AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-14, 02:11   Link #61
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
And Freedom was made for Yzak, its only logical considering he was the second best pilot in the ZAFT, whose mother is member of council and Zala supporter. But hey, its not like you will notice the facts because you obviously think that ZAFT built Freedom for Kira to steal it so the Clyne faction would have better chanse at beating ZAFT and EA.

You truly fail at watching this
Please tell me the episode number in Gundam SEED where this is said. Timecode would help too. If it's not in the anime, I'd like to know which chapter of which Astray series this is mentioned in. If not, which issue of Newtype or Gundam ACE, or which website where director comments/interviews from Fukuda or Morosawa were printed saying that Yzak was second best and that Freedom was to be given to him.

You speak of logic, but logic would serve to say that if Yzak really was to be the pilot of Freedom, he would've been sent back to the PLANTs along with Athrun to officially receive Freedom while Athrun received Justice. I mean, you'd logically think that since Freedom and Justice are so powerful that ZAFT would want both of those bad boys in the field as soon as possible. However, Yzak remained on Earth. Do I even need to point out that Yzak was still on Earth serving under Le Creuset, and his own Gundam was still in perfectly good condition? Obviously logic would serve to say that if Yzak really was second best, he'd have been promoted to the Special Forces along with Athrun, or at least sometime shortly after, especially if he was to pilot a super Gundam like Freedom. But as far as I can see, Yzak is just a red uniform wearing pilot, not even classified as an ace. Do you know how many red uniform pilots ZAFT has? Now, it is common knowledge that Yzak came out of the pilot training academy as the second best (Athrun was first), but that's just indicative of that pilot class and not all of ZAFT's red uniform soldiers (not to mention their Special Forces/FAITH, which I'm sure Athrun wasn't the only member of during SEED when he received Justice).

What are Yzak's war accomplishments that warrant him being given Freedom? I see him getting handled by Strike many times, one instance where he was seriously wounded and could've been killed. What did he do that makes him so good? Athrun defeated Strike, which caused ZAFT nothing but problems every since they let it escape at Heliopolis. What did Yzak do? You say he was loyal, but there are thousands of ZAFT soliders who were loyal. What makes Yzak better than them?

Now all of that aside, I'm still looking for the solid, confirmed evidence from somewhere official...the anime, Astray, Newtype, Gundam ACE, interview, series website, SOMETHING telling me Yzak was the intended pilot. You go find me something official and I will gladly shut the fuck up, hey you know what, go find me some solid, official evidence, and I won't post on this forum for one entire year. How's that? Then you wouldn't need to constantly talk back to every one of my anti-Shinn posts like I just insulted your religion or your mother. If you truly believe that Yzak was the intended pilot then you really shouldn't have any problem finding official evidence, in which case I take a hike for a year. Go on, prove me wrong.
__________________

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 2006-08-14 at 02:42.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 02:26   Link #62
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
*Guess not^^*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
It's not looking at logic. People who's rational knows that EA by statictics are way better than ZAFT and by statistics are infinitely better than ORB, much less a squad of battleships. However, when one pilot can destroy 30 Windams with no sweat, statistics is out of the house.
But statistically the AA was kicking so much a$$ and was such a direct threat to the MINERVA (causing so many problems) I wouldn't say they had a stupifying amount of ZAFTies to engage them...Do you go after King-Kong or a bunch of pi$$ed off bananas?? FREEDOM is a threat to everything if it opposes you...Like I said the way everything turned out ZAFT should have sent more troops...Everything we saw from EAF other than DESTROY was them getting pwned...

Quote:
@WD lol, we made pretty similar posts at the same time :P
Great minds think alike^^...

Anyways, damn people I didn't write all that for my health..Thoughts? Opinions on my best and worst list??
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-14 at 02:42.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 02:29   Link #63
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
I actually have to take both sides on this one (as odd as it would seem).

