AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-04, 16:07   Link #1061
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Zafira is probably and almost certainly one of the tallest characters in A's.
Yeah, but he would be over 7 feet if Fate, the tallest of the girls, is of even average height for her age. I just think that art is inaccurate...
Old 2006-12-04, 16:31   Link #1062
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Yeah, but he would be over 7 feet if Fate, the tallest of the girls, is of even average height for her age. I just think that art is inaccurate...

Well both Arf and Zarfia are able to change shape and in Arf's case even her age. I don't think it is too far fetch that Zarfria would make himself bigger then normal. At 7 ft, while big isn't that off the norm.
Old 2006-12-04, 17:37   Link #1063
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Same method would put Nanoha's dad past the 99.96th percentile for height in Japan. Graham would be like six and half feet too.
Old 2006-12-04, 17:57   Link #1064
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Same method would put Nanoha's dad past the 99.96th percentile for height in Japan. Graham would be like six and half feet too.

Graham is british so while that is still taller then avg it isn't unheard of.

Nanoha's dad otoh, he could be a mutant like yao ming (finest example of genetic engineering).
Old 2006-12-04, 18:58   Link #1065
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'd go with "they didn't do the height chart accurately" just because, as I said before, charts ultimately don't really matter.

I dunno tho. Shiro could be super tall. We can assume he was stretched on a rack at some point and maybe pulled by horses. Then there's that incident in space with the solar rays or whatever.
Old 2006-12-04, 18:59   Link #1066
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Then there's that incident in space with the solar rays or whatever.

That would account for Nanoha
Old 2006-12-04, 20:54   Link #1067
Kikaifan
Blazing General

HAH. I... I'm just padding because that was too funny not to respond to but 'hah' isn't exactly 10 characters.
Old 2006-12-04, 23:59   Link #1068
MeganeShounen
The Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
That would account for Nanoha
I think I've heard somewhere that Nanoha might have gotten her uniquely powerful magical prowess from her Dad... (aherm, Kinimoto Sakura and Clow Reed? Wowzer.) I know it's already been said and done, but I can't stop thinking about it...
Old 2006-12-05, 00:59   Link #1069
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
If anyone's interested, I just finished making a Nanoha AMV.
Old 2006-12-05, 05:54   Link #1070
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
I think I've heard somewhere that Nanoha might have gotten her uniquely powerful magical prowess from her Dad... (aherm, Kinimoto Sakura and Clow Reed? Wowzer.) I know it's already been said and done, but I can't stop thinking about it...
I don't know, that wouldn't make much sense...I'm more into the theory that she's an exception in her family, the genes instead of going into physical talent went the opposite way, magical talent...or something like that.

Something that I've been thinking about is "Just how old Fate really is?"
Precia lost Alicia 26 years before Nanoha met Yuuno and she became a magical girl.
That's a big gap there, either after Alicia died, Precia immediatly tried to clone her and failed several times, or only thought of cloning her some years later.

Then, there's the "How was Fate cloned?" thing:
Two options for that one...First, Precia cloned Alicia making Fate, but still a baby. Precia then creates (or created already) Linith to raise Fate and so on...

Second, and more plausible, the cloning process jumped the "baby phase", making Fate look just like Alicia before she died, then Precia gave her Alicia's memories and Linith raised her.

If this is true then, tecnically, Fate isn't as old as Nanoha...
Old 2006-12-05, 06:12   Link #1071
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't know, that wouldn't make much sense...I'm more into the theory that she's an exception in her family, the genes instead of going into physical talent went the opposite way, magical talent...or something like that.
A few of possibilities exist on that line:

- She's the first of her kin to have magical abilities, making here a mutation (that sounds SO off...)
- A distant ancestor with magical prowess, manifesting several generations later with Nanoha
- A yet undisclosed incident that granted Nanoha magical powers in the past, yet she doesn't make the connection.

