AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-25, 20:21   Link #821
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiful View Post
Sorry about the bad explaination before
I kind of rushed through the whole book so I could be the first one to post the summery
Finished the book in two and half hrs:
Vertiful your alive!? haven't seen you on AS, since the last time you posted 25% of the Volume 5 Chapter 2 translation on Baka-Tsuki, I though you dissappeared. Thanks for the Review
__________________

Last edited by DeotoxSlayer; 2008-05-25 at 20:31.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 21:35   Link #822
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post



We buy them, and read the Japanese (RAW).



Yep. Books are best read in your hand. You can feel and smell them too.


I still need a day or two to get my book. ^o^
I agree. I prefer books in my hand.

The big problem for me is the whole Japanese language thing, lol. I just don't have the time right now to learn. Hell, I don't have the time to read English translations and books. In about a year I might be able to. I also really don't know where to learn either. My university does not offer Japanese. I tried Rosetta Stone but all it does is have you memorize. It doesn't teach grammar or even the alphabets.

So for now I rely on the summaries you guys post, which I greatly appreciate by the way.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 22:41   Link #823
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
oh that sucks...guess i cant read what i dont understand lol... I just thought i was missing something... but i thought somebody would have translated them by now....well since im on the topic might as well ask if they ever will be translated or if they will ever come to the US? or is Geneon responsible for that?
thanks in advance
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 22:50   Link #824
Vertiful
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: hmm... where am I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Vertiful your alive!? haven't seen you on AS, since the last time you posted 25% of the Volume 5 Chapter 2 translation on Baka-Tsuki, I though you dissappeared. Thanks for the Review
Sorry about that... I've been really busy recently. However I will be released from the vile clutch of my public school in mid-June. I should be able to get another 25% done by the end of June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
oh that sucks...guess i cant read what i dont understand lol... I just thought i was missing something... but i thought somebody would have translated them by now....well since im on the topic might as well ask if they ever will be translated or if they will ever come to the US? or is Geneon responsible for that?
thanks in advance
If I remember correctly the first volume of the English version of ZnT should be out in December. Dont trust me though.... *light bulb*!!! Matt122005 might know!!!
Vertiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 23:28   Link #825
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiful View Post
If I remember correctly the first volume of the English version of ZnT should be out in December. Dont trust me though.... *light bulb*!!! Matt122005 might know!!!
Well, for now, it is set for December... For now...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 08:28   Link #826
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Finished editing volume 4, chapter 7..The most obvious mistranslations at least, so now anyone interested can read up to chapter 9 (Chapter 8 was translated by serenade_beta).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 14:33   Link #827
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Apparently it was the same as saito in a dream of the past. The Gandalfr rune apparently holds the memories of all past Gandalfr and their "void" masters. Saito's kiss transfered the memory back to her. And apparently even some of saito 's memory is transferd to Louise. Bottomline is now that the two can now share memories through the Gandalfr rune.
It would be nice if it did more than just share memories, but also allowed communication between the present Gandalfr and master and the original Gandalfr and master.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:06   Link #828
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
That might be a but much actually, if it allowed for talks through time. Unless you meant spirits or something. Do they have an afterlife in this?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:46   Link #829
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: take a guess?
Age: 27
Talking through time would be a little over the top. No idea on the after life part being possible or not. But the Dream based on the memory was real, seeing as how the rune records the memories and personality of past master and servants i suppose maybe he can have another" dream" to converse with simulations of past master and familiars.
Angrypokstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:00   Link #830
azziz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Talking through time would be a little over the top. No idea on the after life part being possible or not. But the Dream based on the memory was real, seeing as how the rune records the memories and personality of past master and servants i suppose maybe he can have another" dream" to converse with simulations of past master and familiars.
So Brimir and his elf did really meet Saito or not?Did just his mind left his body and travel in past-and evantually affect it-or was it just...Well,i'm really confused,now.
Maybe the "dream theory" was just a way for saito and Louise to rationnalyze what happenned and Brimmir may have taken action based on thing he learned from saito-people in futur want to use him as justification for their (racial)war against Elf,he must no have been pleased by that.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 21:36   Link #831
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: take a guess?
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
So Brimir and his elf did really meet Saito or not?Did just his mind left his body and travel in past-and evantually affect it-or was it just...Well,i'm really confused,now.
Maybe the "dream theory" was just a way for saito and Louise to rationnalyze what happenned and Brimmir may have taken action based on thing he learned from saito-people in futur want to use him as justification for their (racial)war against Elf,he must no have been pleased by that.
I suppose a easier way to looks at the whole dream would be to think of it as the "holodeck" from star trek voyager. Where what saito saw where simulation based on the memory and personalty recorded by the rune. Just like how the crew on Voyager could converse with famous historical figures by recreating them as a holographic illusion that behave nearly identical to their historical counterpart or as close to their real life version as the crew or computer could recreate them to be based on available data.
Angrypokstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 22:16   Link #832
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
And since the rune contains the memories of the void mage and familiar, it can create an identical image I suppose. Was there any point to the whole thing? Did Saito learn anything from it?