I do agree that it was Freedom's shots that killed Shinn's family given the depicted sequence of events but it can't be denied that it was ultimately an accident caused by them being in the middle of a bad situation. Saying they were killed in the crossfire is perfectly acceptable as it is horrifically unlikely that at that moment in time either pilot of the two mobile suits involved was aware of their presence or was intentionally aiming for them. They we're killed by a stray shot which I believe does indeed count as being caught in the crossfire.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 02:35   Link #64
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
No one argues that it was an accident, its just that Obi-wan tries to prove that it wasnt Freedom at all who killed them :P , hence his coment

Quote:
Seriously, all of you that think Freedom did it go fucking watch episode one again and take a good look at that sequence
which he himself managed to ignore
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 02:38   Link #65
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Fair enuff...Now lets dig deeper into that scene and try to look at this like someone actually analysing it (say you were a CSI forensic officer or something and this tape was all you had)...Searching for meaning in it's interpretation...Are even in a literary sense, given Shinn's insane hate for FREEDOM and the whole rivalry which is non-existent (which I doubt it was planned that way from the beginning) perhaps this was done as a rouse for the audience clearly pitting series 1 hero vs. series 2 soon-to-be hero...Technically speaking I can totally accept crossfire, but IT IS up to interpretation...You can't say always, always, never, never in a scene like this...That's ridiculous via the "depicted sequence of events" inwhich you said...and finally who the hell ever said Kira did it on purpose??

Anyways what's your best and worse Mr_paper?
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 03:20   Link #66
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
First off, if you ignore the pilots and everything that made AA amazing, it's logical to assume that it would not hold so much of a threat. That was what EA and ORB did, and also what caused their eventual downfall. Seriously, had Shinn/Rey/Minerva/Dullindal not been there, there's no way ZAFT could've wiped Heaven's Base and Moon Fleet as easy as Kira pwning 25 GOUFs and ZAKUs. And statistically, that's only 2 MS and 1 ship. Dullindal is one person who clearly takes everything properly into account (( not surprising as the President of the Kira Fanclub )) and that's why he went further steps to not only send his best servants, Minerva but also weaken Kira by draining his freshness and stamina by sending squads of grunts. Regardless, the whole scenario leading up to Operation Angel Down sucked, from both bad timing (( Alright, we kill LOGOS who is the l33t evil of teh world...b4 that, let's Angel Down my idol named Kira. )) and weak execution. (( Some may think otherwise, but it's all personal )).

Frankly, my opinion on the whole Freedom and Calamity or something caused the death of Shinn's family is pretty much what I would call...a situation that is meant to be seen as it is to be personally interpreted. I remember the old days of Phase 1 where there was like 10 pages discussing how Kira couldn't had possibly caused the death based on the landmark and how they died from location, timing, physics, etc, but I can't remember all that. (( Back when Kira had tons of Kira supporters who support him both rationally and fanboyishly. )) To me, it doesn't really matter since the series never bothered to focus on Shinn hating anyone other than Attha for the cause of his family's death. Had Shinn vented his anger on Freedom, then I would be inclined to believe Freedom really caused it. As it is shown, it's just a sad fate that's no ones fault.

However, if I really want to interpret it throughoutly....

