AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-12, 02:27   Link #21
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
Kira didnt do too badly in Strike Gundam.
Oh wait, we wre just talking about GSD, right?
Not as good as Shinn was with his Impulse. Or even Athrun with non god gundams.
__________________
"There's one more thing required to attain total peace: a strong heart that can empathize with people! Like yours... You're too pure and kind, but I guess that's what gives you the right to live. I'm going to live right to the bitter end! I'll live the hard life of a warrior! 'Till we meet again, Heero!"

-Zechs "Lightning Count" Marquis
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 08:23   Link #22
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
found the ening of gsd to be shorT (extended ver was ok), hated the neogenesis, requim was good but not neogenesis
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 08:51   Link #23
neilz
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Best

- Team Zala vs 3 Extendeds, Gundam != 100% victory (nice combat presentation)

- Kira got Impulsed (shows how to use all parts, too bad Strike didn't have the same package-delivery features.)

- SF vs Destiny, (that part alone + the ending)

- Dom First battle (T_T Finally it worked)

Worst

- Phase 50 (losing a part or two won't cost the terminal that much, trust me, you can afford it)

- First Recap

- 2nd Recap
neilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:16   Link #24
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Do the Special Editions count for either best or worst?
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:18   Link #25
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Special Editions are movies not episodes. So far they are better.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:22   Link #26
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I gotta add episdode 34. Shinn was a beast in that episode. He just out piloted Kira.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:33   Link #27
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I gotta add episdode 34. Shinn was a beast in that episode. He just out piloted Kira.
I'll add ep 34 as one of the worst episodes because that episode was purely Freedom vs Impulse, not Kira vs Shinn. That fight was poorly executed, and I am not happy with Kira losing that way. He can lose, fine, but not by pulling his punches and trying to win with his fighting style after it became obvious that Rey had it figured out. I am cool with him losing but not that way. Shinn wasn't the better pilot, Kira just didn't try. And that episode has become fuel for all Shinn fans to say he is creative and better than Kira, and it's just a bunch of unjustified filth. I hope it's fixed in the SE where Shinn can win in a more convincing way that is more indicative of his skills as a pilot rather than Kira's unwillingness to fight him.

Basically every episode after 30 can be added to the worst executed episodes list for some reason or other. Even ep 39 which is awesome still has the stupid Destiny Plan notebook part. Actually I can't find anything wrong with 42 or 43, those were just awesome. Except maybe Yuna getting pancaked by the GOUF.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:46   Link #28
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
I'll add ep 34 as one of the worst episodes because that episode was purely Freedom vs Impulse, not Kira vs Shinn. That fight was poorly executed, and I am not happy with Kira losing that way. He can lose, fine, but not by pulling his punches and trying to win with his fighting style after it became obvious that Rey had it figured out. I am cool with him losing but not that way. Shinn wasn't the better pilot, Kira just didn't try. And that episode has become fuel for all Shinn fans to say he is creative and better than Kira, and it's just a bunch of unjustified filth. I hope it's fixed in the SE where Shinn can win in a more convincing way that is more indicative of his skills as a pilot rather than Kira's unwillingness to fight him.

Basically every episode after 30 can be added to the worst executed episodes list for some reason or other. Even ep 39 which is awesome still has the stupid Destiny Plan notebook part. Actually I can't find anything wrong with 42 or 43, those were just awesome. Except maybe Yuna getting pancaked by the GOUF.
What episode was it he said he wasn't trying? yeah I liked episode 39 and 42 to. You can't say Shinn wasn't a ace that episode. he was killing. I liked the fight but I like the episode 42 fight better.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:54   Link #29
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Best:

Ep 6 - Athrun and Yzak vs Extendeds. Good teamplay and also shows how good the old veterans realy are. I think this is the first time when we see Gundams getting PWNt by grunt suits. Really shows the skill gap between the characters.

Ep 7 - fragments of Junius 7 falling on Earth with "Fields of Hope" in background - this part rocks and it has a good mood set to it.

