AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-19, 22:21   Link #2361
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Being a Hero doesn't put you above the social conventions. Halkeginia's society does not work like in fairy tales. It is even mentionned in the novels by Colbert that a scandal may occur if something like this would be known. Keep in mind that Halkeginia is like the Earth's 17th century, an era of political conspiracies and intrigues. There are still nobles not supportive of the Queen, and sometimes nobles have their own private armies, they can easily make an alliance and attempt to overthrow the Queen and put someone of their liking in her place. Don't you know that every decision Henrietta makes she has to compromise with the nobility? She can't just do as she damn pleases, you know?

And there is the social norms. For ages in Halkeginia, royals married royals, the fact that a Hero comes out of nowhere and saves the world isn't going to bring down ages-old traditions and customs just because ''he is the Hero''. He will be thanked and rewarded as he deserves, but that's it. They will not make him King just for that.

Finally, harems end.
Spoiler for Rant:
You are so close-minded aren't you. FYI harems exist in the real world. 3 to 1 ratio is already considered as a harem. Furthermore have you ever been deeply in love with someone that you can't see anything else. Even if there is a better guy it doesn't mean that they will have a better compatibly and the bonds they share.
Old 2013-10-19, 22:47   Link #2362
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

ZnT isn't as bad as some other stories out there where the male lead is just brain dead and refuse to progress with a heroine... although it really isn't that great either.

I personally like seeing a relationship develop slowly one step at a time. You get a sense of... accomplishment? reading the story. I almost get a feeling that some LN authors have never dated or fall in love "properly" with a girl to be able to write decent romance - what they write are just fantasy in their heads.

The typical hrem stories usually have all the heroines head over heels the moment they meet the protagonist (or as soon as their arc concludes). End the series with "oh, I guess I like you afterall so let start dating"...

I get the development with visual novels (due to routing nature), but VNs are far too short to allow someone to immerse into a story and develop a world like how LN potentially can (plus in VNs they can actually "get somewhere").

Granted, there are some good harem stories out there. "Small but meaningful harems" can still be enjoyable. There may be a point where it is almost cruel to deny one in favor for the other after all they have gone through together...

Relationships develop naturally and should not be bound by numerical rules.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:07   Link #2363
allfictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
snip
There is one issue though: the gender of Henrietta. I'm pretty sure the European aristocracy didn't apply the same standards if you were a man with one or many mistresses, and a woman with numerous lovers.
More often than not they would be called whores. Yeah, medieval Europe, Renaissance Europe and even Enlightened Europe was hypocritical like that.
Let's not forget that, before her decisive leadership during the war in Albion, Henrietta was considered as the princess to wed ASAP for political reason. Really, had the war not happened, she would have never been a ruling Queen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
You are so close-minded aren't you. FYI harems exist in the real world. 3 to 1 ratio is already considered as a harem. Furthermore have you ever been deeply in love with someone that you can't see anything else. Even if there is a better guy it doesn't mean that they will have a better compatibly and the bonds they share.
Oh my, I'm sorry, I didn't know having a negative opinion of harems in animes was considered "close minded", because, as we all know, having an harem is a serious topic subject to heated debates in today's society, on the same level as, say, same sex marriage (sarcasm).
And I'm pretty sure being deeply in love doesn't include willing to share the guy with other girls, and being one of his wives. People in Japan and most western countries are not raised to consider this a possibility (with the exception of Mormons), social psychology 101.

Phenomena that can be explained in words cannot be described as absurd.

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-10-19 at 23:44.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:30   Link #2364
noobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
There is one issue though: the gender of Henrietta. I'm pretty sure the European aristocracy didn't apply the same standards if you were a man with one or many mistresses, and a woman with numerous lovers.
More often than not they would be called whores. Yeah, medieval Europe, Renaissance Europe and even Enlightened Europe was hypocritical like that.
Let's not forget that, before her decisive leadership during the war in Albion, Henrietta was considered as the princess to wed ASAP for political reason. Really, had the war not happened, she would have never been a ruling Queen.

Oh my, I'm sorry, I didn't know having a negative opinion of harems in animes was considered "close minded", because, as we all know, having an harem is a serious topic subject to heated debates in society, on the same level as, say, same sex marriage (sarcasm).
And I'm pretty sure being deeply in love doesn't include willing to share the guy with other girls, and being one of his wives. People in Japan and most western countries are not raised to consider this a possibility (with the exception of Mormons), social psychology 101.
Perhaps you should look at China and Islam culture too. An Islam can married up to 4 wives legally if the husband fulfilled the condition; get the 1st wife approval. As for China or Chinese, yeah, you just need to be rich and powerful.

I am not going to lie. If I got a solid financial and those well-endowed girls are willingly to share together with me and I love them too, I will take the harem end. There is no 2nd doubt at all.
Old 2013-10-20, 00:42   Link #2365
allfictions

Spoiler for Answer to noobita and conclusion:

Moving on actual topic, time for speculation!
I'm sure you all know about the Windstone Catastrophe, right? Well on another forum, this sentence by L/Rukshana (correct romanization anyone? ) the elve came up when discussing about the Windstone Catastrophe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 20
"But you also know our situation is urgent. Maybe the elves and humans don't have a good relation all these years, but we all comrades live on the same continent right?"
"It's your own fault, why did you choose to live there in the first place? Besides, if the continent started to float up because of 'Windstones', it's due to the summoning of 'The Great Purpose'. If you're 'comrades', then you should accept reality."
From this, we first speculated that 'The Great Purpose' is basically like the Nasuverse's Gaia, the will of the planet or the world and consciousness of the planet you're on. Then we asked ''Why can L/Rukashana be so flippant at the Humans' plight?''