*Henshin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighten "Gil"
Actually, judging from how the land was scorched and how the land was pertualy shaped from the blast, it seemed highly unlikely that Freedom caused it, and from the angle of which the land's dirt seemed like a mine was burried underneath but not nearly caved out enough, it's even more likely that it was caused from a direct impact explosive material like missile barrages or Calamity's missile pods from it's shield. Freedom's beam blast is unlikely to cause such a terrainal damage and judging Kira, it's unlike that his beam blast actually blasted the ground that close to the port location. And it's not possible to be the rail-gun either, as railguns are different from linear cannons and do not pack explosives but rather just projectiles with highly charged velocity and acceleration speed. Had it really been Freedom's projectiles, the high speed of the ammo should've caused a deep cave in due to the lack of explosive materials and no explosion should've occured other than an explosive high impact boom. But Calamity wasn't shown that it shot it's missiles from it's shield either. And there's no way that Calamity's beam blast could've hit Shinn's family either....The thought that Shinn's family were killed by the missile barrages of EA ships that was shown to hit places VERY VERY near the coastline/port area seems more likely than Freedom and Calamity if we're taking these into account.
Edit : ~ Oh, and the whole Yzak = Freedom thing, what Obi-Wan said. Please, there's more to ace pilots than just Team Zala. 5 red coats graduate every year. Only a handful gets medals and gets drafted into special squads. Athrun's one. Klueze is one. Heine is one. Yzak is not.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 03:36   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighten "Gil"
Actually, judging from how the land was scorched and how the land was pertualy shaped from the blast, it seemed highly unlikely that Freedom caused it, and from the angle of which the land's dirt seemed like a mine was burried underneath but not nearly caved out enough, it's even more likely that it was caused from a direct impact explosive material like missile barrages or Calamity's missile pods from it's shield. Freedom's beam blast is unlikely to cause such a terrainal damage and judging Kira, it's unlike that his beam blast actually blasted the ground that close to the port location. And it's not possible to be the rail-gun either, as railguns are different from linear cannons and do not pack explosives but rather just projectiles with highly charged velocity and acceleration speed. Had it really been Freedom's projectiles, the high speed of the ammo should've caused a deep cave in due to the lack of explosive materials and no explosion should've occured other than an explosive high impact boom. But Calamity wasn't shown that it shot it's missiles from it's shield either. And there's no way that Calamity's beam blast could've hit Shinn's family either....The thought that Shinn's family were killed by the missile barrages of EA ships that was shown to hit places VERY VERY near the coastline/port area seems more likely than Freedom and Calamity if we're taking these into account.
But the difference is NightenGil is just bull$hiting to make someone elses more logical interpretation of the scene seem exagerrated by comparison because he doesn't necessarily agree with the findings...Just because 20 enthusiasts trying to prove Kira had nothing to do with it by extreme over-analysing that doesn't make the simplicity of wingdarkness' interpretation invalid or in that same categorey by default...Most can see this but some (in cheerleading fashion) will think NightenGil's "thorough interpretation" actually accomplished something...But we shall replay the familiar scene of one person thinking the other person is out of their minds...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 03:40   Link #68
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
I'll post one of each for the time being, starting with what I believe to be the best episode...

Phase-29 FATES:
Spoiler:
As for the worst...

It's a toss up at the moment, I'm having a hard time choosing between Final Plus and the whole of 'The Battle for Orb... Part Two!' >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 03:45   Link #69
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Edit : ~ Oh, and the whole Yzak = Freedom thing, what Obi-Wan said. Please, there's more to ace pilots than just Team Zala. 5 red coats graduate every year. Only a handful gets medals and gets drafted into special squads. Athrun's one. Klueze is one. Heine is one. Yzak is not.
Yes, however the original 5 Gundams were also meant for team Zala, which might mean that they are the best. And there is also the factor of trust - Patrick built Freedom and Justice. Ezaria is one of the council members who support his cause. To whom would you entrust and immensly powerful MS built on breaking some treaties and whatnot - to some red coat who (maybe) is a little better than Yzak, but whose intentions/feelings/thoughts are unknown, or to someone about whom you are sure ?

And especially considering that we are not shown any other red coats in GS Heine entered in GSD(and left rather quickly), Rau get provedence. Given the amount of elite pilots we see at GS i think its natural to assume that Yzak gets it. But this has little to do with top episodes, so lets just drop it
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 04:03   Link #70
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
But the difference is NightenGil is just bull$hiting to make someone elses more logical interpretation of the scene seem exagerrated by comparison because he doesn't necessarily agree with the findings...Just because 20 enthusiasts trying to prove Kira had nothing to do with it by extreme over-analysing that doesn't make the simplicity of wingdarkness' interpretation invalid or in that same categorey by default...Most can see this but some (in cheerleading fashion) will think NightenGil's "thorough interpretation" actually accomplished something...But we shall replay the familiar scene of one person thinking the other person is out of their minds...
Exactly. My alter-ego is bullshitting, since from the very beginning, I don't believe in overanalysing pertained situational moments. I love overanalysing and dissecting characters into their bare bones, but doing that with momental situations of animation is just incoherent of my own opinion that the emotion and feelings of the situation tells much more than drawn backgrounds and dirt layout. It's obvious the fires were there not to hint to us it wasn't Freedom, but rather to add to the effect of that particular scene, making it more immense and powerful. Your interpretation is done through your own eyes, and I had posted mine as well. I added my alter-ego's bullshit because you wanted a pretense of CSI-ism. I gave my best ridiculously exaggerated Gil Grissom dissection.

You won't see me looking at a flickering torch at the background and judge the wind speed and angle from there. That's totally bullshit.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 06:47   Link #71
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I'll post one of each for the time being, starting with what I believe to be the best episode...

Phase-29 FATES:
Spoiler:
As for the worst...