Ep 33 - "Burrial" of Stellar - some realy emotional stuff from Shinn, also had a good mood set to it. (And the look of Shinn's eyes )

Ep 34 - Impulse vs Freedom, best moments Shinn gets in the series. The shield throw+shoot was ownage, and Freedom finaly gets Freedomed. (and Shinn's laughter in the end :P )

Worst:

Ep 38 - Destroys are now officialy giant windams. Shinn and Luna kisses = wtf face

Ep 50 - WTF Rey shooting Dully. Also the final battles - in GS they were intense and noone knew who would survive, both Freedom and Justice ended up as scrap. Now they are as good as new, no suspense what so ever in the "Ultimate battle". Also very crappy ending in general, one of worst i have seen (if not the)

Final+ Shinn going T.T and shaking Kira's hand out of the blue.

Everything post ep 34 about Shinn's piloting skills - he seemed to forgot them in Impulse, RAWR CHOP CHOP confirmed as his best and only move from this point.
Dont know what ep, too lazy to check - Kira savoiring Saviour based on the whopping argument that Cagali is crying, regardles of the fact that he aknowlidges that what he is doing is wrong and he can see where Athrun is coming from, but meh - Cagali is crying so logic has no meaning anymore.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:56   Link #30
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
FATES, PAST and MEER

These 3 episodes were some of the most amazing recaps I've seen in anime history, ever. They used a clever character interpretion + mental subtletly + p.o.v narration that allows the flow of the story-telling to be told in a smooth yet collective manner, and allows deeper character insight towards characters in a smoother manner, rather than just outwards outlook. It also cleverly implemented a stigma of vagueness in the terms of how people view same events in different lights, and highlight how differently people's mentality and mind works on similar topics. Gil's meta-physical metaphorical destiny and fate talk contrast with Meer's heartful genki talk vs Shinn's. I didn't list the 3rd recap due to weaker foretelling of Athrun and Kira's p.o.v which served nothing other than show us the side of Kira and Athrun we already know and 2 man p.o.v's are clearly less smooth in presentation that 1 man p.o.v.

Phase 28

Immense. Just immense. Strongly paced for a whole 20 minutes of intensity, one can genuinely feel the raw emotion of almost every character in that span of 20 minutes from the powerful, burst of raw emotion from Shinn to Cagalli's mental suffering as a character. Not to mention Shinn's amazing display of skill vs Kira's smooth display of skill made up for nice and intense battle scenes. The ending was just heartwrenching and powerful. Definitely one of the best episode in all of GSD.

I'll think of the bad ones later.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:07   Link #31
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
What episode was it he said he wasn't trying?
He says to Athrun in ep 46 that he didn't think it was right to fight against ZAFT so he didn't fight to his potential. Therefore I give Shinn's efforts in episode 34 a giant freakin asterisk. Still, ep 34 is one of the most poorly thought out episodes. For over 10 episodes at that point Durandal is preaching on how they need to wipe out Logos, and then suddenly he detours all his plans to take out Archangel, which isn't even opposing him at that very moment. Poor writing at its finest.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:14   Link #32
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
He says to Athrun in ep 46 that he didn't think it was right to fight against ZAFT so he didn't fight to his potential. Therefore I give Shinn's efforts in episode 34 a giant freakin asterisk. Still, ep 34 is one of the most poorly thought out episodes. For over 10 episodes at that point Durandal is preaching on how they need to wipe out Logos, and then suddenly he detours all his plans to take out Archangel, which isn't even opposing him at that very moment. Poor writing at its finest.
Ok thanks. I will re watch it but I remeber him saying he didn't fight 100%
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 13:23   Link #33
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
For over 10 episodes at that point Durandal is preaching on how they need to wipe out Logos, and then suddenly he detours all his plans to take out Archangel, which isn't even opposing him at that very moment. Poor writing at its finest.
AA attacked Minerva, thus, they labeled themselves as enemies to ZAFT. Why would they be surprised when they get attacked by ZAFt ? Other than the fact that they actually consider themselves some kind of saints, and anything they do is justified by the fact that its them and if anything tries to harm them, they are teh evilz0rs
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 19:47   Link #34
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
And again your homerism blinds you from what I said in my previous post. Archangel attacked Minerva a whopping grand total of two times and that was when Kira blew out the Tannhauser and defeated Savior. I fail to see how that classifies them as a greater threat than Logos. Because that's what happened. For that entire episode, Durandal pushed Logos aside and used all his power to take out one ship.

