AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-02, 13:01   Link #41
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I am so glad God made anime.

I am also glad I wasn't blessed with a brain.

DaFool gives this show two thumbs up for entertainment value.
Monir joins, raises thoses thumbs as well, and counts those thumbs down to 5?! Oh, that's a toe!

I'm also glad anime was invented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
On my twelfth viewing of the OVA last night, I realized how horribly offended I was by all the bikini service. As I paused it here and there to see if I could catch a glimpse of cameltoe, I quickly became outraged.

I may only watch this episode another six or seven times at most.

Terrible, terrible stuff.
Terrible stuff indeed! I, on the other hand, had watched it a meager number of 2 compared to your copious amount of viewing. I'm not worthy! philip72
Old 2006-09-02, 13:05   Link #42
AnimEvil
Anime Freak

im going to watch this one
AnimEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 13:33   Link #43
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimEvil
im going to watch this one
Most likely you're going to "thank yourself" afterwards.

>_>
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 15:12   Link #44
Gaiarth

Well, I enjoyed it. Sometimes you just need something brainless to cleanse the palate.

Besides, when you are building experimental combat mecha, tiny little loli pilots actually make sense. More space for ammo
Gaiarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 23:25   Link #45
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMangaEye
Spoiler for Testing Spoiler:

Thanks Lost!

But, on the topic of Sky Girls. Yes, they do look pre-pubescent but they're supposed to be 17-16. I thought Sky Girls was entertaining, but the fanservice was a bit forced. And it doesn't help with the Motion Slits either...

Motion Slits... What a weird name... I kept thinking they said Motion Suit or something like that...
I agree.

They're 16 to 17 yrs. of age, but they look more like 12 to 14 year olds.
And, the "Motion Slits" with their tail-like connectors made it all the more... *ahem* interesting to watch. You just can't take your eyes off them if you are indeed a warm-blooded male. >_>;

Yeah, definitely a lot of fanservice here, especially for those that enjoy seeing loli in their animes.

And, as a confession, I've seen it 4 times already: twice for the unsubbed raw and twice for the Froth-Bite version. *cough, cough* But, not as much as philip72. *cough, cough*

Anata wa hentai desu.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 22:05   Link #46
Twelvth

Huh... everyone keeps talking about the loli-fanservice, but after watching before reading this thread, I quite honestly didn't notice much of either. And I'm fairly certain I'm male at least, so maybe I'm not warm-blooded... hm...

Also: They seem a tad too... "developed" to be really all that loli, the only thing that really gives it that feel is that they're all midgets, and they have the oversized cute loli-eyes.

Honestly I think it could have made a fairly good anime if given a season to develope a bit.
Twelvth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 18:47   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i had my eye on this for quite some time and just managed to catch the subs...

imo its quite good ~ the story seems nostalgic but at the same time refreshing ^_^ i wont say that its loaded with loli fanservice but there were some ~ how cute ^_^

i think it could have easily been made into a 12 ep series...the plot is good and the animation was superb ~ had great fun watching this ^_^

also at the start it mentioned that 90% of the male population in the whole has been wiped out during the war when humans used "weapons of mass destruction" ~ so girls outnumber boys 10 t0 1 huh!?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 18:57   Link #48
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I don't think it was too "lolli"-it did have buttloads of fanservice though-the story wasn't bad. I've gotta admit that I've watched it 6 times already-I'm wondering if this is gonna be the only episode, though?
Old 2007-01-01, 02:00   Link #49
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
also at the start it mentioned that 90% of the male population in the whole has been wiped out during the war when humans used "weapons of mass destruction" ~ so girls outnumber boys 10 t0 1 huh!?
I loved that premise, or rather the way they thought to include it. If that doesnt spell the leadings to fanservice, I don't know what would.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 18:48   Link #50
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
They're 16 to 17 yrs. of age, but they look more like 12 to 14 year olds.
And, the "Motion Slits" with their tail-like connectors made it all the more... *ahem* interesting to watch. You just can't take your eyes off them if you are indeed a warm-blooded male. >_>;
Too much anime has messed with your brain. These girls look about 8-10. Japan is a fucked up country.
Old 2007-01-02, 05:46   Link #51
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

[Ryo] have released their version of Sky Girls, and it seems they took four months to do it. Ah well, I like them for their work on Tokimeki Memorial, so I decided to give this anime a try, and man...

I felt criminal watching it. On the plus side, I really dig the exo-suits, although I will never understand the logic of exposing your front to the whole wide world when it is the side that faces the enemy the most.