I think it would be interesting if the author eventually chose to write some novels detailing Brimir.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 23:55   Link #833
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I didn't expect them all to be either. I would expect some to be there, but what you described is something I would expect as well. Her not being mean at all and him in charge seems very reasonable considering what he has to go through.
Well, yeah, but...

Spoiler for vol. 14:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 06:29   Link #834
hchuang
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
One of the more interesting character in this series is Henrietta. It is difficult to pin down just exactly who she is. She's portrayed as powerless and naive, working in earnest to avoid war best she can. On the other hand, she can be quite vengeful against her "enemies" and "traitors" and seems to understand very well the real power politic at play. To that end she sprung a trap to lure out her opponents and dealt with them swiftly and mercilessly. The war against Albion is in large part to exact revenge for the death of Wales.

All these might well be overlooked in the story if it doesn't directly affect the way Henrietta interacts with Louise and Saito.

Henrietta is at first very powerless as Queen. She has few allies in the court and the nobles do not take her seriously. Even Louise's family can openly defies her and refuse to contribute to the war effort. Therefore she needs her own power base and enlisted the service of Agnes, a commoner with no magic and no tie to the nobility.

Aside from the musketeers, Henrietta builds up her power base in the magic academy, outside the influence of other nobles. It is not surprising that Henreitta places for her most important assets, Louise and Tiffania, to remain in the protection of her other instrument, the Water Spirit Knights(?), which recruits from the students at the academy. The academy is very much her own personal "turf."

Early on, Louise is perhaps most distinctly important to Henrietta's claim to power. Louise has demonstrated firsthand the awesome power of void magic and is viewed as crucial to the war against Albion. It's not so much important if Louise can actually use her power, but she is useful as a tool to impress and suppress other nobles. To have Louise openly demonstrate her unswervingly loyal to the Henrietta would be a dramatic boost to the Queen's stature.

Henrietta certainly capitalizes heavily on the relationship by bestowing upon Louise the Queen's attention. Although Henrietta's always telling Louise how much she wishes for peace and never to use Louise as a tool of war, she has nevertheless sent Louise on very many dangerous missions. Louise is of course all too happy to volunteer her service to her best childhood friend, returning Henrietta's affection ten-fold.

In volume 14, we once again sees the same thing play out, Henrietta is once again "wishing for peace" and telling Louise and Tiffania that she doesn't wish to use them for war but yet again "things turn out differently." Also notice how Henrietta is trying to get close to Tiffania very much by playing the fact that they are cousins. Tiffania is of course hopelessly naive as well.

Louise loyalty to Henrietta has a problem and that is Saito. Saito is very skeptical about war and has a totally differently sensibility towards the "duty of nobility." And Saito, unlike Louise, has many practical Gandalfr skills and is much more reliable in actually completing missions. Louise as void user is useless without Saito.