Archangel isn't that much of a threat anyway. They didn't infiltrate Armory One and steal the Gundams. They didn't cause the colony drop. They didn't create an army of Extendeds using illegal drugs. They didn't sent a giant Gundam rampaging on Berlin. Yet somehow Durandal thinks they deserve special treatment because Kira blew up the main cannon once and turned Athrun's Gundam into chopped onions? Bullshit. That episode was just a silly plot device to get rid of Freedom so Kira could upgrade. The very premise of that attack is so ridiculous, it may just be one of the worst executed episodes of the entire series.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 20:51   Link #35
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
AA attacked Minerva, thus, they labeled themselves as enemies to ZAFT. Why would they be surprised when they get attacked by ZAFt ? Other than the fact that they actually consider themselves some kind of saints, and anything they do is justified by the fact that its them and if anything tries to harm them, they are teh evilz0rs
The reason they were the greater threat was because they were the imminent threat...LOGOS is just a codename for evil old white men scattered all across the Earth and Space...You can't just target those guys with FREEDOM's aimbot...The AA on the other hand are a threat within tangible range...So since I agree with you I thought I'd add to your point a bit...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 21:58   Link #36
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
humm... I don't have the episodes with me... but if I remember correctly didn't Kira/Lacus conclude that after Logo, they'll be out for Orb.

The whole declaring Logo as evil thing.. had irk me a bit.. though I don't think that make Dully evil... but it made him an extreme idealist (like Lacus, on my book) Logo are businessmen, no different from cigarette and junkfood manufacturer... (anyone watched Thank you for smoking?)

There will always be people who profit off other's suffering, and see money over conscience... that's how the world is... by exposing Logo's members and thereby using mob to kill them is just as dirty as assassinating Lacus imo... but then again that's politics.

And I think that's the turning point of there where Dully won't tolerate anyone that goes against his ideal (much like Lacus). And Orb having its own set of ideal as a country that never yield, do make a logical next target...

So I've thought the sudden d-tour to sink AA, is to stop Cagalli from returning to Orb... since Orb is much more predictable (and less dangerous) with Yuna as the leader...
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 04:04   Link #37
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
And again your homerism blinds you from what I said in my previous post. Archangel attacked Minerva a whopping grand total of two times and that was when Kira blew out the Tannhauser and defeated Savior.
Excuse me, how many attacks from a rogue force during a war to one countrys newest and most important vessel does it take to label them enemies ? You sure you are not including the AA = saint factor in your statement ?
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 10:16   Link #38
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Excuse me, how many attacks from a rogue force during a war to one countrys newest and most important vessel does it take to label them enemies ? You sure you are not including the AA = saint factor in your statement ?
Yeah, but using that much manpower to go after a single vessel when you´re at war with the Earth Alliance. Isn´t that overdoing things a bit?

I agree that with those saying the whole thing was an excuse to give Kira S-Freedom (I wanted him to get an update of Strike instead...)

And of course they gave Kira a sudden stupidness and ("powered" him down) which made him uncertain of why they wanted to take Archangel down. Hence he never went all out in that episode and lost Freedom and got the bling-bling machine he now rides.

-----------
My favourite episodes. Not sure of the numbers but.

When Lacus departs into space. Lacus pretending to be Meer whom is pretending to be Lacus is funny. Ah, sweet irony.

The first two episodes was nice aswell.

Kira´s comeback in Freedom was good too.

And of course Athrun teaming up with Yzak and Dearkka is not to be forgotten.

Shinn´s flashback episode and Durandal´s episode (was it 28 or 29?) was also highlights in Destiny.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 10:21   Link #39
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope

I agree that with those saying the whole thing was an excuse to give Kira S-Freedom (I wanted him to get an update of Strike instead...)

.
If you guys can say that then I can say Shinn only lost to Athrun so they could put him on team Kira.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 10:24   Link #40
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
If you guys can say that then I can say Shinn only lost to Athrun so they could put him on team Kira.

Of course you can.


Kira losing Freedom is full of plotholes. As a lot of other fights in Destiny.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.