AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 23:00   Link #41
kujoe
from head to heel

Hmmm, I was wondering if it's just me, but I found myself preferring the quality of the first season more. I think the visuals of the first season are... somewhat softer, and I think that sort of look suits this series pretty well. It's also a bit browner too, I think. If I'm not mistaken, a different studio is handling this series this time around?

All in all, I can't wait! And of course, Kunihiko Ryo's involvement certainly doesn't hurt. Now, if only there's going to be a Bangaihen OVA in the near future...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 12:39   Link #42
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Relatively rare Emma fan art from Mizuki Makoto (aka Jekyll-and-Hyde):
Old 2007-03-28, 14:24   Link #43
Bazaa

Argh, the number of episodes this season will have isn't still known? I wish it would still span the end of the manga - the scanlations stopped very near the end so I still don't know what happened =_=
Bazaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 15:10   Link #44
Rion
Ramune~

Err, am I the only person who actually thinks that the character design looks kind of weird? Personally I absolutely don't like the eyes ^^;;; It makes me rather unsure about whether I will finish the anime.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 15:36   Link #45
cmage

The eyes only bug me on the characters from the first season. Hopefully I'll get used to them soon enough. They're rather wide, though. :/

I really hope it covers the rest of the manga. No more cliffhangers, please! Though if it doesn't, I've always got the manga to tide me through.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 16:59   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I am shocked (in a happy way) to see iichan returning to anime subbing for the promo! Can anyone confirm that iichan intends to sub the entire series? Or do their schedules no long allow for anime fansubbing?

I know that I, for one, am ecstatic to think that the second series will be subbed with the same care and detail that the first season was. Not to mention the possibility of more FON's guides!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 17:17   Link #47
cmage

If iichan subs the entire series, I will be ecstatic. I loved their guides at the ends of the episodes so much! They made me warm and fuzzy inside. When I read the manga, I find myself missing them....
Old 2007-03-28, 18:00   Link #48
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmage View Post
If iichan subs the entire series, I will be ecstatic. I loved their guides at the ends of the episodes so much! They made me warm and fuzzy inside. When I read the manga, I find myself missing them....
You read the manga but don't have the guides? That's curious... Whisper's Guide to Emma's World began as an extra thrown into the torrents of each collected volume. Some really cool person (not me) has collected the manga versions of the guide at http://hellsing.comicgenesis.com/emma/guide/

Not to worry, a team has been assembled and all is in readiness. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, "we will be there."

Edit: Oh, FON (quite ably) did the guides for Kamichu. I did the guides for the Emma manga and anime, and will be doing them for Second Act, along with editing, translation, typesetting, and timing. Jedi_Vader will do encoding and distribution. Mogura (my Japanese friend) will check my translation and steer me away from any potential Mass Borked Translation Events. I hope I haven't missed anyone.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 18:12   Link #49
cmage

I'm getting the CMX volumes as they come out, and they don't have guides or notes or anything. Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check it out. *bookmarks*

Off topic, but do you have the rest of the Shirley scanlations available for IRC download? My school blocks torrent clients, and I really want to read all of it. ToT Same goes for Emma Bangaihen, actually.
Old 2007-03-28, 21:06   Link #50
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

Quote:
...do you have the rest of the Shirley scanlations available for IRC download? My school blocks torrent clients, and I really want to read all of it. ToT Same goes for Emma Bangaihen, actually.
http://iitran.secchan.net/, then follow the IRC link. I'm not good at IRC file transfer stuff, but I'm told people have Shirley and Bangaihen available.
Old 2007-03-28, 22:11   Link #51
cmage

Thanks. When I checked, only the first two chapters of Shirley were up, but I'll look at different times to see if there're other servers that might have the rest.
Old 2007-03-28, 23:56   Link #52
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispers View Post
Edit: Oh, FON (quite ably) did the guides for Kamichu. I did the guides for the Emma manga and anime
My appology. I knew that. (Really I did.) I just wrote the wrong name. I'm very happy to hear that you're still doing this. Thank you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 16:20   Link #53
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Yatta!!! Thanks again to IIChan for picking this up again.

When I watched the first season, I was always waiting impatiently for the next release.

I haven't read the manga (yet!), but I'm just so happy to know that this wonderful story will continue.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:19   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im so looking forward to the 2nd season. Emma was one of the best told romances i had seen in a while. Plus for a change it doesnt involve high school love something a little lighthearted with some drama is a nice change. Plus the way it left off in the first season had me screaming for more
Old 2007-04-17, 04:35   Link #55
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
OMG!!!!
my dreams come true!!!!
at last there had a second season (i will cry again while i watch this anime)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6...l1v2196fh3.png (sssoooo cuutteee )
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 09:29   Link #56
cmage

The first episode should've aired by now, right? Anybody know what happened? I'm going to go into Emma withdrawal.
Old 2007-04-17, 10:10   Link #58
cmage

Thanks!

Who's that girl with Emma? I've only read up through volume three, but I didn't think there'd be anything shown yet that I hadn't already read.
Old 2007-04-17, 20:40   Link #59
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

I've made the episode 1 RAW available where such things usually are.
Old 2007-04-18, 07:16   Link #60
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

Quote:
Who's that girl with Emma?
That's Nanette, a new character. There are characters and stories that are new to Second Act that haven't appeared in either the first season or the manga.

WORK HAS BEGUN on episode 01, and work is nearly complete on an episode 00 that brings new viewers up to speed with a recap episode for season one. That's all done but encoding, but my encoder is having some problems with some strange framerate-fu in the raw. Look for it soon.

Tags
drama, romance, seinen