AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Old 2007-03-08, 05:42   Link #41
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well....
Spoiler:

This would be an absolute riot if....

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-16, 16:17   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
inbou!!!!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 19:24   Link #43
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I just watched episode 2 and even though the animation freaks me out a bit i like it and the concept. I honestly didnt think i would like it as much as i do looking forward to the release. Two important points i have noticed about the series.

1 If you live in a futuristic society where most of mankind has been destroyed and the name of your city is EDEN the people who run the place are lying to you. That has been proven in almost every sci series with the name eden in it.

2. Even in the future Cup O Noodles survives.
Old 2007-03-20, 21:19   Link #44
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

2. Even in the future Cup O Noodles survives.
Yep. Salt-ladden mass-produced cup of mystery food survives in all times.
Old 2007-03-21, 01:09   Link #45
Lost

^ Product Placement FTW! It's nice to see those jolly red words. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Spoiler:
Also see near the end of the OP, about 2:25 onwards, for a glimpse of that capsule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Spoiler:
Everything seems to be well-coordinated, designed even, to prevent people from knowing the truth. Just with the right checks in place (like that computer system lockdown - WTH it shut down the entire place's network) and the right people in the right places, and it'll be pretty plausible. See how they managed to get the volunteering crew off of the dome. By those bracelets too, they practically control the population down to an individual. The way I see it, no one is allowed outside the domes during Earth-rise until Earth-set. Thus, no one (except those allowed to) will ever lay eyes on the Earth and therefore no one thinks to disbelieve the fact that it's red and destroyed.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I find it unlikely that an entire population can be bluffed into just believing a false story that a space station felt onto Earth followed by the occurrence of a world wide war severe enough to make Earth inhabitable. For something that preposterous, people would have to see it to believe it; and I'm sure EDEN must have had refugees from Earth too. I think it a little more likely that that "accident" and subsequent war was planned/instigated. However, at its simplest, it may just be that the ruler(s) of EDEN wants control and power, as leongsh said.

As for my comments on Episode 2, it was so AWESOME in every way. What especially caught my eye were the drawn backgrounds of the city and dome. They surpassed those in Ep 1, and were truly beautiful to behold. A beautiful vision of EDEN indeed. That's not all. Then, there were the hawt 3DCG scenes. Who can forget the 2 vehicular slow-mo scenes? One of the crashing bike (omg the detail) and the other of the lunar jump (*shiver*). Totally Amazing. Eye candy aside, the development of events in this episode really really emphasized the potential this show has. A budding friendship between former rivals? A developing love for a woman that is literally worlds apart? Too, a developing resistance to the control placed upon him. More important, the fact that all is not what it was and that the truth is deliberately being suppressed. I'm in the same boat as monir when I say that I can't wait.

On a side note, Takeru really really reminds me of Shu, a character very special to me.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:42   Link #46
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Freedom OVA - Episode 3 Preview and Yahoo Japan broadcast

The Episode 3 preview/trailer is available from the Freedom OVA website (Link to preview). The action heats up more

Episode 3 will be broadcast on Yahoo Japan for 72 hours from Friday, 20 April 2007 (same deal as was done for Episode 2). This is the precursor to the official release of the Volume 3 DVD (for Episode 3) on Wednesday, 25 April 2007.

Definitely looking forward to it.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 18:21   Link #47
leongsh
Daijoubu!

FREEDOM OVA - Episode 3

Episode 3 is out.

The quickie lowdown: "And we have liftoff!"
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:43   Link #48
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Just watched the sub for episode 3. I'm even more hooked now. Watching his former rival going out of his way to help them with his gang was BADAZZ. I'm liking this anime more all the time. I can't wait for the next episode. -biting fingernails-
Old 2007-05-12, 17:26   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and just when i was thinking about bumping this thread back up ~ you must have read my mind
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 19:07   Link #50
orion

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-13, 23:59   Link #51
Lost

I wonder how much Nissin pays per episode.. >.<.

In other news, an interesting Freedom Project-related article crept up in The Straits Times newspaper today:

Basically it reported about a 28 year-old Singaporean man whose dreams of becoming an Animator started off after watching Katsuhiro Otome's Akira in primary school. It highlights that he's the first Singaporean and foreign animator working at Sunrise, and possibly any major animation project; and yes, the said project is none other than Freedom Project which as we know Otome is rather heavily involved in. He, together with a senior colleague, is in-charge of the lighting for Freedom Project, "tweaking the lighting to simulate a 2D effect." It goes on to talk about his education path (he came from the same polytechnic I'm graduating from ) and how he feels about working as an animator on a "Katsuhiro Otome project." An excerpt I found of interest: "I mean really long hours, like straight 15- to 16-hour days for weeks on end. Public holidays and overtime pay do not exist in our dictionary."

It's very interesting that such an article should appear. Anime-related stuff rarely makes the news, and for it to be featured on a mainstream newspaper is not something seen everyday.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 01:45   Link #52
ssfsx17

I just picked up this series and saw all three and a half episodes released thus far. Even though I want to see more of Katsuhiro Otomo's intricate mechanical designs, I'm also anxious to see wait will happen on Earth.
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 08:38   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
IM excited to pick up the first HD Anime DVD it should look excellent
Old 2007-06-20, 09:36   Link #54
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
IM excited to pick up the first HD Anime DVD it should look excellent
With content that you have to download that should have been on the disk and a key to download to unlock what you already bought, I'd rather wait for the Blu-ray version. This version is a crippled release imo.
Old 2007-06-20, 10:32   Link #55
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
With content that you have to download that should have been on the disk and a key to download to unlock what you already bought, I'd rather wait for the Blu-ray version. This version is a crippled release imo.
$40 for one episode? And how much is the Blu-ray going to cost?
Old 2007-06-20, 10:46   Link #56
orion

Quote:
$40 for one episode? And how much is the Blu-ray going to cost?

Don't know. It hasn't been announced yet. But other BV titles eventually show up as Blu-ray so I'm playing the waiting game.

HD R2 version is available online only now.

Anyone who was complaining about prices before this release now know that it can get worse.
Old 2007-06-25, 03:14   Link #57
blauereiter
Freedom Committee member

Hello guys, thank you so much for supporting Freedom. We ( at Sunrise ) will work harder to make the coming episodes even better !

http://halcyonrealms.com
blauereiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 06:35   Link #58
SneakerPimp

I took a few comparison shots between the DVD and HDDVD versions of Freedom Vol. 1

http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/2007...bildvergleich/
SneakerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 20:27   Link #59
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauereiter View Post
Hello guys, thank you so much for supporting Freedom. We ( at Sunrise ) will work harder to make the coming episodes even better !

http://halcyonrealms.com
Actually, the only support from me for this title is via a rental. I will not buy a crippled release. The 7 min prelude video is locked and only available for HD players. The rest of Prelude video content is downloadable only for HD players only.

DVD users have only 1 episode and a next episode preview for $40 MSRP. HD users have to unlock features that they've already bought and download things that should have been on the disc in the first place.

This R1 release is a trainwreck imo. Before now, I actually had faith in BV USA. Now with this release, I'm almost at the point of wishing that BV would pack up and go back to Japan if they don't change their pricing and release strategy.

Thank you for working hard on this release. Now please get your R1 pricing and release act together.

Yes, I know you said that you're from Sunrise. Please relay these comments back to BV too.

And...welcome to the forum.

Last edited by orion; 2007-06-27 at 20:48.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 18:34   Link #60
orion

Freedom Ova 6

And we have lift off!

Luckily those who bought the series in HD DVD can finish it in R1 since this volume has been solicited.