AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-09, 15:11   Link #261
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I always wondered about the power of familiars in this series. Let's look at some possabilities.

1) They inherit a portion of the power of whoever created them
2) They improve through traning and, being familiars, have an excellent learning speed.
3) Their power if proportionate to whom they serve.

Of course, any of these can be combined together. So let's assume Graham was awarded his familiars as part of his position (although he was clearly a soldier, it doesn't mean he got them then)

Also, did Precia make Arf or did Fate make her. I can't remember. I always thought Fate made her. If the first rule is true, then Linnis, being Precia's familia is likely pretty kickass. And for that matter, politics asside, unless Graham lost his fighting spirit he'd likely be pretty powerful.
Old 2006-09-09, 15:17   Link #262
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Arf was made by fate - Precia even cursed how her 'daughter' is a complete failure at making familiars, because this one clearly has too many emotions.

About how the catgirls got so powerful - who knows we dont really know how strong Graham is

On a side note - can Yuuno be considered Nanoha's familiar ?
Old 2006-09-09, 18:22   Link #263
Petco

The cat girls were pretty good on sneak attacks, but besides that we don't really know how strong they really are.

I mean, the first encounter, one of them kicked Chrono out of the way.

The second, one of them protected Vita from a blast but we don't really know how powerful the blast was really.

The third, one of them snuck up on Fate while fighting Signum.

And the last, Fate found one of them and did a large amount of damage on one of them(it appears), she was then hit by other one, and then quickly bound from the other one (surprise attack again). Then they bound everyone in surprise. If there wasn't two, I'm sure Fate could have taken on that one effortlessly.

They are good at trapping people in sneak attacks, but in a true fight (no sneak attacks) we really don't know the outcome.

I think in a 1v1, they'd probably lose(imo). They also depended on using the book of darkness to trap the linker cores.
Old 2006-09-09, 19:24   Link #264
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well Aria did stop that Nanoha's long range attack like it was nothing - and these attacks are Nanohas specialities, so i bet that one was pretty strong.

That time when Fate slashed at one of them in invisible mode was the only time they took damage. Granted they did use sneak attacks, but still they looked more than enaugh capable of handling a direct 1 v 1.

I still would bet my money on either of the Catgirls in a 1 v 1 fight against anyone but Book of Darkness - in worst case they would only need to hold on untill oposition runs out of cartriges
Old 2006-09-10, 01:42   Link #265
Aishii_Yorii
Dawn's Radience

Wait a sec...
Aliya and the other cat girl are supposed to be Gryam's daughters right?
And Gryam's an English man from Nanoha's world.
If Aliya and the other cat girl are sisters and Gryam's daughters, how come Gryam isn't a cat. Dose that mean that Aliya and the other cat girl are adopted?
Old 2006-09-10, 01:56   Link #266
Kikaifan
Blazing General

They're his familiars, I assume he created them...
Old 2006-09-10, 02:23   Link #267
Aishii_Yorii
Dawn's Radience

Why is everyone talking about what happened in the old seasons?
We should move on to the third season.
Which is what this whole chat thing is all about, Magic Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS!
Btw in the end of As, Nanoha her ponytail was wierd on the side. I suggest that they leave her hair untied or in a ponytail on the back of her head.
Old 2006-09-10, 02:31   Link #268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Everyone is just trying to get the story up to this point straight to get an idea on where this new season might head. (this is a forum... not a "chat" -- safety tip: be sure you read the forum rules since I see you've recently joined )

Suggest away... but the writers are very unlikely to see any suggestions from this forum and pay any attention to them if they did. Most of us are not the "target audience" demographic (i.e. people who live in Japan).

They'll probably leave it on the side more towards the back (off-angle). I've seen real girls do that and if they have thick hair (and lots of it) it looks pretty interesting.
Old 2006-09-10, 02:52   Link #269
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Man, I'll still miss Fate's old hairstyle. It's my favorite hair style on any character. ;_;
Old 2006-09-10, 03:15   Link #270
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hmm. I remember that after blocking Nanoha's long-range attack, one of the catgirls brush off an apparent wrist wound during the debrief. I am not sure if Nanoha actually causes fracture or anything to the like though... I have no idea as to how much power they have though, although with their veterancy the familiars would be something to be reckoned with.

