AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-07, 14:32   Link #1
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thumbs down a weird poll result

cut and paste from gunota headlines.
Tsutaya and Newtype magazine collaborated on a "Best Anime 100" poll, with votes taken from fans nationwide. The results for #100 through #11 were posted online, with the top 10 being printed in this month's issue of Newtype. The complete rankings:

1) Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
2) Neon Genesis Evangelion
3) Full Metal Alchemist
4) Cowboy Bebop
5) One Piece
6) Kyo Kara Maou
7) Mobile Suit Gundam
8) Card Captor Sakura
9) Fate/stay night
10) Akira
11) Dragonball Z
12) The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
13) Detective Conan
14) Martian Successor Nadesico
15) Castle In The Sky: Laputa
16) Ghost In The Shell
17) Soukyuu No Fafner
18) Saint Seiya
19) Nausicaš Of The Valley Of The Wind
20) Hunter x Hunter
21) Keroro Gunsou
22) Bleach
23) Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
24) Mobile Police Patlabor
25) Full Metal Panic
26) Initial D
27) Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
28) Air
29) King Of Braves GaoGaiGar
30) Urusei Yatsura
31) Fist Of The North Star
32) Eureka 7
33) Konjiki No Gashbell (Zatch Bell)
34) Howl's Moving Castle
35) Pokemon
36) Naruto
37) Top Wo Nerae 2
38) .hack
39) RahXephon
40) Slayers
41) Lupin III
42) Future Boy Conan
43) Tenchi Muyo!
44) Yu Yu Hakusho
45) Ranma 1/2
46) Maria-sama Ga Miteru
47) New Mobile Report Gundam W
48) Scryed
49) Infinite Ryvius
50) Captain Tsubasa
51) Turn A Gundam
52) Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
53) Blood+
54) Ashita No Joe
55) The Prince Of Tennis
56) Futari Wa Precure: Max Heart
57) Space Runaway Ideon
58) Kiddy Grade
59) Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
60) Honey And Clover
61) Revolutionary Girl Utena
62) Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
63) Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
64) Sailor Moon
65) Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
66) Space Cruiser Yamato
67) Oh My Goddess!
68) Black Jack
69) Rozen Maiden
70) Duel Monsters
71) Galaxy Express 999
72) Mobile Suit V Gundam
73) Saiyuki
74) Aura Battler Dunbine
75) Doraemon
76) Onegai Teacher
77) After War Gundam X
78) Crayon Shin-Chan
79) Demonbane
80) Touch
81) Ojamajo Doremi
82) Mobile Suit Gundam F91
83) Hellsing
84) Slam Dunk
85) Grave Of The Fireflies
86) Giant Robot: The Day The Earth Stood Still
87) Trinity Blood
88) Paranoia Agent
89) Heavy Metal L-Gaim
90) Steamboy
91) Mushishi
92) My Neighbor Totoro
93) Inuyasha
94) Appleseed
95) Mai-Otome
96) Round Vernian Vifam
97) Millennium Actress
98) Tohai Densetsu Akagi
99) Nurse Witch Komugi
100) Jin-Roh
__________________
d33:"the only ones allowed to bash should be those who are prepared to be bashed!"
Onizuka-GTO:yeah, great post WD, but also puzzled. if it's a race you see, okay then. but at the moment it's a one man race, with Suzuku doing timed laps against his personal best....
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:37   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
GS and GSD definitely don't belong up there. Its the only anime above Haruhi that doesn't cut it.

But woo-hoo!! Top Wo Nerae! 2 is 37, ahhh, its good to know that this beautiful anime has some love.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:37   Link #3
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So SEED and Destiny tied?

And for #38, which hack is that?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:38   Link #4
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Why is it weird? I would have ranked GS/GSD as number 1 on my list. Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
So SEED and Destiny tied?

And for #38, which hack is that?
I think its an inclusion of the entire 'series', like Gundam SEED/Destiny.

