AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-01, 08:10   Link #181
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
Yuuno Kun, where are you looking?
Old 2006-09-01, 08:42   Link #182
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petco
Hmm, speaking of giant robots... I always though it would be interesting if Nanoha and company piloted some sort of giant robots, gundams, gears, E.S.es, meganites, mechs, whatever.
Bah, they're too weak!

Nanoha (and Fate) vs Gundam - no contest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-H8TUM8l6Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubkx53Fkp2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHxT66Gs_Qs
Old 2006-09-01, 14:54   Link #183
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Raging Heart will need some love for Saimoe... time to show where my alligence lies. Good RH is up against Belldandy tomorrow.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-01, 15:59   Link #184
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Belldandy... A Real Battle >.<
Old 2006-09-01, 20:52   Link #185
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

42) Dark Nanoha is also aged up for StrikerS. But she's at that creppy age where you can't tell if hitting on her would land you in jail or not.
43) For her sweet 16, Nanoha got a nice car. But Dark Nanoha secretly replaced the ignition with the activation trigger for the Arc en Ciel. Let's see if she notices.

As for naginata's, I'd picture that to be Arisa's weapon. Or one of the rich girl's anyway.

You know, if they had one.
Old 2006-09-01, 23:22   Link #186
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I would think Nanoha would not have noticed... the only one that would are whoever's being backseat driver or whoever's ahead of her. Could Nanoha and Dark Nanoha be like Shion and Mion?

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-02, 01:04   Link #187
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
What Nanoha has an evil side, I though that was just a creepy rendition in Dragonfly's Sig.
Old 2006-09-02, 01:16   Link #188
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Oh, it is. She's just part of the family tho

I could likely come up with some sort of backstory for her tho.

Hmmmm... How about far in the future Nanoha (as an older woman, maybe in her 50's) feels a lot of regret for bad descisions she's made. Everything we've seen so far in the series is all just a parapsychological dillusion of her's as she soul searches for her own truth of self. Dark Nanoha is that side of her that knows she did something terribly wrong. Her freakish oblong behaviour is so unlike the rest of her fantasy world that it's a constant searing reminder that it's only make-believe.

Some day Nanoha will overcome this regret and be able to reclaim her mind. Until then, she lives an immaterial life as her own jailor, constantly watched by her derranged dark doppleganger.

In other news, Danbooru has a breast comparrison chart for StrikerS. Poor poor Fate. Oh, well. She makes up for it in the butt department

Also, what would you guys think about a dual-saber type weapon for one of them?

EDIT:

45) She whispers strange words into your heart and makes your paranoid days.

Last edited by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs; 2006-09-02 at 03:11.
Old 2006-09-02, 04:13   Link #189
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Dual saber ? hm... dont know - I thing Signum could combine her sword and the scabard for that effect if she really wanted to Tho i think two seperate blades are better
Old 2006-09-02, 05:09   Link #190
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Ooboro vs Darth Maul, eh? I think both styles could be of equal coolness. It's mainly all situation depending.

Actually, when Signum used her sheath I thought she was going to go dualsaber. Turns out it was just a bow Not bad but... well... c'mon! Dualsabers
Old 2006-09-02, 10:58   Link #191
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well I just finished episode 7 of season one and I must say the Nanoha/Fate relationship reminds me a lot of Yoh Asakura and Tao Ren's relationship from Shaman King. Fate is the Tao Ren character who will do anything to achieve her goal and who has issues with her mother much like Tao Ren did with his father and Nanoha is the Yoh and is laid back and just wants to talk things over with Fate. However, Fate seems far more remorseful and lacking in killing intent than Tao Ren for what she is doing and I was caught of guard in episode 4 when she apologized to Nanoha just before firing the attack that KO'd her. I was expecting her character to be a lot more icy and cruel but instead she's just lonely, confused and isolated.
Old 2006-09-02, 11:10   Link #192
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata

As much as i love gundam, i have to agree Magic is better than tech, Magic that is combined with Tech just pwns everything. So the gundams being Tech alone didn't stand a chance.
Old 2006-09-02, 11:41   Link #193
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
As much as i love gundam, i have to agree Magic is better than tech, Magic that is combined with Tech just pwns everything. So the gundams being Tech alone didn't stand a chance.
I had almost no idea what was going on during any of that. All I got was Shin bitching and whining and Fate throwing her scythe and then morphing into the Strike Freedom and then back again. Or you know, something.... , was there some sort of battle.
Old 2006-09-02, 11:45   Link #194
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

don't compare Nanoha and Gundam XD
Old 2006-09-02, 14:11   Link #195
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Well I just finished episode 7 of season one and I must say the Nanoha/Fate relationship reminds me a lot of Yoh Asakura and Tao Ren's relationship from Shaman King. Fate is the Tao Ren character who will do anything to achieve her goal and who has issues with her mother much like Tao Ren did with his father and Nanoha is the Yoh and is laid back and just wants to talk things over with Fate. However, Fate seems far more remorseful and lacking in killing intent than Tao Ren for what she is doing and I was caught of guard in episode 4 when she apologized to Nanoha just before firing the attack that KO'd her. I was expecting her character to be a lot more icy and cruel but instead she's just lonely, confused and isolated.
You are right about Fate - she is far from cruel or any sort of evil actually She was the character i liked the most during the series. And do continue watching -if You like Nanoha you will most likely like Nanoha A's (second season) even better. Wolkenritter ftw
Old 2006-09-02, 15:44   Link #196
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Fate's devotion to her mother I thought was one of the most brilliant things I'd ever seen in an anime. It's so truthfully written I was amazed.
Old 2006-09-03, 04:08   Link #197
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Seeing Fate break down was painful for me. ;_;

GO FATE-CHAN GO!
Old 2006-09-03, 04:31   Link #198
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

What amazes me is just how strong Fate is... that kind of recovery from such a trauma has me masmarized.

Old 2006-09-03, 04:49   Link #199
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
This pic scares the heck out of me...

Nanoha looks a lot like Kenshin from samurai X:trust and betrayal XD.
Old 2006-09-03, 04:50   Link #200
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well...you have to admit that she is used to that kind of treatment(sad as it is) - she certainly is not the one to break down and cry, she is surprisingly strong (otherwise she would have never made it this long alive and sane with a 'mother' like that)