Therefore Henrietta very much needs Saito on her side and she "worked" him over either by seduction or title of nobility. The effect: Saito certainly sympathizes with the "plight of the poor Queen" and fights in part for her sake. It is only when Saito is willing to remain by Louise's side did Henrietta finally stop seducing Saito.

All these points to Henrietta having a very manipulative side with her agenda and has a strong possibility of being the "last boss" of ZnT, in my opinion. After all the big fighting and stuff are over with, I have a feeling that Henrietta is somehow going to be the final obstacle towards the ending.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 07:33   Link #835
azziz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchuang View Post
One of the more interesting character in this series is Henrietta. It is difficult to pin down just exactly who she is. She's portrayed as powerless and naive, working in earnest to avoid war best she can. On the other hand, she can be quite vengeful against her "enemies" and "traitors" and seems to understand very well the real power politic at play. To that end she sprung a trap to lure out her opponents and dealt with them swiftly and mercilessly. The war against Albion is in large part to exact revenge for the death of Wales.

All these might well be overlooked in the story if it doesn't directly affect the way Henrietta interacts with Louise and Saito.

Henrietta is at first very powerless as Queen. She has few allies in the court and the nobles do not take her seriously. Even Louise's family can openly defies her and refuse to contribute to the war effort. Therefore she needs her own power base and enlisted the service of Agnes, a commoner with no magic and no tie to the nobility.

Aside from the musketeers, Henrietta builds up her power base in the magic academy, outside the influence of other nobles. It is not surprising that Henreitta places for her most important assets, Louise and Tiffania, to remain in the protection of her other instrument, the Water Spirit Knights(?), which recruits from the students at the academy. The academy is very much her own personal "turf."

Early on, Louise is perhaps most distinctly important to Henrietta's claim to power. Louise has demonstrated firsthand the awesome power of void magic and is viewed as crucial to the war against Albion. It's not so much important if Louise can actually use her power, but she is useful as a tool to impress and suppress other nobles. To have Louise openly demonstrate her unswervingly loyal to the Henrietta would be a dramatic boost to the Queen's stature.

Henrietta certainly capitalizes heavily on the relationship by bestowing upon Louise the Queen's attention. Although Henrietta's always telling Louise how much she wishes for peace and never to use Louise as a tool of war, she has nevertheless sent Louise on very many dangerous missions. Louise is of course all too happy to volunteer her service to her best childhood friend, returning Henrietta's affection ten-fold.

In volume 14, we once again sees the same thing play out, Henrietta is once again "wishing for peace" and telling Louise and Tiffania that she doesn't wish to use them for war but yet again "things turn out differently." Also notice how Henrietta is trying to get close to Tiffania very much by playing the fact that they are cousins. Tiffania is of course hopelessly naive as well.

Louise loyalty to Henrietta has a problem and that is Saito. Saito is very skeptical about war and has a totally differently sensibility towards the "duty of nobility." And Saito, unlike Louise, has many practical Gandalfr skills and is much more reliable in actually completing missions. Louise as void user is useless without Saito.

Therefore Henrietta very much needs Saito on her side and she "worked" him over either by seduction or title of nobility. The effect: Saito certainly sympathizes with the "plight of the poor Queen" and fights in part for her sake. It is only when Saito is willing to remain by Louise's side did Henrietta finally stop seducing Saito.