That said, I wonder if Lindy's abilities on her own are comparible to them? The only instance that we spot her on the field is when she personally supresses the lost logia.

Asthetics wise they designers will follow the TH tradition and off-angle like Vexx said.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-10, 06:18   Link #271
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yes, i was also hoping they would leave Fate's hairstyle alone. I dont mind Nanoha's new style.

As for what we are discussing here - well we might as well discuss anything we want about Nanoha here, not only the third season. I really doubt its worth to create a new topic for each question discussed here, ne ?

About Lindy...somehow i dont think she has actuall fighting power (not one that would matter anyways)

What i would like to see is more action from Chrno - we hardly see him doing anything besides hanging arround Asura's bridge :P

And Yuuno might use some power-up as well, because as things are now all he is good for is setting up some barier (everyone can do this) and healing up Nanoha after she is beat up :P (tho now they have Shamal and she is far better than Yuuno at this :P )
Old 2006-09-10, 18:16   Link #272
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I like how in all that ruckus of a end battle, the final blow was ultimately dealt by Lindy. LOL.

As for the Familliar discussion, it only involved A's and s1 because it can't involve StrikerS yet because it hasn't aired yet. We have no clue who the new characters will be and it's doubtful that any Megami before November's will have any news (although next month's is listed as having "suprising StrikerS news". So really, other than the speculations and critiques changes and whatnot, there's really nothing to discuss because it's all been covered numerous times. And Nanoha isn't quite popular enough to get it's own board so this stuff ends up here, as it is relevant to Striker S. Discussing things like the familiars and building a loose "power scale", however flimsy it may be, helps us to decide who the key players will be.

This directing style is very unique. It sets up numerous possible situations but still stays very to-the-point, likely because the series needs crammed into 13 episodes.

But who knows? Maybe since A's made such good cash for them, Striker S may be longer.
Old 2006-09-10, 18:32   Link #273
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
And Nanoha isn't quite popular enough to get it's own board so this stuff ends up here, as it is relevant to Striker S.
If Nanoha wins saimoe, maybe we could get one

Quote:
Discussing things like the familiars and building a loose "power scale", however flimsy it may be, helps us to decide who the key players will be.
They actually were discussing power numbers in season one (ep8) but they stopped doing it... perhaps rather wisely...

Quote:
This directing style is very unique. It sets up numerous possible situations but still stays very to-the-point, likely because the series needs crammed into 13 episodes.

But who knows? Maybe since A's made such good cash for them, Striker S may be longer.
With Nanoha, Fate and Hayate working in different areas, going to 26 might work okay... I just hope they can budget and manage the longer series as well as the shorter ones.
Old 2006-09-11, 00:18   Link #274
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
This Thread needs first fanart of new héroine

Old 2006-09-11, 01:26   Link #275
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

1st thought - pervert
2nd thought - doesnt look like Nanoha at all
Old 2006-09-11, 03:22   Link #276
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well that image makes me think of the Lindy we never got to see.

And another Nanoha, age 15...

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-11, 08:31   Link #277
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I'm kinda thinking that Nanoha's original Barrier Jacket looks silly on her at age 15. It was modeled after her elementary school uniform, so it was all fine and dandy back then. Now, though...I'm hoping that Nanoha has a sleek new Barrier Jacket, or if anything, a sleek variation of her old jacket.
Old 2006-09-11, 08:32   Link #278
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Remember this prophetic image?

On the bright side, Nanoha has the best all-season 'costume' out of any magical girl there are out there.

Old 2006-09-11, 09:05   Link #279
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Nanoha's Mahou Shoujo(MS)-Outfit defies conventional designs in that it is actually conservative, and because of that, I found it quite refreshing. Fate's MS-Outfit however, retains the philosophy that the more skin you show, the less damage you take.
Old 2006-09-11, 09:17   Link #280
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Still i prefer Fate's outfit to Nanohas. Black / red + cape!! pwns. And she has a friggin scythe - what more can you want A cute version of a grim reaper