Simply put, from an Elven standpoint, it's as close as you can get of a "why didn't you listen to God/the spirits?" kind of deal.

Elves work with the world, listen to its demands, and are one with 'The Great Purpose'. That's why they can use Firstborn magic: the elves call upon elemental spirits (parts of the World), requesting their aid, and it has always been granted, that is to say, never in canon has an elf cast a spell - only for the spell to fail.k The spirit(s) always seem to respond/work the magic the elf wishes. Therefore, L/Rukushana and the elves come from a society where it's so easy to be forewarned about these things (changes in the World), and even if they themselves do not find out on their own, the spirits they contract often would clue them in eventually. To them, finding out the status of the windstones would be like our predicting the weather (maybe even more accurate than that). Elves use the natural "occurrences" of the world, the natural cycles, to do their magic, so their magic is very much "of this world" in a sense.

Humans, on the other hand, impose their own "logic" on the world with their spells, and therefore are constantly fighting against the "world" to keep it up (which necessitates the constant chanting, the changing of incantations, ect). Derf puts it best:
Quote:
“More or less. Ancient Magic is an art that existed long before the magic elements were being created; magic that controls the 'power of life'. The magic elements you people recite are displaying the effects of changing the 'logic' according to the power of each individual's will, but.... Ancient Magic runs alongside the 'logic'.”
Brimir's tribe learned to use the elemental power of the spirits without involving the spirits themselves. Their use of magic approached that of science, in some respects, in that they are taking raw elemental power and shaping it to specific ends.
This is human magic, aka elemental magic.
But because of this, thumans are limited to their personal strength, which itself is limited by their personal elemental affinity, their current emotional state (willpower), and their training/experience. Also because of this, they are limited by their personal understanding and knowledge of the element(s) being used.

Humans outright defiled the world around them. Humans don't listen to spirits closely, rather they use them for their own gains. They don't work with 'The Great Purpose', rather they scoff at the very idea.

And worst of all they created Void magic.

Not only the elves, but Derflinger and Sheffield have stated that Void magic and Spirit magic are opposites, and have implied that Void magic harms Spirits/spirit magic. Furthermore, with the status of the elemental stones as concentrated spirit magic and the Void's ability to damage/destroy them I'd say we have heavy implications if not outright proof of the anti-spirit or at least anti-spirit magic nature of the Void.

That's why Elves see Void as ''taint'', an abomination. So they reason that, like how Gaia created Primate Murder, the windstone crisis demonstrate one thing:

The world is trying to purge Humanity

Old 2014-04-04, 15:49   Link #2366
Birdway

Is there a chance for a postume work release?
Old 2014-04-12, 23:29   Link #2367
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I hate harem endings aswell but with ZnT i dont want to see anything but a harem end ^^all the girls are plain awesome and the main girl is annoying as hell, so if he just ended up with louise that would be a sucky ending lol
Old 2014-04-12, 23:55   Link #2368
Miraluka
18 forever

I don't know if a postume work is released?

Anyone knows when will be the aniversay of ZnT?

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 12:09   Link #2369
Shyxx

How far is does the novel go if you look at the anime?(volume 20 of the novel)
Shyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 19:01   Link #2370
Sacredus

Not sure what do you mean, but 3rd season ended at 12 volume (side stories, I don't remember with ones was adapted). Let's pretend that ZnT F didn't happened (I see this as inspired by LN, not actual adaptation). If you want to start read this where anime ended, I would say that is bad idea (for ending of 2nd season and further) - just read from beginning.

Sorry if I get something wrong, it's 2 AM here...

Last edited by Sacredus; 2014-05-26 at 19:40.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 23:46   Link #2371
Shyxx

Thanks for the answer.
Old 2014-05-27, 00:50   Link #2372
AP24

Episodes 1-8 of the final season were based on the plots of Vol 13-20, it was like adapting 1 volume into 1 episode. I think the plot in episodes 9-12 was how Vol 21-22 were supposed to be.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 07:17   Link #2373
allfictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I think the plot in episodes 9-12 was how Vol 21-22 were supposed to be.
Not really, for one thing the final threat is not even the same.

Last edited by allfictions; 2014-05-27 at 10:31.
Old 2014-05-27, 08:51   Link #2374
Shyxx

So there is another ending?
Old 2014-05-27, 09:58   Link #2375
dark44

the author died before finish the light novels so the anime make original end
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 10:18   Link #2376
Sacredus

Most of last season was anime original...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Episodes 1-8 of the final season were based on the plots of Vol 13-20, it was like adapting 1 volume into 1 episode. I think the plot in episodes 9-12 was how Vol 21-22 were supposed to be.
It was not even one ep per volume. Even if they used some LN material, they changed story later - they even cut out one of Void Mages... Thats why I pretend that ZnT F never happened.

Summaries of last novels:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshin9 View Post
Here they are: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20.
Old 2014-05-27, 10:18   Link #2377
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
But it's possible the anime ending was similar to how the author intended to end the novels. He was involved in production of the anime final season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 11:16   Link #2378
Sacredus

Scene at end of anime
Spoiler:
yes, I never doubted in that
Spoiler:
, but whole rest of last series... :/
Old 2014-05-27, 11:32   Link #2379
Shyxx

Quote:
That's sad...(didn't know that)
Hoped there would be a continuation and we would find out what reaction his parents would have.
Old 2014-05-28, 04:11   Link #2380
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyxx View Post
That's sad...(didn't know that)
Hoped there would be a continuation and we would find out what reaction his parents would have.
Actually, the novel is also nearing ending with speculation of only 1 or 2 more volumes but the author didn't manage to finished it. ZnT should already be finished but he got sick and never recover. The anime planning should coincide with the novel is ending but .... well life sucks ;_;

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen