burnttoast
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: planet earth
total newbie. first forum i'm a member of. Of course, it's AnimeSuki so it's gotta be good.

just started using animesuki this last march -- been great so far
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 03:49   Link #1637
Fatalis
Unshaved Document
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Riga, Latvia
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Fatalis
You all must be slapped. Which is why I've joined.

LET THE SLAPPING BEGIN!
Fatalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 17:12   Link #1638
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Fatalis - sid? is that you?

burnttoast - hi burnt, this is the online version of AA. except alcohol is much cheaper.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 18:48   Link #1639
Fatalis
Unshaved Document
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Riga, Latvia
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Fatalis
I'm not, sorry.
Fatalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 11:19   Link #1640
Fire Shadow
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I'm lousy at this but here goes. As you can tell the name is Fire Shadow and I'm the new guy. From what I've seen AnimeSuki is a nice forum and I hope to have a good time here.

Some of the animes I like are Escaflowne, Excel Saga, Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, DBZ, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Bleach.

As for manga my favourites are Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Trigun and Bleach.
Fire Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
introduction, new members

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.