Or maybe, she's just that good

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
Old 2006-12-05, 06:18   Link #1072
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I dunno. Shiro did some pretty superhuman crap with his swords.
Old 2006-12-05, 06:34   Link #1073
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A few of possibilities exist on that line:

- She's the first of her kin to have magical abilities, making here a mutation (that sounds SO off...)
- A distant ancestor with magical prowess, manifesting several generations later with Nanoha
- A yet undisclosed incident that granted Nanoha magical powers in the past, yet she doesn't make the connection.

Or maybe, she's just that good
I go for the second option...seems reasonable.
Old 2006-12-05, 08:42   Link #1074
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
No idea about Shiro's swordpowers, but an idea put forward in another place is that traditional <i>Ki</i> (breathing) excersises might be based off basic magical techniques, but don't work because the knowledge of how to access the linker core was lost.

If I can go back to the point about Linker Cores and how they work, maybe the clue is in the name. "Linker" - that implies to me that it's connecting two things. Perhaps the Linker Core allows a connection to form between the Device and the background magic...

Which would explain how Nanoha fired off Starlight Breaker even after having her Core drained - SB takes power from the surroundings directly, rather than being forced to channel them through the Core.

By draining a creature's Linker Core, you gain access to any magical power it had drawn already but not released yet. You also gain the spells 'instinctive' to that Core - remember, when Yuuno used Raging heart to try and seal the Seed in S1E1, he didn't use the same incantation Nanoha did, suggesting that spells are person-specific not device-specific, and he told her to "listen to the words in her heart" to figure out the sealing spell.

In this thinking, the point of an Intelligent Device as opposed to a Storage Device is that the ID "remembers" the spells of its' wielder allowing it to cast them without needing a cue. That relegates Storage Devices to being a crude kind of cartridge - the Storage Device acts as a magical battery that can make up for an insufficient background power or a low-grade linker core.
Old 2006-12-05, 11:30   Link #1075
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyou Miko View Post
Which would explain how Nanoha fired off Starlight Breaker even after having her Core drained - SB takes power from the surroundings directly, rather than being forced to channel them through the Core.
not really...cause the magic was already collected above nanoha ready to fire before her linker core was tapped...all she had to do was to fire it off...and that she did

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-05, 15:42   Link #1076
Kikaifan
Blazing General

The devices process magic- basically, they can form a spell faster than a human can. Intelligent Devices can cast auto-guards and can do more of the work, but Storage Devices do it faster.
Old 2006-12-05, 15:50   Link #1077
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

IMHO, Basically the difference between Storage Devices and Intelligent Devices can be summed up in a car analogy: Manual or Automatic, respectively.

Sure, Automatic transmission takes care of gear shifting and other menial control tasks for you, allowing you to focus on the more important matters. However, a manual transmission gives you more control over the finer details of the power transmission, giving you more options in certain conditions like defensive driving.

Which makes me realize how 1337 Chrono is because he can perform powerful spells with his S2U =D

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
Old 2006-12-06, 02:09   Link #1078
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Quote:
Something that I've been thinking about is "Just how old Fate really is?"
Precia lost Alicia 26 years before Nanoha met Yuuno and she became a magical girl.
That would mean that Alicia was born 33 years before the events in Nanoha. Unless Precia was a teen mother, that would put her at least in her 50's if not older. She certainly aged well.
Old 2006-12-06, 07:00   Link #1079
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Not just Precia age well, Lindy should be atleast 36 at start of StrikeS and she look about 25 in my book
Old 2006-12-06, 08:31   Link #1080
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
Who knows how quickly Midchildans age? They may look human, but Yuuno can turn into a ferret, and since he did while knocked out and badly drained, that suggests it might be his natural form. Not to mention he refers to it as "his other form" rather than "while he was transformed".

Anyway, listings of releases have come out, and while there's some interesting stuff - no StrikerS, so I guess that means it's slated for winter 2007 rather than spring as some hopefuls were rumouring.

http://www.moetron.com/2006/12/05/nu...ter-season-37/
Closed Thread