It's a toss up at the moment, I'm having a hard time choosing between Final Plus and the whole of 'The Battle for Orb... Part Two!' >.>
The only reason I put FATES in my worst excuted was because I believe it came at a time that was a crossroads for the series...To me it was increase the momentum and intensity of the series or bog it down again...I remember how receptive everyone was in the ep 28 discussion thread...Many people thought that episode turned the series around and at the first check point for changing the direction of this series for the better IMO, here comes FATES in all it's ill-timed glory, recap or not...I thought it was really interesting, but the bad timing and bogging down of the series once again thru flashback hurt more than helped...We'll never know if FATES was another band-aid for production problems, but in a series sense it really was a badly executed episode IMO... It's like after watching ep 28 did you really think logically this would be the next best ep to capitalize on that momentum and adreneline? I would have totally objected in that writers-meeting...

The Battle for Orb Part II? I assume you mean ep 42 "FREEDOM and JUSTICE", if you do I totally agree...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 06:56   Link #72
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I'm suprised by your hate for episode 42, WD.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 07:34   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Why would you be?? Even if I analysed it as a total Shinn fanboy (which I never would) it still made Shinn look like a total newb...And DESTINY got so nerfed...I nearly cut the entire episode off when Shinn's battery drained and they called him back to the ship (as if that wasn't a metrosexual plot device)...I like a good battle ep like everyone else (The early episodes, ep 28, ep32), but I like fights that have soul to them and intensity between the pilots...Amuro and Char, Zechs and Heero, Garoad and the Frost Bros, Loran and Gym Ghingnham or Harry, hell Athrun and Kira in SEED....Stuff like that when with every sword-slash and every beam shot you could feel the dynamic of the pilots inside...

Shinn in ep 42:
Kira in ep 42:

(These faces can also be used to show them all-series too^^)

DOM pilots dropping out of MSG OWNING everything, that $hit just doesn't impress me that much...MINERVA just gets owned, Lacus repeats her same episode in Gundam SEED with Athrun, nothing out of the ordinary really takes place other than Kira throwing his guns in the air before he clowned Shinn (which was dope I'll admit)...Unlike in episode 28 you never had the sense anyone was gonna die or something truley remarkable would happen..before the episode aired I knew all that would happen...

I like depth in my action too, plus I don't like J-pop during battles..i mean it's good don't get me wrong for OPS ENDs and character peices, but other times I would perfer the military music because it's better to me in intense scenes (Obviously that's just my opinion; it didn't really hurt the episodes execution)...I mean grandmaster192 the only thing I think you can like about this episode is the superficial action (which includes scenes we just saw in ep 39 when Kira first got S-F)...Everything else is a contrived mess...

After this episode ended what did you learn? What characters were helped in development? What significant progress was made in the plot?? If you can't answer this I can't see how you could love this ep...If you liked it just for the action that's fine i guess...I got no probs with that...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-14 at 07:51.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 08:07   Link #74
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I liked episode 42 mainly because of the action and it's 1 of the few episodes I got to see the Destiny. And yeah the Destiny did get nerfed but Shinn is so good they gotta nerf him so guys like Athrun can win. The Nerfing doesn't really bother me like it does most Shinn fans. I agree with about the music though. I would rather see Shinn and Kira talk about stuff like "You killed blah blah blah!" and "You tried to hurt Cagalli!!!"you know....so we can get some heated action. I really don't care about the DOM's. The only thing that pissed me of is how the Destiny ran out of power. And that doesn't come close to how pissed i was when the Destiny's ASS got cut in the final.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 08:52   Link #75
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Top 3-5 Best and Worst executed episodes in GSD huh.

The Best executed eps

Eps 2,3, and 34. Most because of the fighting.

The Wost executed eps

Well I go to leave this with the the Best executed eps.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 17:19   Link #76
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The Battle for Orb Part II? I assume you mean ep 42 "FREEDOM and JUSTICE", if you do I totally agree...
Actually, I'm refering to the combination of Phase-40 and Phase-42... both episodes were just 'ugh' material. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 21:45   Link #77
sandrum
MS Engineer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Aomori, Japan
Warning: -- the following are only opinions.

