AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 12:09   Link #101
Lost

Oland it is then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
................Pumpkin what!?
Heh thats the reaction I'm getting from all my friends when I tell them about the new series with the Hawt OP. Hmmm does anyone know who sang the OP theme and its title? I dont see any clue in the opening credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura`
Is it just a war anime, or will there be some subtle developments (character, plot, etc.)?
Why can't character/plot development be in a war anime? IMO it should, to really stand out, and I hope it will. But like someone said, too early in the Anime yet. Or you can ask the manga readers; I'm sure there are some here.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-06 at 12:21.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 12:45   Link #102
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Hmmm does anyone know who sang the OP theme and its title?
"Aoki Flamme" by Yoko Takahashi
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 12:49   Link #103
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
"Aoki Flamme" by Yoko Takahashi
Of Evangelion "Zankoku Tenshi" fame, no less !
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:12   Link #104
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

As for the 1st episode, i was pleasantly surprised. I'll probably drop D.Gray Man and just stick with this instead if it retains the same qaulity seen in the 1st episode.

Also, I think we need some gifs from the OP or certain parts of Ep.1.
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:20   Link #105
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Well...but often episode 1 has higher quality than the rest of the show simply because it is used as a intoduction and is ment to make many ppl interested in the show. In any case I just though Pumpkin Scissors was rather average. It might turn out good, it might turn out boring. For me its too early to judge now.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 16:05   Link #106
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Well, I don't mind the seriousness and a little complex story...as long as it's not TOO complex...I'm cool with that. But from the looks of it, I'm pretty sure it's not. Then again, I could be wrong.
Yeh, it is like everyone has been saying: too early to tell for sure the direction this series will be heading. I'll quote Lost on this one, because I strongly agree that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Why can't character/plot development be in a war anime? IMO it should, to really stand out, and I hope it will.
So then, here's hoping for the same!
Old 2006-10-06, 16:21   Link #107
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Dear Gonzo, please don't f*@k this one up. Everything was spot on. Alice is awesome, Orland is awesome. The OP was great and even the ED,in a bizarre way, just endeared me more to this show.

I'm really curious about the whole jack o' lantern/will o' the wisp connection. In British foklore the will o' the wisp's were mischievous spirits that lured weary travellers to their doom in fenlands and moors. Will be interesting to see if there really is a supernatural element to Orland's chilling power, or just biological or chemical warfare i.e. Orland the product of some foul biochemical research gone horribly wrong and now needs to be erased before it threatens the peace etc...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:25   Link #108
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Dear Gonzo, please don't f*@k this one up. Everything was spot on. Alice is awesome, Orland is awesome. The OP was great and even the ED,in a bizarre way, just endeared me more to this show.

I'm really curious about the whole jack o' lantern/will o' the wisp connection. In British foklore the will o' the wisp's were mischievous spirits that lured weary travellers to their doom in fenlands and moors. Will be interesting to see if there really is a supernatural element to Orland's chilling power, or just biological or chemical warfare i.e. Orland the product of some foul biochemical research gone horribly wrong and now needs to be erased before it threatens the peace etc...
That whole lantern thing...I wonder if it's like a trigger or a self-hypnotism to himself?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-06, 19:35   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
imo the lantern thing is like a stimulant to get orland to go into "killing mode"...cause to me hes normally a big softie enjoying salad

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:52   Link #110
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
imo the lantern thing is like a stimulant to get orland to go into "killing mode"...cause to me hes normally a big softie enjoying salad
The big question is - is it engineered or summoned i.e. biochemical or supernatural.

I really like Orland and I hope that the story is about him finding peace with his past; clearly he was a weapon of war and now without war, he's lost.
Old 2006-10-06, 21:14   Link #111
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Well, most of this are static ones. But I am sure better avi makers will show up eventually.

A most simple gif..

Old 2006-10-06, 22:17   Link #112
ToxicWind

This show sorta reminds me of trigun for some reason... Its ok so far, I hope it gets better though.
ToxicWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 00:16   Link #113
Lost

Thank yous for the song info!

Keeping in theme with what I think this series is about (disclaimer: having watched only one episode so far), I'm hoping it will be biochemical/engineering; not supernatural.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-07 at 00:51.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 04:54   Link #114
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i can assume that its an artificial ability seen as we see tubes sticking into him during the OP song...id guess that its some kind of an experiment to created a "super trooper"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 05:20   Link #115
Vola^

It looks like a nice little action anime this I kinda wish the female character had a cooler weapon though maybe I've been watching too much black lagoon
Vola^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 12:01   Link #116
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
A most simple gif..

Hey! This is the one I requested on the gif avie thread that no one took Good work Daniel E.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-07, 15:28   Link #117
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vola^ View Post
It looks like a nice little action anime this I kinda wish the female character had a cooler weapon though maybe I've been watching too much black lagoon
Alice doesn't need a cooler weapon. All she needs is her trusty standard issue sword to take on a tank
Old 2006-10-07, 16:42   Link #118
Guido

I'm just glad to have checked this title; my second entry for the new season.

The name did not make sense to me, until I saw the episode. Basically, the Pumpkin Scissors platoon engages to provide humanitarian aid to the victims of the war.

Alice is an interesting character for a female with a powerful personality. Her philosophy to right the wrongs and give support to the defenseless echoes at every corner within a landscape, ravaged by the Great War.

It's an alternate reality but greatly influenced by the WWI age. The Empire suffering from an economic backlash, famine, shortage of food supplies, and thousands of refugees who lost their homes. Just like people feel or succumb to despair when death and rampage are slapped into their faces out of the blue.

It made me interested the whole issue with the chemical agents. I can come up that the Frost Republic and other neighboring countries would be engaging on biological warfare to add into their escalating powers, so that they can coerce the Empire to diplomatic surrender.
Spoiler:

It would be gripping if GONZO guides the plot on Pumpkin Scissors reveling behind the bureaucratic facade and making discoveries about the enemies of the Empire manufacturing mass chemical weapons.

The series feels more in tone with the Rurouni Kenshin show, because Orlando must be a man both haunted and tormented by his past.
Spoiler:

The opening song blasted me. It's a been a while since I've heard a theme performed by Yohko Takahashi.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 20:53   Link #119
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
too early to tell which way its going to go. I like the female lead shes funny with a lot energy. The animation doesnt bother me. Im just curious to see what main story line will be like.
Old 2006-10-07, 21:34   Link #120
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Reeks of WW I vibes to me, but its been a while since I've caught something like this. Thus far, the characters seem interesting, as does the premises for the storyline, so I'll probably be watching this closely.

@ Guido: If there's a comparison with RK, then perhaps there will be the inherent theme of the 'dark past coming back to haunt' theme.