AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-18, 00:00   Link #421
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Nanoha comes up with dialogues that far surpass the one-liners typical of hollywood movies... she talks like Archer! Comparing to her Shana seems to be much younger. I can only think of Max Payne as an equivilant in recent history for action lead. Nanoha has not been put through personal tragedy to Fate's extent unless if Shiro's been putting things into her head from his former life...
maybe something in the lines of
Quote:
Why is it, people always repeat their mistakes, I wonder?
Why is it, that they love blood, and seek conflict?
Aah, but more imporantly than that
Please, protect my young sister.
that might've caused Nanoha to say what she says.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-18, 00:02   Link #422
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
I dunno. Fate, Yuuno, and Chrono were all pretty much raised to those lives; once it's accepted that they're rare talents in the first place their focus isn't that surprising to me. Nanoha and Hayate are more of a stretch IMO.
Hayate got her knowledge form the Tome of the Night Sky. Nanoha is the suprising one as she was able to fight Fate in s1 with little or no training.
Old 2006-09-18, 00:04   Link #423
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
I dunno. Fate, Yuuno, and Chrono were all pretty much raised to those lives; once it's accepted that they're rare talents in the first place their focus isn't that surprising to me. Nanoha and Hayate are more of a stretch IMO.
Ah, yeah. That's true I guess. Time might pass differently out there in space/other planets, and the way that the kids are raised might be different, too. Either that or Fate, Yuuno, and Chrono are just plain awesome. Maybe both lol.
Old 2006-09-18, 00:26   Link #424
Petco

I've quoted this before in another post on the other topic but in A's episode 9:

Vita: You devil

Nanoha: It's okay if I'm a devil...

Nanoha: I'll just have to use my hellish tools to make you listen!

That was pretty awesome for a 9 year old in the 3rd grade.
Old 2006-09-18, 00:30   Link #425
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah, it's awesome, but not exactly eloquent.

I guess I'm agreeing that it's not the sort of thing you'd expect a 9-year-old to say, but I don't think it's the response of a professional orator or anything either. It's basically just "I don't care what you think, I won't back down."
Old 2006-09-18, 00:59   Link #426
mangatron
Gyanko <3

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Nanoha is the suprising one as she was able to fight Fate in s1 with little or no training.
I thought we know why that isn't a surprise. Does anyone remember a joke we did back when A's was airing? It was before the great deletion. You'll remember the joke about "Nanoha can beat anyone as long as she says "I don't want to fight you. I want to be your friend! Let's be friends!"" (perhaps you'd might want to re-watch seasons 1&2 to fully grasp the joke )

Aw, look at me. I really did want a Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
How much?

/me gets his wallet out ready...

Nice sketch BTW. I might even consider opening Max and modeling her when I've got some free time
I better break out that Paypal donation button. I think a drawing fever just came over me

It's a wonderful view.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
with my posts all these years!
XD
Old 2006-09-18, 05:38   Link #427
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Looks like it's time for Dragnfly to explain the situation.

Nanoha is really the reincarnation of a god of action animes from the dark ages. Gatts. This gives her the inate skills to think and act like a badass adult despite being a cute little girl.

This is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt by s1, ep1 15:21-15:24 on the DVD. It's a quick scene which takes place outside her house but it does completely explain why she behaves like an adult.

Everyone else would because of how their lives have been.

The other option is that she's seen Shiro kill many, many people, all by accident (wrong place at wrong time) and has blocked it out. Thus creating a seperate facet to her personality to help cope with this truth, only to have it manifest in times when she's reminded what action and the smell of blood and singed clothing is like.

This is also backed up by that scene I mentioned earlier.
Old 2006-09-18, 06:24   Link #428
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, it's awesome, but not exactly eloquent.
Since when was Nanoha ever eloquent? Fate is the quiet and eloquent one, Nanoha prefers to get down and physical to get her point across

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
You'll remember the joke about "Nanoha can beat anyone as long as she says "I don't want to fight you. I want to be your friend! Let's be friends!""
Wasn't it you that came up with the awesome method for becoming her friend? Something like 'If you want to be friends with Nanoha, beat the crap out of her'. So true

edit: incidentally, who's this Shiro people are mentioning? I don't recall that name from either series? Either that or my memory is dulled and I need to go back and rewatch both of them.
Old 2006-09-18, 06:54   Link #429
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Bah, Dark Nanoha just takes over when its time to kick ass and talk big :P Dragnfly@Gamefaqs should know that >.<
But lets face it - would we watch a show where the main cast all act like normal 9 year olds ?