Favorites:

Episode #2: I don't like to say that it was good because there was fighting, but it was a good setup to the intrinsic abilities of the Impulse and the setup of the various pilot's abilities, though advancement of the plot is superficial since the gundam jack concept is only re-explored. This episode had some good animation as well.

Episode #18: We see that even though Shinn is not the most mature pilot, he is very capable of carrying out complex missions in various modes of the Impulse and that the MS is being used to its fullest in this mission. Though we have seen him use a mobile suit mercilessly against his enemy, we also see that he is capable of control, as is Athrun in dealing with him (and others).

Episode #28: The archangel jumps in like UN peacekeepers, but the emissary gets shot at by an angry little boy in a suit who is repeatedly showing how he is unable to control his emotions (not disputing his ability to control the suit). Though he shows that he is able (at least) to dodge an attack from Freedom. Decent animation in this episode and the plot thickens a bit further as shinn makes it clear that he'll attack anyone who makes him angry, from high up personnel to the military of his home country. The final bit of irony in the end and good soundtrack help this episode a lot. It's unfortunate that again, against unnamed pilots, the gundam is basically a super robot. But good struggle against other Gundams, especially the Abyss. The "extendeds" show that they are not matched very well (at least in their current ms's) which makes me wonder how they will survive in the future and who will take their place if not.

Episode #33: We know Freedom is going to get whacked, but we see that shinn and rey are doing their homework on it and not going about it blindly like every other pilot in this series. These two are probably the only 2 military personnel who are serious about their work when it comes to fighting. A plus on studying enemy tactics and working together to develop them.

Episode #36-37: We know that Athrun will be taken down in the next episode, but this episode is good in that we see just how far Dullandal will take his ideas, how far his lapdogs will go to enforce them and just how black and white Rey sees every situation. Athrun was somewhat headstrong at the beginning of the series but after hearing that he's too wishy-washy for Zaft, he takes off, not surreptitiously in his Legend, but unstealthily in a Gouf. For all of his thinking in his room, he didn't think that he would be persued by either Legend or Destiny. A good setup to see how Athrun can fight (again) when outmatched. Kudos to Athrun for running, albeit late. Boos to shinn who just constantly explodes with rage like a 2 year old. Kind of lame that Destiny had to show off all those abilities on a Gouf. Would rather have had it been on Legend, had Athrun stolen that instead.

5 Least Favorites:

Episode #12: Minerva is jumped like 1000 rabid dogs on a bunny. Somehow 1 ship, 2 zakus, and a gundam take out wave after wave after wave (disgustingly) of mobile suits without much in speacial weapons and without taking very many hits. Shinn does his seed trick for the first time and suddenly it turns into Super Robot Wars. As much as one might want to cheer for their favorite ms, it was hard for me to hold back my lunch as nameless pilot after pilot was shot/stabbed/boomeranged in the torso without using their shields.

Episode #34: The order to take down archangel isnt surprising and probably everyone knew of the impending battle between impulse and freedom, but the episode seemed too forced. Kira's obvious desire to return to archangel to "help them somehow" was BS as probably the biggest help would have been to damage/disable impulse or minerva. But the excuse was made and the aggression ensues. Freedom is taken down without much of a fight and because of the excuse, fans are fighting even today who would really have won. Even better, since neither gundam has official specs in terms of power, everyone can argue till the end of time which is the most powerful or strongest without conculsion. Though I don't mind shinn taking down freedom, I would rather have seen it from the destiny. Good news is that the Impulse is used to its very limits, the weak news is that it's been seen before in Victory Gundam. Even worse is that the Impulse's pilot now has a head so big he needs to get a new MS since he can no longer fit his noggin in the core splendor.

Episode #44: The AA team looks to stop Gilbert - who is at most questionable at this point about a plan that could take years to implement but isn't so worried about the man who manufactures WMD's for a living and could kill people now. So what happens? I want to get angry at the crew, but the writers wrote them. I wonder if this is what happens when writers have all the philosophy in the world at hand but no critical thinking skills. So djibril destroys some PLANTS -- the only part that gave me satisfaction since FINALLY zaft takes a hit!