All these points to Henrietta having a very manipulative side with her agenda and has a strong possibility of being the "last boss" of ZnT, in my opinion. After all the big fighting and stuff are over with, I have a feeling that Henrietta is somehow going to be the final obstacle towards the ending.
So henrietta is is triyng to get closer of Tiffania in vol.14,does she know than she's an(half)elf?And Is she really that manipulative-everyone who can read the novel seem to hate her lately-i tought she was too easily influencenble instead.
Yet i hope than you're right,it would make her more interesting,but i'd like to know if other think like you(and if that's why she's so much hated).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 08:17   Link #836
hchuang
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
So henrietta is is triyng to get closer of Tiffania in vol.14,does she know than she's an(half)elf?And Is she really that manipulative-everyone who can read the novel seem to hate her lately-i tought she was too easily influencenble instead.
Yet i hope than you're right,it would make her more interesting,but i'd like to know if other think like you(and if that's why she's so much hated).
Of course Louise would tell Henrietta the whole truth: elf, void user, everything. Given that, it is not hard to ascribe a not-so-altrustic motivation for moving Tiffania out of her reclusive forest to supposely keep her "out of the wrong hand."

The novel never really gives off any overt "shifty-eye" indication that Henrietta is bad. By all account her portrayal is that of naive, powerless, easily influenced, peace loving etc...

However, there's always an incongruency whenever Henrietta's talking to Louise about avoiding war, whenever she needed Louise to do something. The latest of which is the need to make war with the elves to reclaim the Holy Land. Her peace-loving talk is strongly contrasted with the aggressive way in which she pressed for indemnity from Albion. Just there seems to be a pattern...

In volume 14, Henrietta is mad. Mad at the Pope for scheming an open war with Galia along on. But I think she is really more angry at Pope trying to take away Louise and Tiffania from her.

These are all my own feeling, so don't be angry at me if Henrietta turns out to be really a simple character. Mabbe I am reading into these too much.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 08:31   Link #837
hchuang
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Also want to add that Tiffania seems trust Saito the most. Once again Saito holds the key to Henrietta's power.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 08:54   Link #838
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I completely agree with hchuang.

Though henrietta is always portrayed as naive and easily influenced if one take her actual actions into account one can see that they all have similar pattern and sort of aim.

I also think that thsi really shows how manipulative she actually is.

And for those who cannot read japanese - you already can witness some part of it in volume 2 chapter 3.

In there Henrietta out of nowhere comes to Louise and starts whining how bad things is and how poor it is, when Louise asks how she could help, Henreitta says that she doesn't want Louise's help, BUT actually tells whats the matter and how she could help her, then whines a little bit more to strengthen the effect and Louise is on.

Then she goes convincing the kind familiar-san - Saito to go along as well.

Do not forget that she already knows that Wardes will be going for a trip tomorrow in any case so it seems like she came here just to get Louise before tomorrow to join in, as she recently defeated Fouquet and seems reliable as well (plus she is her best friend so she won't be betraying her either).

Mind you that Henreitta had not been in touch with Louise for quite some time (Louise even wondered how she remembers her name) and now she burst in at night saying how Louise is her best friend and so on...

Others missions follow the same pattern. Henreitta always manipulates Louise to join in and do the most dangerous missions though she constantly whines how much she hates when Louise is in danger, but sends her on rather suicidal missions without much doubt.

When she stripped Louise and Saito of their titles I think she planned to keep them in prison for some time and then let them out and give their titles back to make them more in debt to her (how kind princess is and so on). Well Louise and Saito escaped Henreitta's prison but Henreitta could still play a kind princess card in the end.

She always talks about peace but takes very aggressive decisions that will end up in more bloodshed eventually...

I am not saying that Henreitta is evil, but she does look like very manipulative person. even if pope tricked her, it doesn't make her all that innocent herself.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 09:04   Link #839
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And since the rune contains the memories of the void mage and familiar, it can create an identical image I suppose. Was there any point to the whole thing? Did Saito learn anything from it?

I think it would be interesting if the author eventually chose to write some novels detailing Brimir.
If Brimir realized what the rune could do, perhaps he put information there for the future Gundaulf and his master. Maybe there will be more dreams, perhaps with Louise joining Saito.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 09:09   Link #840
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Did he know there would be a future familiar or even if times would require one?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.