Quote:
incidentally, who's this Shiro people are mentioning? I don't recall that name from either series? Either that or my memory is dulled and I need to go back and rewatch both of them.
I believe they mean Shiro from Fate/Stay night. (provided you have seen it )
Old 2006-09-18, 08:20   Link #430
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ok... I guess I missed something while I was offline for those couple of months. The connection between Shiro and Nanoha is...?
Old 2006-09-18, 08:32   Link #431
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Someone earlier mentioned that Nanoha almost sounds like Archer, and since Archer = Shiro.... so there you have it
Old 2006-09-18, 08:33   Link #432
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Shiro is Nanoha's dad. He's a total badass in secret. And this isn't one of my jokes. He really is. Play Triangle Hearts. Actaully, if you read the old manga for it, he's also very skilled at jumping out of the way of explosions.
Old 2006-09-18, 11:09   Link #433
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Actually somebody actually thought Nanoha's like Kenshiro... for that matter, I remember people making a connection to Nanoha slap with Bright slap (turning girls into Gundam men?)

Wow, talk about pun. Shiro, Shirou, Kenshiro, Archer...
Actually, Nanoha might've been in action herself when her family's dealing with Shiro's hospitalization, who knows. (the mental image of Nanoha starring as Max Payne up against Henrietta equivilence on quest of social justice comes to mind... how else could she've been so godly in accuracy? )

But more likely, she just plays with Airsoft alot...

well I share the sentiment that Nanoha is the manliest magical girl there is.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-09-18 at 11:47.
Old 2006-09-18, 14:27   Link #434
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Shiro is Nanoha's dad. He's a total badass in secret. And this isn't one of my jokes. He really is. Play Triangle Hearts. Actaully, if you read the old manga for it, he's also very skilled at jumping out of the way of explosions.
The Triangle Hearts really have a real story of Nanoha?
Old 2006-09-18, 15:44   Link #435
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I wonder if StrikeS would have a Beach Episode
Spoiler for Knights @ the Beach:
Old 2006-09-18, 16:29   Link #436
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
The Triangle Hearts really have a real story of Nanoha?
Nanoha originated in Triange Hearts. She was just a side character (her brother & sister were the leads, though in that incarnation they're cousins). Somehow she got a spinoff game, Magical Lyrical Nanoha which evolved into the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha we know today.
Old 2006-09-18, 16:51   Link #437
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
I wonder if StrikeS would have a Beach Episode
Spoiler for Knights @ the Beach:

Actually wouldnt be surprised at all if they would include one. Its fairly comon if there are a lot of female characters in an anime >.< And there are certainly enaugh here, especially now thet most will be 15-16+ years old, so i wouldnt rate our chances of having a beach ep too low
Old 2006-09-18, 17:16   Link #438
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Since when was Nanoha ever eloquent? Fate is the quiet and eloquent one, Nanoha prefers to get down and physical to get her point across
Exactly. Her focus may be unusual for her age, but her intelligence isn't.
Old 2006-09-18, 19:12   Link #439
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, episode 1 of S1 Nanoha opened with her saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoha
Millions of people live beneath this expensive city. And they all harbour a myriad of wishes and feelings. Those feelings sometimes touch, and collide with, other people's feelings. But within some of these people are even deeper ties that surely connect them altogether... so the feelings can be passed along.
which is not typical of 9 year old, and from ep9, S1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoha
The thing you want most when you're feeling alone and sad is not to hear "everything's alright" or the kindness of others, but rather...
being able to understand each other with the same feelings... with sad feelings and lonely feelings, being able to stop half of them each...

Ah, that's it... I finally understand.
I want to share my time with her.
Those are a bit on the unbelivable side coming from a 9 years old, and a tint of being jaded there... if Usagi back in those Sailor Moon days utter anything to the like I'd be thinking "nah, that's just the princess talking." Nanoha though leaves you grappling with it.

Old 2006-09-18, 20:46   Link #440
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Might be a reflection of her upbringing. Nanoha's family after all, is not exactly your typical 'normal' family.

Considering their line of work, Death might just occur suddenly, and Nanoha would need to deal with it quickly, so maybe they went about rearing her to be more mature and stuff?

Cheers.