Episode #47: This was THE 2nd most disappointing episode for me. The sum of the struggles of every nation/faction on earth, and LOGOS culminates into the corniest plot of all time.... I have to say cornier than the angel halo in V Gundam. Also a chance for the crew to spew out more philosophy and analyze the whole thing to the bone -- every observation of which is painfully obvious to even the most passive observer of GSD. Though discussion on the topic of genetic determination is interesting, I think that sunrise could have approached it in more creative ways in another UNRELATED series. The other downside is that the music used during dullandals speech seems very fitting for the likes of Frankenstein, scooby-doo, or inspector gadget... probably not to introduce a plot (that many already surmised) very very late into the game.

Episode #50 (all versions): By this point so many episodes that could have been used to advance ANYTHING in terms of plot/character development/technological development have been largely wasted. Wasn't expecting much here and got exactly that. Tons of shooting everywhere. Cash cow gundams are fighting against each other (again with no set specs on power we can argue all day on who could have one "IF" something-or-other had happened). Rey, determined from the start to be someone else is given a strict talking to via intercom and is promptly made a changed man, after his G2 mobile suit is layed to waste by a (virtually) fan made Gundam (the wet-dream machine #1). The Akatsuki (wet dream machine #0) is out and about clearing the battlefield of obstacles. We find that a red-coat female pilot is very much able to shoot and block objects with a shield, but not dodge (not from wet dream machine #2). Shinn is fully unable to control himself (even in the supposed midst of peak control via seed mode) and attempts to commit his woman to the grave via friendly fire. The showdown between dullandal and kira ends in the mortal wounding of the former via his most devoted associate which seems incredibly forced.... His reason for doing so was because of.... kiras beautiful future??? Finally, the saturday morning cartoons pose at the end of the episode with not a single machine on the 3 ships alliance side seeing a casualty. Not even a scratch.

There better be a new GS series so that we can see what amazing things kira does. I'm interested in knowing just what his future is supposed to entail. If there isn't one, I hope that this series is buried right here. Athrun goes to jail for dating a girl who is underage (not the case in Japan, but they probably aren't living in Japan). Shinn goes to rehab for anger management or further institutionalized until he is able to reconcile the death of his family or at least have his sisters cell phone confiscated. Scientists use all that great DNA technology to reconstruct Andys EYES AND LEGS!! He's been half blind and crippled for too long already. The next technology should be DRAGOON Signal Jammers to stop those lame devices dead in their tracks, or Signal Theft to steal their function. Finally, have a treaty that bans Gundams, so that we dont have a "one gundam against/1000 ms slaughter fest" again. That's just a little much. Sorry for the rant!
__________________

Last edited by sandrum; 2006-08-15 at 08:25.
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 22:56   Link #78
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Best eps:

13: Freedom + Lacus dust = pwnage.

23: see above.

39: x2.

Worst:

17: LEARN TO AIM PLZ, WINDAMS, KTHX.

32: Shinn has some major hax to put destroy's shield down when it blocks the same from Kira.

34: BIGGEST PLOT DEVICE IN THE HISTORY OF ANIME. EVER. EVER. EVER. And the biggest fluke.

Okay, but joking aside, that is my opinion. Seeing Freedom kick ass is what makes GSD ultimately worth watching. And yes, Shinn @ 42 = and Kira = :yawn: but that's what makes it so cool. For once, it ISN'T the same old

AMUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWR

(How does that happen anyway? Over the radio? Or are they all psychic?)
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:01   Link #79
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
And yes, Shinn @ 42 = and Kira = :yawn: but that's what makes it so cool. For once, it ISN'T the same old

AMUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWR

(How does that happen anyway? Over the radio? Or are they all psychic?)
Gundam rule #36648274 Section B

Unless it's specifically shown otherwise, the pilots can hear one another while fighting...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 01:59   Link #80
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrum
Athrun goes to jail for dating a girl who is underage (not the case in Japan, but they probably aren't living in Japan).
Dating = going to jail ? 0_o Last time i checked Meyrin is 16, people are allowed to get married at 16. In that case Lacus/Kira/Athrun/Cagali all would be sitting in jail since GS And dont quote me on this one, and neither i know if its true or not, but someone in some other topic stated that Coordinators are considered addults at the age of 13-14 <<no idea if its true or not


Quote:
Finally, have a treaty that bans Gundams, so that we dont have a "one gundam against/1000 ms slaughter fest" again. That's just a little much. Sorry for the rant!
I think they did that allready after 1st Bloody Valentine war, didnt stop anyone from building them tho Seriously, who is going to enforce this treaty ?
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.