Just for laughs, I want an anime that shows pilots fighting backwards, just so that they have justification for armouring the back more than the front.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-02, 05:59   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ was it really that bad? i mean feeling "criminal is a bit much no? actually when the action started i was soley focusing on them fighting rather than their assets

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 06:14   Link #53
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
^ was it really that bad? i mean feeling "criminal is a bit much no? actually when the action started i was soley focusing on them fighting rather than their assets
Sky Girls is not exactly subtle about the fanservice. The first five minutes after the prologue should have been indication enough. Regardless, I still enjoyed the episode for the action. I am very much repulsed by sexualisation of lolitas, and it was the reason why I could not watch MoonPhase(TV).

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-03, 09:59   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Good voice acting from Kawasumi Ayako (yellow hair) and Shizuka Itou (black hair, Shoukou in Asatte no Houkou), with honorable mention to Saori Gotou (soft-spoken grey-haired genius, Yui in Rakugo Tennyou), Shiraishi Ryouko (the technician young man who had to make dinner, Shiratori in Mahoraba). Also Horie Yui (girl technician), Fujiwara Keiji (their male officer, formerly Shuuji in Honey & Clover), and Taniyama Kishou (the frizzy-haired guy, formerly Ken in Lamune). And totally outstanding fanservice. This show doesn't do a lot, but it does what it does quite well.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 11:59   Link #55
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
although I will never understand the logic of exposing your front to the whole wide world when it is the side that faces the enemy the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Sky Girls is not exactly subtle about the fanservice.
Why, my man, you've just answered yourself right there!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 14:11   Link #56
Kensuke

Quote:
i think it could have easily been made into a 12 ep series...
This and Otogi-jushi Akazukin are both produced by Konami, and after Akazukin OVA came 39-episode TV-series, so lets wait and see, if the DVDs sold well enough.

Akazukin OVA aired February 2005, and the TV-series started last July, so is not that they immediately start the TV-series.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 19:00   Link #57
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, just watched it, and i have to say it was fairly good. Guilty pleasure at its best It is fanservice galore, but hey - who's complaining. This has enough material to last for a while should authors decide to, so i give thumbs up and prepare to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
Too much anime has messed with your brain. These girls look about 8-10. Japan is a fucked up country
If you think that is how 8-10 year old girls look you need a reality check ASAP.
Old 2007-01-04, 02:15   Link #58
ThoHell

Hmm, that was a pretty good anime. Hope the series (if one does come out) will be as good. AND THOSE GIRLS DO LOOK LIKE THY'RE IN THEIR PRETEENS!!!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 10:18   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Even if we imagine them as twelve, I know from raising a daughter that few twelve-year-olds are as developed as any of the Sky Girls. To me, those of you who say you didn't see the loli fanservice must have the distorted perception of reality that comes from living in the anime universe too long. I can certainly see that happening to myself over the past few years of watching anime. Programs like Najica Blitz Tactics that were riddled with panty shots and occasional total nudity seemed shocking when I first started watching anime. Now the heightened dose of sexuality in anime compared to American programming seems routine. Unfortunately that seems to include a lot more sexualization of young girls which I find disturbing.

And, yet, I watched this show and enjoyed it a bit. It's got good production values and the story isn't bad for a mecha show. But the girls could easily have been drawn to be older teens like Asuka; there's no reason to make the girls twelve, and give them unnatural bodies, other than exploitation.

I like plucky girl animes like Angelic Layer or Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu that teach girls self-respect and independence of mind and action. These girls have those qualities, too, which is what I liked most about Sky Girls. Unfortunately the show also suggests that preteens wear bikinis that cover only the "naughty parts," with that term defined as narrowly as possible. It's even admissible to imagine some form of "relationship" with men the age of the mechanic.

Who is the audience for this program in Japan? Horny young men? Older men with a loli fetish? Girls who want to grow up to be Sky Girls? Women with a loli fetish?
Old 2007-01-04, 16:27   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Who is the audience for this program in Japan? Horny young men? Older men with a loli fetish? Girls who want to grow up to be Sky Girls? Women with a loli fetish?
As sick as it is, I think we know the target audience for Sky Girls. It is targeted at people who are intersted in the sexualization of young girls. As you say, these girls don't have the bodies of 12 year olds, although they have the faces of 12 year olds. These girls look like a pervert's idea of what a 12 year old could be.

I've hated that combination of childlike and adult ever since I first saw Dragon Half. I can't really recommend it to the lolicons in the audience since Mink's breasts are much larger than what lolicons favor these days, though mostly she seems like a 9 year old. You'll see that they've perfected the formula to make Sky Girls.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loli, mecha