- Tak (Should I be ashamed that I've seen everything on that list? )

Last edited by Tak; 2006-08-07 at 14:48.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 15:46   Link #5
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
MUHAHAHAHAHA~

Gundam seed Wins another (#26726482) Anime poll? JAYYY!!

you guys should Just accept it, Gundam is THE Anime of the 21st centaury
kaito-kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 16:01   Link #6
Copy Ninja Kakashi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Netherlands
well Gundam Seed and Destiny are my fovorites too, ok destiny doesn';t have the best story but is't very enjoyable and also both shows have a great ost and voice acting...and for the rest of the shows that are high ranked I agree with too
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 16:22   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
GS and GSD definitely don't belong up there. Its the only anime above Haruhi that doesn't cut it.
So totally true. >.>

But I also don't think DBZ and F/SN belong above Harui either. DBZ was just....(do I really need to explain why it doesn't belong up there?)...and while I certainly liked F/SN a lot, that's merely my fanboy side. My logical and reasonal side agrees with many people that it wasn't the ultimate thing people were hoping for.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 16:48   Link #8
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
Some problems can probably be explained by the fact that it's a recent show with a large exposure.
But GSD certainly doesn't deserve the first place.I don't say it's bad,but it certainly isn't the best.

The music was its only strong point,the rest was average(entertaining,no more).
GS was better but not fantastic either compared to the other shows listed.

This poll has really odd results.Fist of the north star is even on the list!Above my beloved Rahxephon.How could that barbaric show be above Rah?
This world is rotten,it's not possible.

Do we know how the poll was made.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 17:09   Link #9
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
...Wow.
This is why I never trust amateur reviews.
I might not agree with all critics, but at least they have some semblance of what is and what isn't "good." Fans have no idea what they're doing, do they?
__________________
---K Millz

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 17:12   Link #10
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
But I also don't think DBZ and F/SN belong above Harui either. DBZ was just....(do I really need to explain why it doesn't belong up there?)...and while I certainly liked F/SN a lot, that's merely my fanboy side. My logical and reasonal side agrees with many people that it wasn't the ultimate thing people were hoping for.
Well, if any of you were active & alive during the heydays of Dragonball and Fist of the North Star, it might have been easier to understand their popularity.

I remember watching FNS once as a child. No more than eight years old, glued to the TV while Kenshiro pops heads right on the screen. It was... cool...

And that one episode where Vegeta and Goku traded fireballs... those were exhilarating, too.

- Tak (My only complaint on that list is the fact that Doraemon scored a lowly 75th. It should be a lot higher. After all, it made on stamps)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 17:12   Link #11
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Some problems can probably be explained by the fact that it's a recent show with a large exposure.
But GSD certainly doesn't deserve the first place.I don't say it's bad,but it certainly isn't the best.

The music was its only strong point,the rest was average(entertaining,no more).
GS was better but not fantastic either compared to the other shows listed.

This poll has really odd results.Fist of the north star is even on the list!Above my beloved Rahxephon.How could that barbaric show be above Rah?
This world is rotten,it's not possible.

Do we know how the poll was made.
Because where ever Kenshiro goes death follows. Where ever anything seed related is on the polls it seems to be at no.1. I disagree that it should be no.1 but at this point I don't care anymore.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 18:38   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Well, if any of you were active & alive during the heydays of Dragonball and Fist of the North Star, it might have been easier to understand their popularity.
I was both. I started off with DBZ myself, and loved it at the time. But then I saw anime with depth and good story. DBZ most certainly didn't possess the depth and quality that is required to truly be that high, especially in comparison to most of the other titles around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
And that one episode where Vegeta and Goku traded fireballs... those were exhilarating, too.
Entertainment is what just about anything on that list has. That's not too hard to achieve. Having depth and an interesting story is what DBZ lacks, again especially in comparison to most of the other items around it on that list.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 18:47   Link #13
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I was both. I started off with DBZ myself, and loved it at rthe time. But then I saw anime with depth and good story. DBZ most certainly didn't possess the depth and quality that is required to truly be that high, especially in comparison to most of the other titles around it.
What? You are telling me, as a child, you never wanted to imitate Goku and escape the confinements of your classroom so that you may fly freely and be one with the skies? What kind of a CHILDHOOD did YOU have!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Entertainment is what just about anything on that list has. That's not too hard to achieve. Having depth and an interesting story is what DBZ lacks, again especially in comparison to most of the other items around it on that list.
Don't give me depth! A twelve year old at that time needs FREEDOM! (Not your Freedom Kira, no, I promise I won't touch it!)

I mean, if you had watched DBZ when you were a child, your perspectives would have been very different (A notion that is further reinforced if you did not grow up in NA).

- Tak (For the rest of the post, I blame acronyms)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 18:50   Link #14
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
What? You are telling me, as a child, you never wanted to imitate Goku and escape the confinements of your classroom so that you may fly freely and be one with the skies? What kind of a CHILDHOOD did YOU have!?
Ummm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I started off with DBZ myself, and loved it at the time
But as I said, I later saw better anime, and saw DBZ for the repetitive, action-only show it was.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:24   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
cut and paste from gunota headlines.
Tsutaya and Newtype magazine collaborated on a "Best Anime 100" poll, with votes taken from fans nationwide. The results for #100 through #11 were posted online, with the top 10 being printed in this month's issue of Newtype. The complete rankings:

1) Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Remember dommy, 13 year old Japanese girls kick-a$$ at magazine poll voting ....

My God, Fafner is way too high and I would have Yu Yu Hakusho as the highest ranked shonen (although I have no probs with DBZ being that high as it's impact on America's anime evolution is 1000 times more than any other show on that list)...Kyo Kara Maou 6th? , just kill me now...That $hit is 6th and Ghost and The Shell Stand Alone Complex isn't even on the list?? Gimme a break this poll has zero meaning in my opinion, but it's still nice to see classics like Lupin III, and Fist of the North Star still get some love even if it's on a poll so wak...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:28   Link #16
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
People just can't accept what mainstream people think... the internet is just not the only community you know....
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:34   Link #17
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
People just can't accept what mainstream people think... the internet is just not the only community you know....
I don't want to accept what the mainstream thinks if this is how it's done.

I could see SEED up there, sure, somehow, but Destiny? That's just sick. Not even the staunchest GSD fans (not fanboys) could say that it deserves to be there. I say the votes are really for GS, but GSD is just clumped together with it. At least I hope so.

Seeing this certainly means it's time to go to bed.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:41   Link #18
flamingtroll
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You guys have to remember the age distribution of ppl participating the polls. Their major source for anime is still the TV and they are not likely to get out of their way to dig for old anime that probably doesn't even get published anymore. Since Gundam SEED and Destiny is really the major series that they would have seen recently on TV, it's understandable why it is up there.

Seeing how the top ones are mostly pretty "recent" titles, the bulk of the group probably have not seen anythign much older.

Also note that "Kyo Kara Maou" being at top ten probbaly means a lot of girls are in the poll are voting in the poll as well. And I must admit SEED is quite successful at attracting a horde of fangirls.

Heck even anything previously done by Fukuda is better than or equal to SEED and SEED D IMO, and they are barely on the list.

Asuka X Hayato >> Kira X Lacus
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:56   Link #19
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I would have Yu Yu Hakusho as the highest ranked shonen
OMG :O Another Yu Yu Hakusho fan Yay
Although you must agree DB had a strong influence on much of the shonen manga later on... even Yu Yu Hakusho were influence by it... though DBZ definately also borrow some ideas from Saint Seiya... XD

And I agree Dora-A-Mon deserves to be much higher...
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:03   Link #20
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I don't want to accept what the mainstream thinks if this is how it's done.

I could see SEED up there, sure, somehow, but Destiny? That's just sick. Not even the staunchest GSD fans (not fanboys) could say that it deserves to be there. I say the votes are really for GS, but GSD is just clumped together with it. At least I hope so.

Seeing this certainly means it's time to go to bed.
but that doesn't mean that it does not affect what happens especially in open polls like this. Please bear the word "Nationwide". We need to accept that there are more mainstream people than people like us. I know that Destiny may have been negatively viewed here, but this does not mean that all people share that notion.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.